PDA

View Full Version : Returning Runner needs assistance

Omnituens
11-10-08, 03:02
OK, TOTALLY abusing the free play time.

I was planning on deleting my monk and leveling up a new one, however a few things are stopping me.

1) I need to get my stuff onto another character and transfer it back.
2) I need to FIND my apartment - My monk is crahn and had DoY apt in Outzone, but Navray doesnt seem to list it, so I cant find it on another character.
3) game crashes when I try and log my monk in.

I would have liked to keep this monk, but since my last retry at the game did go so well thanks to the numerous changes to the class, skills, implants and psi modules it is COMPLETELY broken, and I need to relearn the class/modues/imps all over again. Also need to chose APU or PPU, since from what I can find, hybrids are indeed dead.

So much has changed... I sorta crave NC1 again :/

NAPPER
11-10-08, 06:25
ur monk might be somewhere that is no longer in the game and this maybe the reason ur crashing on that guy if u can log ur other guys fine. all u have to do is tell a GM ur monks name and i think they will move him to his appy in OZ

Omnituens
11-10-08, 12:19
I logged my monk on to see where he is, and went outside my apartment and navray was saying I was in Outzone. returned to my apt and I can now no longer log in.

NAPPER
11-10-08, 18:15
can u log ur other Toons in without crashing ????

Omnituens
12-10-08, 22:48
yep no issues with either of my spies or tank, other than they have a poor setup thanks to the changes

Sharper Blade
13-10-08, 00:23
maybe find a friend you trust with your account to login and move your character to say, plaza 1?

flib
13-10-08, 04:15
I'll do it.
You can trust meeeee =D

Riddle
13-10-08, 15:47
Try the usual Mighty Max Solution.

Restart PC
Delete defs/Terra folder and models.tmp etc.

Contact Tech Support if it fails.

Omnituens
13-10-08, 17:26
no luck - its spread to the other characters now - full game reinstall does not fix it.

Sharper Blade
13-10-08, 23:09
Either pm a gm and tell him the names of your characters or find someone trustworthy to move them to plaza 1.

Riddle
14-10-08, 12:02
Either pm a gm and tell him the names of your characters or find someone trustworthy to move them to plaza 1.

Sharpe have you ever tested this? I understood it was a character issue not the PC he is logging on from. i.e. doesn't matter who tries to log on to account it still won't work.

Seems strange it started with one char and now affects all of them? doubt the zone has much to do with it.

Omnituens
15-10-08, 04:27
Support Ticket has been sent, waiting for reply. Im going to install the client on my laptop now, see if that sorts it

Will report back in a few minutes.

worked on lappy. I have managed to solve the PC issue too!

NC2 all of a sudden started to hate SLi. out of the blue. Set it to single GPU and no problems.

Omnituens
15-10-08, 05:36
Double post required, cant edit that message.

OK, my tank logged in fine... tried the monk and BOOM crashed again. tried my tank again and THATS STOPPED WORKING AGAIN.

This time I set the client.exe affinity to CPU0 only and my tank logs in again?!
Back to the monk... breaks again... and the tank too.

So yeah, something is seriously wrong there. Even tried creating a new character on a different server... no luck.

flib
15-10-08, 09:31
Did you try on another machine again? Is just logging in on another machine what solved it last time?

Nidhogg
15-10-08, 10:11
I'd recommend dropping a line to helpdesk@neocron.com. They will be able to check your character in the database to make sure it's ok.

N

Omnituens
15-10-08, 14:44
OK, laptop has no issues logging into the monk... I have NO idea whats going on here.

It crashes just before the Syncronizing screen appears, if that gives anyone any clues.

nabbl
15-10-08, 15:23
OK, laptop has no issues logging into the monk... I have NO idea whats going on here.

It crashes just before the Syncronizing screen appears, if that gives anyone any clues.

delete models.tmp

-> done

Omnituens
15-10-08, 17:49
already tired that, and a full reinstall.

Think im just going to kick it in the head, the game is just not what I remember. My characters are not able to use anything due to implant changes, skills are out of date, and most of my items are gone (inc my spy's 4 slot SH), and I can't play hybrid anymore.

Long live NC1.

flib
16-10-08, 04:54
Long live NC1.
It can't live for any longer if it's already dead.

Omnituens
22-10-08, 03:50
Well after a long think, I have solved the issue. Well, I haven't tested it fully, but I have managed to log on 3 out of 3 attempts, which is better than the previous record of 1/10 attempts.

a few observations thus far (returning player, temp new character, droner)

OK, created character, all good and well, genrep'ed to apt and began the Jones mission. At first I could not find my way until I saw the Starter Mission Locations section of the nav ray - I had it set to look for the area as my memory of NC's layout is a bit rusty. First part of the mission went well - but when I told the nav ray to send me to Machine Room from Plaza 4... it directed me into the wall in Cryton's tools. Set it to Pepper park 1... did the same thing... so I headed into P1 and it worked. Completed mission no problem.

OK lets do some fighting.... jumped in the sewer to teach some spiders a lesson and the starter drones did nothing. a faint recticle appears, but does no damage to anything. Don't think the nav ray can solve this one.

Riddle
22-10-08, 13:59
Hi http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/smile.gif

The Nav-Ray is known to be bugged in certain city areas which is unfortunate for a returning runner or new player, but this has not been resolved since NC1 iirc.

You may be aware of the WIKI (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Main_Page) which features a comprehensive guide to the Jones Missions (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Category:Mr.Jones_Missions) and may help you out in the future. I would suggest the Driver Mission (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Main_Page) just to get a Free quad, with the relatively low points required to drive it's a must for anyone really.

The Drones are also a known bug unfortunately, the initial drones do pitiful damage and you are best advised to level some more Dex via melee or other means before you reach the more powerful drones which imo are the fastest way to level.

Good luck and it's great to see you have stuck with it! If i could get in game i would certainly throw you some stuff to get you on your feet again. Maybe i'll try again this weekend http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/smile.gif

Good Hunting Runner

Omnituens
22-10-08, 20:17
Thanks for confirming those drones are bugged, I thought I was doing something wrong (long time since I've droned)

What I really wanted to do is delete and relevel my monk on Terra... but I cannot find a definitive list of implants, module reqs and patch notes to see if hybrids are still viable.

Just before I quit, the 25% cross nerf of APU/PPU was removed, but the reqs for the spells increased. Also, the old chips were still in use (DS gave both APU/PPU for example). My hybrid was using HEH and "Blessed" modules, and could go further up each tree if I used the appropriate power armour. Hell, I still remember one of the final days of NC1 where I was 6-second ressing people in APU armour, that confused the hell out of people.

As with the last time I came back (game was free for a while - last christmas time I think?) I had no idea what the skills were about, and the Citycom still refers to skills that no longer exist.

for example, MST used to just be a req, and didnt actually influnce how well you could use the spell, just if you could use it or not. I think this has been replaced with Focus, which DOES have an effect. Like I said, info is scarce.

From what I can tell with the implant changes and skills, KK killed hybrids off soon after I left, forcing monks to go A/PPU.

Another point I would like to bring up - alot of my items have gone from all my characters. My gogo's are intact, but my cabs are empty. My characters on Terra have no picture on the log in screen, and they are all psi monks (they are 1 monk 2 spies and Tank). I am assuming that at some point there was another database error (similar to the one that happened on saturn before the NC2 character Transfer). Anyone shed any light on that?