PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question...

Breakaway
15-08-08, 12:08
Hey just a quick question about private eyes.
Is is still possible to have a HC PE? and are the viable in pvp?

Cheers.
break

Deno
15-08-08, 12:39
I don't claim to be an expert on HC PEs, but it is definately possible. Whether or not its viable is another question though. You sometimes see them using the TT epic cannon or the CM speedgat. In my opinion its not really a viable option as they simply end up as slightly inefficient tanks. The damage output will always be lower than a tank, and the resists will struggle to match a tank too. I suppose the only saving grace is the fact you can maybe have slightly higher agility and weapon lore skills (or another secondary utility skill). As for a pure PvP character, Id stay well away. Rifle and pistol for PE is tried and tested.

Riddle
15-08-08, 12:53
No longer viable like my Melee PE :(

*Prays for rebalance of melee in Next Patch:eek:

DrRisk
15-08-08, 15:58
Still. Aside from droning the best way to level a PE is probably HC

danmalone
15-08-08, 16:04
Still. Aside from droning the best way to level a PE is probably HC

IMO best way to lvl a pe is HC. Droning is boring and takes ages to cap other skills once int and dex are capped :p

HC levels int,str,con,dex (and psi if your teamed)

Droning only lvls Int and dex (psi if teamed)

The last two pe's i made were started as HC, capped my last one in 1/2days with HC (cept con which aint too far off)

Riddle
15-08-08, 16:13
are the viable in pvp?

was what i answered http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/wink.gif

As for levelling as HC why the hell not beats drones hands down as they are soooooo Boooooorrrriiiiinnnnnggggg.

Asurmen Spec Op
15-08-08, 16:55
Hey just a quick question about private eyes.
Is is still possible to have a HC PE? and are the viable in pvp?

Cheers.
break
I don't see why you can't make a viable one, just be really crazy and it will work out.

flib
15-08-08, 17:00
My PE leveled with HC and my new PE is leveling with MC, which is a refreshing new thing to do. Obviously it won't be any good for pvp (yet), but it's still fun.

Riddle
15-08-08, 17:23
I used to Pwn tanks on my melee PE back in NC1, i loved that setup but iirc i used a lot and i mean a lot of drugs :p

flib
15-08-08, 18:08
I used to Pwn tanks on my melee PE back in NC1, i loved that setup but iirc i used a lot and i mean a lot of drugs :p
Junky! ò_ó

danmalone
15-08-08, 18:43
Junky! ò_ó

I used about 7 drugs on my spy the other day... as it stands atm i get 186% on a silent hunter (thats not 7, i think its 3)

Evil dmg i tell you ;)

silent000
15-08-08, 18:44
My Mellee PE QB Setup...

Paw of Tiger
Stam Booster
Stam Booster
Stam Booster
Stam Booster
Stam Booster
Stam Booster
Stam Booster
Stam Booster
Stam Booster

Stam drain was insane, but such a fun setup :cool:

Doc Holliday
15-08-08, 20:37
i saw an apu pe once. that was the funniest ever. the guy was in the aggie cellar in plaza 2. he rushed in hacked a few times with the sword then whipped out a fireball and drilled the aggressor with it a few shots and then ran off. never looted anything. it was the funniest thing i ever saw.

yuuki
15-08-08, 20:54
HC PEs are possible but not viable at all. You need 2 of the str only head imps and the hardened backbone, also con>>psi now. So you will end up with lower damage, lower health, lower resists and lower speed then a tank. Since vehicles don't have int requirements anymore you also can't drive better then a tank.
If you want to try it anyway use the tt epic or the tpc, speedy sucks donkey balls.

Asurmen Spec Op
16-08-08, 03:15
I used about 7 drugs on my spy the other day... as it stands atm i get 186% on a silent hunter (thats not 7, i think its 3)

Evil dmg i tell you ;)
my PE setup uses 4 drugs(3 untill someone gets a poison gun).
All because I refuse to wear pa >.>, and that I perfer speed tanking.

Breakaway
16-08-08, 10:43
I see lol maybe not then hehe. mite just make one for the crack of it see how it goes. My pe before was like MC/HC Used a paw of tiger and a speed gat :D was loads of fun using a melee shocker and then gatting them down lol.

Look out for the crazy pe in plaza 2! :P

break

landofcake
16-08-08, 11:20
I still have a HC PE, it's not hugely viable but it can be a bit of fun, it's quite hard to get use of anything other than a TPC, but it can do a LITTLE bit of damage.

Of course Melee isn't viable because it's crap for capped tanks too ...

What needs a fix is the Strength imps like Marine/Move On and Melee too ... then it'd be quite viable to have a HC/MC PE what with the Regants Melee PA ... could also do with a HC version too ...