PDA

View Full Version : Catch "Secret" !!!

Chenoa
15-08-08, 11:42
Deep in the wastes there is a lady hacker who claims to be able to hack the database of any disloyal citizen she chooses, and it is said that "Secret!" can help you join another faction in return for a terrifyingly large sum of credits! Whoever uses this illegal "service" should ensure that they are not caught!

Find her. Listen exactly to what she has to say - I think there is something really odd going on and I don't think it will work precisely as the rumors claim!

The first 3 runners (per server) who report "SECRET!" ’s exact location back to me will receive a bounty of 1,000,000 credits! This hacker lady should be removed as soon as possible!

Send full details as follows to contest@reakktor.info. No other information is required.
- your charname and server
- date and time when you saw her
- exact location/description where you saw her
- description of what she is told you!

CATCH HER!
(the winning reports will follow here in this post)

Regards,
Chenoa :angel:

Thx Farril & Nidhogg for supporting this!

CMaster
15-08-08, 13:00
No clues at all?
So far I've found lots of Torbens and copbots where they aren't suppoed to be.

Riddle
15-08-08, 13:11
No clues at all?
So far I've found lots of Torbens and copbots where they aren't suppoed to be.
Now where would the fun in that be ? Scour them wastes MUWHAHAHAH ,

Besides i am stuck at work and will probably be well completed by the time i get on tonight !

P.S. Gotta love Torben (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Torben)

nellus
15-08-08, 13:11
Found her and email sent ;)

danmalone
15-08-08, 13:41
Besides i am stuck at work and will probably be well completed by the time i get on tonight !
[/url]

Likewise :(

Would have been nice to crack out the glider, been playing for god knows how many years and only learnt how to fly in the past 3 weeks 8|

Riddle
15-08-08, 14:25
Likewise :(

Would have been nice to crack out the glider, been playing for god knows how many years and only learnt how to fly in the past 3 weeks 8|

Required skill for any droner ;)

unreal
15-08-08, 17:34
Yeah, there seems to be a fair amount of Torbens. I think I've come across four or five now, most of them dead because they're stood beside Vandals or Raptors. :D "should ensure that they are not caught!" might have been a clue, but it's more likely to have been said in a roleplay context. I was actually scouting the map for another purpose, so if nelly hasn't already told two of his friends where she is, or Cmaster hasn't already found her, 1million credits would be a bonus if I stumble across her. :p

aKe`cj
15-08-08, 19:26
Very nice to implement such a char!
There must be tons of people who have one excuse less to not play NC now :D

Thx Farril & Nidhogg for supporting this!

Is Farril back on board?
If so... this is really great news too :)

StevenJ
15-08-08, 21:01
Found... though not reported yet, for I think she may be despawned when all reports are in, and I know a friend who may want to use her :angel:

Hell-demon
15-08-08, 21:34
Found... though not reported yet, for I think she may be despawned when all reports are in, and I know a friend who may want to use her :angel:

StevenJ: Cyber Pimp

Skusty
15-08-08, 21:57
Hell-Demons svorn financial rival? :p

Hell-demon
16-08-08, 00:13
Money has nothing to do with it.

He done stol'ed ma prostitoot!

StevenJ
16-08-08, 02:46
Money has nothing to do with it.

He done stol'ed ma prostitoot!
Quite incorrect... she fills a hole I badly needed filling, as did some friends :D

Though... some of them are now getting nervous

DrRisk
16-08-08, 14:04
He Took Our Jawwwbbsssss

Hell-demon
16-08-08, 14:11
He duck ur dubs!

Jodo
17-08-08, 04:13
H'duk dubs.

L0KI
18-08-08, 08:17
Dukkerrrr daaaarrr.

Nidhogg
18-08-08, 10:05
That's enough spam, thanks.

N

danmalone
18-08-08, 10:23
This hacker lady should be removed as soon as possible!

Whilst i very much like this NPC am i correct in assuming it wont be sticking about for too much longer? :p

flib
18-08-08, 10:26
[ edited ]

L0KI
18-08-08, 10:32
Damn, I was under the impression that this lady was a new addition to the wastelands...

