PDA

View Full Version : TL3 Heal over TL 40 nanite tool

Jaffo
15-08-08, 11:43
Hi All,

When i played nc years ago there was no nanite tool and when i came back there is one (well lots actually).

I have been trying to weigh up the pros and cons behind each one and still dont really understand the nanite tool and i get the impression that they are better that the tl3 heal.

i cant seem to find any information on the nanite tool so can any one point me in the right direction???

sorry to make a thread about this and thanks

Doc Holliday
15-08-08, 11:54
i use both. i think it depends on the situation your in really. then i use survival packs as well. it just depends on whether you have the time to shoot up nanites or you just need a quick heal to escape a tight spot. supposedly the nanites work much better but take longer.

Riddle
15-08-08, 13:03
The Biotech TL40 heal tool substituted the Psi heal for tanks as they can no longer use Psi, also used by PE/Spy and APU :p

Heal as already stated depends on situation, stealth spy = NO use of TL 3 heal or Nanite heal, better to use medipack as this gives no trail.

Also in OP wars, use of nanites prevents a PPU healing you, if you use a TL3 heal his Holy heal will override it when he heals you.

as for information try Here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=137837) for an early balance discussion on them.

Basically you have the regeneration nanites and heal tool.

The other Nanite tools can be used to offer defensive shields against certain types of damage, although i am no expert i can tell you that from building a shit load, most people opt to have several tools in their quickbelt for different nanites, rather than get a slotted tool modded for several types.

I would suggest you search through the player setups section for tips on what nanites are best used to cover holes in your armour/Con setup and check out the balancing forum for the discussion of them.

Good luck.

Okran
15-08-08, 14:35
The TL40 nanite heal tool has it's Pro's and Con's, but bear in mind I am unsure of the TL3 tick rate though. As previously mentioned, a psi heal cannot override a nanite heal and visa versa, but this can be a Pro or a Con depending on the situation. Personally I use the Nanite TL40 Heal Tool on my Rifle Spy.

Pro's of using a Nanite TL40 Heal Tool

No heal bubbles - so perfect for healing in stealth mode
Heals more per tick than a TL10 psi heal

Con's of using a Nanite TL40 Heal Tool

The duration is lower than the psi heal types
Adds +20 to the nanite pool (which stacks with any active Protection nanites)

For more info on Nanite technology:

Nanite Info (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=142227)

Jaffo
15-08-08, 15:01
cool thanks for the replies guys.

i used TL 40 tool on my tank when i was firemobbing.

if you use the nanites over and over again so it stacks to say 60, does that give you 3 times the amount of heal?

hope that makes sense

Doc Holliday
15-08-08, 20:35

if you use the nanites over and over again so it stacks to say 60, does that give you 3 times the amount of heal?

hope that makes sense

the max you can inject to get the max hp over time is 120 smokey. dont go over that or you get drug flash. all there is to it really. you can gauge what you need to shoot up from there when you get used to them.

Okran
15-08-08, 21:13
No, stacking Nanite heals does not increase the amount of health healed over time which is currently 12.85 on my spy.

NAPPER
15-08-08, 22:13

hope that makes sense

Its better to use the tl16 and the tl40 both work fine together u just need to use the tl16 before the tl40 then they wil both stack on u and quicker healing

Neallys
17-08-08, 08:47
Strange, I never tried using TL16 and then over-stack it with a TL40, it works?

Never did this on my spy during PvP

/Nerije

Kanedax
17-08-08, 09:19
Yes the TL 16 before the TL 40 to stack it works, I've done it many times on my tank.

Neallys
17-08-08, 09:23
I never noticed anyone healing faster when I was P2 dueling, although I was only using the TL40

N