PDA

View Full Version : Next Piss up

NAPPER
23-10-08, 03:28
Me and Fill Tron have been talking and we want another Piss up but where and when is the question ???????

Any Ideas ?????

We Could have a vote on it

Ok Dec 19th Friday Maybe?

where i have no idea

Nymphette79
23-10-08, 09:05
Not to rain on ur parade but the wkend b4 xmas most people will only have moths left in thier wallet.
But on a positive, u could combine it with a 40th Birthday Bash for Nid :D

L0KI
23-10-08, 09:17
Sheffield would be winner.

NC Xmas party on the 19th.... Also winner :D

Brammers
23-10-08, 11:01
Well 19th December is out for me, as I've already got a Christmas party to attend.

As for where, it's time for the location to be in the South of England for a change. ;)

Riddle
23-10-08, 11:33
Well 19th December is out for me, as I've already got a Christmas party to attend.

As for where, it's time for the location to be in the South of England for a change. ;)

South of England? when you F$%^%"Rs coming to Dublin!! so me and LifeWaster can attend :D

james_finn
23-10-08, 11:34
South of England should be London and then I can come! But can't make anytime between 18th of December and 6th of January as I'm in Norway (white Christmas ftw).

/Delphi

Brammers
23-10-08, 15:08
South of England? when you F$%^%"Rs coming to Dublin!! so me and LifeWaster can attend :D

When you F$%^%"Rs coming to England? :p

Joking asside, I do like the idea of a Irish NC meet. Next meet after this, I think should be in Ireland!

Trivaldi
23-10-08, 18:48
19th is not possible for me.

I have been waiting on discussion of the next (hopefully pre-Xmas) meet though.

Thread stuck for extra input.

Triv

Kanedax
23-10-08, 20:11
I propose this happens in Florida in da US.

[ edited ]

NAPPER
23-10-08, 21:16
ok maybe ????the first weekend in Dec???????

zii
23-10-08, 22:45
I propose Gibraltar :P

Necpock
24-10-08, 00:26
Thankyfully, I dont have a diary, (exept the fact im at work 5 days during the week) So anyday would be suitable for me. London is a shithole... Never heard/seen Colchester, Ipswich as being good boozeup, but how about Norwich? perhaps? (no idea on that either)

Anyway, I'll be atending aslong as there's salmanela infested KFC rip off's selling pizza :D

Dribble Joy
24-10-08, 01:50
Beer!

Generally speaking, I'm good for any/most dates.

NAPPER
24-10-08, 02:25
Shit i forgot im going to see Kings of Leon on the 5th what is the Friday but the 6th Saturday is all good for me would this be ok for anyone else ???

So we have

The South lol WHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Norwich
Sheffield <------look at my and Fangs Locs ;)

Nap

Kanedax
24-10-08, 02:40
I'll try and make it to the next summer piss up, and show you how real men drink :P

Lodar
24-10-08, 17:28
Nottingham is technically more south than north...isn't it? :p
I personally enjoy going out nearer xmas (my birthday, plus the christmas cheer, a la the first Notts meet). I however won't be able to commit to any date till much nearer the time due to this recession/credit crunch/depression/term-of-the-month.

Also London seems way too big to for a small scale meet up, one of the reasons we decided against Manchester I believe.

William Antrim
25-10-08, 17:59
Nottingham is not south! thank you.

If you have another one here ill come this time. I was meant to come last time but i didnt have any money because I was a mong and spent it all on a shirt and shoes to come out in coz i forgot mine. An oxymoron of the highest order.

StevenJ
25-10-08, 18:56
I doubt I'll be able to make December, running out of money faster than time at the mo :(

zii
25-10-08, 20:16
Nottingham is not south! thank you.

Agreed. Its north of Watford so its very northern.

Mr Kot
02-11-08, 14:01
Nobby's private bar / pool room tbh :)

nobby
02-11-08, 14:25
Could do...

but don't think parents would be happy...

Brammers
04-11-08, 17:14
My calendar for November and December is more or less filled up, so I'm afraid I'm out for this meet. :(

Whatever date/location gets decided have a good one. :cool:

NAPPER
04-11-08, 18:04
ok so its going to be hard to find a date in Dec so why not call it January

Chosen One
06-11-08, 22:56
Why does it have to be in the UK?

