PDA

View Full Version : having problems, need help

smetlar
27-07-08, 21:51
having big problems on getting the NC launcher to connect to internet..i can start the game if i don't use the launcher, but cannot connect to any servers and such, and i'm not able to patch up the game to the latest patch without the launcher..:(

i've tryed to change the IP in Updater.Ini file, and used another port... if anyone have had the same problems, please tell me how u fixed it..

i've even tryed to turn off all firewall protections and such, still don't work

hoping for quick help

Mighty Max
27-07-08, 22:09
Check this sticky thread: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=142574

smetlar
27-07-08, 22:17
still don't work...:( just stuck in launcher when i press "play NC" just say: connecting to server. but nothing else happens...

smetlar
27-07-08, 23:57
SOCKMGR : The remote address is not a valid address, for example, ADDR_ANY.
SOCKETMGR : connect failed
SOCKMGR : The remote address is not a valid address, for example, ADDR_ANY.
SOCKETMGR : connect failed

this is the error message i can find in neocron2\logs\error

that help anyone?

Mighty Max
28-07-08, 00:56
This is exactly the problem linked. And it is fixed if you follow either the instructions closely or using the Tool posted in that thread.

You need to ensure that you will no longer get the old IP address.
You need to repeat the steps until you get the 83.... IP when you ping launcher.neocron.com if you get 62.... do it again.

After that, start the launcher, don't use a launcher that has been open while retrieving the correct IP.

smetlar
28-07-08, 01:32
i've done everything there..followed all the steps there...still won't let me connect...and its really annoying :\

can it have something with the local port thats been changed? ore something?

21079 is the port thats there now....what port do u use?

smetlar
28-07-08, 01:37
NETMGR : Wrong protocol : Pos: 1 SendPos: 1 RecvChar:102 OwnChar:115
NETMGR : Wrong protocol : Pos: 1 SendPos: 3 RecvChar:104 OwnChar:115

also some errors i found

smetlar
28-07-08, 02:27
nevermind....i changed the port in the updater.ini file until i found one that worked..so now i'm good to go :) thanks for the help :)

silent000
28-07-08, 03:04
This thread may not be closed without my permission!

SorkZmok
28-07-08, 10:11
Smetlar!

Probably the sexiest voice i've ever heard on vent. I guess its the accent. :angel:

Hell, i really need to get back to NC. :(

terraman
28-07-08, 17:58
problem solved so hopefully going off topic isn't a crime punishable by death :p

yes Kapow you really do need to come back to teh cron :P since the server was moved the population has increased from like 4-8% at peak to 12-17% at peak.. there's now 5 active op fighting clans being afterdark (tangent, 15-25 players generally), 85 (TG, 10+ generally), 12 monkeys (tsunami, 5-10 sometimes more), 19 (BD, 5-10 sometimes more) and now r2k (FA, 10+ most of the times i've seen, they've been back about a week)

smetlar
28-07-08, 23:02
hehe..ye we can go off topic now:P. and ye kid kapow! its been years since i've spoken to u now...! :\ u need to come back, and help me set up my chars again...i can't do anything atm..looking for setups for apu\ppu pistol spy and maybe a hn spy