PDA

View Full Version : KK making new content?

Sharper Blade
17-09-08, 22:33
a friend of mine was telling me that kk are making new guns, i asked where he got this info and he wouldnt tell me but here is what he did tell me

HEW Kuang Mark-7 v 3.1.1 TL 100

HEW Sledgehammer v 2.1.1 TL 95

HEW Flatliner v 1.1.1 TL 90

MC5 plasma rifle

laser mines

spy drone

movement mines

time mines

DoY Guard RayGun TL 200

NPC CopBot Plasma Rifle TL 128

Selfrecharching Energygun

bat plague

mysterious infection

are these real or is he just being a dick and lieing to me to get my hopes up?

Apocalypsox
17-09-08, 22:40
Sounds like accurate speculation to me imo. Not sure if its real or not, but im sure they are working on some new guns and things. They ARE working on a patch for us.

Sharper Blade
17-09-08, 23:18
there making a new patch? damn ok then maybe he wasnt lieing

flib
17-09-08, 23:49
MC5 plasma rifle
DoY Guard RayGun TL 200

These ones sound like things that I heard of a while back.

Nidhogg
18-09-08, 00:16
There's a new LAZER gun.

N

Hell-demon
18-09-08, 00:19
IMA FIRIN' MA LAZAR!

CMaster
18-09-08, 00:32
HEW Kuang Mark-7 v 3.1.1 TL 100

HEW Sledgehammer v 2.1.1 TL 95

HEW Flatliner v 1.1.1 TL 90

Thes first of these is ingame right now, although has been moved to TL96 as of 2.2. The others were ingame prior to 2.2 but then patched out. (Existing copies became weaker hacknet softs or milky rens

MC5 plasma rifle

Pretty sure it was a GM toy or something at some point.

laser mines

Pretty sure I've heard tales of them in some early beta. Wouldn't be a good idea.

DoY Guard RayGun TL 200

Again, pretty sure some people laid their hands on these in NC1 - noone was quite sure if they were allowed mind. Got removed in the transfer I believe.

As for the rest, pretty sure it's just made up, or stuff that got left in the defs but never worked properly.

As for a patch, this is all that has been said on that. No word how far the patch got, or if it is still being worked on.

Edit @ Nid: Oh god, the btardisation of NC continues. You can't even log in wihout people spouting memes nonsensically.

flib
18-09-08, 00:33
There's a new LAZER gun.

N
what the fuck
I'm pretty sure that that's P1 Crichton's. Does this mean that you're finally making P1 unsafe again, or is it only this new laser weapon? I'm going to guess the latter rather than the former.
Also, it looks like spies are getting special treatment YET AGAIN. Isn't it enough that they have the dissy and the AK? While monks and melee tanks re neglected, you're wasting time overpowering spys even more?

This bullshit is the reason that I stopped buying into KK's crap. I suggest that you all abandon ship too, before you regret throwing away any more of your money.

CMaster
18-09-08, 00:35
what the fuck
I'm pretty sure that that's P1 Crichton's. Does this mean that you're finally making P1 unsafe again, or is it only this new laser weapon? I'm going to guess the latter rather than the former.
Also, it looks like spies are getting special treatment YET AGAIN. Isn't it enough that they have the dissy and the AK? While monks and melee tanks re neglected, you're wasting time overpowering spys even more?

This bullshit is the reason that I stopped buying into KK's crap. I suggest that you all abandon ship too, before you regret throwing away any more of your money.

6/10

Stupid robot overlord.

Nidhogg
Edit @ Nid: Oh god, the btardisation of NC continues. You can't even log in wihout people spouting memes nonsensically.
Couldn't resist.

Does no one remember the bat plague?!

N

MrTrip
He went digging in files he shouldn't have been digging in Sharper. Thats where he found those items, they are all ready implimentedish, they are just commented out I believe. They will most likely never make it in game.

MrTrip
18-09-08, 00:37
what the fuck

Shame on you spending an hour in Garys mod when you could have used that hour this week leveling.

Nidhogg
18-09-08, 00:38
Lots of fun was had with the laser mines on test once upon a time. Might even be some screenies knocking about.

N

flib
18-09-08, 00:47
6/10

Stupid robot overlord.
too much?

