PDA

View Full Version : If You Was!

NAPPER
09-08-08, 04:35
If you had the chance to become the New Head Dev for Neocron and u had the Money to add/change and take away from NC what would u do?????

For me it would be

Make le'd Toons able to have clans but take away the option to own OutPosts and take away the Bonus of the OutPost. Make everything to a Le'd Clan 2 times more expensive then it would be for the unle'd Clan.

I would make the Pladin Rank for Finishing ALL the Epics for every Faction available.

I would Work out a better System for the StockX on the City Coms.

I Would make a New class of some sort with a New zone new Weapons and new Skills to use.

Please Remeber this doesnt mean anything and its just a bit of fun please dont turn it into a OMG i WISH KK WOULD ADD THIS AND they should never have removed this. This thread is what YOU would Change and ADD

Have Fun
Nick

Apocalypsox
09-08-08, 05:55
Put a new engine and netcode under the hood. Mass advertising. Done.

NAPPER
09-08-08, 06:12

Wouldnt u like to add anything to the Game?

Kanedax
09-08-08, 06:13

/thread

Apocalypsox
09-08-08, 07:01
Wouldnt u like to add anything to the Game?

And mechs are now ingame. Along with cigarettes, sunglasses, and Pes can have their afro back. Sorry for /threading your thread :lol:

ROZZER187
09-08-08, 13:24
i would ban napper tbh :lol:

Hell-demon
09-08-08, 14:51
I think I would make things a bit more simplistic.

I would merge some of the factions:

Diamond real estate is gone and cityadmin now deal with housing.

NExT is now under the control of Tangent, meaning it has rights to make weapons and vehicles.

Biotech now owns protopharma making them the sole medical comapny.

I would also get rid of some skills that aren't use much or would better balance things:

No droning

No barter

And no weaponlore and just have a normal cross hair to appeal to the fps community more.

Also redisign some places and return neocron to its former glory before this balance shit and lose the fucking decimals on things. I would then make shit loads of marketing and be merry!

Asurmen Spec Op
09-08-08, 16:24
If you had the chance to become the New Head Dev for Neocron and u had the Money to add/change and take away from NC what would u do?????

For me it would be

Make le'd Toons able to have clans but take away the option to own OutPosts and take away the Bonus of the OutPost. Make everything to a Le'd Clan 2 times more expensive then it would be for the unle'd Clan.

I would make the Pladin Rank for Finishing ALL the Epics for every Faction available.

I would Work out a better System for the StockX on the City Coms.

I Would make a New class of some sort with a New zone new Weapons and new Skills to use.

Please Remeber this doesnt mean anything and its just a bit of fun please dont turn it into a OMG i WISH KK WOULD ADD THIS AND they should never have removed this. This thread is what YOU would Change and ADD

Have Fun
Nick
Look at the code and cry myself to sleep.
Then kill myself.

Hell-demon
09-08-08, 16:24
Look at the code and cry myself to sleep.
Then kill myself.

so true

Asurmen Spec Op
09-08-08, 16:27
so true
Ofcorse it is, I'm always right!
Except that time in pepper park, but in my defence the drugs were working...

Hell-demon
09-08-08, 16:32
don't worry, pepper park will soon be gone.

Asurmen Spec Op
09-08-08, 16:35
don't worry, pepper park will soon be gone.
I think that if pepper park goes, I'll be going with it, if ya know what I mean *wink wink nudge nudge*

Hell-demon
09-08-08, 16:53
???

You shut down????

Setlec
09-08-08, 17:55
write from scratch a new engine or use OpenNel (http://www.opennel.org/confluence/display/NEL/Home) adding some modifications like Full OpenGL support, linux x86_64 client/server version , Mac OS X would be supported for the client version, multicore enable, NVIDIA’s PhysX technology for real-time game physics calculations (which will come embedded in the new Geforce 9800 GT). Lua Scripting for animation. New 3d models and Morphing technology when you create your Char, Maybe voice system support with TS 3... and for the in game features let's copy the innovative features from others MMOGs. well it's just some ideas...

Cheers

Apocalypsox
09-08-08, 18:35
Hell Demon, if you did such things to my game, i would PERSONALLY come shoot your ass. You don't get to make videogames >=(

gstyle40
09-08-08, 18:40
Hell Demon, if you did such things to my game, i would PERSONALLY come shoot your ass. You don't get to make videogames >=(

what about me? :confused:

Biglines
09-08-08, 19:42
I'd try to update the engine so u don't have square sectors, but if possible a total world in which to walk, instead of zoning (would take care of sync bugs :P)

Apocalypsox
09-08-08, 21:31
what about me? :confused:

You didn't make such insane and horrible remarks about what you would do to neocron, let alone my precious NEXT and drones :lol:

awkward silence
09-08-08, 23:08
I think I would make things a bit more simplistic.

I would merge some of the factions:

Diamond real estate is gone and cityadmin now deal with housing.

NExT is now under the control of Tangent, meaning it has rights to make weapons and vehicles.

Biotech now owns protopharma making them the sole medical comapny.

I would also get rid of some skills that aren't use much or would better balance things:

No droning

No barter

And no weaponlore and just have a normal cross hair to appeal to the fps community more.

