PDA

View Full Version : Help for n00b HCK

coffeelove
21-09-08, 17:26
I have found all the how-to's for the hacking mini-game, but cannot find any information on howto copy data from item inside net to.. anything. O_o Any suggestions?

(and yes i'm stuck on the 1st hacking mission from Mr. Jones)

flib
21-09-08, 18:23
it's broken, your next task is actually to acquire the assistance of a gm to help advance to the next part of the mission.

Hoder
21-09-08, 19:18
The mission is working as intended; I've just tested it.

I think what coffeelove wants to know is how to interact with things in hacknet. To interact with any item with a green target box, simply right click on it. If it's a container, it will open and you can drag anything it contains into your inventory or press the TAKE ALL button. Some entities will "speak" to you and a black dialogue box will appear. Targeting these can be a little tricky in hacknet. Use alt-E to switch to 3rd person view if that makes it any easier.

If you're stuck on a platform and are trying to figure out how to get up, then that takes a little trial and error so I won't spoil the surprise ;) If you fall off the ledge, you can always use /set reset_position 1 and wait two minutes.

For the Jones mission, the Databank you are sent to should give you a dialogue box when you right click, so simply follow the text.

On the second mission, don't be put off if one of the terminals gives no text. Just continue with the mission as instructed and all will be well. If you need a reminder as to your mission objective, hit F8 any time.

flib
21-09-08, 19:51
You guys fixed it!?
No way!

Hoder
21-09-08, 21:26
Way!.