Shame on you spending an hour in Garys mod when you could have used that hour this week leveling.
No I couldn't have.

MrTrip
18-09-08, 00:49
too much?

No I couldn't have.

Why not?

Lots of fun was had with the laser mines on test once upon a time. Might even be some screenies knocking about.

N

Demanding pictures!

flib
18-09-08, 00:51
My school's network won't let Neocron through.

MrTrip
18-09-08, 00:53
My school's network won't let Neocron through.

Oh, I'm sorry.

flib
18-09-08, 01:01
Not at all old chap.

Hell-demon
18-09-08, 01:46
Got any pics of mechs, Niddy?

They were tested at one point.

Sharper Blade
18-09-08, 02:04
can gms post screenshots of some of these things?

MrTrip
18-09-08, 02:09
can gms post screenshots of some of these things?

Sharper you got AIM?

Sharper Blade
18-09-08, 02:09
yes i do ill pm you my sn

Brammers
18-09-08, 02:13
This one got missed off the list...

http://www.techhaven.org/albums/misc/shot0001.jpg

Sharper Blade
18-09-08, 02:40
ive seen that i think, ive also seen baby copbot, that shit made me laugh

Saiyuki-
18-09-08, 05:14
shot freq 315/min :D

Sharper Blade
18-09-08, 06:33
gms post some screens =D

CHA0S
18-09-08, 08:38
gms post some screens =D

I would imagine they are all tucked up in bed in their "gym-jams" cuddled up to a fluffy teddy. At the time of these current posts hehe

:D

L0KI
18-09-08, 09:29
They ARE working on a patch for us.

Is this more speculation, or is there some truth in this statement?

It's been almost a year now since the last patch - and it would be excellent to see some changes. There's a good buzz around NC at the moment, especially in Neocron itself. It feels lived in again! A new patch would bring even more people back, and give everybody the urge to go out and test/explore the new features.

Now, whilst the game is temporarily free, would be a great time to release a patch. However small it may be.

Oh - and on the subject of that bat, I once duelled Lupus (A GM in NC1) in Neofrag, and he was using a bat that did ridiculous damage :D

Tyler_Durdon
18-09-08, 10:20
Kirk Lenke
CEO, Reakktor Media wrote:

... I would have liked to address you earlier, but the workload in the last weeks and months since my appointment have made this simply impossible. I did however read your comments and as a direct result, work on a new patch has been started and as you already know, the subscription fees have been lowered. I hope to be able to talk to you again soon, with more positive news. Until then I hope you enjoy your time in the game and with the community. ...
You can read his full post right here (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=2138543&postcount=113).

thats it

L0KI
18-09-08, 11:18
Lol!

How did I miss that?!?! o_O

james_finn
18-09-08, 11:52
Couldn't resist.

Does no one remember the bat plague?!

N

Oh yes, I remember pissing off the GM doing it by shouting anti-Reeza statements in Plaza one, and dying on my PPU from poison stacks. Was an awesome event - we need more of that IMHO.

/Delphi

Nytewolf2k7
18-09-08, 12:14
It'd be nice to see some of these older weapons and things in a museum of sorts or something, could be good for a laugh :D

Tyler_Durdon
18-09-08, 12:26
It'd be nice to see some of these older weapons and things in a museum of sorts or something, could be good for a laugh :D

spirit mod, anti-poison sanctum and gatlin tourret mk3 ? xD

Jaffo
18-09-08, 13:08

like they did in perfect dark on the n64? they had all the old golden eye guns on show behind bullet proof glass in the target practice room

Doc Holliday
18-09-08, 13:52
what the fuck

lol.

it looks like your school doesnt let sarcasm through either. it blocks it and makes the user think its real. interesting firewall that is ;)

L0KI
18-09-08, 14:51
Lol Doc...

I'm still trying to figure out whether Flib is INCREDIBLY sarcastic, or INCREDIBLY slow... :lol:

flib
18-09-08, 16:00
successful troll is successful.

MrTrip
18-09-08, 16:19
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/P3Shinobi/1192392913251.jpg

CMaster
18-09-08, 17:12
I'd have said it was more a case of
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/7/7b/Obvioustroll.jpg
, hence why I only gave it 6/10. Loki and Doc seem to have proved me wrong however.

