Neallys
30-08-08, 00:00
Launcher seems to be down again today

Snedex
30-08-08, 00:01
yep, cant login again :|

Orane Gutan
30-08-08, 00:14
WTF I just went to re log and its dead once again .
8|

Genji
30-08-08, 00:24
Again!

L0KI
30-08-08, 00:27
Wow - Doesn't the data centre have a 99% Uptime guarantee?

They really should you know...

Bullt
30-08-08, 00:30
Client and Launcher down, dont log out if you are ingame.
And get the hamster some food for once in a while damit! ;)

Seraphin[69]
30-08-08, 00:33
Hopefully all neocron's accounts are free ATM because it would be hard to fit the ToS

The Neocron 2 service will be available about 95% of the time during a calendar quarter. Additional maintencance downtimes will amount to a maximum of 4 days per year.

^^

Hire a REAL technician and do regular database backups please !

Orane Gutan
30-08-08, 00:36
It would be nice to have a mod gm e.c.t say anything on this .

smetlar
30-08-08, 00:41
just talked to a GM, but the GM can't do anything, since they are voluntears... and he have sent a message to KK about the problem, so they are trying to figgure out what's wrong...

guess they saw this comming, and put the game to free...probably don't have people working nights anymore..since the launcher is down from around 23:30 to 14-15:00 next day

Tantta
30-08-08, 00:50
just talked to a GM, but the GM can't do anything, since they are voluntears... and he have sent a message to KK about the problem, so they are trying to figgure out what's wrong...

guess they saw this comming, and put the game to free...probably don't have people working nights anymore..since the launcher is down from around 23:30 to 14-15:00 next day

Would be pretty cruel to do without letting the community know.

zombie23
30-08-08, 00:55
though they fixed it pretty quickly last time...

Hell-demon
30-08-08, 00:55
Why the fuck does this keep happening?

Sharper Blade
30-08-08, 01:04
if its going to go down every day then just sell the damn game

Okran
30-08-08, 01:10
Aye wtf is up with the launcher? I thought this was sorted out when they moved datacentres.

Trivaldi
30-08-08, 01:10
The Neocron Service and operations surrounding it are unaffected by recent happenings at 10T, as stated here (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=2138543&postcount=113) by Reakktor's CEO, Kirk Lenke.

A member of Reakktor staff has been informed about the current issue with the Login Server/Launcher which will be remedied as soon as possible. We ask for your patience in this matter and apologise for the inconvenience, if any readers are still in game it is advised not to logout/change character as the game world servers are still running.

Triv

Hell-demon
30-08-08, 01:11
I'll give £10 and a hand job.

Sharper Blade
30-08-08, 01:12
They dont accept bribes I already tried to bribe Hoder =D

zombie23
30-08-08, 01:15
[ edited ]

Sharper Blade
30-08-08, 01:29
how long until we can login?

Lambchops
30-08-08, 01:31
Unfortunately, I am one of the people who ARE paying for the game right now. When the cancellation notice came up, I went to paypal and realized I hadn't updated my credit card expiration date. Resubbed and noticed the next day that it wasn't just me.

So, as a paying subscriber, I'd like to know what's going on. No hot tempers here since I have quite a few other things I can be doing, but it gets annoying when nobody gives a reason.

Thanks.

Trivaldi
30-08-08, 01:49
how long until we can login?
Unfortunatley no ETA is available at this time, once we have information to give, you guys will be the first to get it.

As previously stated the Game World Servers are still operational and players who are currently logged in and continue to be logged in are unaffected, the issue is with the launcher and login server which unfortunatley prevents players from logging into the game world.

Triv

Neallys
30-08-08, 01:53
That will probably won't be done tonight, more likely tomorrow morning/after 12am.

Orane Gutan
30-08-08, 02:22
Any news ?
:wtf:

Trivaldi
30-08-08, 02:25
Any news ?
:wtf:

Unfortunatley no ETA is available at this time, once we have information to give, you guys will be the first to get it.
Once there's news, you'll know there's news, please be patient.

Triv

Selendor
30-08-08, 02:51
We, the lucky few remaining in Neocron, celebrate our stable clients by enticing the Gms out of hiding in Plaza 1:

http://www.selendor.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gms_plaza1.jpg

Whats this??? Evil Ceres Troopers decide to attack Plaza 2 when all its citizens are away? Our slender numbers unite to defeat this sneaky foe! My tradeskiller will ress them to death!

http://www.selendor.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/spawn_plaza2.jpg

http://www.selendor.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/spawn_plaza2_b.jpg

Thanks to GMs for keeping us entertained while we wait for everyone else to come back. Final count as I log off is 7 runners still online in Terra ;)

Genji
30-08-08, 03:31
aww I was afk and missed the mobs spawns! I'm still there, but scared if I move I'll FRE!

Lambchops
30-08-08, 04:04
Please mods, PLEASE help me...change that big spelling error "ARE" to "IS". Oh man, it looks SOOO horrible!!!! And then delete this and any reference to this post. :) Somehow I can't edit my posts except ones I just made.

