PDA

View Full Version : Getting a copy?

Prodigious
03-08-08, 19:58
Yeah hi people. No idea how many people still play this game or what kinda hella state my chars would be in if i logged in (i had a private eye that used to get drugged up in the old xray suit and run around with a FL) but im so tempted to get back in at least for a month to see what it all looks like. But i dont know how to get on the bloody game, i think i still have original nc disc and i got the nc2 upgrade thing (that UI was horrible did it stay the same?).

But i dont know the easiest way to get a copy of nc2 running now...
Any help?

Prodigious
03-08-08, 20:05
I didnt look very hard i just found the full client download on neocron page :o

james_finn
03-08-08, 20:21
Yeah hi people. No idea how many people still play this game or what kinda hella state my chars would be in if i logged in (i had a private eye that used to get drugged up in the old xray suit and run around with a FL) but im so tempted to get back in at least for a month to see what it all looks like. But i dont know how to get on the bloody game, i think i still have original nc disc and i got the nc2 upgrade thing (that UI was horrible did it stay the same?).

But i dont know the easiest way to get a copy of nc2 running now...
Any help?

The UI was allowed to be changed last Christmas, there are a few which have been officially sanctioned to be allowed to be used. I got half way through making a windows version, but its very time consuming.

If you need any help with how things have changed, then may I recommend the wiki (http://wiki.techhaven.org) and also the techhaven item database (as all the requirements were changed in the 2.2 upgrade).

Enjoy your time back in Neocron runner,

/Delphi

Prodigious
03-08-08, 20:23
Gotta be honest the thought scares me, im not too sure whether it may be easier to jsut start a new character :/ is it easy to transfer credits between characters or anything? I think the original Prodigious was a bit screwed with the nc1/nc2 transfer...

james_finn
03-08-08, 20:27
Gotta be honest the thought scares me, im not too sure whether it may be easier to jsut start a new character :/ is it easy to transfer credits between characters or anything? I think the original Prodigious was a bit screwed with the nc1/nc2 transfer...

There is no easy way to transfer credits, you either need a second account, a clan fund you can both deposit and remove from or a trustworthy person. If you haven't played since the launch of Neocron 2 then I think you need to email help desk and ask nicely for them to transfer your characters across, as I dont think that the web interface works any more (you can always try on the launcher).

As for being screwed you will only have the equipment you were carrying when the snapshot was taken at the end of Neocron 1, no appartments, and all epic items were removed. (Also certain pieces of equipment you may find turned into milky rens - as they were removed from the game).If its skill points you are worried about then they were reset during the 2.2 upgrade, so you will need to respec all your characters.

/Delphi

William Antrim
03-08-08, 20:29
They gave us a skill reset prod, you will be fine. Just dont spend your points until youve worked the game out a little, or make friends with the loms again!

Welcome back. There are a few old uranian players around still afaik and my brother is toying with reactivation. I dont get any time to play unfortunately as 6 days a week I am on a base with no internet. :(

Prodigious
03-08-08, 20:40
I think i chose some rather awful head for my avatar, and if it dont look good, it aint gonna play good. Im bloody vain, is there any way of changing it? Skill reset sounds nice, ill have to get familiar with it. Seems like this might be a nice break from the WoW grind every now and again, you cant beat shooting stuff can you.... :D

Doc Holliday
05-08-08, 14:11
I think i chose some rather awful head for my avatar, and if it dont look good, it aint gonna play good. Im bloody vain, is there any way of changing it? Skill reset sounds nice, ill have to get familiar with it. Seems like this might be a nice break from the WoW grind every now and again, you cant beat shooting stuff can you.... :D

LOL!

Hows it goin prod. lol. another old face. im indeed toying with gettin my acc resubbed. I will try if i can have some time to play as im pretty broke at the mo. just moved house and have no money to do alot. :(