Trivaldi
18-09-08, 17:48
Annoying Spam.

Is Annoying.

Please keep the spam posts away from this thread or it will be closed.

Triv

flib
18-09-08, 18:16
I'm sorry, it's my fault, it won't happen for the rest of this thread.
nidd started it

awkward silence
18-09-08, 18:20
Lol Doc...

I'm still trying to figure out whether Flib is INCREDIBLY sarcastic, or INCREDIBLY slow... :lol:

TBH i enjoyed flibs post enourmously. :D

specranator
18-09-08, 19:27
pretty sure alot of that stuff has already been in the game at some point, even if it was only a gm spawned item for a 1 time thing.

i remember all the mines, always thought they should of been brought back.

bat plague etc were events.

i think your friends just pulling your leg for the most part but you never know!

Hell-demon
18-09-08, 21:36
So I Herd U Liek Mudkipz!

L0KI
18-09-08, 23:27
So I Herd U Liek Mudkipz!

Does this constitute spam?

(ooooh errr.... does this?)

Apocalypsox
19-09-08, 00:01
Id rather see things like spirit mods back. (Or maybe just the ammo for my artifact spirit SH :lol: )

Kanedax
19-09-08, 06:36
I want spirit mod for my dev tbh o.O

Tyler_Durdon
19-09-08, 09:35
Id rather see things like spirit mods back. (Or maybe just the ammo for my artifact spirit SH :lol: )

what would happen, which shields woud be removed by a shot of spirit sh? i ve absolutely no idea Oo

L0KI
19-09-08, 09:45
/Random post - had to keep alt+tabbing back to it as I'm at work...

Bring back everything!

Forget balance, bring back Kami's, Spirit mods, Gatlin turret MK3s, yellow, smurf-blue and red tank PAs. Bring back Antibuff for APUs, and give some love to the melee class.

Bring back FUN!

All this work on balance has unbalanced the classes more than ever. I LIKED the fact that an APU + PPU team could take out 4 or 5 people if played correctly. That was balanced. An APU should outdamage every other class, especially if teamed with a PPU.

As it stands right now, I see spies all using the Disruptor - doing a SILLY amount of damage to all classes. I see tanks taking off half a spy's health in ONE SHOT of the Ravager.

I'm all for balance, but NC will never be 100% balanced. It only takes one or two weapons to unbalance the game, so why not take the focus off balance-perfection and instead, focus on fun + customisation options?

/Awaits flames. :o

Jaffo
19-09-08, 10:33

Bring back everything!

Forget balance, bring back Kami's, Spirit mods, Gatlin turret MK3s, yellow, smurf-blue and red tank PAs. Bring back Antibuff for APUs, and give some love to the melee class.

Bring back FUN!

All this work on balance has unbalanced the classes more than ever. I LIKED the fact that an APU + PPU team could take out 4 or 5 people if played correctly. That was balanced. An APU should outdamage every other class, especially if teamed with a PPU.

As it stands right now, I see spies all using the Disruptor - doing a SILLY amount of damage to all classes. I see tanks taking off half a spy's health in ONE SHOT of the Ravager.

I'm all for balance, but NC will never be 100% balanced. It only takes one or two weapons to unbalance the game, so why not take the focus off balance-perfection and instead, focus on fun + customisation options?

/signed ?

Tyler_Durdon
19-09-08, 10:43

Bring back everything!

Bring back FUN!

<3 ... my opinion!

Hell-demon
19-09-08, 12:37
LOKI is right!

L0KI
19-09-08, 12:49
LOKI is right!

Hurray! It was bound to happen sooner or later, after 5 years of posting!

Sharper Blade
19-09-08, 16:51
I agree but make sure before the things were put back into the game, make sure that they aren't bugged.

flib
19-09-08, 18:19
and remove the dissy since it's obviously not going to be fixed.

Hell-demon
19-09-08, 18:34
Remove all weapons.

[F6]Knight
19-09-08, 19:05
PUNCH-O-CRON !!!

nah ...

I do like a lot of the changes that happened over the past few years but the big problem always seems to be that some weapons become unbalanced/overpowered.

There is no need to go back to classic NC. They just need to fix some of the unbalanced weapons.

