PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for NC

Zheo
08-08-08, 14:17
Before I start - Do not flame me or this post please.

I've started playing WoW *waits for thunder and lightning* ...Yes I crossed into the dark side, mainly pressure from my wife to start playing another MMO and my reluctance to re-start NC again, but that's not way I'm making this post oh no I actually want to help Reakktor with a couple of stolen ideas;

Two things NC could do with one is fairly easy I think the other maybe impossible for technical reasons but never mind.

First - Recruit A Friend

Doing so on WoW gets you a free month and if they stay a cool mount (Horsie yey) They and you also get some misc bonuses eg: exp increase warp to a mate etc.

I think if NC did this it may actually help the population grow, my idea is

If you recruit a friend (get them to re-activate or a new account) You both get a free month, if they pay for 1 month you earn a new vehicle or a cool GM spawn only item maybe a woc disk? If they stay for three months, they get the same. This would help people actively try and nag their mates into playing, increase cash for KK and increase the population all it costs is a little work to set it up, and some free time & cool items. Not too much to ask right?

Okay second idea.

Role Play Server.

I mainly left NC because I'm an RP and I was constantly harassed for it, you know who you are, and your the reason I and my missus don't play NC congrats on that :D

If KK made a pure RP server where talking OOC (except on ooc channel) was a possible temp banable offence (like it is on wow rp servers) As well as harassing people rp'ing then I think I'd actually come back, as I said about this probably isn't possible but that doesn't mean it's not a good idea.

Oh and before I go I do expect you all to flame me for both this post and wow and the fact that I'm an RP'er but hell I'll probably only re-read this once or twice unless my interest perks up a bit.

Remember - I am just trying to help Reakktor out! This isn't a dig - GM's

Okran
08-08-08, 14:27
Recruit a friend should be rewarded yes I agree.

I think a roleplay server is a very bad idea in the current climate. This would simply just dilute the population of the servers too much. The sheer idea of a RP server in a mmorpg game seems a bit... well, silly really. If you wish to RP then just RP, what is stopping you doing this in the current server?

Riddle
08-08-08, 15:00
confused:confused: I roleplay some of my chars, most notably Logan, people can take it or leave it, some take the piss, other roleplayers find it a welcome break from the 133t chat.

some even actually take a break from their normal 133t speak and actually roleplay, then their off to OOC for more, i'm 133t3r than you, e-peni extension chat but they give it a whirl.

Because someone doesn't roleplay back who cares? let them play how they want to. your right one one point though, the only way for everyone you meet to roleplay is a RP server only, doubt we will ever see that in NC due to resources required to enforce the rules.

As for your resurect idea , free play for a m8 etc. not a bad idea but then it's now only €5 a month!! i mean i lose that on the way to the shops!! it's for nothing, maybe the spawn item would be more incentive.

Lets just hope with the current news the servers at least stay up!!

Good luck Zheo it was fun hiring you :p and thanks for those tags!

gstyle40
08-08-08, 18:32
a lot of other games offer free time if u can get a friend to come play. so i think that would be a good idea. as for rp, i dont see how rp or the lack there of would cause someone to leave. im no rp'er so i guess i just cant understand. anywho, i agree with ur suggestion on the refer a friend program, but not sure on the rp server thing

flib
08-08-08, 19:25
as for rp, i dont see how rp or the lack there of would cause someone to leave.
I think he said that he left because people harassed him because he rped.

Apocalypsox
08-08-08, 19:59
I always jump into RP when i see other people RPing >_> We don't need another server in the current state.

the recruit a friend thing might be a decent idea, but it would have to be implemented for Neocron, not like they did it with WoW. maybe a couple million credits to the referrer if the person stays or something. I don't know.

flib
08-08-08, 20:06
I wouldn't mind a WoC3 PA for referring someone. >_>

DrRisk
08-08-08, 21:20
<<insert Flame Here>>

Chosen One
08-08-08, 21:30
I thought RPing ment a mild form of cyber sex :confused:

Hell-demon
08-08-08, 22:29
It can be :D

Apocalypsox
08-08-08, 22:55
Ohh god...reminds me of Asurmen and Spermy in the same apartment for more than two minutes...

Hell-demon
09-08-08, 00:12
Just two minutes?

They got weak stamina.

Me?

I'm like a piston in an ocean liner.

silent000
09-08-08, 00:15
I roleplay a fucking cunt

Fega
09-08-08, 00:19
I roleplay a fucking cunt

Thats for sure.

The GM's attempted to run some RP events at one point. It was a jolly good laugh.

Asurmen Spec Op
09-08-08, 00:25
Before I start - Do not flame me or this post please.

I've started playing WoW *waits for thunder and lightning* ...Yes I crossed into the dark side, mainly pressure from my wife to start playing another MMO and my reluctance to re-start NC again, but that's not way I'm making this post oh no I actually want to help Reakktor with a couple of stolen ideas;

Two things NC could do with one is fairly easy I think the other maybe impossible for technical reasons but never mind.

First - Recruit A Friend

Doing so on WoW gets you a free month and if they stay a cool mount (Horsie yey) They and you also get some misc bonuses eg: exp increase warp to a mate etc.

I think if NC did this it may actually help the population grow, my idea is

If you recruit a friend (get them to re-activate or a new account) You both get a free month, if they pay for 1 month you earn a new vehicle or a cool GM spawn only item maybe a woc disk? If they stay for three months, they get the same. This would help people actively try and nag their mates into playing, increase cash for KK and increase the population all it costs is a little work to set it up, and some free time & cool items. Not too much to ask right?

Okay second idea.

Role Play Server.

I mainly left NC because I'm an RP and I was constantly harassed for it, you know who you are, and your the reason I and my missus don't play NC congrats on that :D

If KK made a pure RP server where talking OOC (except on ooc channel) was a possible temp banable offence (like it is on wow rp servers) As well as harassing people rp'ing then I think I'd actually come back, as I said about this probably isn't possible but that doesn't mean it's not a good idea.

Oh and before I go I do expect you all to flame me for both this post and wow and the fact that I'm an RP'er but hell I'll probably only re-read this once or twice unless my interest perks up a bit.

Remember - I am just trying to help Reakktor out! This isn't a dig - GM's
*Required WoW flame*
Anyways, with that out of the way.
Recruit a friend is a good idea.
However, RP server is a no go in my opinion.
Firstly: We do not have the pop for a split, period
Second: its a MMORPG, I never understood the RP and non RP servers, seems like a silly idea, if your RP can't deal with the crazy fucked up community of this game, change your RP.

And More like... 5min to you assholes :(

I would laugh if all those 'event crashing' people got sent to an unescapable room full of monsters.

gstyle40
09-08-08, 18:38
I would laugh if all those 'event crashing' people got sent to an unescapable room full of monsters.

that would be hilarious :p

-FN-
14-08-08, 01:20
While "Recruit a Friend" is a great idea in practice - Neocron is just one of those games that is big on multi-account players. The idea just may work at this point in the playerbase, but can you imagine if it were instituted early on? Everyone would have 15 "horsies" or whatever reward because of all the "friends" they signed up :lol:

Asurmen Spec Op
15-08-08, 16:53
While "Recruit a Friend" is a great idea in practice - Neocron is just one of those games that is big on multi-account players. The idea just may work at this point in the playerbase, but can you imagine if it were instituted early on? Everyone would have 15 "horsies" or whatever reward because of all the "friends" they signed up :lol:
I agree, but could it really be more exploited than the trial system is?