26-10-08, 02:29
For those in the UK, clocks go back.
Bit late in posting sorry

Necpock
26-10-08, 08:57
Thankies!

zii
26-10-08, 11:21
For those in Europe, the clocks went back this morning. Just like Britain did ;)

Nymphette79
26-10-08, 12:00
Ty, wasn't sure if the rest of europe had daylight savings at the same time as UK, but now I do. :)

Pretty obvious really :rolleyes: :wtf:

CMaster
26-10-08, 13:15
Ty, wasn't sure if the rest of europe had daylight savings at the same time as UK, but now I do. :)

Pretty obvious really :rolleyes: :wtf:

It's technically not daylight savings in europe and the UK, but a move between different timezones. Not that it matters.

I personally forget about it all the while, but then almos every clock I use adjusts itself anyway.

Brammers
26-10-08, 14:33
I completely forgot until one of the DJ's on Radio one started shouting it's 10:07 not 11:07!

If you want to hear something a little unusual/funny dial 123 from a BT land line. (It's the BT speaking clock)

Nymphette79
26-10-08, 18:51
It's technically not daylight savings in europe and the UK, but a move between different timezones. Not that it matters.

Thats what they called it in my sons "fall" newsletter.
Thought thats what it was meant to be called & I was just simple, I've always just known it as the clocks go back/forward, no official name as such.
Now im confused & on a Sunday aswell O_o :confused: :rolleyes:

flib
26-10-08, 19:51
Thought thats what it was meant to be called & I was just simple, I've always just known it as the clocks go back/forward, no official name as such.
Today's not sunday.

CMaster
26-10-08, 19:54

Sounds like your son's newsletter is written by americans. Who do indeed have daylight savings time.

Tratos
26-10-08, 20:04
Thing is, it is daylight savings time as that's what the hour clock change was implemented for? It just so happens that the extra hour grants a different timezone, after all it is British Summer Time.

Certainly seems a very British thing to do, making up a timezone to suit ourselves.

Thanks for the reminder on DST though ;) you were kind of right on your thinking that the UK changed thier clocks at different dates to Europe as we only started doing it at the same time in 2002!