PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Fallout 3

Archtemplar
26-11-08, 17:13
Anyone try it?

I like it a lot, but as with other bethesda games - I'm really excited with the posibilities the of GECK (mod tool). Neocron TC anyone? :D

MadMeleeFreak
26-11-08, 17:34
Still exploring the post nuclear world and i like the game a lot.

I already liked Fallout 1 and 2 a lot. Fallout 3 is what i would call the most complete game I've played so far (and I've played a good lot of games over the past 15 years).

Bethesda managed to create an intense atmosphere. The love to the detail in that game is realy impressive. The story (as far as I followed the main story line in only 3 quests so far after 18 hours of game time) is realy thrilling. The characters in the game are pretty cool. Fights are a lot of fun. And I like the Skill system a lot.

I would go so far to say that Bethesda are, at the time being, the best development studio for RPGs and I'm really looking forward to have them create a MMORPG. There are some rumors that they'd plan to do a MMO in the "Elder Scrolls" universe, which I hope are true.

Hell-demon
27-11-08, 06:56
It's Oblivion with guns.

*VATS is a gimmick and shameful attempt at turn based gaming.

*Voice acting is shit even though they hired such talent as Liam Neeson and Malcolm McDowell. [ edited - spoilers removed ]
*Animation is shit

*Bethesda like the copy and paste key because if you seen one bombed house or subway station you've seen 'em all.

However, I like it. I'd say it's above average but I think if the modders get involved then they can undo Bethesda's crap nad make this game better. It has potential but by doing stuff they implemented in that lackluster piece of shit Oblivion and making a short and rather mediocre main quest (complete with shit ending), they've just made a game resembling previous work. For fuck sake, try and make something a bit more original.

Asurmen Spec Op
29-11-08, 18:14
I liked it.
"Oblivion with Guns" is an awesome concept to me, since I loved the fuck out of oblivion.
The voice acting is much less shit than Oblivion, I loved the main story.
plus, VATS was funny as fuck.

rob444
29-11-08, 18:40
Good game in general but I wouldn't call it great. I'm all up for the post-apocalyptic environment but it's too much for me, I want some colors too which you will rarely find in Fallout 3 (I said rarely!).

Brammers
29-11-08, 20:00
Not got that far in the game, really like it so far, apart from having the crap beaten out of my by a huge rat. Have to agree with Hell-demon on one thing, the voice acting is crap.

Oh I did like this little touch in the character generator. I don't know if it was giving a nod to NC in any way! :p

Mighty Max
29-11-08, 20:08
Playing it right now, and i really like the humor in it.
Been a bit surprised that it runs pretty smooth on this old machine.
A lot of sidestories and multiple ends/trees in the quests and interactions.

Will go the complete 0-charisma way when finished the current run.

flib
29-11-08, 20:16
Not got that far in the game, really like it so far, apart from having the crap beaten out of my by a huge rat. Have to agree with Hell-demon on one thing, the voice acting is crap.

Oh I did like this little touch in the character generator. I don't know if it was giving a nod to NC in any way! :p
Hmm, that cursor looks very familiar...

Biglines
29-11-08, 23:31
think its the best single player game ive played since halflife 1 or 2

think ive played for more than 50 hours till now and not even halfway down the main quest (although I don't like that I'm already capped skillwise), the side quests are so fucking great... I mean, just setting up a couple to marry, or simply making them unhappy, without any obvious reward (except karma)

the world is believable, and yes, a lot of the buildings around the beginning area look the same, but if you get to other areas a lot of them are totally different.

Hell-demon
30-11-08, 08:13
Playing it right now, and i really like the humor in it.

I have to disagree.

Bethesda have no humour. The previous fallout games had a good mix of dark humour, but it feels very try hard in this. The humour is querky, not dark or even "ha that's funny".

My advice is to avoid the main quest as it is so short and lack luster it will dissapoint you. When you complete it it's game over. A lot of people will tell you avoid it and I for one agree.