PDA

View Full Version : Are bugs still being fixed?

Lambchops
23-07-08, 19:04
I'm asking this because I don't see it asked anywhere else and the bug with ranks not lowering is really hurting my chances to get trophy's. So I either have to use my fists to kill anything << or less or deal with not getting that trophy.

aKe`cj
23-07-08, 19:13
the rate of bug fixing has been persistant for the last year or so.. :)

Setlec
23-07-08, 19:14
hmmm some have been fixed others not... Many bugs from NC 1 up to NC 2.1 are still here...

CMaster
23-07-08, 20:00
To the best of our knowledge, development work on Neocron has ceased in favour of Black Prophecy.

It is hard to forsee a situation, save the spectacular failure of BP that will result in this situation ever changing.

Nidhogg
23-07-08, 21:51
Suspended, not ceased.

N

CMaster
23-07-08, 22:19
Suspended, not ceased.

N

Fine then, suspended. But honestly, under what situation would it ever be resumed again?
Once BP hits beta, there will be loads of bugs encountered. Once it hits retail, there will still be bugs, be new exploits and there will be the ever-present demand to keep patching in new content, keep bringing forth the feature hyped up pre-launch that didn't quite make it to release.

With the new, big budget and hopefully higher playercount game demanding all the resources that it can be fed, at what time do you allocate them away to the game very few people play any more and probably only just break even after server and support costs?

Setlec
24-07-08, 03:59
CMaster is right we (NC players) will not see the light of whatever again, coming from KK as they will spend their time ok BP! Could KK create a special license for coders to work on NC while the KK works on the BP project?

"special license" i mean the Comunity Coders (Cē) will have to sign a NDA like that KK would not lose their code or anything related to NC and there Hidden technologies. But in exchange KK have to grant them no restriction on the source code and gives advantages to the Cē. That could work pretty good.

What do you think? kk could you answer that? i don't really want to see a reply from the GMs or MODs but a reply from the DEVs or even the CEO...

Sharper Blade
24-07-08, 06:36
good luck with that, we dont even exist in kk's thoughts anymore

james_finn
24-07-08, 08:56
CMaster is right we (NC players) will not see the light of whatever again, coming from KK as they will spend their time ok BP! Could KK create a special license for coders to work on NC while the KK works on the BP project?

"special license" i mean the Comunity Coders (Cē) will have to sign a NDA like that KK would not lose their code or anything related to NC and there Hidden technologies. But in exchange KK have to grant them no restriction on the source code and gives advantages to the Cē. That could work pretty good.

What do you think? kk could you answer that? i don't really want to see a reply from the GMs or MODs but a reply from the DEVs or even the CEO...

Setlec this has been suggested many times in the past and the answer has always been the same, that it would require too many resources to set up, remember that any changes to the code would require a dev to check and agree too before the patch could even been considered. Therefore its probably likely that KK would have to have one person solely working on the changes the community makes.

Plus how do you plan to distinguish from allowing people who want to change the code for the better, from people who just want to put back holes in the code so they can exploit better?

Open Source is a fine idea, but doesnt work with MMO's.

/Delphi

Asurmen Spec Op
24-07-08, 23:19
I'm sure NC's code is so tangled by now that you'd need an army of code monkies to fix anything.

Setlec
25-07-08, 04:08
Well James, it's true that many ppl already suggested this kind of possibility... Open source wasn't what meant tbh, and yes Open Source doesn't apply on MMOGs. It's just a shame that KK ceased their investment on this game. I think that KK only use the monthly fee to maintain NC and at the sametime to invest on BP... they could at least leave one or two dev for us! instead of cease activity for NC.