Also redisign some places and return neocron to its former glory before this balance shit and lose the fucking decimals on things. I would then make shit loads of marketing and be merry!

You forgot to delete ppus! Apus can stay but i dont care for em either.

Id also bring the naked strippers! The old judge and rolh icons, open all closed zones among other little things.

DrRisk
09-08-08, 23:36
I'd put teh volcano in

NAPPER
10-08-08, 00:22
I'd try to update the engine so u don't have square sectors, but if possible a total world in which to walk, instead of zoning (would take care of sync bugs :P)

That would be ok and it would make pvp alot more fun with no safe zones ;)

Hell-demon
10-08-08, 00:56
How much do you think the intellectual property rights to neocron cost?

If we pooled our pennies together we could buy it!

Necpock
10-08-08, 01:15
If I was dev, I would sell and put the money in a high interest account, or invest and make much more moneys for less hassle :D

DrRisk
10-08-08, 02:26
I'd ban Joe from the game so he can't play it anymore.

NAPPER
10-08-08, 04:38
I'd ban Joe from the game so he can't play it anymore.

LOL he doesnt play that much anyway his a WOW FanBoi now :lol:

DarkPhoenix
10-08-08, 16:52
Very old thread I started. It's fun to see which things have been implemented in some way, and which could still be.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=70844

Nidhogg
10-08-08, 17:31
Hell-Demon, one more sarcastic comment from you at this difficult time and I will ban you.

N

Hell-demon
10-08-08, 17:33
Actually Nid that was a serious comment.

How much does the intellectual property go for?

Doc Holliday
10-08-08, 18:23
nice thread. a whos who of 2003. funny that so many got banned but it was nice to remember some of the names popping up.

CrushOr
10-08-08, 18:48
"pool our pennies" is a legit saying.

Hell-demon
10-08-08, 18:58
"pool our pennies" is a legit saying.
Indeed it is. Neocron is based mainly on the community, and as such is just as much ours as the developers. We have numbers that KK do not. If we could we could help develop neocron further or create a new game.

If we owned neocron we could make something. A finished project or some sort of monument remains to be seen/imagined.

Apocalypsox
10-08-08, 19:00
As asurmen said, i don't think any of you would want to see the code...i highly doubt it would even look like it would function.

Hell-demon
10-08-08, 19:06
Better to make something from the ground up with a better engine. Neocron's engine is years old and is very out dated.

Get a new engine, get a design team to create things or perhaps hire a seperate company to make models (like KK have), get beta testers, market and continue to develop the game and listen to the community - hey presto, a nice game.

Necpock
10-08-08, 19:14
Better to make something from the ground up with a better engine. Neocron's engine is years old and is very out dated.

Get a new engine, get a design team to create things or perhaps hire a seperate company to make models (like KK have), get beta testers, market and continue to develop the game and listen to the community - hey presto, a nice game.

Pre 2.1 was fine, all it takes is a few previous patches and so many would return.

We don't need content, just what the gameplay was before, more ballanced, faster paced and challenging, not spending years trying to get enough techs to build 1 weapon...

Hell-demon
10-08-08, 19:17
Agreed.

The balancing project was futile. Decimals, changing implants which didn't need to change, melee and apu combat is impossible and it also took ages to do.

Just update the rest of the graphics and make the factions back to nc1. That would of been easier. Instead we went through a lot of needless revamps and changes.

Necpock
10-08-08, 19:20
Agreed.

The balancing project was futile. Decimals, changing impalnts which didn't need to change, melee and apu combat is impossible and it also took ages to do.

Just update the rest of the graphics and make the factions back to nc1. That would of been easier. Instead we went through a lot of needless revamps and changes.

Infact its the changes that really put many people off in the first place, from day 1 of announcement of the evo plan, I saw people get bored and lose interest, like so many have said, if its not broken, don't fix it!

Or atleast open 1 server for pre 2.2, that would make me reactivate my second account and play again, I want gameplay, not content.

Hell-demon
10-08-08, 19:25
Exactly!

We don't need a WoC quest which gives us a weapon we can't used because we decided not to go down the pistol or rifle route, but actual gameplay fixes.

We didn't get player shops

We don't have woc content that goes beyond rifles and pistols, or retextured power armour, or retextured rifles and pistols.

DoY is now a ghost town

Private Eyes lips still jut from their face

Stock Xchange is busted

So much could be changed.

Asurmen Spec Op
10-08-08, 21:13
Hell-Demon, one more sarcastic comment from you at this difficult time and I will ban you.

N
Oooh, sexy, best get my camera.

Riddle
10-08-08, 21:44
OK here it is

Forget the code it's probably so damned tangled by now it would be worthless.

At the end of days I would extract your character info, items in quickbelt, implants, armour, you would get some cash per level obtained should you move to the new game. sound familiar ;)

Keep Neocron city for nostalga purposes but add further layers above, probably another 3, i have always liked the multi level aspect of the main city.

New engine, probably half life2 or similiar (i am no expert) but if your down in the sewers and run out of ammo you should be able to pick up that dam barrel and crush that rat with it! No more synchs!

