PDA

View Full Version : is it no longer possible?

Jaffo
11-07-08, 15:05
when i played nc1, if i died i would go to plaza, log a char from my other account and poke the char that died (i could do it so fast that the char that died was still on screen).

for some reason, when i try to log on to another char from my other account, it gets stuck in sync until the char from the other account has logged off.

it seems strange, but can i not log onto a second account within a set timeframe (like logging another char from the same account, you have to wait for the first char to properly log off)

Brammers
11-07-08, 15:28
Yeah, you have to make a 2nd copy of the NC2 folder, and change the localport settings on both installs, so they are not the same.

Jaffo
11-07-08, 16:26
what you talking about willis

Riddle
11-07-08, 16:48
This can be done but it's a bit hit and miss tbh. As Brammers suggests duel Log.

In this case you run two instances of the neocron client, both logged in with diefferent accounts.

Simply copy the entire NC directory to another folder e.g. "neocron 2 copy".
Then start client as usual and log in.

Alt tab and select the start up icon in the new copy2 folder and start again. Hit configuration and change the local port number to something else. then login with your second account.

Alt Tab between screens to use each char.

Hey Presto easy trade and poke :)

Jaffo
11-07-08, 16:57
ok thats well complicated and i well dont understand, all i used to do was log off account 1, and log straight onto account 2 (my username for both accounts only differs by 1 letter so all i had to do was press delete once and then i could log straight on)

never had to do anything like that before

Mighty Max
11-07-08, 16:59
It doesn't (or shouldn't have worked at any time) work with the same account. The account is blocked on the server for 40secs from the time he drops the server connection.

For two accounts, this should still be still possible on one install if you have NOT set a fix userport.

Archtemplar
11-07-08, 19:01
I was always able to dual log by simply switching the port of the second client as it was loading...

darkmage
11-07-08, 19:31
If you have 2 accounts yes it still can be done, just have to be fast about it.

Jaffo
13-07-08, 20:10
thats what i do but i still get stuck in sync, it takes me 3 attempts to log a char from another account

Mighty Max
13-07-08, 22:10
Well, then it is obviously time to bring back life into the art of service.

Jaffo
15-07-08, 13:27
what????

i still cant do this.

could it be that in nc1 i used neo launcher pro??? where as in nc2 i use the normal one? i dont know what it is but its very annoying having to wait a while to log a char from another account

Mighty Max
15-07-08, 13:49
what????

You know, this seemingly unwanted interaction with other players with the goal to be serviced with a trade skill.

In this case: Go and find a freaking poker.
It wouldn't be near that difficult to find one as to dual log if ppl would finally discover (again) that a demand and respect for tradeskillers other then dual log bitches would open this as a market and attract other players.

Jaffo
15-07-08, 15:16
yes but when you search for ages for a poker its very annoying spamming trade or what ever trying to convice some one to log a poker

Mighty Max
15-07-08, 15:20
See, that is a problem.
Noone will play a poker if everyone will just dual log or - if a poker is handy - just move along without any word in exchange for the service.

Since you are obviously stuck with dual logging anyways, take it as your personal chance chance to revive player to player poking.