PDA

View Full Version : ]OT[ Nobby goes to Canada 2008 !

nobby
07-11-08, 01:37
A little over a week from arriving back from Egypt, I shall be departing once again to live another tale of "Nobby's Journeys around the world!"

My friend from my hamlet/Village recently finished uni along with his GF, unsure of what to do with their Degrees, they randomly thought... Let's just move from shitty cold England...

How bout Canada?

Without a further thought, they moved with whatever money they had, staying in a hostel in Vancouver together they've been trying to get themselves good jobs from the start, which has not been as successful as they were expecting.

A friend they've made out there asked if they fancied looking after their apartment and watering the plants since they're going on a 6 week holiday.
They jumped at the chance :)

So they told me they're getting a little lonely and want visitors :p

They've already got a good mate of mine going to visit on the 16th, so at the sound of the invitation to myself. I quickly booked myself a nice ticket for the 12th.

So I shall be going from the 12th-25th this month.

A two minute walk away from their apartment is the grouse mountain where we shall be snowboarding each day and should be quite fun :p

Where I get my money from, one might wonder...

Well a little internet investment which my parents were 100% against and skeptical about actually was real, so I made them eat their words and I'm off traveling once again with Nobby's new fortune. :)

If you've been to Vancouver and have been to places which are a Must see, please tell me !!
:D

Selket
07-11-08, 09:55
I quite dont get u.

U want to go to canada for 2 weeks travel?

Or u want to go to canada without any money for 2 weeks?

Or u want to go to canada without any money and for undefined time?

Or u want to go to canada for endefined time?

Im confused.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Archtemplar
07-11-08, 17:37
Pacific coast sucks bawls, come to the glorious Atlantic coast and enjoy the finest brews! :p

Kanedax
07-11-08, 17:47
Downtown Vancouver is damn cool, its got an almost NYC feel without all the people being down right arse rags. I stayed at the Comfort Inn on Glanville and Nelson downtown. Lots of shops, clubs and pubs all around, good food, usually some good musical acts every night. Also, right by there is the downtown mall and the Cannabis Culture store :P. The metro is right near by as well so it's not difficult to get to.

nobby
09-11-08, 04:22
Wicked !

I've been told the grouse mountain (apparently home to the winter Olympics) is only a two minute walking distance from my friend's apartment!

So Snowboarding every day could be an option :p

God i'm only leaving wednesday... Eeek !

flib
09-11-08, 04:59
Germany a great place, especially Wiesbaden. I might be biased though.

nobby
09-11-08, 08:10
and whats at Wiesbaden?

flib
09-11-08, 20:06
Well, not anything in particular, it's just a really nice little place.

Finne
09-11-08, 20:43
downside is its in germany so u have to deal with germans all the time, they can be funny........

flib
10-11-08, 05:07
I like the Germans.

Asurmen Spec Op
11-11-08, 06:01
All I have to say is 'eh' and 'aboot'

Apocalypsox
11-11-08, 06:12
Don't mind him, hes just getting bored.

Also, When is nobby going to come to the west coast here in the states? Me and Asurmen could go and harass him! :lol:

nobby
11-11-08, 15:26
I have a villa in Florida... but never been to West USA...

Would love to see LA one day :p

Tarn
11-11-08, 19:05
come near southern ontario and ill slay you.

Kanedax
11-11-08, 19:39
Come near Tampa, Florida and I'll RAEP you.

Jodo
12-11-08, 01:38
Feeeeeel the love.

nobby
12-11-08, 04:14
: /

Do I take it as complement?

off to airport in 8 hours, gonna attempt to take the train all the way to Gatwick from London without being pickpocketed/robbed...

wish me luck :p

flib
12-11-08, 07:06
Come to Radford, VA and I'll make love to (with) you.

nobby
13-11-08, 09:41
Address ?

PM me... we could uhh meet up i guess...

VA = Vancouver ?

I'm sitting in the airport right now, laptop, All our luggage is over an hour late now and we're scratching our eyes out to boredom.
I hate Canada already ^^

My poor mate would have been waiting over an hour and half for me and Fucking virgin don't let me use Pay as you go here ><

flib
13-11-08, 10:40
VA = Virginia
=/

LTA
13-11-08, 17:48
heh thought for a minute you was gonna say Radford in Notts, was gonna say thats not the place to be passing through if your avoiding muggings and the like..lol

My mate said it was a really good holiday to go on in Canada he brought a load of ps3 games cheap wrapped em n brought em back as "gifts" lol

nobby
14-11-08, 02:00
:p

Well I arrive, only to be interrogated by passport control...

"So what you doing here?"

- Visiting a friend, doing some sightseeing, stuff like that...

"How'd you get the money to come here?"

- uhh.. I'm 18, I work hard with my dad

"What do you do?"

- I do catering...

*flicks through passport*

"I see you went to Japan last year... uhh and this year... and EGYPT?"

- yeah I uhh... love traveling

"You're one lucky kid... -.-"

- well I do work hard for my money

"So what about school then?"

- I'm in college right now

"I see... go through"

meh... he really wasn't that happy a man : / guess he's just Jealous :D

Mate met me with his girlfriend, holding a "Nobby" cardboard sign all happy to see me :) Plane was over an hour late but they didn't mind...

Got to apartment at 1am and slept nicely :)

Woke up at 8am and went for a walk around the city with my mate, got a blueberry cheese cake for breakfast which was yummy :p

I've just spent the last 5 hours walking around and looking in fancy shops, gonna go to the real proper sightseeing places when maties get back from work in 5 hours time...

Well I'm having fun ^^

how about youuuuuuu

Jodo
14-11-08, 04:54
Well I arrive, only to be interrogated by passport control...

You call that interrogation? There wasn't even rubber gloves!

flib
14-11-08, 05:43
Those assholes are always pissed off. After arriving in England from Germany, I didn't have the exact dates and times of my flights, so she talked about how if an English person were trying to get into the US and didn't know the exact dates and times of their flights, they wouldn't be permitted entry. -_-

CMaster
14-11-08, 12:13
Those assholes are always pissed off. After arriving in England from Germany, I didn't have the exact dates and times of my flights, so she talked about how if an English person were trying to get into the US and didn't know the exact dates and times of their flights, they wouldn't be permitted entry. -_-

Well, she's right. Not that it makes being an arsehole to tourists any more justifiable, but US immigration are pretty fuck nuts. They give you a nice long interrogation to check that you aren't actually trying to illegally immigrate and never leave (with a British passport...) and pointed a gun at my girlfriend's deaf sister because she didn't understand what they were shouting at her...

As for Vancouver, got family tehre so have been to visit. Grouse mountain would be high up my list of recommednations, but you've already got that one. This chinatown is pretty big, so I'd probably check that out, as well as downtown of course (not that it was that interesting in the daytime downtown). Go to the coasts, eat some seafood. It's good. If you want to do some skiing/boarding on a big resort, see about doing a couple of days up at Whistler. There's a big park/nature reserve somewhere too, full of redwoods and squirrels and so on. That was pretty nice.