Biglines
19-09-08, 21:16
why a game based on different classes should be "balanced" is beyond me... imho a spy shud only be able to win to a tank as a sniper or a stealther, not in 1on1 combat to a tank... how warped is that... so instead of every single class doing the same damage, focus on weapons being only useful in certain situations... else why not remove all classes but one, all weapons but one, and woop eachothers ass with that one "balanced" weapon...

the fun aspect is being able to do what u like, if fun is stealthing and sneak killing some unsuspecting tank all lonely in the middle of the wastelands, or storming some stronghold with 20 tanks, unbalance allows that, balance just makes it boring

i suppose i also cud have said /signed, but felt like typing something other than my reports for uni...

Hell-demon
20-09-08, 01:42
The problem is because of lack of balance you can do what you like but be aware you wont be effective as everyone else. If everything was more balanced than your play style could be more effective. As it stands everyone is doing the same thing. Everyone is using the same weapon and same setup. Every cookie cutter. It's always been like this with people going "oh it's monkocron", "oh its tankocron or "oh it's flavour of the month - ocron".

WoC is the biggest imbalance because unless your a pe or spy there really is no weapon you can use. Tanks get a rocket launcher but thats bollocks compared to the rifles, pistols and other crap that seems to be centred round the dexterity users. So now you'll encounter x-bow private eyes and ak or beretta spies wearing buggy holovests.

Psi seem to be only good for healing and being everyone's bitch. Don't think of even contemplating melee on a tank because you will fail and become another devourer wielding or other overpowered heavy weapon tank. So your options really do get limited because of balance, or rather lack of. Everyone just uses rifles now and a get out of jail free stealth tool. Seems nc is getting bland and population is starting to drop again.

Sharper Blade
20-09-08, 03:55
Hell-demon is right, we need to make it so that you can do anything and still be viable, Re viablate.. Make the lower lvl rare weapons viable again, like libby and judge and pain easer and whatnot so that pes, spies, and tanks can have fun with the non woc pistols and rifles. My favorite thing in neocron was to have a gangster style libby running around in pp1 being JUST as good if not better than a cs tank if played correctly. We need more diversity and more options. Dissy spy and Freeman pe and cs/dev tank and then monks get the worst options of all. We need to add the kamis back and maybe tweak the drugs or the cap skill of some characters, Pe's should be able to use ravager again. The more options the better I'd say. We should NOT be limited to 3 options that are viable, mix it up.

Kanedax
20-09-08, 08:32
Sharper I pwn you, you tit. But other than that I agree pretty much. My problem with nc is that I get chars capped but then in order for them to be viable I feel I have to woc, especially pistol spies. My pistol spy is almost not playable without woc and this bothers me as I don't feel like spending the time to woc (droning is way too boring and I dont have the time to woc with pistols) I just wish the non woc pistols would be given a boost, maybe a non woc beretta type pistol is in order, ROLH is alright, killed a couple of guys this week with it, as well as slasher but theyre barely par weapons. WoC should not be such and advantage.

Hell-demon
20-09-08, 13:06
The aim of WoC was originally a status thing, extra content for bored cap people. Now it is an extra level of grind. WoC is a terrible blight on neocron.

The economy is fucked because of wisdom of ceres discs, which go up and down in price like a yoyo. Then there is the time and money and frustration needed to acquire the level. Then what?

You only really need 1 level of woc so there was no point implementing 5 levels to it. Even then if you have WoC psi or strength you have very little content to play with. But if you are a spy or pe you have oodles of rifles and guns. Some are actually teh same model with better stats. I can't help but think the woc content was based on what the art team came up with that week.

Then again KK do a lot of outsourcing so maybe it was another company who thought we all just used rifles to get by.

QeeQaek
21-09-08, 12:36
hmm.. sounds really good!!

Okran
22-09-08, 14:01
I disagree about the Tank heavy weapons! That Warhammer is a fantastic weapon and the Winding Arguement aint so bad either. Have you ever been hit by a Warhammer? In your face? With your pants down?