I'd rather pay 5,000,000nc to switch than mess about getting symp through the most basic of missions...

danmalone
18-08-08, 11:00
Aye its a pretty sexy npc. Would be cool if they could track people that have used it multiple times and 'catch' them and throw them into a random faction :p

Sharper Blade
19-08-08, 06:26
or throw them in the white room/th apartment that you need a password to get out of lol

TehGrace
19-08-08, 11:11
meh keep this bloody npc ingame tbh, but up the price and move her around once in a while, maybee make her give you a big mission (non kill shiet as thatd be gay for ppu's)

L0KI
19-08-08, 12:14
Seriously, I completely agree.

Personally, I work full time - AND run a business in my spare time. I reactivated NC about 3 weeks ago, and the ONLY reason I haven't played, is because I can't justify spending what little free time I have getting 60 Sympathy for Fallen Angels to join R2K.

I'll do it at some point soon, but this NPC is such a good idea. Taking it out is such a bad one...

Doc Holliday
19-08-08, 14:16

Personally, I work full time - AND run a business in my spare time. I reactivated NC about 3 weeks ago, and the ONLY reason I haven't played, is because I can't justify spending what little free time I have getting 60 Sympathy for Fallen Angels to join R2K.

I'll do it at some point soon, but this NPC is such a good idea. Taking it out is such a bad one...

So dont :) stay as bd there are a few of us around. ;)

CMaster
19-08-08, 14:25

You could always run very easy recycle missions. Only takes an hour or so to get from 8 symp up to the 50 you need to swap. It's dull and all, but works. (Remeber all cutycom missions give exactly the same symp and SL these days - 1)

danmalone
19-08-08, 14:34
You could always run very easy recycle missions. Only takes an hour or so to get from 8 symp up to the 50 you need to swap. It's dull and all, but works. (Remeber all cutycom missions give exactly the same symp and SL these days - 1)

Whilst thats nice, should have missions that need you to kill higher lvl stuff (warbots and stuff around rank 80) that give more than just +1 symp and SL.

(yes i know about the anarchy breed crap but they are usually in massive groups and can be quite hard to achieve sumtimes :( )

But yeh, i definately say keep this npc, just move it around the waste's regularly <3 :)

CMaster
19-08-08, 15:16
Whilst thats nice, should have missions that need you to kill higher lvl stuff (warbots and stuff around rank 80) that give more than just +1 symp and SL.

(yes i know about the anarchy breed crap but they are usually in massive groups and can be quite hard to achieve sumtimes :( )

But yeh, i definately say keep this npc, just move it around the waste's regularly <3 :)

Hey, I'm not saying that its right (IMO, the mission system competes with the op system for the "worst 'working' thing in NC" category".

danmalone
19-08-08, 15:43
Hey, I'm not saying that its right (IMO, the mission system competes with the op system for the "worst 'working' thing in NC" category".

I didnt mean to imply that u were saying its right :p But im totally with you on that one ;)

Jaffo
19-08-08, 20:44
any one wanna pm me the location of this guy?????

i know its kinda cheating but i cant find allot of time to play atm and really need to change factions

flib
19-08-08, 22:14
Can someone that has found the npc please confirm whether or not the npc actually lets runners change their faction? I gathered from the first post that either it didn't actually work or there was some kind of catch.

Jaffo
19-08-08, 22:29
woo woo, found her without being pmed ^^^^ complete accident.

yes you can change faction but it costs 400k.

Jodo
19-08-08, 22:37
400k? That's pennies to most runners. I thought it was supposed to be a "terrifing" amount of money?
Does it matter what your symp is on, or will she adjust that also?

GRIM
19-08-08, 23:27

I'd rather pay 5,000,000nc to switch than mess about getting symp through the most basic of missions...

yes, and next we will bring the test center lom pills to live. this will ensure that everyone can cap in 5 minutes and no one has to spend any time playing the game.

flib
20-08-08, 08:14
yes, and next we will bring the test center lom pills to live. this will ensure that everyone can cap in 5 minutes and no one has to spend any time playing the game.I would say that running 40 recycle missions/rat missions hardly counts as playing the game.

