PDA

View Full Version : ppu question...

Bob Saget
08-07-08, 15:48
is it possible to cast psi combat booster on yourself?

Squirrel
08-07-08, 15:52
Nope ;(

Bob Saget
08-07-08, 15:53
ok thanks.. was trying to figure out how to make a hybrid, with fire apoc, and blessed heal =\ guess its not possible

CMaster
08-07-08, 15:54
Nope. Too circular and too hybrid boosting (although hybrids could do with a boost these days).

Bob Saget
08-07-08, 16:00
i just worked up a setup, where you can get off blessed spells, and holy lightning.. would that be worth making a character for though?

Neallys
08-07-08, 16:01
Just to realize you get raped in 2 secs and don't deal damage for shit, well, no, it's not worth it :P

CMaster
08-07-08, 16:05
i just worked up a setup, where you can get off blessed spells, and holy lightning.. would that be worth making a character for though?

I'd be interested in seeing that setup - Nskill? Does it use drugs or PA swapping?
I had a beam/blessed hybrid for a while. Shitsucked.

Saiyuki-
08-07-08, 18:31
ah man i want my hybrid back :S

Apocalypsox
08-07-08, 18:45
I always liked playing my hybrid >_> They were alot more versatile and easy to solo than a pure APU or PPU like we are stuck with today

tobiwahn
08-07-08, 18:48
ok thanks.. was trying to figure out how to make a hybrid, with fire apoc, and blessed heal =\ guess its not possible

with pa switch and drugs should this setup be no problem

Bob Saget
08-07-08, 18:57
I'd be interested in seeing that setup - Nskill? Does it use drugs or PA swapping?
I had a beam/blessed hybrid for a while. Shitsucked.

Apu pa, no taking off, and you need 2 drugs (for the focusing... 5min and 10 min psi drugs from vendor)

Riddle
09-07-08, 10:45
I tried a fair few combinations for a hybrid and it just doesn't cut it as it used to :(

I levelled as a hybrid, stayed hybrid with insane combat rank, them went PPU i got an APU who is now a resser :p until they fix that class imo

terraman
09-07-08, 11:08
The main thing nerfing hybrids now is the difference between being pure ppu and casting shields on yourself and trying it with a combat skill specced over a certain amount (50 or 75 i belive)
Self-Cast shields aren't as strong as ppu self cast shields if you have a combat skill specced..
so basicly your hybrid has no advantages over an apu/ppu combo, your shields wont be as strong as the ppu cast ones and you wont do as much damage either.. (and that's with pa swapping)

StevenJ
09-07-08, 11:21
Dan Watts has a viable hybrid apparently, that he could PvP with... he says he'll put it into NSkill when zee Wattses (finally... :rolleyes: ) return