PDA

View Full Version : MMORPG - time changes all

Zefrian
17-09-08, 19:10
Hi,

i got a poem from an acquaintance, which i think describes current situations in MMORPGs that good, that i asked for permission to quote it here:

MMORPG - Time changes all!

Do you remeber the time, when everything was fine?
When you had leisure time, fun was just the aim.
No hushing, no rushing, some quests only
and it don't matter when you did it lonely.
Relaxing, some talkings, funny world walkings,
meeting of friends, discovering the lands,
maybe some roleplaying seasons, this was the playing reasons.

But now time changes hard, to play a game you must be smart,
to be the best "one", this is the only reason!
Hunting, slaying, crushing down, best on the own home town.
For rewards and looting, the only things players looking,
for the only lonely, best and fabeled item - kill everything, for cocking they need them.
No relaxing, no talking or roleplaying anymore, only discussion of "how to kill" and "what is it for".
Money earning is on the highest rank, maybe you can do this with a Tank?
Fun switched to stress, the hope: next raid won't be a mess,
strategy screemed over teamspeak, praying for no planing leak,
try to prevent the team wipe out, but if then point on members loud.
Now on the game - all this must be done - but is this still fun?

And if you don't like to play in this way, because you have no reasons to do so - why?
you still want to relax and have fun, no stress and no silly run,
you will get a kick in you back, because of money and item lack.

With roleplay and fun the game rise, now it is the raiders paradise!
No fun, no relaxing, no leisures anymore, for money earning now it stands it for!

Indeed, i'm playing another MMORPG, and am in a clan, which now seeks for people similar to that: "perfektly equipped at least with xxx-level-set, perfekt usage skills of own class, 3 evenings/week time for raid ................. all other forget it!" - Today i wouldn't get invited in my clan again, because i do not fit that requirement.

Where are we going? In most MMORPGs you can watch this developement. People just logging in to get relaxed and hunting mobs only for some fun are getting rare; and people are looking strange at them.

Why are we plaing a MMORPG? Isn't it more effective to replace mobs with colored bricks and all players with stick-figures? Because only skill points and power is important?

What are you thinking?

Greetings

Z.

Hell-demon
17-09-08, 19:22
This MMORPG is free atm so it's not all bad.

Also this is no ordinary game.

Zefrian
17-09-08, 19:25
well, it is not limited to Neocron - it's a general developement ... also visible in WoW or EQ2 for example ...

Biglines
17-09-08, 23:26
tbh, keep ur clan searching to fun clans, they're still around in most games, just the fact that they are usually friends means they don't usually advertise