Jaffo
20-08-08, 09:24
I would say that running 40 recycle missions/rat missions hardly counts as playing the game.

i agree. theres nothing more irratating then doing these missions. ill admit it doesnt take too long to do each one but its boring as fuck. not really playing tbh and makes life allot harder when all your chars except one have -99 symp in most factions.

and to answer earlier question, symp doesnt matter, however i used the npc on a newly rolled char so his min symp for all factions is 10. so there may be a possibility that if you are below that point you may have to pay more??

L0KI
20-08-08, 11:59
yes, and next we will bring the test center lom pills to live. this will ensure that everyone can cap in 5 minutes and no one has to spend any time playing the game.

I didn't say that I didn't want to spend my time playing the game.

What I actually said... or at least implied... Is that there are elements of this game that are long winded, almost for the sake of being long winded.

When I get in from work at 9pm, or later, I have around an hour or two online before I need to go to bed. I'd much rather spend that time enjoying Neocron. Whether it be PvP, PvM or cruising around in the Wastelands - it doesn't matter.

The sympathy system is, and almost always has been, flawed.

CMaster so rightly said that I could run basic recycle missions - but again, they are incredibly dull.

I play Neocron because I enjoy playing it. Knowing that the next time I log on, I am forced to spend an age running back and forward to a city com for an hour is putting me off playing.

AS FOR SECRET:

Personally, I think it would be a good idea to work the system in the following way:

Symp = Cost to change

10+ = 500k
0 to 10 = 1,000,000
-10 to 0 = 1,500,000
-20 to -10 = 2,000,000
-30 to -20 = 2,500,000
Below -30 = 3,000,000

So, it's capped at a maximum cost of 3,000,000 - which is a fair amount of money, and more than justifies spending when your sympathy is below -30.

Nidhogg
20-08-08, 12:01
The idea is not to get -99 symp to start with, I believe.

N

Jaffo
20-08-08, 12:59

N

but some of us are bad people :(

Nidhogg
20-08-08, 14:07
but some of us are bad people :(
Bad people gotta pay, dude.

N

Jaffo
20-08-08, 14:44
Bad people gotta pay, dude.

N

yeah i know :( :( :( :(

what do you think about the idea above (cant remember who wrote it) about the less faction symp you have the more you pay for example if you have - 99 symp for a faction you have abviously done allot of bad things against that faction so should maybe pay more to join it as compensation for you bad things where as a guy with 10 symp doesnt pay so much??

Brammers
20-08-08, 15:46
yeah i know :( :( :( :(

what do you think about the idea above (cant remember who wrote it) about the less faction symp you have the more you pay for example if you have - 99 symp for a faction you have abviously done allot of bad things against that faction so should maybe pay more to join it as compensation for you bad things where as a guy with 10 symp doesnt pay so much??

I've always been against this sort of thing, I'm still am.

I'm loyal to my faction, so are my fellow faction members. Why should the bad people with -99 FS be allowed to join my faction by waving a lot of money at the faction HR guy?

And also no clan leader with a clue would take on a -99 FS member, as this would screw up the overall FS of the clan, which in turn buggers up any missions clan members can take from the citycom.

Faid
20-08-08, 16:10
And also no clan leader with a clue would take on a -99 FS member, as this would screw up the overall FS of the clan, which in turn buggers up any missions clan members can take from the citycom.
That actually isn't a problem at all, it should be, but it's not ;)

L0KI
20-08-08, 16:19
I was about to say the same Faid.

I do see your point Brammers. I am not one of those people with -99 in faction sympathy. Infact, I don't really have below 10 with anyone any more.

It's doing 40 missions, back to back that bothers me - just to do something that could be done by spending more of my nc monies!

