PDA

View Full Version : Do these 3 things in Neocron have any use at all?

Izeo
05-08-08, 04:16
Three somewhat unrelated things; I'd like to know if there is any use for them.

1.) Deutrithium. It's one of the chemicals you find commonly in crates etc, along with Arillium, Metal D, Solantium, Meritium, Tiberal, and Tripantol. However, Deutrithium doesn't seem to have a recipe of junk to create it.. For example you can make Solantium with recycle by combining 4x Chitin, and you can make Tripantol with 3x Glass, 3x Big flesh, and 1x Wood.. but there doesn't seem to be any way to make Deutrithium. Even weirder, Deutrithium doesn't seem to be used in making ANYTHING. Weapon parts, armor parts etc can be made from chemicals (with recycling again), but if I pull up a recycling recipe list, every other chemical EXCEPT Deutrithium is used. I just can't find any need for this chemical at all... it's confusing. Is there any use for it besides just selling it to Cryton's or Yo's?

2.) Computer Junk. Just as Deutrithium is not used in any recipe to create and construction parts, Computer Junk doesn't seem to be used in any recipe to create... anything. You can use junk like glass, metalplate, metalpipes, wood, poisonglands etc, to make chemicals and some low-level weapons and armors. Every single junk piece in the game is used, except for computer junk it seems. I actually find it very strange that computer junk isn't used in any recipes, because if you look at it, it looks like an old processor or something, surely being a sci-fi game there should be some item that could use an old computer processor in a recipe, lol. Is there any use for computer junk anywhere in the entire game, besides giving x249 of them to the npc Zippy?

3.) Zippy - auction parts. When my friend and I played before, we'd sometimes keep Wood if we found some and we gave 249 wood to Zippy, for an "auction ticket" which was an item called "#WSX 795" I think. Is this GM Auction still active, or are these WSX 795 thingies completely worthless now? Because I have 3 or 4 of them I think.

Thanks for reading and for any information.

Apocalypsox
05-08-08, 04:49
As far as i know, the Deut might be used in some drugs, and computer junk is useless, and the Gm auctions still happen on the rare occasion. Not so much since Black Prophecy though.

Riddle
05-08-08, 09:57
Computer Junk is just that - No use for anything other than dropping inside a belt you hack ;)

Deut chem, never found a use for it.

Zippy parts, you never know the GM auction may happen again, one day so your parts could have value, although you may need a load more than 3 or 4!

Doc Holliday
05-08-08, 14:07
Computer Junk is just that - No use for anything other than dropping inside a belt you hack ;)

Zippy parts, you never know the GM auction may happen again, one day so your parts could have value, although you may need a load more than 3 or 4!

computer junk assists you in fleecing a person who has just handed over their rare parts for you to ress en masse and hasnt bothered to give a decent tip. you substitute the parts you need for computer junk trade the stuff over to them then laugh and log off.

otherwise its useless :)

Bozz-Von Mel
05-08-08, 22:50
Best use I ever found for computer junk was this:

1. Gather a couple hundred, keep in inventory.

2. Place 1 researched or un-researched rare part in your inventory.

3. Go to Plaza 1 and stand in a high place above plaza floor.

4. Announce on trade that you are throwing rare parts onto plaza floor.

5. Wait for people to show up.

6. Begin tossing the computer junk in the air and sometime during this toss the rare as well.

Izeo
06-08-08, 00:17
As far as i know, the Deut might be used in some drugs, and computer junk is useless, and the Gm auctions still happen on the rare occasion. Not so much since Black Prophecy though.

Computer Junk is just that - No use for anything other than dropping inside a belt you hack

Thanks for the info. Do you have any link about Deutrithium being used to create medical parts? The only one I could find is this page (http://www.sheriff-hardy.de/Parts.htm), but the recipes for the actual medical parts are empty, lol. I couldn't even find medical part recipes on techhaven.org.. weird.

So I might as well keep the auction parts then. I guess I'll keep using computer junk to get them too. Riddle, you said I'd need more than 3 or 4 for them to have value - how many would I need about? I will most likely not actually use them for the auction itself, and will probably try and trade them to players in case you're wondering.

computer junk assists you in fleecing a person who has just handed over their rare parts for you to ress en masse and hasnt bothered to give a decent tip. you substitute the parts you need for computer junk trade the stuff over to them then laugh and log off.

otherwise its useless :)

Best use I ever found for computer junk was this:

1. Gather a couple hundred, keep in inventory.

2. Place 1 researched or un-researched rare part in your inventory.

3. Go to Plaza 1 and stand in a high place above plaza floor.

4. Announce on trade that you are throwing rare parts onto plaza floor.

5. Wait for people to show up.

6. Begin tossing the computer junk in the air and sometime during this toss the rare as well.

lol, I was actually thinking about the second thing, except without throwing the actual rare part, it'd be too mean though lol

Riddle
06-08-08, 11:18
Medical parts, OMG talk about on of the least used items in game, I have never used them EVER in the 5 years i been playing.

