PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back

Flea
10-11-08, 04:29
Okay so I got my password to my old account only to find that it was completely stripped of all my old characters!! Does reakktor still have the characters in the database from a while back and if so could they reinstate them to my account?

ridec
10-11-08, 12:57
Well, I'm pretty sure they won't do anything about it... Seems like it's a long time ago you ripped it :o)... so, just start gearing up again :)... It isn't that hard lol... 7 days prehaps..

zii
10-11-08, 15:45
Or just send an email to the accounts email address and ask KK.

L0KI
10-11-08, 17:25
I'm SURE I remember you dude. o_O

Flea
10-11-08, 22:41
Ok, I emailed accounts and am waiting for a response from them, Hopefully they still have my ancient characters in the database, Cross your fingers guys. Hopefully I'll be pvping asap!!

Apocalypsox
11-11-08, 02:11
Good luck with that :D

Flea
11-11-08, 03:01
Thanks, I'm sure that I will need all the luck i can get!

Dribble Joy
11-11-08, 03:09
Bells a'ringing.

Apocalypsox
11-11-08, 03:33
Indeed. The name is even familiiar to me O.o

But anyways, before you do too much to your setup (Your points should be fully reset if you get your chars back) Make sure you poke and ask around about setups these days. Quite a bit different than they used to be.

Flea
11-11-08, 04:39
Well my old setup was, and this is with implants, 70 fire 100 energy 100 xray 75 poision, will this work any good?

Apocalypsox
11-11-08, 05:16
I don't know how much that will ring true with the implant revamp, but the resists sound pretty good if you can acheive those with still a good bit of health. My tank has just under 1100 health, so go from there. My spy just over 650, but im way specced in agi and athletics there. It just depends what you can get after looking over new implant stats from what you remember really

Riddle
11-11-08, 11:44
Welcome back! I am afraid you'll find it a new game tbh with setups.

Hard caps have been removed so there is a finer balance to be struck with resists versus damage. Unlike the old setups of ..reach weapon cap and plump rest into resists.

a MAJOR change since your time and when i first started is the damage zones. The body has been broken up into 3 hitzones, Head,Torso and Legs each requiring there own individual armour points plus the PA which adds to all areas.

This is a serious change because you can no longer plug gaps, you need to balance protection across the body.

Secondly ALL implants changed so you willl need to rethink your setup, e.g MOVEON a staple Tank chip in the day is useless now unless you require a doorstop for your apartment!

No PSI for tanks anymore so no heal or deflector or buff, replaced with an injector heal and still medipacks :p but no personal psi buffs.

Could have sworn there was a cap on Health at some point in the past around the 1000 mark??, now you can get MASSIVE health so another factor in the resists/health/damage balancing.

Best not to mention speed/netcode capability of non-pa tanks;)

o and by the way if you used to be melee POB tank like me in the day, pack it away and go Heavy as it's the only viable option for PvP.

Good Hunting Runner......and good luck!

P.S. Check out the latest Skill Manager if you want to try out ideas

CMaster
11-11-08, 13:44
Old health cap was 595.
Seems almost quaint, doesn't it?

Riddle
11-11-08, 14:06
Thanks CMaster!

Thought there was one, getting old :rolleyes: just remember sorting my health points so that once i was OP buffed i hit Max and no more, forgot how low it was lol

Yinyin
11-11-08, 22:51
joindate ++

Flea
12-11-08, 02:40
It sure sounds like things have changed alot, I've yet to actually get ingame because I'd like to keep all character slots open just in case KK can reinstate my old characters.

Flea
12-11-08, 18:17
It seems that I am 4 months too late to retrieve my characters. Reakktor have removed the feature that allows the linking of nc1 account into nc2 so I guess if I want to play I need to start from scratch with nothing.

Riddle
12-11-08, 19:14
It seems that I am 4 months too late to retrieve my characters. Reakktor have removed the feature that allows the linking of nc1 account into nc2 so I guess if I want to play I need to start from scratch with nothing.
Nothing like a real challenge huh?

you'll be fine, give you a chance to figure out all the shit as you level tbh.

You are not missing as much as you think. Only chars were transferred, cash was not other than a token gesture based on level. What was in your quickbelt was moved over and your imps and armour.
No Apartment keys, No Epic rewards, no gogo, no inventory, half the shit is now useless anyways due to imp/armour rebalancing changes.

o and by the way several chars were lost in a data issue so transferred as monks when they started as tanks! or lost skill points and people just deleted anywways.

Start again!! Should only take a week or so to level to cap and people are fairly good at helping out with stuff etc.

Good Hunting.

Logan