Brammers
20-08-08, 18:16
That actually isn't a problem at all, it should be, but it's not ;)

Ahh that old trick, where you leave the clan and get the clan's FS. But using that to go from -99 to say 80 odd? That's not on, one more reason to stop -99 FS people paying their way into the faction.

@ LOKI - As for the 40 mission to go from 10 to 50 FS, I do agree with you it's painful, whether it's the passing brought chemicals as recycle chemicals, swatting flies and bee's in sewers, or insta-flatlining aggies in the aggie pits.

What is a little daft is the very easy missions give you 1 FS, and Very Hard missions still give you 1 FS. It should be a sliding scale, so harder missions five more FS points.

TehGrace
20-08-08, 18:38

N

Depends on who you ask, should well be possible to switch to a faction that is less used even if negative soullight. Look at NC1, factions were much more balanced with much more clans just because switching was easier for everyone.

awkward silence
20-08-08, 19:47
Depends on who you ask, should well be possible to switch to a faction that is less used even if negative soullight. Look at NC1, factions were much more balanced with much more clans just because switching was easier for everyone.

In nc1 you had to do several missions to get just a single sl point sometimes.

Also, now symp goes up if you just idle.

It was harder in nc1'

If you want nc1 back atleast get the facts right.

hnlecter
20-08-08, 23:21
[ edited ]

Jodo
21-08-08, 05:40
As I've always seen it, is KK have given you the choice to play Good or play Bad. If you're good the downside is you have to check your aim and not be a murderous citizen while the downside to playing bad is having crap FS and SL with the consequences that brings.
Sure KK could fix it so you never have to go through symp missions again but that could entail removing free will so you can only ever harm an enemy. But as you know they give you the choice of consequence. Choice is the really crucial word here as it's all down to the runner what happens next.
And don't anyone try arguing "Accidental Fire" as a reason to scrap FS cos one or two accidents don't cause problems, besides if you have that much trouble aiming perhaps it's better if you play one of the many other MMO's with the gay auto-aiming features.

L0KI
21-08-08, 10:45
What is a little daft is the very easy missions give you 1 FS, and Very Hard missions still give you 1 FS. It should be a sliding scale, so harder missions five more FS points.

Couldn't agree more.

If I'm sent off on a 'Kill 5 Warbot Titans' mission, I'd be more than happy to trek off on my merry way, knowing there'd be 5 FS points at the end of it.

Doc Holliday
21-08-08, 12:41
Couldn't agree more.

If I'm sent off on a 'Kill 5 Warbot Titans' mission, I'd be more than happy to trek off on my merry way, knowing there'd be 5 FS points at the end of it.

truthfully what would be nice is if that was actually the case, half of the top end missions are so hard to find due to monsters required for the kills. it would be nice if there were more than just cyclopses that you can kill for the top end symp. kill 5 grims for example.

then at the other end of the scale we have the kill 5 anarchy breed dudes who are just insanely hard.

i think some people forgot about them or do the missions not exist anymore. i havent been to tech haven in donkeys years.

nellus
21-08-08, 15:28

truthfully what would be nice is if that was actually the case, half of the top end missions are so hard to find due to monsters required for the kills. it would be nice if there were more than just cyclopses that you can kill for the top end symp. kill 5 grims for example.

Ok guys i may be missing your point here BUT its a lot bloody easier and quicker to run 5 small spider missions then to take a mission to kill Warbots or Grims. By the time youve taken the mission and found your first target you could have finished 5 or 10 spider missions.

I totaly agree with Jodo, it is how you have played the game, the choices you have made that have put you in that position so it is up to you to make up for it. It would be different if KK had not put in a way for you to sort this out. I too have no char with negative soul light or negative faction symp, this is because i have chosen to stick to the idea of you don't kill friendly faction members.

It seems to me that some of you are playing the wrong game, you want everything handing to you, you don't want to spend time leveling to improve your characters, you don't want to spend time running missions to improve your Soullight or faction Sympathy and you want to go around killing everybody on the server whether they are pro or anti a noob wanting to level or a capped char. If this is what you want go and play BF2 or some such like game.
I play Neocron for the game it is, i enjoy the fact you have to work hard to improve yourself it wouldn't be the same game if it was handed to you.

zii
25-08-08, 22:11
Can someone put me back in AB now? I miss my home.