Genji
30-08-08, 04:52
I was bored so I started running around p1 and jumping on walls and I zoned by mistake! So of course I didn't make it to the next zone, and now I'm sad...and bored.

Genji
30-08-08, 05:55
sigh, so it looks like I'm going to sleep after half a day oF dead servers again.

burning01
30-08-08, 06:15
sigh, so it looks like I'm going to sleep after half a day on dead servers again.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Orane Gutan
30-08-08, 06:29
Sad looks like there not going to be up tonight just like last night .

stelco
30-08-08, 06:38
WTB Neocron . How much for Neocron ?

:D :lol:

Joker69
30-08-08, 06:41
Feed The Addiction! Muahahahaa.

Seriously though... any information on why the authenication servers went offline?

IceStorm
30-08-08, 06:57
Aw, crap.

Come on, guys. Can't someone kick the guinea pig remotely?

Sharper Blade
30-08-08, 07:08
sell the game

Joker69
30-08-08, 07:32
They don't have to sell it. If they sell it, then it would be up to the other company to keep it up or destroy it. At least now, the game still operates somewhat. I never want Neocron to die personally. It's the only MMOFPS out there with so much in depth tuning. If they were to sell anything, it would be the patent or copyright so another company could remake and add onto the game, redo graphics engine, etc. Bottom line, Reakktor needs to team up with another provider/graphical team with the intentions to revamping Neocron 2.2 and creating a new graphical Neocron 3 with the same game concepts but with world events, such as World of Warcraft. But again that would give the power to the players to create a character as they see fit and not as vague as in WoW. I have a personal interest in this field, what games need to be on the market. What I have seen and heard, there is not a game on the market that incorporates these two drastic concepts as Neocron has in the past, minus fun world events and a continuing quest line.

Seraphin[69]
30-08-08, 08:19
They don't have to sell it they have to fix it once and for good !

Joker69
30-08-08, 09:32
Nothing Yet? I want to get on and make some money. 200k an el farid run :) Plus I need to lvl con. Can we get an announcement, it's been over 5 hours.

Kanedax
30-08-08, 09:33
Dude wtf kk 3rd time in 2 days? Is your server hoster honesltly that bad? FUCK. I NEED MY NC.

Jaffo
30-08-08, 09:39
servers down :(((

cant connect

Forked
30-08-08, 09:49
The queue starts here.. Shut up, line up, play solitaire.. but stop whining. It won't speed things up.

IceStorm
30-08-08, 09:56
Nothing Yet? I want to get on and make some money. 200k an el farid run :) Plus I need to lvl con. Can we get an announcement, it's been over 5 hours.Screw money, I need 85 million XP.
The queue starts here.. Shut up, line up, play solitaire.. but stop whining. It won't speed things up.I'm playing Halo 2 on PC. Need some Achievement goodness.

Seraphin[69]
30-08-08, 10:26
An announcement on the real cause of the downtime would be interesting yeah...

Kanedax
30-08-08, 10:56
This is just frustrating. My family is a business owning family and I know for a fact that if one of the businesses were unable to provide their services to the customer/client they would be notified as to what the problem was immediately. This is thoroughly unacceptable either on the server host side or kk's side because as far as we know KK hasn't been informed as to what the problem with the server is. But keeping with my original statement, how can KK expect to remain a legitimate corporation when they don't keep their customers up to date with service issues?

Moustik
30-08-08, 11:06
Its really annoying, 3rd time in 3 days, i know that we are not paying atm but i really would like to play NC. Also i live in Japan here its already 6pm, so i really hope i can play tonight, i play with my brother that lives in Belgium and its very nice to meet/play trough NC. Also usually we can only meet in the weekend as we are both working ...

So i really hope i can play tonight :(

Forked
30-08-08, 11:06
Well, it's bloody well hard to keep people informed when those able to restart/fix whatever problem there is maybe didn't get up yet. You can't go to the shop at 3 am to buy syrap for your morning pancakes now can you if the store isn't open. Mods said be patient.. Now be patient.. *continues to play solitaire*

Kanedax
30-08-08, 11:10
Most data centers (atleast in the US) have someone on site 24 hours a day to monitor these things incase of this type of scenario. If this type of thing were to happen and they were diligent enough to catch it the person who is supposed to be informed would be regardless of the time. That is just how good efficient businesses are run. But who knows maybe I'm just an idiot for thinking companies (especially ones on the brink of shutting down) should be balls to the walls about keeping things going as smoothly as possible.

Seraphin[69]
30-08-08, 11:19
I agree with Kane... family's business is monitored 24/7 in every datacenters, even the secondary ones !

And keep in mind some people (like me) are actually paying at the moment (old 6 month paiement)

Kanedax
30-08-08, 11:22
Same as Krin, 6 month payment, dude Krinahk we agree on something. Is this the beginning of the apocalypse? :D

IceStorm
30-08-08, 11:37
I'm not all that upset. This is normal for Neocron. Better to live with it and have Neocron than live without and have to play... WoW? SW:G? EverCrack?

Biglines
30-08-08, 11:38
just to feed the general mayhem, last time this happened they went down for a week, but we did get compensation...