Half of NC is in Florida, have it here.

My 2 cents :angel:

Kanedax
07-11-08, 17:48
Why does it have to be in the UK?

Half of NC is in Florida, have it here.

My 2 cents :angel:

Quoted for truth.

CMaster
07-11-08, 18:25
Perhaps if the florida NC players want a meet up, they should organise one, rather than expecting UK players to do so?

flib
07-11-08, 18:57
Perhaps if the florida NC players want a meet up, they should organise one, rather than expecting UK players to do so?
Quoted for truth.

Kanedax
07-11-08, 19:38

QUOTED FOR LIES! :D Actually I've been thinking about doing that.

danmalone
07-11-08, 20:36
Wont be making this one, on the run up to xmas means that not alot of ppl are going to have alot of money and alot of ppl generally visit families and relations etc.

I would recommend more February as ppl will have been paid (Jan pay day) and more or less recovered from all the spending xmas and new year bring :p

As for locations, Notts was a good night last time i was there so wouldnt mind going back there ;)

William Antrim
13-11-08, 19:15
I finish work/graduate on Jan 16th so any time after that should be good for me. Trying to get leave at some point around then, and hopefully (provided i dont get sent to scotland!!!) i should be around for a beer if this does happen, plus my birthday is the month end too. SO yeah! sounds good to me!

Hoder
15-11-08, 19:56
Actually I've been thinking about doing that.Keep me in the loop; I've always wanted an excuse to hop across the pond again ;)

Trillian
25-11-08, 01:41
Speaking of Uk meets...

There's a good chance (about 75%) that I will be visiting England on spring break ( 3/15-3/21). Can you guys do one then too? I will around the Bristol area, and also possibly up around Manchester for a bit. I think drinking is fun, and I would like to meet some of you guys!

-zero-
21-12-08, 14:24
That is one name i haven't heard in a while (trillian) how r u doing =)

Dark Avengance (Woc 2 PPU)
Maverik (Woc 1 APU)
Moon Striker (Woc 1 Spy)

(Nc1)
-zero-tank
ZeroblazE apu

Tyranny
23-12-08, 23:01
Trust Napper to try sort a piss up... well i busy til new year and then i snowboarding for a week... so after that i always up for piss up... so i'll watch this space :)

Doc Holliday
05-02-09, 16:55
Trust Napper to try sort a piss up... well i busy til new year and then i snowboarding for a week... so after that i always up for piss up... so i'll watch this space :)

hahaa. if your goin mate im comin too. bring your cousin eh :)

NAPPER
05-02-09, 19:14

Why not if u to come i will try my best to get Roz to come as well :D

nobby
05-02-09, 19:15
I'll come along i suppose, 18 now, no excuses :p

Mr Kot
06-02-09, 23:26
...no excuses :pWell, maybe two: Car and Cash

Trillian
07-02-09, 23:31
Well, maybe two: Car and Cash

I thought everyone used public transportation in the UK? :angel:

nobby
08-02-09, 00:22
*tut* ( JUST GO OUT AND GET A JOB) hate it when people say stuff like that to me...

Look here trillian, I've lived here for over 6 years, had Very little social contact, lived in my bedroom and lost ALL social skills I once had.
[URL edited]

Oh and the only place to work (pub next door) burnt down :p

Fega
08-02-09, 00:31
I'm game boys, any time any place.

A few beers with mates is worth the drive.

Keep me updated. (That means you Nobby, you've got my number. Steven also)

NAPPER
08-02-09, 03:57
I'm game boys, any time any place.

A few beers with mates is worth the drive.

Keep me updated. (That means you Nobby, you've got my number. Steven also)

I play Warhammer with Vince and Evil Monkey and Fill so i will infrom them

Dribble Joy
08-02-09, 06:39
I thought everyone used public transportation in the UK? :angel:
Only if strictly necessary.

The Tube's good, but that only really applies if you live in The Big Smoke. Otherwise it's a pile of wank generally, or expensive.

I play Warhammer with Vince and Evil Monkey and Fill so i will infrom them
40k, WHFB or heaven forbid LotR?

