PDA

View Full Version : concering connectivity problems after server relocation

Tharos
09-07-08, 14:10
Due to the game server relocation the ip adresses have also changed.

But this changes do not reach all people at the same time.

In order to enforce the address update, you may reboot your operating system, or - in Windows - do the following actions:

Click on [Start]
[Run] or [Execute] (however this is called in an english version of windows)
type in "cmd" and click [ok] then type the following: ipconfig /flushdns
Ensure, that you will get the new address after that:

C:\>ping launcher.neocron.com

Ping dowel.neocron.com [83.236.174.250] mit 32 Bytes Daten:

You may also try to restart local routers for your internet access.

After that the Launcher and the game should run again.

Xeno LARD
09-07-08, 15:28
If that doesn't work try this.

Click Start -> Run and type into the box

notepad %windir%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Then press OK.

Add to the bottom:

83.236.174.250 launcher.neocron.com ssl.neocron.com

And click File->Save.

Close Notepad and run ipconfig /flushdns as outlined above.

naimex
09-07-08, 17:22
Is there a reason why the only action I can do in the account management, is to cancel my subscription, even though it can see that it's already cancelled?

EDIT:

My account is cancelled, I can only cancel it, I cant re-activate it, but I can login...

CMaster
09-07-08, 17:47
You can't reactivate until your paid time is up, Naimex.

T'Pol
09-07-08, 17:47
I did all the procedures described here and i can login to the servers without a problem BUT the account manager site is not working and gives me a nasty network timeout message.

Edit:
Problem solved i just had to enter ssl.neocron.com into the hosts file aswell.

naimex
09-07-08, 17:50
You can't reactivate until your paid time is up, Naimex.

Username: naimex
Forum Access
This account is set to PayPal payment.

PayPal Subscription ID: ###REMOVED###

PayPal Subscription Status: cancel

Only option is to cancel... when I press cancel it says i have no active subscriptions...

CMaster
09-07-08, 17:55
Forum Access

Only option is to cancel... when I press cancel it says i have no active subscriptions...

Once again - unil the time you have paid for has run out, you can't do anything else.
Seeing as you can still get in game, we can summarise that you haven't reached that point yet.

Nidhogg
09-07-08, 18:02
Naimex, can you create a new thread to discuss this? It's not related to server connectivity problems. Thanks. Oh, and hit up account@neocron.com - they have access to all the backend systems again now.

N

zombie23
12-07-08, 14:02
Forum Access

I have the exact same problem with one of my account, but i canceld it threw paypal. and it says

PayPal Subscription Status: running

but when i try and log in it tells me that my account is expired.
and the only option is to cancel when i already did last month!!

i emailed account@neocron.com about it, and they told me to wait !
wait for ??

Marc Hoover
12-07-08, 17:04
For all who have problems while connecting to Neocron:

uneX DNS Assistant (http://launcher.ultimate-networx.net/beta/dnschanger.rar)

Note:
- This software is only tested on MY machine.
- The Neocron client should be terminated
- You should run this utility with full admin rights

zii
12-07-08, 20:18
Are you certain about that IP address. It looks like you round robin the two servers:

root@mypc:/etc# nslookup dowel.neocron.com
Server: nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn
Address: nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: dowel.neocron.com
Address: 62.140.29.49
Name: dowel.neocron.com
Address: 83.236.174.250

One is down and one is not, as shown below from the two pings:

root@mypc:/etc# ping launcher.neocron.com
PING dowel.neocron.com (83.236.174.250) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from irata.reakktor.com (83.236.174.250): icmp_seq=1 ttl=51 time=83.5 ms
64 bytes from irata.reakktor.com (83.236.174.250): icmp_seq=2 ttl=51 time=83.3 ms

root@mypc:/etc# ping 62.140.29.49
PING 62.140.29.49 (62.140.29.49) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- 62.140.29.49 ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 2008ms

danmalone
21-07-08, 20:26
Why is it i find myself doing the flushdns thing multiple times every time i switch my pc on to get access to the launcher page?

Ive saved the thing in the hosts file as sum1 suggested but im still having lots of trouble connecting to the launcher :confused:

NAPPER
22-07-08, 01:59
The only problem i ahve been having is a few Lag Spikes now and again but they only last from anything between 2 seconds and 10 seconds thats about it :)

Riddle
30-07-08, 22:56
However many times i flush the DNS and try to ping the launcher i still get this
:- Ping statistics for 62.140.29.49 at 100% loss

I can play the game as the launcher and updater use the 83. address but i still can't access the your account? Anyone can help? or i'll have to email support.

Load
31-07-08, 11:26
i'm still having trouble connecting to the game server, ive done all of the above thing but still get stuck at 'connecting to game server' after clicking Play Neocron 2 in the launcher, is there anything else i can do?

danmalone
31-07-08, 12:32
Usually when it gets stuck there i do the ipconfig /flushdns again and then quit out of the launcher and do it again and it works 1st time.

This definately needs fixing really. Expecting paying customers to mess around with command prompt just to get in the game is out of order really. Is this on the list of things to fix? :confused:

Also need to fix the 'your account' aswell :(

Load
31-07-08, 12:48
still not doing anything for me, flushed dns about a million times and restarted my pc about 10 times and still zip :(

Jaffo
31-07-08, 13:24
I get this all the time (if your problem is the same as mine)
what i have to do before i play nc is press ctrl alt delete, go to to processed and end all i-tunes stuff and steam.

then i can play dont know if that will help you, i have also heard that nc does not like steam so maybe just try ending that if you have it.

Load
31-07-08, 14:00
ok well i used the uneX DNS changer and it seems to have change stuff like the launcher is now all about BP and KK recruiting people but now i cant find a server to select in the drop down menu?

ancient
30-08-08, 13:38
i cant connect at all to the nc server ... the launcher comes up but is blank and when i hit play .. the auto updater comes up but is auso blank .. whats going on?