All New graphics, Enviroment enhancement, customisable PA, expansion of customisation to chars, sunglasses, cigs, hundreds of outfits.

New Balancing Fix melee, APU and create a new class, yes runners a new class. more later

WHY Play?
The new game is a dawn of a new age, the dome is declared unsafe for all and raised to the ground, word of an exciting discovery hits the city.

An entrance to a yet uncharted tunnel is found, once explored a new continent is found three times the size of the known wastes. The faction tensions rise and consolidation occurs, several factions join together to leverage size and power, the war begins in a massive land grab action.

But little did they know, it was someone else's land they were fighting over! The story unfolds.

Entrance to the new Tunnel is so hazardous that only WOC level armour can offer effective protection. So this new area is for capped players, with an updated arsenal courtesy of Tangent these WOC weapons are the only effective means of defence against their new found enemies.

As you you reach WOC a new class becomes available, The MECH Warrior. Enhances your physic for the battlefront.

New Players
Re-Model MC5 completely - Introduce a new mission based XP system, sending runners to every corner of the wastes, utilising every sector, Forget the current grind, explore and level.

Updates
No Synchs, no Bugs, no Fatals, no massive inflation as xploits have been fixed, droning issues fixed, balancing completed.
Joint account banking for sharing cash between chars and items via safety deposit.

Authentic NC option, experience synchs, the odd fatal and several other well known bugs.

Player shops and black market area, NPC's selling players wares.

Crafting enhancements, Resser once capped gain the chance of discovering a new item not found in game, 1000's of this items randomly selected and created but only by the finest ressers. Once learnt only he can create it EVER.

CST gain the option to enhance their skills once capped in a chosen weapon craft i,e. Rifles, once chosen they create more enhanced rifles than couterparts, customisable in a way no one else can create. These Master CST are the only crafter who can create the unique items created by master ressers. Close partnership and shops will deliver their exclusive goods.

I could go on all night......lol

Hell-demon
10-08-08, 21:54
Lot of untapped potential.

nobby
10-08-08, 22:37
If i had money...

First i'd refinance KK's "move to Asia" they were planning.

You don't need fancy engines... or graphics, hell Neocron is more Graphically beautiful than most Asian MMOs out there and is there a 200 man population only on those games? NO !

I'd hire a team of Translators to support much needed asian languages such as Korean, Mandarin and Japanese.

Then would start on advertising... TV advertising- hell the way japanese people get suckered in buying crap on TV, if it advertises the fact it's from Europe or America, they LOVE foreign things.

Hell if KK would supply me RIGHT NOW, I Would go to the streets with advertising pretty pictures and boards outside Shinjuku station handing out Free copies of NC 2 to every Young male i see.

Why KK never stayed with their asian release beats me...

Hell-demon
10-08-08, 22:42
And having neocron in asia has nothing to do with you going to Tokyo and being a big japanaphile? :p

nobby
10-08-08, 23:44
just watching TV and how marketing works in japan made me come up with the idea, i don't care less if the game goes to japan or not.

Hell-demon
10-08-08, 23:57
Then why suggest the idea? :wtf:

flib
11-08-08, 00:23
It makes sense. It would make an excellent source of income, as long as they keep them off of the proper servers of course.

nobby
11-08-08, 01:44
Then why suggest the idea? :wtf:

Because for some reason i give a shit.

I keep my subscription going always, even though i don't play, to help source KK.

The forum is the only thing i really use.

Hell-demon
11-08-08, 02:39
I'd like to quote something that tgrkiller said on the tech havn network forums a long time ago. It was after 2.2 and the patch near christmas. I think it somes up a lot of players opinions of neocron's direction:

But 1 think i really dislike about neocron is that all changes are soooo big. i'v been playing eve for a bit now. like it thus far.. but with neocron they totally revamp the game time after time. they change so much and why. just to make people explorer and rebuild everything again ?

They would be way better off putting in new area's bring out another patch and just make the world alot bigger. instead of revamping so much every time. from nc1 to nc2. ok i could understand the faction changes there. it was "new" game. and you still could play nc1 if you wanted. but now.. damn first they change all imps weapons and what not.. ( they lost me there ) and now yea the changes are nice. and doy is left alone and all factions are back to their old homes. but why again a massive change. i kinda get the idea they don't know what to do no more and just overhaul the game so massivly to keep people interested.

imho. you should always have a good base.. leave that alone. and add new stuff and contect and worlds and what not. but imho kk are just doing the oposite of that. they change the base ( factions / guns / imps ) more then adding new grounds and stuff.

but thats my opinion. somewere i wanted to try the new stuff out. but on theother side. all my chars are still on nc 2.1 setups and can't use half their weapons implants or armor. so i won't bother.

Ishmael/Mystic
11-08-08, 11:04
Nc1, small patches every week or so, with new weps and from time to time some new missions/events.

DrRisk
11-08-08, 11:22
Revamp the mission system so you actually do quests with a storyline from the start of the game till you cap....You know....Make the terrible korean style grind Neocron is enjoyable.

Nidhogg
11-08-08, 11:36
Please use the brainport thread to make your suggestions.

N