PDA

View Full Version : computer help

Jaffo
05-08-08, 19:40
I need a favour from you computer minded sex muffins. i need some pc help cause im rubbish.

on my computer, when i shut it down, it always says that it needs to install a windows update so when i hit shut down it installs it. it does this every time. yesterday i went to start > all programs > windowns update and checked to make sure i was up to date with the updates, which i was, however it still says i need to install an update when i shut down my machine. anyone know WTF this is about?

Also, the other day my headphones werent working, so i bought a new pair which work fine, now suddenly they dont work. i havent done nething to mute them as i never would want to, but there is a blue light on the headphones that should come on when their plugged in but this doenst come on any more. i have put them into a different usb slot but hasnt helped. any one know what my pc may be doing????

please help its so annoying having no sound

thanks

Doc Holliday
06-08-08, 20:06
i had it before ( the first problem ) with ms office. it wanted an update for it despite the fact i had uninstalled it. best thing is clean your system registry out and it should remove traces of old defunct programs. that should help.

google eusing free reg cleaner for a download. its a good one.

2nd part i have no idea.

edit. usb headphones lol. maybe get one that plugs in to a soundcard?

Ka0s^
07-08-08, 10:58
Im went to visit a friend yesterday who had exact same problem, it isnt an update to .net framework thats bugged by anychance is it? Anyway i fixed said error (wanted you to update, updated said done and then wanted to update again)

I just reinstalled the .net framework and it fixed it. As for your headset, try doing a system restore or liek has already been suggested get a good registry cleaner, run a virus/spyware sca and make sure all your drivers are up to date. Never hurts to do a bit of maintainance :) If you need any help just post on this thread im sure theres 100's of us that can help you with any problems ;)

Jaffo
07-08-08, 13:37
Thanks for your help, i have passed my computer to my IT team at work for them to have a look at to see if they can sort it out.

should they not have time to look at it i will have a go myself, just dont want to break my computer.