PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne Film

Hell-demon
12-07-08, 14:38
Oh dear

Payneful (http://dev.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53528)

Here is the trailer for the upcoming next video game film flop.

NAPPER
12-07-08, 14:42
Oh dear

Payneful (http://dev.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53528)

Here is the trailer for the upcoming next video game film flop.

there is two films i am waiting for to come out one is the new X-Files film next month and the other is a WOW one thats due out end of 2009.

Hell-demon
12-07-08, 14:46
Oh well, at least it's not being done by Uwe Boll.

Nidhogg
12-07-08, 14:54
I bought those two games off of Steam a couple of months ago. Absolutely brilliant. Not convinced about the film...

N

Reaction77
12-07-08, 16:47
It will never be as good as the games, but its still worth watching I think.

Riddle
12-07-08, 20:06
I played Max Payne for Hours and hours just to interact with the enviroment, I absolutely loved that game! Was the first game i played with the whole new concept like Half Life 2.

My god how far games have come since my first ever experience with Chuckie Egg on the BBC Micro!!

Nidhogg
12-07-08, 20:15
Dun dun dun dun Duun duun duuun dun dun duuuuuun.

Good music, too.

N

zii
12-07-08, 20:22
Dun dun dun dun Duun duun duuun dun dun duuuuuun.

Good music, too.

N

I though Chuckie Egg was more blip bleep blip...

landofcake
13-07-08, 01:30
Am i the only one who thinks the trailer looks quite good? It's one of the only games i can think of that seems ripe for a good game to film transition including alot of action.

I always thought the Hartigan sections of Sin City felt very Max Payne esque.

Hell-demon
13-07-08, 02:03
Ruined by Max running with folders and essentially tripping up.

nobby
13-07-08, 04:13
I had a friend who i've not seen for five years... who looked just like him and sounded just like him...

I'm really disappointed by the trailer :(

Flub900
15-07-08, 17:53
I had a friend who i've not seen for five years... who looked just like him and sounded just like him...

you mean Mark Wahlberg?

wow Ludacris is in this too. this looks like its gonna be a sick movie, cant wait.

Hell-demon
15-07-08, 18:01
Name one good video game film.

Zefrian
15-07-08, 18:02
yeah ... playing 'Max Payne' was amazing. I enjoyed playing it in a darkened room with earphones. And .. by the way ... if you did'nt played the hardest difficulty degree ... do it: The end of the story is another there.

Jodo
15-07-08, 18:12
Name one good video game film.

Doom and Silent Hill. I like the look of the Max Payne trailer too. I think Postal would've been a great film if it had been released.

nellus
15-07-08, 18:27
Doom and Silent Hill. I like the look of the Max Payne trailer too. I think Postal would've been a great film if it had been released.

Doom a good film based on a game ? you must have seen a different version to me.

I did tink Resident Evil was a good attempt though.

Hell-demon
15-07-08, 18:36
Crap done by Uwe Boll does not deserve a mention.

No.

All video game movies suck!

If Hollywood runs out of ideas they make this piece of shit.

nobby
15-07-08, 20:34
those who think it's looking good... Tell me what's good about it please !

Asurmen Spec Op
15-07-08, 21:49
If this movie sucks I will do violence upon those who made it O_O

Prom_STar
15-07-08, 22:19
Max Payne is a good candidate for translation to film. The preview looks solid, but I'm confused by the demon-things. I really hope those are supposed to be Max's hallucination. If hell or the supernatural is actually involved the film will be pure rubbish.

Doom failed as a movie for two reasons. 1.) they left out hell (equivalent to a Half Life movie with no crowbar). 2.) the BFG is fired twice...and misses both times.

Archtemplar
15-07-08, 22:36
If you enter a movie, like I did Doom, with very low expectations, sometimes you may be pleasantly surprised.

It wasn't the greatest movie ever, but it was certainly entertaining. One thing you always must do is divorce the idea that the video games will even come reasonably close to the original game plot.

Uwe Boll, however, is just garbage.

Nidhogg
15-07-08, 23:17
Silent Hill was flawed, too. I like this guy's review (http://www.filmfocus.co.uk/review.asp?ReviewID=20661) of it. ;) Incidentally, that site was built and owned by an ex-Neocron GM who now works for Rotten Tomatoes.

N

naimex
15-07-08, 23:33
Silent Hill was flawed, too. I like this guy's review (http://www.filmfocus.co.uk/review.asp?ReviewID=20661) of it. ;) Incidentally, that site was built and owned by an ex-Neocron GM who now works for Rotten Tomatoes.

N

I sense sparks ;)

<3

j/k ofc.

Anyways, i thought "Doom", "Silent Hill" and all of the "Resident Evil" movies were goog.

Then again the only one of those I played as a game was the doom series (all the doom games).

As for the max payne film.. I haven't watched the trailer yet, but I fear that they will ruin it.

They'll either be making a poor matrix clone or a movie that has nothing to do with the game, those are my fears.

Doc Holliday
16-07-08, 01:03
i think it might actually make the cross over quite well dudes.

dark_reaper
16-07-08, 04:57
Crap done by Uwe Boll does not deserve a mention.

All video game movies suck!

I agree. Doom sucked, resident evil sucks, silent hill sucks, hell they all suck!

Mc.Neill
16-07-08, 10:36
Hey but think about... HITMAN ... That one was ok or not ? :)

BTW: You know what would be a cool film :P NEOCRON xD

The Storyline + The Story which we have been written with our playing ;)

greeetz*Neill*

Riddle
16-07-08, 11:07
No one liked "Hit Man"?

I thought that jumped from game to screen fairly nicely, but then with all that precision killing and a beer in hand, what wouldn't look good?

Hell-demon
16-07-08, 12:46
The casting is all wrong.

Meg from Family Guy is playing the moody femme fatale Mona Sax.

Great call :rolleyes:

rob444
16-07-08, 18:43
Oh well, at least it's not being done by Uwe Boll.

I'll give you my signed poster from Uwe Boll, I don't want it!

Jodo
17-07-08, 01:50
The casting is all wrong.

Meg from Family Guy is playing the moody femme fatale Mona Sax.

Great call :rolleyes:

You do know she Doesn't actually look like Meg from the cartoon right? If so, whats the problem? Mila Kunis is a hot looking chick.

Hell-demon
17-07-08, 02:03
Until she opens her mouth and then she whines like a cheerleader on her period.

We need a real woman to play mona.

This film will suck balls and can be found in your bargain bin not far from now.