PDA

View Full Version : Clarification regarding the current payment provider issues

SnowCrash
09-10-08, 12:22
In course of the issues we are encountering due to the insolvency, we have explained that all Neocron 2 accounts have been enabled for free play. This explanation has obviously led to some confusion which we would like to clarify.

Currently it is not possible to renew or create accounts by using PayPal as payment provider. This is related to issues at Paypal that are beyond our sphere of influence. To compensate this, we have decided to put game points on all accounts to allow players, who are using PayPal, to continue playing until the issues have been fixed. All other accounts using PaybyCash and Click2Pay are being billed as normal with 5 Euro per month subscription fee.

Under the current circumstances we see no other option to address these issues as we do not want to lock out players using PayPal as payment method. In order to compensate our customers who are using different payment methods but still pay for some of their accounts, we have enabled the previous mentioned game points to reactivate all expired accounts. This means that you can access any of your additional accounts that are currently expired regardless what kind of payment method you use without getting charged until further notice. Accounts that are in the regular payment cycle are getting billed as usual.

As we have already explained, Reakktor will continue its business but there are still issues to address which make things a bit more complicating. We can only ask you for your understanding and would like to thank those who are standing loyally at our side during this difficult times.

flib
09-10-08, 17:45
Thank you for the clarification, Snowcrash!
Is there any idea of when Paypal will be working again, so that we can begin to support Reakktor financially again?

SnowCrash
09-10-08, 18:30
Thank you for the clarification, Snowcrash!
Is there any idea of when Paypal will be working again, so that we can begin to support Reakktor financially again?

Unfortunately we cannot give an estimate yet. You know this thingi that slows down everything unnecessarily? What was it called again..ahh right, bureaucracy. ;)

Doc Holliday
09-10-08, 19:07
red tape. typical. good luck with it all though.

Captainrynor2
09-10-08, 19:13
can you explain how the game points system works and how you get them/spend them or how you know you have them ect. :)

Jodo
09-10-08, 21:59
can you explain how the game points system works and how you get them/spend them or how you know you have them ect. :)

Try logging in, if you've got them, you can play unless you're already paying via a service other than PayPal.

gypsiMoth
09-10-08, 23:35
I'm just glad we are able to play, my accounts were paid for 6 months prior to the free game time, but I am glad to support finacially :angel:

JohnGalt
11-10-08, 00:11
I suggest you consider letting us who love the game buy into the company as silent partners. A few more investment $,$$$$$$.$$ shouldn’t hurt development progress and reorganization into a stronger self-sufficient entity.

Share nothing with anyone else! We will start our own "NeoPal Payment System" for online game accounts only. Then draw in additional resources from that secondary business into our company (profit from a large scale transaction base built on a modest fee schedule). An additional, almost passive self-infusion of investment bucks to develop and take over the world!.

Let me know when the meeting will be early enough so I can get my air-ticket and a new English to German dictionary (not that I will be any smarter with it ;)).

If I pull out a credit card with "The Flash" on it, will you all laugh at me like those Dutch Euros did in the American express commercial? Maybe I need to get me a new American Express Titanium card to be sure :).

I would be more than happy to develop the strategic opportunities waiting to be harnessed in the land of America.

Respectfully Yours, Lifer (No-Lifer/Get a Life to others)
JohnGalt

boreal
12-11-08, 23:22
got a question. since each time i hear new of NC gonna close or not, why not making us help you.

i mean we can pay. that for sure and can help you. but whiting us, they are some GREAT coder who just want to lend a hand out there.

i have already mention it. one of my best buddy have a nearly fonctionnal NC1 that we where (more that 6 month i haven't hear new of that) testing. why not making us help you.

i'm sure that im not the only personne that don't DONT want NC to close, too much a good MMORPG for my point of view

CHA0S
14-11-08, 08:57
good coming from someone who plays Lineage 2 alot hehe

Freki
14-11-08, 10:39
got a question. since each time i hear new of NC gonna close or not, why not making us help you.

i mean we can pay. that for sure and can help you. but whiting us, they are some GREAT coder who just want to lend a hand out there.

i have already mention it. one of my best buddy have a nearly fonctionnal NC1 that we where (more that 6 month i haven't hear new of that) testing. why not making us help you.

i'm sure that im not the only personne that don't DONT want NC to close, too much a good MMORPG for my point of view

your post clearly tells us why you arent trusty

tell everyone that you and your mate piss on KKs copyright in their own forum is more then stupid...

Sydalesis
16-12-08, 14:57
AFAIK there is no monthly fee for anyone, i made a new account recently and only paid the license, there is still much confusion, i would start advertising this a lot more if it was more clear that this game has no montly fee and just a one time license to pay when you buy the game.

flib
16-12-08, 15:51
It would also help to have a working way to make a new account.

Sydalesis
16-12-08, 16:52
paybycash methods seem to all work afaik, forget paypal.

flib
17-12-08, 01:45
Click2Pay won't let me sign up though. =/
Not sure how PayByCash works, I guess I'll give that a try.