In fact also Weapon Mod parts, no one builds them everyone just buys the mod.

MNPU parts cannot be researched so cannot be built via chems etc.

If your tight for cash it's easier to grab a barter to buy chemicals for you instead of recycle as it's more hassle and costs around the same.

Unfortunately the cost difference on buying to recycling is all wrong, if people are going to take the time to recycle junk into useable items the incentive needs to be there, and it isn't.

The only aspect to recycling that isn't dead is the cloning of ammo, boosters or the recycling of 2xparts to gain 1x next part up. i.e. 2xWeap Part 7 = Weap Part 8. Useful if you can't build them also if you can't get a Biotech FSM in the case of implant parts, the low parts can be found in crates, recycle them up the chain.

Check here (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Talk:Recycle) for a list of recycle recipes, some more on the article page, work in progress mind you. but if you discover anything then please feel free to add http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/smile.gif

as a sidenote, Sherrif is a little out of date so i would be careful there, KK re-jigged things like vehicle parts some time ago, so not sure if the componentpart makeup is correct, in fact i would bet it's wrong.

The zippy parts are kind of a running joke at the GM auctions, as a certain well known clan collected sooooo many, no single person could really match their offers. It was suggested a new format be used to allow single runners a chance but it wasn't taken forward yet.

Either trade them or throw them in a cab for a rainy day http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/tongue.gif

danmalone
06-08-08, 11:22
Aye, the last auction (when gold pa's were rare :p) Sonike bidded over 100 of those tokens to secure himself the PA 8|

Think someone worked out that the exact amount of wood that was needed to get em as being near 53,000 bits of wood :eek:

Not bad for 1 person? :wtf:

Izeo
06-08-08, 14:44
Medical parts, OMG talk about on of the least used items in game, I have never used them EVER in the 5 years i been playing.

In fact also Weapon Mod parts, no one builds them everyone just buys the mod.

MNPU parts cannot be researched so cannot be built via chems etc.

If your tight for cash it's easier to grab a barter to buy chemicals for you instead of recycle as it's more hassle and costs around the same.

Unfortunately the cost difference on buying to recycling is all wrong, if people are going to take the time to recycle junk into useable items the incentive needs to be there, and it isn't.

The only aspect to recycling that isn't dead is the cloning of ammo, boosters or the recycling of 2xparts to gain 1x next part up. i.e. 2xWeap Part 7 = Weap Part 8. Useful if you can't build them also if you can't get a Biotech FSM in the case of implant parts, the low parts can be found in crates, recycle them up the chain.

Check here (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Talk:Recycle) for a list of recycle recipes, some more on the article page, work in progress mind you. but if you discover anything then please feel free to add http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/smile.gif

as a sidenote, Sherrif is a little out of date so i would be careful there, KK re-jigged things like vehicle parts some time ago, so not sure if the componentpart makeup is correct, in fact i would bet it's wrong.

The zippy parts are kind of a running joke at the GM auctions, as a certain well known clan collected sooooo many, no single person could really match their offers. It was suggested a new format be used to allow single runners a chance but it wasn't taken forward yet.

Either trade them or throw them in a cab for a rainy day http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/tongue.gif
My friend and I love recycling lol, we collect junk from crates and turn them into chemicals, and either res/cst medium TL weaponparts with chemicals (hey, it's skill xp and you get a part), or we just do the "recycle two Weaponpart 3's into one Part 4" thing. Also, those newbie armors aren't actually so bad. Leather skin has no negative side effects and the metalplated vest is pretty decent if you're fighting mutants, since it's frc/prc. :) This is mainly what spawned the questions of why is Deutrithium and computer junk not used in any recipes like every other thing you find in crates.

Aye, the last auction (when gold pa's were rare :p) Sonike bidded over 100 of those tokens to secure himself the PA 8|

Think someone worked out that the exact amount of wood that was needed to get em as being near 53,000 bits of wood :eek:

Not bad for 1 person? :wtf:
Hmm, so they use about 100 of those auction parts per item bidding? Or more? Geez.. >_>

zii
27-08-08, 22:59
My friend and I love recycling lol, we collect junk from crates and turn them into chemicals...

My pet camel shat acid when I read this! You are one machocistic man.