WoC shouldn't be a requirement to PvP.

flib
22-09-08, 16:35
It's a lot easier to hurt yourself with the warhammer than other people.

zii
24-09-08, 22:08
It's a lot easier to hurt yourself with the warhammer than other people.
Hear hear. Anyway, H-C tanks don't have to have WOC other than to wear a fancy pants suit.

flib
25-09-08, 00:16
Also, I can't really say that I've seen it do very good damage either. :( (on people other than the user I mean)

Sharper Blade
25-09-08, 01:47
it's decent if you fire about 12 shots into an unbuffed afk apu, thats pretty much the only thing you can kill other than yourself

-FN-
25-09-08, 02:03
Picked a few old screenies... I have no clue if I have anything dating back to 2002/2003 anymore.

QeeQaek
25-09-08, 12:57
sry, how about a new pa's ? maybe new holos for spy or pe ? mr. Jones Holovest for examp.. or something like this.. i mean something what can change your аppearance. :))

vices
25-09-08, 13:50
A holovest to change your appearance to the old NC1 model

L0KI
25-09-08, 15:03
I'd donate one of my testicles to see a patch in October.

My Ultimate Patch:

'Customisation > Specialisation'

- MOVEON gets + 5 STR bonus and is made PE only, thus giving M-C/H-C PE more options
- All Melee damage increased by 15-20%
- APU frequency upped by 10%
- Low level drones fixed
- Mob damage reduced by 20% in all areas EXCEPT Regeants Legacy
- Old or NEW skins are implemented, and selectable
- Colour customisation of clothing re-implemented
- Pulse laser Rifle damage reduced by 10%
- WoC REMOVED from the game, all former WoC weapons and armour no longer require WoC level 1. All WoC weapons available from rare pool.
- A variety of new RARE implants (IE - drop in 6 parts again) added.
- We care less about balance, and more about fun
- OP rules changed. Hacknet no longer required, but 5 minute 'cool downs' added between hacks
- H-C Pulselaser cannon introduced
- Red laserblade range introduced - one for PE, one for tank (Rare, with swirly)

= me happy.

landofcake
25-09-08, 16:45
I'd donate one of my testicles to see a patch in October.

My Ultimate Patch:

'Customisation > Specialisation'

- MOVEON gets + 5 STR bonus and is made PE only, thus giving M-C/H-C PE more options
- All Melee damage increased by 15-20%
- APU frequency upped by 10%
- Low level drones fixed
- Mob damage reduced by 20% in all areas EXCEPT Regeants Legacy
- Old or NEW skins are implemented, and selectable
- Colour customisation of clothing re-implemented
- Pulse laser Rifle damage reduced by 10%
- WoC REMOVED from the game, all former WoC weapons and armour no longer require WoC level 1. All WoC weapons available from rare pool.
- A variety of new RARE implants (IE - drop in 6 parts again) added.
- We care less about balance, and more about fun
- OP rules changed. Hacknet no longer required, but 5 minute 'cool downs' added between hacks
- H-C Pulselaser cannon introduced
- Red laserblade range introduced - one for PE, one for tank (Rare, with swirly)

= me happy.

Sounds good but dunno about making Move On PE only ... be much nicer to see it as the all-round utility chip it was before.

Fix the Marine too :wtf:

L0KI
25-09-08, 16:48
Sounds good but dunno about making Move On PE only ... be much nicer to see it as the all-round utility chip it was before.

Fix the Marine too :wtf:

Just scared of uber tank setups :D

Yeah, thinking about it, I changed my mind - just set it exactly what it was before. It was useful for all classes, but certainly didn't make any class over-powered.

Brammers
25-09-08, 17:49
I don't agree with this one.

Mob damage reduced by 20% in all areas EXCEPT Regeants Legacy

I say the damage is about right, maybe a few minor tweaks for some mobs.

As for Regents, I say increase the damage by well over a good 20%. That place is too stupidly easy to solo for high level mobs, especially when you compare it against places like Chaos caves which have lower rank mobs.

flib
25-09-08, 18:14
The plasma wave is pretty much the same as pulselaser.

CMaster
25-09-08, 18:55
The plasma wave is pretty much the same as pulselaser.
Wuh?

Big green beam-based weapon = red pulse blob firer how? Although it is a valid point that nobody else has plasma waves. I still think a big fuckoff pulselaser cannon wih some nasty reqs on it (like 120 Str and lots of TC, but good damage to make it worth the defensive loss) would be cool.

flib
25-09-08, 19:41
Nevermind, I was thinking something else, sorry.