JohnGalt
22-12-08, 00:26
Dear SnowCrash,

I have played a long time but, when the papal system went south and you activated all accounts for free; my three always paid 6-month in advance subscription accounts were not. I have waited for the sysyem to be fixed but, all my accounts were closed. I did send a service request NC-support 8 days ago and included all my info and proof of earlier payments.

I have wanted to play for months but I figured this would be fixed sooner, and it is Christmas time, I am going to miss all the 7year and older old timers’ logging in for a romp. Plus the NC system says all my accounts are trial-period accounts and wants an additional $25 U.S dollars. I have had these accounts for 3plus years. Please assist, I miss my stuff. I cannot belive I have not played for so long...(shaking with withdrawal).

Respectfully,
JG

JohnGalt
22-12-08, 02:20
Clarification on Click-2-Pay Accounts

Please note that I am a “Player” and “Not” a Official Neocron/10 Tacle Studios Representative.

I called Click-2-Pay and according to the customer service representative I spoke to: If you have had a “Previous” account with Click-2-Pay AND you are from the United States, you can reactivate that account by returning them an e-mail from the e-mail you “originally” registered with asking them to reinstate the account in order to make payments.

I am still unclear at this time if Neocron/10 Tacle Studios still allows payments for subscriptions using this service.

Currently, NO NEW Click-2-Pay ACCOUNTS FROM THE U.S.A. are being accepted/created due to security issues and or new international laws (as I was told by the Click-2Pay representative).

I have not checked with NC Support to see if I can “once again” make payments using my old Click-2-Pay account. I had been using/switched to PayPal when we were told that was available earlier last year but, we all know it is not working ATM (at least for me).

I have reinstated my old Click-2-Pay account and will attempt to see if that will get my 3 accounts active, allowing payments and play, play, play.

Ill let you know what happens.

Respectfully,
JohnGalt

JohnGalt
22-12-08, 02:37
If at any time KK/SnowCrash/John Doe decide to allow us players/some players to become part of the continuing investment and development of their company I WANT IN: Even if I can only afford a humble contribution. I would rather take my chances with what I have seen, played and participated in for the last 7 years then invest in the dishonest stock market. I cannot wait to see what is after BP and I have not even got to play it yet. The way I see it, there is a solid future in this game market and KK and his friends/staff are serious competitors.

Sincerely,
JohnGalt

gypsiMoth
22-12-08, 05:06
I believe that you may create a new account under pay by cash ( hadn't tried it but have heard that you can). I pay for NC with pay by cash and live in the US. Don't know if you want to pay for a new account or how bad you want to play, but that might be a way to go for you John :)

JohnGalt
22-12-08, 05:21
I plan on looking into Pay by Cash if this does not work. My comment was to clarify Flib's earlier comment. Thank-you for your sugestion cuz I always want to play :lol:

JG

LiL T
25-12-08, 17:00
All other accounts using PaybyCash and Click2Pay are being billed as normal with 5 Euro per month subscription fee.

In that case I can activate my accounts to support the game :) its been so long since I played I'm still on click2pay I think on both my accounts, 10 euros a month for 2 accounts is f*** all really.

Asurmen Spec Op
26-12-08, 00:00
In that case I can activate my accounts to support the game :) its been so long since I played I'm still on click2pay I think on both my accounts, 10 euros a month for 2 accounts is f*** all really.
I envy you, I am terrified of Click2pay, they charged me the Neocron1 to Neocron2 upgrade fee six months after I had upgraded them(and paid it), and it was for six fecking accounts.

JohnGalt
28-12-08, 02:41
My problem now is figuring how to get my accounts active with click-2-pay. The original reason I re-activated the account was because I read that other users were still using that service. I never had any issues with them, myself.
Unfortunately, I still have not heard back from NC support and all my accounts were closed and not activated when the Paypal service had issues. I have had 6month payment on all my accounts for years. In last 5 years I had only one 9month separation with my beloved NC and that was 3plus years ago.
Anyhow I will lit you know if I have success.
JG

JohnGalt
28-12-08, 03:54
Once again, I am a Player of NC and in no way an authorized spokesperson for Neocron offering info to fellow players.

Ok, I have got Click to Pay active again! For anyone who reads this, PLEASE see the above comment I made about Click2Pay. Since I had the old account with Click2Pay (In-active/Closed from playing NC forever) I was able, as an American based customer to reactivate it. Again, NO NEW U.S.A based accounts are being created by Click2Pay at this time (as it was told to me by Click2Pay when I spoke to them).

The process was as follows:

1. I called Click2Pay and they sent me an e-mail asking for my old info I had used to authenticate/create the account (What is your full name?, What is your secret answer (your secret question you used)?, What is your date of birth?).
2. I responded to them with the info from the e-mail address I originally registered with.
3. Click2Pay sent me a conformation e-mail that my old Click2Pay Account was re-activated (then I used the old e-mail address to reset the password; you will need that secret question again).
4. I then logged into my account and reset my credit card info and stuff.
5. I called Click2Pay and they made the account fully active after verifying my credit card info.

Whew! Now you are all set to e-mail NC Support and ask them to charge Click2Pay again.

So there you have it old Click2Pay, former USA customers.
I hope I have been helpful to you all.