Hoder
08-02-09, 12:45
Oh and the only place to work (pub next door) burnt down :pYou didn't leave the chip pan on, did you? :rolleyes:

And yes, I've got the itch to join in a night out at a random city somewhere. Looking forward to meeting players old and new!

NAPPER
08-02-09, 13:20
Only if strictly necessary.

The Tube's good, but that only really applies if you live in The Big Smoke. Otherwise it's a pile of wank generally, or expensive.

40k, WHFB or heaven forbid LotR?

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Trillian
09-02-09, 01:58
I'm going to the UK for spring break.

Next piss up needs to happen sometime between March 14th and March 21st.
I'll be down around Bristol from the 14th to the 18th and up in the north the 19th-21st. You guys choose the time and the place! ;)

Dribble Joy
09-02-09, 02:34
I shall aim to see you when you come to Mancland.

nobby
09-02-09, 02:36
Where's the meet being held?

Brammers
09-02-09, 14:40
It's not finalised yet, me and Trillian (And everyone else) are trying to get a plan together for her week's stay in the UK!

When it's finalised, I will let everyone know.

nobby
09-02-09, 15:38
cheers

Hoder
13-02-09, 18:35
I'm going to the UK for spring break.

up in the north the 19th-21st. You guys choose the time and the place! ;)If the 21st is an available date and you've not been to the North before, here's a suggestion:
Blackpool Pleasure Beach (http://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/shop/low_fare.php) have an deal on at the start of the season where they offer "all you can ride" wristbands for £15 on Saturdays and Sundays only in March. If enough people want to gather in Blackpool for a weekend - and any visitor from the US of A should see Blackpool at least once in their lives :p - perhaps an overnight stay on Friday could be organised. Friday night on the piss, then Saturday wearing off your hangovers (and blowing off the cobwebs) on the rides :)

Just a thought... other suggestions welcome.

NAPPER
13-02-09, 20:41
If the 21st is an available date and you've not been to the North before, here's a suggestion:
Blackpool Pleasure Beach (http://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/shop/low_fare.php) have an deal on at the start of the season where they offer "all you can ride" wristbands for £15 on Saturdays and Sundays only in March. If enough people want to gather in Blackpool for a weekend - and any visitor from the US of A should see Blackpool at least once in their lives :p - perhaps an overnight stay on Friday could be organised. Friday night on the piss, then Saturday wearing off your hangovers (and blowing off the cobwebs) on the rides :)

good idea

Doc Holliday
13-02-09, 21:24
you lads might want to put a disclaimer on blackpool explaining the rest of the UK is NOT LIKE it.

Trillian
13-02-09, 23:26
If the 21st is an available date and you've not been to the North before, here's a suggestion:

I vote for this idea! Hoder, you are no longer my 2nd favorite current/past KK employee. You just moved up to number 1!!

StevenJ
14-02-09, 00:55
Blackpool

£8.50 return and 1 hour from me :D

Tyler_Durdon
14-02-09, 01:12
maybe a crazy german will join as well :D

Brammers
14-02-09, 01:42
The plan for Trillian's visit to the UK is coming together...and even I've not been to Blackpool. :D

Edit: Tyler - Get over to the UK - you be welcomed here!

Trivaldi
14-02-09, 03:28
I'd like to defend my homeland by stating that Blackpool is not "up north", it may be north but it's not proper up north. Atleast i like to claim this as it's hardly the most fantastic place in the UK :p
you lads might want to put a disclaimer on blackpool explaining the rest of the UK is NOT LIKE it./signed.

However this piss up seems to be an interesting concept ;)

Triv

Dribble Joy
14-02-09, 06:09
Above Swindon is the north.

It would take be 4 hours to make it up the pool, a sizeable chunk of moolah. Mancland seems more viable a proposition. Though if anyone's driving past Loughborough (near Leicester/Nottingham), I'll plead for a lift.

Matanius
14-02-09, 17:46
I hate being right on the south coast and not being a driver. Even the closest of these piss-ups (Nottingham iirc) would've cost me £80 just for travel. A quick glance shows this'll cost me about £90, though a bit of proper research should bring that down.

Really wanna actually get to one of these though, especially since I'm loose of the ol' ball and chain now, lol. Shall see if I can gather the moolah to make this possible.

Dribble Joy
14-02-09, 18:40
Brammers is driving and he's (vaguely) near you, see if you can grab a lift.

