PDA

View Full Version : Hey remember that NC ripoff...?

-FN-
03-12-08, 02:23
Face of Mankind: Rebirth launched their new website yesterday:

[Edited]

[Edited]

What if...

- Neocron had a limited, but devoted dev team with monthly patches.
- Accounts were free2play, but if you wanted to enter WoC you had to have a paid account to overcap.
- There were a handful of instances requiring WoC.
- There were paid subscriber "gifts" - aesthetic armor, pets, etc.

HOG
03-12-08, 02:43
that would be really cool. I think alota games/private servers make some decent money by allowing the game to be free to play but you have to pay for extra things like novelty items. Ofc these items dont give you any real advantage, they are just cool things like you said.

Archtemplar
03-12-08, 06:54
This is the new direction Korean mmos have been heading, and tbh, NC will never be able to breach into the appropriate markets to make this idea a reality. It would take far too much time and far too much effort to make NC ready for a shitstorm of people.

Things like, pings, graphics, bugs, balancing, stability... They're better off just starting fresh.

L0KI
03-12-08, 10:39
Most "Free to Play" games, with cash shops make MORE money than equivalent Pay to Play games. That's fact.

The theory behind it is sound; get people hooked, and charge £10-£20 for a piece of amazing gear.

People WILL pay it.

Back on topic; Face of Mankind wasn't a Neocron rip off at all. I played it for about 6 months. To be fair to it, it wasn't as bad a game as people thought. It's no Neocron, and never will be, regardless of how many devs work on it. I have to say though, the world's are incredibly well designed, and I did enjoy the PvP - which is what it's all about.

No crappy levelling up, just start, earn some money from group 'Patrol' missions, which force you to play within your faction as a team, then go out shooting other players.

Each faction's heirarchy is led by other players, and you have to earn their respect to gain promotion.

The only negative aspect of this, is that most of the players in command were racist, offensive children with absolutely no respect for other people.

Face of Mankind, although seemingly an NC rip-off, was an entirely different game.

Where Neocron would get a 10/10, FoMK would get a 7/10, but still - I welcome it's return.

I just wish ReaKKtor would devote a FRACTION of time to this game, then maybe it would kick start back into flourishing success.

Oh, and @ -FN- :

Neocron cannot.... CAN NOT have pets. What are you thinking man? :lol:

Riddle
03-12-08, 11:17

Who wouldn't pay for a pet DROM! Assman sure would :p
Maybe a baby Grim that snorts smoke :)

flib
03-12-08, 11:22
You're telling me we can't have droms or mutant dogs in our apartments? :'(

Hell-demon
03-12-08, 11:24
Not consenting ones at least >=)

L0KI
03-12-08, 11:57
Apartments, fair enough.

But if I see elven rangers walking about with their pet tigers, that can be sent to attack other players, there's going to be murders.

Hell-demon
03-12-08, 13:17
Damn MMORPG's polluting our nets!

Riddle
03-12-08, 14:01
Played it in Beta for a while, got bored quickly tbh. the old LED walking around Pwning people with Knives that were overpowered beyond belief, funny as.

If it's gonna be free depending on the scope of what's free i may take a look if i ever get my connection sorted but it will never hold my interest i know.

Apart from the PvP i found the rest of the game pretty bland. Even their Snow fell inside buildings, so NC isn't that bad ;)

/edit ooo 2,500 Posts! i need to type less and play more:D

rob444
03-12-08, 20:35
I remember beta testing this game, IT WAS HORRIBLE! H O R R I B L E ! ! ! ! ! *dies*

Hell-demon
03-12-08, 22:08
See it must be bad if it killed Rob.

Come to mention it I played the beta of it and it was horrible. HORRIBLE!!!!

*dies*

Apocalypsox
04-12-08, 00:15
Come to mention i tried to play it when asurmen was playing it ( :lol: )

Fucking sucked. Everyone was a dick, PKed the lowbies and took anything that had any value

Obsidian X
04-12-08, 00:44

Soulclusters! Make tame ones that live in the apartment or something, but nothing more ;)

flib
04-12-08, 20:33
Yeah I tried that too. Basically: dildos.

Hell-demon
04-12-08, 20:43
o_O er...what?

Isec
04-12-08, 20:47
I cant Download this Game :confused:

DARK_Overfiend
08-12-08, 16:13
yeah.... i hated beta testin this game too...

i got most my dibs on the Fallen Earth thou. or Global Agenda

Freki
08-12-08, 17:21
Global Agenda is on my radar for some time now - looks great

Welkin 4591 (aka Planetside2) looks good to (already participated in their beta - fantastic but damn laggy from time to time)

Saiyuki-
16-12-08, 04:50
Just look at WoWscape... Free private server ... Has made THOUSANDS of dollars off of selling "Donar" equipment ^^

Apocalypsox
16-12-08, 08:02
Just look at WoWscape... Free private server ... Has made THOUSANDS of dollars off of selling "Donar" equipment ^^
Also got closed down after Blizzard threatened to financially clusterfuck the owners.

Fallen Earth sucks. Gameplay is extremely linear. Just believe me.
Global Agenda looks decent, but extreme meh on the "Massive battle" factor. Currently, its limited to a giant chatroom with like 10v10 battles.
Yeah.

Nidhogg
16-12-08, 11:57
Discussing a game you've played is ok but just announcing a new game (even a new version of an old game) is an advert. Advertising is not permitted on the Neocron forums.

N