Life is Good, Love the Game!

JohnGalt
28-12-08, 06:06
Well here is the follow-up on my Click2Pay adventure.

I was able to easily create a new NC account using my old re-activated Click2Pay account. Although, I will have to have NC Support configure my three old accounts that were closed after the PayPal issues to be charged to this account.

Again, I hope these posts offered some help to those past players that had at one time used Click2Pay.

Life is good, Love the Game!
Respectfully,
JG

Dracain
21-03-09, 23:21
I know this thread is old and all but I am just wondering if the paypal issue may be caused by the fact that neocrons security certificate is expired? when I tried to log onto my account it pointed that out but I just wanted to ask if this was the issue.

Biglines
21-03-09, 23:54
no, 10t is insolvent, paypal doesn't do business with insolvent companies, no paypal

Dracain
22-03-09, 15:17
Ohhhhh, I see

JohnGalt
23-03-09, 09:35
There are many horror stories with Paypal as there are with those that have used click2Pay and I do not trust any middleman service. My suggestion for any Gamer is this...

Get a credit card where it is limited to $100.00 to $500.00. One example is NetSpend. It really is not a credit card per say but works like one.

This is my reasoning. I use such a card for any purchase I want strict control over. I can fund a NetSpend Card for a small fee from different locations. One example location is Rent A Center.

Now I know this sounds funny but, I do this because if some subscription attempts to tell me I owe them and I do not, or if they continue a subscription AFTER I cancelled it; all I do is go to an ATM Yank the balance and log into NetSpend and cancel the card (the log in has all the options to order cards, transfer funds ect.)

Then I can simply pay 10bucks order a new card and then I refund the new card and reconfigure my subscription payment(s). For places I stay with a long time like NeoCron, I transfer them to a Real Credit Card with a $500.00 limit max and only use that card for those accounts. If something else turns up I have the fraud protection of the credit card company.

You may think this allot of trouble but unlike others who have their bank accounts hit and have to make 10 phone calls then wait weeks or more to get their money back (and most of the time you get Jack Shit back). With the Net Spend card the most I loose is a subscription fee and 10 bucks.

No connections to my bank account to have Pay Pal Over draw or take fees from, small balance to limit fraud, and the freedom to say "Kiss My Ass Looser" to the companies who tell me I have to fax in forms and pay fees I don't deserve to cancel an account and no reporting bull to my credit report.

I don't cheat anyone, I pay what I owe always but, I’m tired of getting screwed. All new subscriptions/purchases from places I do not know go on this set-up for at least one year. NC is the only one that made it past One year (working on 7…lol).

There are other options like above and can offer the same protection. The rules to remember are...

Don’t connect real credit cards and bank accounts to pay anything that you cannot trust, can't call and speak to, have complicated bullshit contracts or when you call give you the runaround on the phone and screw e-mail responses, no real customer services then don’t trust them with out a long trial period.

Use a card setup like above so you can drain it quickly and then they can try and hit that card all they want, they won't get jack and your real credit will be safe as well as your bank account.

I hope this offers some helpful advice.

BTW I been Playing NC for Yeeeears and NC support does take a while to get back to you. Usually within 1 to 3 emails over time they eventually get most of my issues fixed. Also as another mentioned above, I have also been charged more than once for the game on 3 accounts. It is some system issue I think. No I haven’t gotten that money back and no I’m not rich but, I just let it go cuz I love to play and consider it a write-off :)

Note: I do not promote NetSpend just use it to make a point, Thank-you.

Respectfully,
JohnGalt

Biglines
23-03-09, 21:58
too bad none of those things exist in europe (or at least not in the netherlands, but never saw them elsewhere in europe)

Mortum
26-03-09, 13:22
I'm using something similar, a bit better in fact. And I live in Europe.
I can log on to my bank and create a temporary e-card that's linked to my account and only a selected amount of cash can get taken from it and I decide how long it will be active and I can cancel the e-card whenever I want.

I've been paying online like that for years its really good and safe.

Biglines
26-03-09, 19:10
too bad not here :( unless it's international?

Mortum
26-03-09, 20:32
Nah, don't think so. But all of the big Swedish banks I know of have that feature.
So there should be banks outside of Sweden too that got that.

JohnGalt
30-03-09, 23:55
I see your problem about services that exist in the USA and not in Europe.

CitiBank has a (or had a) virtual credit card number issueing utility for card holders at one time. What happens is that you log into you Citi account and ask for it to generate a one time use card number that you assign a specfic amount to. Then You can use that number to pay for a purchase.

If such a tool still exists, then you could fund your payment source this way and feel compleatly safe.

On another thought you could create a local home town checking account, fund it with the amount you need by going to the bank and use that only for payment.

I just offer these suggestions to you in order to show you creative ways to be safe. If I have sounded like a know it all I apoligise :rolleyes:

Vampyre Mike
22-08-10, 19:35
Here's what I did, I made a trial account with pay by cash but realized I didn't have enough on my ultimate game card to pay for the month plus the licensing fee. I emailed account@neocron.com and they activated the account for me and told me it was free to play currently. Done and done, been playing a little under a week now. ;)