Trillian
14-02-09, 23:48
Can one of you guys please bring your girlfriend, sister or some other sort of female companion? It would be really nice if I was not the only woman there. :D

nobby
15-02-09, 02:41
Cronnies...

Girlfriends...?

^^

Dribble Joy
15-02-09, 06:03
Once you see me one will realise why he doesn't have a girlfriend.

danmalone
16-02-09, 23:34

Havent posted on these forums in a while 8|

Anyhow... I think Mr StevenJ jinxed the blackpool idea

http://blackpoolcam.co.uk/2009/02/15/blackpool-major-fire-at-yates-15th-feb-09/

*cries* :(

Hoder
17-02-09, 18:25
That's a shame, but there are plenty of other watering holes.

So, are enough of you up for it to make any firm plans?

you lads might want to put a disclaimer on blackpool explaining the rest of the UK is NOT LIKE it.I know it's atypical, but to a foreign visitor, it's a bit like a visit to Vegas: different and entertaining. Some have even referred to Blackpool as the "Las Vegas of the North" : Same shit, more rain :p

Dribble Joy
17-02-09, 18:41
That reminds me....

Poker anyone? :D

Lodar
17-02-09, 19:15
I'm up for whatever as I usually tag along in the Hodermobile, circumstances permitting ;)

Poker sounds like fun too, although we were a bit too drunk last time I tried to get a game of poker going! :lol:

Trillian
17-02-09, 23:49
I know it's atypical, but to a foreign visitor, it's a bit like a visit to Vegas: different and entertaining. Some have even referred to Blackpool as the "Las Vegas of the North" : Same shit, more rain :p

I'm in!

Everyone always says "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas". Does that
mean that if we go to Blackpool I can do a whole bunch of things that I wouldn't normally do? 'Cause if so that's awesome.

Hoder
18-02-09, 00:07
Does that
mean that if we go to Blackpool I can do a whole bunch of things that I wouldn't normally do? 'Cause if so that's awesome.I can take you up the tower! Even Vegas doesn't have one of those ;)

The question has to be: given all the people who expressed an interest, do we make this a day trip or an overnighter? Either way, we should hit that website and start buying the wristbands soon. The logistics will need to be organised sooner rather than later too.

NAPPER
18-02-09, 00:14
be better for a over night wont ?

danmalone
18-02-09, 00:21
I can take you up the tower! Even Vegas doesn't have one of those ;)

The question has to be: given all the people who expressed an interest, do we make this a day trip or an overnighter? Either way, we should hit that website and start buying the wristbands soon. The logistics will need to be organised sooner rather than later too.

Depending on Work circumstances i should be able to make this.... could bring mystic along aswell if he aint working :)

Day or overnighter suits me depends what day/night's etc

Trillian
18-02-09, 00:28
I vote overnight. Although I must do what ever it is that my ride wants to do... so really it's up to him!

silent000
18-02-09, 01:16
I could make it to another one, this time I should definitely be driving so anyone close to me or im going through is welcome to have a lift, if I need to give more than one person a lift tell me because I will need to re-fit my back seats :)

I will bring my missus probably Trillian, cant seem to get rid of her these days, and yes she just punched me for that :(

StevenJ
18-02-09, 02:36
I'm up for overnight, yet I worry about logistics. Who would be able to arrive before midday to enjoy a fun day along the North-West's Premier Fish And Chippery?

Conversely, who would want to face the roller coasters the morning after if we did it the other way around (drinking then day out...)?

I'm easy either way, just think this particular aspect could possibly require thinking over, given the hangovers that have been present at our past pissups :D

(Personally speaking, I'll be in for the drinking, home via the train to my nice warm bed by 1pm :D)

I will bring my missus probably Trillian, cant seem to get rid of her these days, and yes she just punched me for thatNot half the beating you're due from me, Cracker :angel:

Dribble Joy
18-02-09, 03:51
How close is the Blackpool and Manchester visits? I'm hitching a ride with Bramms to the latter so we might be able to go to both but I dunno what he's doing.

Hoder
18-02-09, 19:20
Day or overnighter suits me depends what day/night's etc

I'm up for overnight, yet I worry about logistics. Who would be able to arrive before midday to enjoy a fun day along the North-West's Premier Fish And Chippery?

