PDA

View Full Version : 「OT] JDrama

nobby
05-09-08, 03:59
has anyone here ever watched Japanese Drama?

I have to say I'm bloody addicted to the stuff !
Gripping storylines... I love it 10 times more than Anime

anyone else watch the stuff?
if so... what?

I've seen Last friends (which is about a wife beater)
The queen's classroom (about some devilish teacher, with brilliant teaching philosophies)

Some detective crime fighting duo (which i forget the name of)
and many others

flib
05-09-08, 04:41
I only read the title, and I'm just going to say that I hate drama.

Edit: oh wait, you said JDrama, nevermind. What's the difference between JDrama and Anime?

Dribble Joy
05-09-08, 05:05
JDrama = Japanese drama. Same as the drama you get here. Anime = anime.

I have watched a few JDramas and I can't say I have been impressed, the acting quality is naff at best in many cases.

flib
05-09-08, 05:28

I have watched a few JDramas and I can't say I have been impressed, the acting quality is naff at best in many cases.
I see. =/
I assumed that there was more to it than that, my fault.

nobby
05-09-08, 14:00

Well yes...

Japanese acting in both films and on TV has mostly been shit tbh (especially the countless dramas on TV while i was out there)

but still I've found good ones in the past, and wondered if you knew of any more worth seeing?

L0KI
05-09-08, 14:05
I can't believe you enjoy it, at all.

I'm quite a big fan of Anime (My girlfriend roped me into Chobits, Bleach and Fruits Basket)... and I love Japanese culture in general.

I listen to some Japanese metal music, drive a Japanese car, and my girlfriend speaks Japanese.

However, I will not endure the shite that is Japanese Drama. It's just as bad as UK based drama, if not worse. :p

st0rmkr0w
05-09-08, 17:40
Check out the Gokusen and GTO live action series. Both are awesome shows that I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Anything with Yukie Nakama is pretty enjoyable. Mainly because she's easy to look at. :)

‡ Stormlord ‡
07-09-08, 10:52
hey nobby, got any links of websites showing trailers about it?

I got excited!