Jaffo
26-08-08, 11:16
[QUOTE=

then at the other end of the scale we have the kill 5 anarchy breed dudes who are just insanely hard.

i think some people forgot about them or do the missions not exist anymore. i havent been to tech haven in donkeys years.[/QUOTE]

these still exsist from a contact person at TH. They are well hard though, you gotta kill 20 anarchy breed agressors for 10 symp.

prior to the secret person being put in game, i had to do missions for faction change. was doing sewer rat / bees / flies / small spiders and roaches. all very easy if you are using AoE. I just ran around firing all over the place and down allyways and was getting the kills cause of AoE. I could literally jump of the ladder and shoot to the left and right get mission complete then run back to the cc.

all very time consuiming but easy with AoE, not so much if your using a rifle as things like roaches can be a pain to target as they run all over the place and are so small. Since i found the secret npc i have really abused it lol, have now done every epic on my spy (now that was boring and expensive!!)

ancient
17-12-08, 00:30
I don't think it will work preciselylike the rest of nc then

Kalonji Faya
23-03-09, 23:17
secret is no more in garage dumb :wtf:
I'm in the sector for about 30 minutes now and still can find her :confused:

did she move somewhere else ? or died killed by a gm ?! :D
any news about secret ?!

Kalonji

Biglines
24-03-09, 13:53
aww damn, back to recycle missions then? :S

L0KI
24-03-09, 14:04
I was informed in game that she had simply moved locations.

I have no idea where she is as yet though.

Biglines
24-03-09, 14:11
a new reward out then too? :P

Jaffo
24-03-09, 14:17
el farid perhaps?

Neallys
24-03-09, 14:34
On mars, Secret was near the Oasis at the North of El Farid I think.

Kalonji Faya
24-03-09, 22:29
I was informed in game that she had simply moved locations.

I have no idea where she is as yet though.

I sent a ticket then recieved a mail from parallax and thats no what he told me :(

Kalonji

Kanedax
25-03-09, 01:20
I sent a ticket then recieved a mail from parallax and thats no what he told me :(

Kalonji

So.....what did he tell you?

They removed Secret? Oh well.

L0KI
25-03-09, 12:49
Secret was a great idea; it saved a lot of tedium.

Why on Earth would they remove it? Unless of course they plan on patching the game with some awesome patch in the works that will affect faction sympathy.

We can but hope. I think it's more likely they just plain removed it.

Doc Holliday
25-03-09, 15:18

Kalonji

no offense but thats the most dumbest post i have ever seen. if he didnt tell you that then explain exactly what WAS said.

Jaffo
25-03-09, 15:55
no offense but thats the most dumbest post i have ever seen. if he didnt tell you that then explain exactly what WAS said.

to be fair i think that most of my posts should qualify for this title.

Trivaldi
25-03-09, 16:27
Keep on topic please guys, i'll see if i can get an answer regarding the status of Secret. Just a yes or no to her still being ingame though, any new location would just spoil the fun of finding her. ;)

Neallys
25-03-09, 16:38
I agree it would be fun for her to have a new location so we have to search a bit. ALthough, it would be really cool to know if she actually IS somewhere :p

Kalonji Faya
25-03-09, 17:06
I didn't tell what the gm told me cause I don't know if I can tell it on the forums.
But I think that with what I said you can easily guess where secret can be ;)

Kalonji

Kanedax
25-03-09, 17:09
I didn't tell what the gm told me cause I don't know if I can tell it on the forums.
But I think that with what I said you can easily guess where secret can be ;)

Kalonji

So she's no longer in game. Right.

Kalonji Faya
25-03-09, 17:22
thats what parallax told me yesterday

Kal

Trivaldi
25-03-09, 17:25
I can confirm that. 'Secret' has been removed.

Closed.