Conversely, who would want to face the roller coasters the morning after if we did it the other way around (drinking then day out...)?

I'm easy either way, just think this particular aspect could possibly require thinking over, given the hangovers that have been present at our past pissups :D

(Personally speaking, I'll be in for the drinking, home via the train to my nice warm bed by 1pm :D)
Both valid points, so let's look at the facts and what would be impossible:

Trillian's flight home is early Sunday morning so a Saturday night drinking stopover in Blackpool is out of the question.

The Pleasure Beach is closed during that week and only open Saturday and Sunday, so given the flight details above, that only leaves Saturday as cheap ride day.

Friday night as drinkie night / stopover night is possible. So are hangovers, but they are both self-inflicted and avoidable.

Not having an overnighter in Blackpool is possible, although that would open the logistical can of worms as StevenJ mentioned. We'd all have to arrive in dribs and drabs from all over the country and share lifts etc, possibly missing a good chunk of the day.

The most logical way for the most people to have fun all at the same time while wasting as little of drinking / ride / chippy / amusements time as possible would be to get to Blackpool whenever you can Friday afternoon / evening (allows for people to finish work Fridays too) and drink sensibly with the Saturday Big One (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1HHQfuVJNg) in mind.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

How close is the Blackpool and Manchester visits? I'm hitching a ride with Bramms to the latter so we might be able to go to both but I dunno what he's doing.Very close. Trillian doesn't arrive up north until Thursday which leaves one day and night before Blackpool.

Brammers
19-02-09, 01:11
My thoughts on the Blackpool bit, I want to come as well.

Also I'm (Trying!) to handle the Logistics down South for Trillian's visit.

At the moment, Trillian arrives here (In Chippenham) on Saturday 14th about Saturday Lunchtime. We are also in London on the 17th, so if anyone wants to join us looking at the sights of London, let me or Trillian know!

Dribble Joy
19-02-09, 01:59
Perhaps something like... You do your stuff in London (I might meet you if I have enough money), you get in car with Trill, come to Luph and pick me up. We go to Manc and drink. We go up the pool and drink?

Trillian
19-02-09, 23:46
We are going to be in London on the 17th and Paris on the 18th. We are going to head back to Bram's place after Paris and I am going to catch a train up to Manchester on the morning of the 19th.

Brammers
20-02-09, 00:45
Perhaps something like... You do your stuff in London (I might meet you if I have enough money), you get in car with Trill, come to Luph and pick me up. We go to Manc and drink. We go up the pool and drink?

Ok then, right the plan is coming together!

I'll be heading to Blackpool on 20th (Fri) - DJ I know I said I would swing your way, and I can still do that, Loughborough isn't too far off the track upto Blackpool.

Got space for 2 more so, PM me for a lift.

So next step - Which Travellodge we using in Blackpool, since there is 3 of them.

StevenJ
20-02-09, 01:08
I intend to come to the Blackpool meet, but cash is still short at the mo. Mr Fill Tron is demanding more info from me too - which is a good sign, he can't shame miss another... can he? :angel:

PS: Bram - Blackpool South is closest to the pleasure beach, but they're all really, really close. Choose any, you can't go wrong other than a 3 mile walk down the beach from North to South - but it's all good.

Trivaldi
20-02-09, 02:22
other than a 3 mile walk down the beach from North to South - but it's all good.
That could take days based on the states some of us have gotten into *ahemcoughwhat?yesshutupcoughahem*

Triv

danmalone
20-02-09, 02:46
That could take days based on the states some of us have gotten into *ahemcoughwhat?yesshutupcoughahem*

Triv

Framed and signed? ;)

Trillian
20-02-09, 03:00
I am also trying my hardest to get SiL to come to blackpool. So if anyone wants to help me convince him.. that would be nice!

Lodar
20-02-09, 11:15
Thinking about it I doubt I'll have the scratch to do a weekender in blackpool, given the current climate (TM). That being said I'm local to Manchester so I'd be happy to join in that phase of the event.

Trivaldi
21-02-09, 20:44
I've split off Hoders last post here into a new thread for ease of finding the actual arrangements and taking it from this point, so please walk this way (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=143443).

Triv