Kanedax
30-08-08, 11:39
I'm not all that upset. This is normal for Neocron. Better to live with it and have Neocron than live without and have to play... WoW? SW:G? EverCrack?

Its normal ONCE in a while, not 3 times in as many days.

Forked
30-08-08, 11:41
Most data centers (atleast in the US) have someone on site 24 hours a day to monitor these things incase of this type of scenario. If this type of thing were to happen and they were diligent enough to catch it the person who is supposed to be informed would be regardless of the time. That is just how good efficient businesses are run. But who knows maybe I'm just an idiot for thinking companies (especially ones on the brink of shutting down) should be balls to the walls about keeping things going as smoothly as possible.

Yes, but in such datacenters they don't do shit unless you file a ticket.. And if the personell that is allowed to do that isn't awake.. you wait... I know how datacenters work. ;)

Kanedax
30-08-08, 11:45
I suppose it depends on how much you pay for the services, all I know is I've answered calls in the middle of the night from the data center that handles one of the businesses to report a technical difficulty. In my experience the data center will atleast make a phone call to attempt to reach a contact from the company and when that person doesn't pick up it then falls on the company to blame. So like I said, it is either the data center's or KK's fault.

IceStorm
30-08-08, 11:48
Its normal ONCE in a while, not 3 times in as many days.Eh, stuff like this is normal for KK. Multi-day issues with no hard resolution are the norm.

Your registration date is 2007. Did you play Beta 4? NC1 retail? I've been playing since August, 2001. This is pretty normal for KK.

Forked
30-08-08, 11:51
Well, thing is.. what if the server is running perfectly fine but some vital processes on the server ceased to work and makes login impossible ? Where we got our server (miami) we pretty much have to contact THEM to make THEM restart our server.. But we (l2u) get our reports from our players. So in the end.. they have to wait if none of us (l2u) is around. Same goes here.. The staff at the datacenter doesn't really run the stuff ON the servers.. They just make sure the SERVERS run.. I might be wrong of course. ;)

Kanedax
30-08-08, 11:53
Eh, stuff like this is normal for KK. Multi-day issues with no hard resolution are the norm.

Your registration date is 2007. Did you play Beta 4? NC1 retail? I've been playing since August, 2001. This is pretty normal for KK.

I played beta 1 NC 1 played a bit into retail then quit, came back Jan 07. It was normal in beta maybe but thats because it was beta :P

Jaffo
30-08-08, 11:57
so apart from solitaire anyone got any games i can play for a bit whilst we wait for nc

Kanedax
30-08-08, 11:58
Mine Sweeper Ftw!

Jaffo
30-08-08, 12:01
trying to steer away fro, windows games lol. im remember last time i experiecened this downtime a few years ago me and my whole clan were all playing each other on msn games. 2 weeks of msn games ftw

Kanedax
30-08-08, 12:03
Lmao, dude warcraft/starcraft/diablo ftw in these situations.

Or CS:S

Jaffo
30-08-08, 12:06
my cs;s aint working for some reason, was this morning but wont load now

quickpick
30-08-08, 13:08
so apart from solitaire anyone got any games i can play for a bit whilst we wait for nc

Spaceinvasion is a pretty good browser game, but is very time consuming :)

Biglines
30-08-08, 13:09
http://s3.ikariam.com/ bunch of people from the last nc downage are also playing this

gamefreak
30-08-08, 13:38
http://s3.ikariam.com/ bunch of people from the last nc downage are also playing this

Server ?

Joker69
30-08-08, 13:49
Games UP! Use 83.236.174.250 as the Game Server

ancient
30-08-08, 13:57
hahahahahaha :D

elminister
30-08-08, 14:05
nc launcher is online

L0KI
30-08-08, 17:42
but somehow, still absolutely NO official word.

Biglines
30-08-08, 20:02
but somehow, still absolutely NO official word.
it's the weekend...

L0KI
30-08-08, 20:34
I sound like an old man, I know...

But, weekend or not - surely someone has a home computer? Someone that could tell us what the problem is? Is it going to happen again tonight for example?

It'd take 3 or 4 minutes of someone's time to log on and post.

I have a massive amount of respect for KK, just not for their communication to the community policies. Pretending everything is okay in this respect is deluded.

flib
31-08-08, 18:07
I'm not able to login to Neocron, is this because the servers are down again, or is it because it's not getting through my college's network?

I'm guessing from the lack of further complaining that it's my fault.

Nytewolf2k7
31-08-08, 18:31
Server ?

Gamma ;)

I'm not able to login to Neocron, is this because the servers are down again, or is it because it's not getting through my college's network?
My guess is the latter. ;)

I'm guessing from the lack of further complaining that it's my fault.
could be :(

flib
31-08-08, 18:43
Thank you for the confirmation.
Does anyone know how to get Neocron to go through my college's network?

Biglines
31-08-08, 20:16
could try using port 80, but not sure about that tbh

Trivaldi
31-08-08, 20:36
The login server and launcher are back up and running allowing runners to get back in game again, we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Triv