PDA

View Full Version : How's NC doing these days?

Liebestoter
09-09-08, 23:04
I haven't played in like.. two years. Any old timers wanna tell me how the server population/content/in-game politics are? What's changed since.. 2 years ago?

flib
09-09-08, 23:14
What has changed in Neocron. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=142892)

The population is pretty good at the moment because it's free because of payment problems.

awkward silence
09-09-08, 23:16
Bad.

The games dead.

That answer your question?

Now go play... Its free!

After it is over please pay for it.

Liebestoter
09-09-08, 23:19
Hmm.. Thank you for the quick response. I doubt anyone remembers me or Wayward but. I dunno if my accounts haven't been completely stripped due to incompetent friends/bugs/"features" we might come back.

Nidhogg
10-09-08, 00:02
Bad.

The games dead.

The only thing likely to die around here is your forum account if you keep that up. The game's currently free for all non-banned accounts while we extricate ourselves from 10tacle's finances, and Reakktor, Neocron and Black Prophecy are not going anywhere, anytime soon. Do you think it would take publisher insolvency to put down teh mighty 'cron? :p

N

Liebestoter
10-09-08, 00:47
So how long is the whole free NC thing going on? I am currently browsing the forums from a dilapidated building somewhere in Al-Anbar, Iraq. I'm gunna be here for awhile. So yeah.. I like the faction changes back to NC1, the in-city fighting and politicking and bickering was part of the draw for me.

.hack//sign
10-09-08, 00:54
Well, I'm back, so that means good things are on the way :angel:

Tratos
10-09-08, 01:30
So how long is the whole free NC thing going on?
My guess is the best way to answer that question is "for now" as depending on when things are sorted at KKs end they might just switch payment back on!

However! The monthly fee is now only €5!

I know i'll be paying again when it's required as i've been having quite a bit of fun when i've popped in here and there :)

NAPPER
10-09-08, 02:02
Dude come back the op war scene is quite good they are a few clans that op war on Terra like AfterDark/Smoke/12 Monkeys/R2K/TFC and a few more now and again but it is worth coming back to if u have been away awhile

Liebestoter
10-09-08, 02:29
Yeah I am definately gunna come back and see what's crackin even though I am sure I will be gimp as fuck w/o WoC. I never did the op war thing much more into the random ganking and amassing of personal wealth.. ah well.. just a few more months in the desert.

CrushOr
10-09-08, 03:04
WoC is only necessary for pistol characters, Rifle and Heavy Combat rares are better or at least equal than their WoC counter parts.

I have WoC on both my spies but I rarely use any WoC gear on them. I think spies got really shafted with the PA, I think Regants or holovest is way better.

Silent hunter is better than ronin

Disruptor and AK47 are similar enough in DPS that you see them both used by almost every rifle spy.

Random ganking I dont really see much of it going on anymore, most of the non opfight pvp is in p2 and really lame with people dual logging ppus and then having another ppu out with them and such.

The opwars are fun for the most part, there is the potential for lots of variety in regards to which clans fight who.

awkward silence
10-09-08, 05:50
The only thing likely to die around here is your forum account if you keep that up. The game's currently free for all non-banned accounts while we extricate ourselves from 10tacle's finances, and Reakktor, Neocron and Black Prophecy are not going anywhere, anytime soon. Do you think it would take publisher insolvency to put down teh mighty 'cron? :p

N

twas a zhoke dummy :p

flib
10-09-08, 07:20
twas a zhoke dummy :p
I bet calling him a dummy is a good idea! =D

Heavyporker
11-09-08, 01:08
I would come back if this laptop was capable of running NC without locking up. I don't know if I can make or buy a new computer before NC becomes pay-only again. :( :( :(

I am very, very sad.

Xallow
14-09-08, 16:41
Hi all

I haven't played this in a looong time ... since before NC2 was released ... I played the NC beta and bought the game when it came out, played for maybe a year, stopped for several years, came back for a very short time, stopped (personal reasons) and am now seriously considering a comeback ... I understand that it is well worth giving Neocron another shot (not only because it is currently free) A lot of great stuff has been added to the game as far as I can see?

Is all this correct or am I way off and better off looking else where for my fix?

Necpock
14-09-08, 18:09
yeah it's all correct and current. So login ;)

flib
14-09-08, 18:23
A lot of people don't like the direction Neocron has gone, but you need to try the game for yourself if you want to know if it's any good. Just make sure to keep your mind open; Neocron is not the same game it was when you last played, so don't expect the things you liked to be the same anymore.

IceStorm
14-09-08, 18:25
Pops are hovering around 30-50 (3-5%) on Terra in the off-peak hours. They supposedly hit 170 or so (17%) during peak, but I don't play during peak. This is in contrast to Mars where the pop drops to 0% for long stretches, then rockets into the double-digits during the European "day".

I've seen a bit of squawking for tradeskills, but people seem to log their alts after a short period of asking. Very little rarepart trading on the Trade-NC channel, especially with non-MC5 CPUs now unobtainable from HackNet. Not sure what's going on with that. It might be more vocal during the day, I suppose.

If you're asking how things are, you aren't cured of the NC bug. Log in and play.

Xallow
14-09-08, 23:59
Thanks for the feedback, I logged in and played for a while, and nope, I am not cured of the NC bug... However I am very sad to see that the servers are practically empty :( I am amazed that more people don't play this great game .. it is really the only Cyber Punk mmorpg out there (that I know of anyways)

flib
15-09-08, 00:37
The servers are not empty! O_o

‡ Stormlord ‡
15-09-08, 03:59
I think more people are coming and coming. Best server population I ve seen was at 17% on terra server just last friday in US peak play time.

Hooray!

L0KI
15-09-08, 08:09
Aye - it's looking good.

-OP fights with teams of 10-20 on each side
-Some pretty solid, large clans
-PvP can be found outside of Plaza 2 (Just need to go looking for it)

It almost feels like a city again :)

Xallow
15-09-08, 12:04
If population comes back up that will be really sweet, and it just might since the game is so cheap to play now (not free) but 5€/month is pretty damned cheap for a mmorpg as neat as Neocron.

Liebestoter
30-03-09, 04:44
Same question, years later.

I have a month of leave to kill. How's the population? :(

vices
30-03-09, 07:25
It's busier now than it has been for a while

Come play!

Liebestoter
30-03-09, 07:32
d/ling..

Hopefully a CS and camo PA still cut it in pvp.

L0KI
30-03-09, 09:11
The CS is ace.

Lose the camo PA. ;)

PS - Welcome back!

Kanedax
30-03-09, 17:59

N

Niddy on the subject of freeing yourselves of 10tacle's finances, I was wondering, are there any plans of reestablishing PayPal as a payment provider?

Kanedax
30-03-09, 18:01
yeah it's all correct and current. So login ;)

When you comin back bitch?

Matanius
31-03-09, 03:02
I may have to pop back in and have a look sometime soon, getting that itch...

Kanedax
31-03-09, 04:57
I may have to pop back in and have a look sometime soon, getting that itch...

Haha do it Matan, you know you want to.

Matanius
31-03-09, 13:13
Oh shit! You're still playing? There's no way I'm coming back then ;)

Chosen One
31-03-09, 14:34
Oh shit! You're still playing? There's no way I'm coming back then ;)

and Kane gets face-palmed :lol: