PDA

View Full Version : Detailled information about the new subscription fees

SnowCrash
07-07-08, 13:25
Since July, 1st, 2008 the new Neocron 2 subscriptions fees apply. The monthly subscription fee amounts to €5,00. The fee for purchasing the Neocron 2 download client amounts to €25,00. The three and six month subscriptions are no longer available and only one months subscriptions are being offered.

Subscriptions that have been created previous to July, 1st, 2008 are running with the according subscription fees that have been valid at that point. On expiration of the remaining game time the subscriptions are adjusted automatically or have to be adjusted manually, depending on the selected payment provider.

Due to the delay in returning the Neocron servers back online, it may happen that accounts are still being billed with the old subscription fees as it was not possible to apply the changes yet. We ask all customers who have been affected by this to contact our billing support under account@neocron.com with providing following information.

• Full name
• Payment Provider (Paypal or Click2Pay)
• E-Mail address used for the account at the payment provider
• Neocron 2 account name
• Subscription IDs of the payment provide

We will then investigate the case and refund any overcharged fees as quick as possible.

Click2Pay
All subscriptions made via Click2Pay will be adjusted automatically to one month subscriptions after the current subscription has expired.

PayPal
Due to technical circumstances it is not possible to have the subscriptions adjusted automatically. It is necessary to manually cancel the current subscription within your PayPal account and create a new one once the remaining game time has expired.
IMPORTANT: If you are reactivating your Neocron 2 subscription, make sure to do that via the Neocron 2 account management page (https://ssl.neocron.com/launcher/index.php) in order to receive the new subscription fee offer. Reactivating directly on the Paypal site will use the old subscription model instead of the new one.

PaybyCash
Since re-occurring subscriptions are not available via PaybyCash, the new subscription fees apply on new and reactivated subscriptions automatically. Please bear in mind that extra fees are being charged by PaybyCash depending on the selected payment method

Biglines
07-07-08, 13:49
I have a paypal subscription that will end on the 14th, should I cancel it now in paypal, or wait for the servers to come online and do it in the account thingy

Also, how long will it take to reactivate then, will we lose yet another few days?

and since some people don't read forums/announcements, maybe it's a proper idea to send an e-mail concerning this to everyone? (as is in your own terms of service)

Hell-demon
07-07-08, 13:53
This pleases me greatly.

Riddle
07-07-08, 13:56
I
Also, how long will it take to reactivate then, will we lose yet another few days?

I have Paypal and each tim ei have reactivated any of my accounts it has been instant activation. I believe the only one with time delay is PaybyCash.

CMaster
07-07-08, 14:05
Since July, 1st, 2008 the new Neocron 2 subscriptions fees apply. The monthly subscription fee amounts to €5,00. The fee for purchasing the Neocron 2 download client amounts to €25,00. The three and six month subscriptions are no longer available and only one months subscriptions are being offered.

Subscriptions that have been created previous to July, 1st, 2008 are running with the according subscription fees that have been valid at that point. On expiration of the remaining game time the subscriptions are adjusted automatically or have to be adjusted manually, depending on the selected payment provider.

Due to the delay in returning the Neocron servers back online, it may happen that accounts are still being billed with the old subscription fees as it was not possible to apply the changes yet. We ask all customers who have been affected by this to contact our billing support under account@neocron.com with providing following information.

• Full name
• Payment Provider (Paypal or Click2Pay)
• E-Mail address used for the account at the payment provider
• Neocron 2 account name
• Subscription IDs of the payment provide

We will then investigate the case and refund any overcharged fees as quick as possible.

Click2Pay
All subscriptions made via Click2Pay will be adjusted automatically to one month subscriptions after the current subscription has expired.

PayPal
Due to technical circumstances it is not possible to have the subscriptions adjusted automatically. It is necessary to manually cancel the current subscription and create a new one once the remaining game time has expired. Do not renew the subscription until the servers are back online. Otherwise you will be billed again with the previous subscription fees.

PaybyCash
Since re-occurring subscriptions are not available via PaybyCash, the new subscription fees apply on new and reactivated subscriptions automatically. Please bear in mind that extra fees are being charged by PaybyCash depending on the selected payment method

Perhaps a press-release version of this should be sent to places like mmorpg.com, massivley etc etc to see if a cheap MMO intrigues people? Of course, you may already be working on this...

Neallys
07-07-08, 14:21
It's too bad we are still stuck with the 25€.

This is going to stop, a lot of new players.

Biglines
07-07-08, 14:23
just buy the cd's off some online shop, its only 10 euros then

Hell-demon
07-07-08, 15:02
Neocron should be available through Steam.

nabbl
07-07-08, 15:44
It's too bad we are still stuck with the 25€.

This is going to stop, a lot of new players.

why?

its still possible to buy the neocron2 box for 2-5€ and connect your trial account with the key of the box.

Neallys
07-07-08, 16:18
why?

its still possible to buy the neocron2 box for 2-5€ and connect your trial account with the key of the box.

As far as i'm concerned, purchasing boxes like the ones you are talking about isn't a very normal way to obtain Neocron. Therefore I doubt Reakktor will go for a "Go and buy a box wherever it can be", instead of making a 25€ benefit.

Neocron isn't being taken care of and nowadays, either you pay for a game (Guild wars,...) or either you pay each month like any other MMO, but both for a "left-behind" game?

I'm sorry but it should be free, and it would be good for the server population, as well as for Reakktor who would have more players, so more subscriptions.

CHA0S
07-07-08, 16:54
Sorry if i missed something but ain't the customers supposed to get an explanation as to "Why" the subscription change?
I'm sure it will put a lot of minds at rest for an answer to this reason.

Dru Blood
07-07-08, 23:09
drop the charge for client, and give it free. you provide the client to be downloaded free anyway why charge someone after they agree to pay you a monthly subscription.

last time i played i bought nc from ebay for 50p and i bought 5 boxes one for each friend.

why make it more difficult :P

Dru Blood
07-07-08, 23:10
also how about a massive mail shot, mail everybody previously registered to neocron, now 5euro!

Apocalypsox
07-07-08, 23:31
the mail shot is a decent idea. get some advertising done.

Reaction77
08-07-08, 01:47
Yep, mail everyone currently and previously registered to Neocron. You know you have too...

Nytewolf2k7
08-07-08, 03:05
Yep, mail everyone currently and previously registered to Neocron. You know you have too...

Thats not such a bad idea :D

terraman
08-07-08, 15:37
even if it only brings back 10 players, thats 10 more players who could even bring back another person each etc...

CMaster
08-07-08, 15:52
Technically, I think they have to:

V. Pricing Changes

* The pricing can change anytime. You will be notified by email of any changes.

* The changed prices will only affect you after your chosen subscription method runs out. If you cancel your account 7 days before that happens you will not be affected by these price changes of course.

Of course, that may only apply to people who are currently being billed.

I still don't see any news articles on MMORPG.com or massivley or what have you.

Biglines
08-07-08, 23:01
I have a paypal subscription that will end on the 14th, should I cancel it now in paypal, or wait for the servers to come online and do it in the account thingy

should I do it in paypal or in account info? I will be on holiday when my current one runs out, so I need to know before tomorrow 11:00 GMT

And yes, they have to let us know, or they won't have any rights concerning our violations of the terms i think...

SnowCrash
09-07-08, 08:24
should I do it in paypal or in account info? I will be on holiday when my current one runs out, so I need to know before tomorrow 11:00 GMT

And yes, they have to let us know, or they won't have any rights concerning our violations of the terms i think...

Please do the cancellation in your PayPal account. Once the servers and the account management are back online you can reactivate your subscription with the new fees.

...I still don't see any news articles on MMORPG.com or massivley or what have you.

Regarding the advertisement of the price changes, it would not be very clever to do so at the current time as the servers are still down and the payment software is still being adjusted. As soon as we see everything running properly, we will spread the word.

CMaster
09-07-08, 11:15
Regarding the advertisement of the price changes, it would not be very clever to do so at the current time as the servers are still down and the payment software is still being adjusted. As soon as we see everything running properly, we will spread the word.

Good point.

Felixx725
13-07-08, 06:41
I had the unfortunate luck of trying to reestablish my old acct during all this lunacy.
Been trying to stay up-to-date with what's going on thru the forums.
Let's put it this way... I've NEVER put up with this kinda shit from any other game, nor would I... If KK didn't have a good game idea - we wouldn't be putting up with it, would we?
I just think it's a damm shame to have to jump thru hoops - put up with horrible customer service - deal with buggy problems - and still love the game.
It's a great premise, and a workable environment.
But they put their development resources into what? - Shadows of Chernobyl and other such (basically) useless endeavors....
OK - they can put millions into releasing a brand-new game - sell it for $25 US (I bought mine for $18 US) and never get anything else out of it...
OR they could put a little out to revamp (or even fix the bugs) in an existing game, and reap the rewards monthly...
NO idea what the big minds behind KK are thinking - but it can't be very much

That said, I'm still reactivating my sub, cuz I luv the game, bugs and all (tho I'd love some development in that area)

hope to see yall soon

Felixx

PS to the Powers That Be...
Don't kill me.. I'm just an insect...
But If you could forward mail like this to your superiors, it might make a difference in the way they think about this little game, and the following that it's gained, and the ways they could make more $$$$ by reaping the rewards of a little more effort...
Just an idea...

Riddle
19-07-08, 00:37
Just a note on this.

The fee for purchasing the Neocron 2 download client amounts to €25,00.

How comes if i decide to go Paybycash it costs €14.99?

We do not offer a trial account using PaybyCash at this time. If you are a current neocron 2 subscriber and want to change your account to PayByCash payment please contact our support for more information how to do this.When you create an account now you will get an email by paybycash how to pay. You will have to pay the first subscription payment and the price for the game (€ 14.99) with the first payment.

Has there been a sneaky lowering of the price?

Riddle
22-07-08, 14:31
any answer as to my question above kk?

Riddle
31-07-08, 10:30
I'll take that as a no then :rolleyes:

Hell-demon
31-07-08, 14:52
Unless it concerns Black Prophecy, then you may be waitin' a while...

Odin
31-07-08, 17:46
I'll take that as a no then :rolleyes:

PayByCash stuff has always been cheaper as far as I know due to the additional fees that PBC charges that generally brings it in line with the other prices. I believe in this case PBC does something silly such as that cost and then adds in the month separately. Feel free to try it, if you want and report back, but I don't believe there is any serious discount there.

Riddle
31-07-08, 18:05
PayByCash stuff has always been cheaper as far as I know due to the additional fees that PBC charges that generally brings it in line with the other prices. I believe in this case PBC does something silly such as that cost and then adds in the month separately. Feel free to try it, if you want and report back, but I don't believe there is any serious discount there.

Seems surprising that kk don't even know what they charge for the game don't you think? I mean the suggestion of try it if i want, doesn't really add any value does it?

Personally i have seen an upsurge in players since the lowering of the monthly fee which must be welcome by kk, and kk should at least recognise as pointed out in other threads that the final stumbling block of a sizeable fee for the software considering you can buy it elsewhere for under €5 still stands.

I was not enquiring as to the price difference between payment methods, i simply thought you had lowered the price in an attempt to overcome the above issue.

I have never paid the full amount asked for download, nor would i considering other means of purchase is far cheaper and i got box,manual etc.

Seems a shame you won't consider charging something like €10 for it and a month Free.

Odin
31-07-08, 19:01
Seems surprising that kk don't even know what they charge for the game don't you think? I mean the suggestion of try it if i want, doesn't really add any value does it?

That is because I do not have anything to do with setting prices. I'm just a lowly grunt :lol: I'm just telling you what I remember.

GRIM
31-07-08, 22:38

This is a lie. I was refused to be refunded any money. Yet, I never expected fraud from KK. I guess I was wrong... "sigh"

Mighty Max
31-07-08, 22:51
From your very own post about the 30th June (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=2133070#post2133070) , you said that you was billed that day, meaning your subscription was renewed BEFORE the new prices were applied.

Reading Snows post it just applies to accounts that renewed with the old prices AFTER that pricechange.

Which would make your accusation of a lie void.

It's tought luck, that's all.

Riddle
01-08-08, 11:56
That is because I do not have anything to do with setting prices. I'm just a lowly grunt :lol: I'm just telling you what I remember.
Fair enough Odin. I just find it frustrating theat kk won't lower the final hurdle to getting more runners in game!

Paying €25 for a 4 year old game is a bit steep but i have flogged this horse enough.....:)

Nidhogg
01-08-08, 13:39
I saw two copies in my local game store, retailing at £9.99 each. It was all I could do to stop myself taking a copy to the front and saying "Hey, my name's in the manual for this. Twice!" :p

N

Mighty Max
01-08-08, 13:42
I saw two copies in my local game store, retailing at £9.99 each. It was all I could do to stop myself taking a copy to the front and saying "Hey, my name's in the manual for this. Twice!" :p

N

Yeah, that's a classic.
But well it doen't help to get that box even cheaper :lol: no really you don't I tried it.

danmalone
01-08-08, 13:57

N

Pfft, dunno where you live but they got high hopes ;)

I got my last copy from GAME for 99p :D

Riddle
01-08-08, 14:10
Pfft, dunno where you live but they got high hopes ;)

I got my last copy from GAME for 99p :D

Man i got robbed! I payed £1.99 ! pft...

CMaster
01-08-08, 14:27
I paid a fiver well over a year ago now. Seen it for £2 since. £10 is a bit steep, and yet it STILL proves that buying it online for €25 is ridiculous. Scrap or lower the fee! Then get the news out to some major MMO sites that NC is a really cheap MMO.

CHA0S
01-08-08, 21:34
cheap and cheerful.......who can resist? :lol:

kane
02-08-08, 07:54
Does the old NC 1 box key still work if I want to buy a new account without paying 25 bucks? I mean thats like what 50 lmao??? I rather just go play WoW for 10 bucks :(

GRIM
03-08-08, 00:30
From your very own post about the 30th June (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=2133070#post2133070) , you said that you was billed that day, meaning your subscription was renewed BEFORE the new prices were applied.

Reading Snows post it just applies to accounts that renewed with the old prices AFTER that pricechange.

Which would make your accusation of a lie void.

It's tought luck, that's all.

Thank you for your stupidity. I have more than one account. kthxbye

flib
03-08-08, 02:03
Settle down, he made an honest mistake, and he was fairly nice about it.
You can't expect to get anything accomplished if you're just going to make hostile posts like that.

kane
03-08-08, 02:35
Settle down, he made an honest mistake, and he was fairly nice about it.
You can't expect to get anything accomplished if you're just going to make hostile posts like that.

shut it he was not talking to you.

flib
03-08-08, 06:12
shut it he was not talking to you.
I see what you did thar!

Mighty Max
03-08-08, 10:07

Yeah right.
So you pestering us about every sack of rice falling on your accounts, but magically you sense those things that will cause troube in the future and keep silent about them.

However as you might have noticed by this, the forum is not the thing to go with this problem as we only have information that is givento us (and you only told us about this one account) so don't be surprised if we nail you on your own words.

Things that are to be learnt out of this:
- get to the ppl/places that are there for solving such a problem (Payment provider, controling instance, etc)
- get your facts at hand and open for the instance you contact

@kane, ever thought that if he wasn't addressing flib and every other reader too, that he would have PMed me or the person in charge in the first place?

GRIM
03-08-08, 19:12
Yeah right.
So you pestering us about every sack of rice falling on your accounts, but magically you sense those things that will cause troube in the future and keep silent about them.

However as you might have noticed by this, the forum is not the thing to go with this problem as we only have information that is givento us (and you only told us about this one account) so don't be surprised if we nail you on your own words.

Things that are to be learnt out of this:
- get to the ppl/places that are there for solving such a problem (Payment provider, controling instance, etc)
- get your facts at hand and open for the instance you contact

@kane, ever thought that if he wasn't addressing flib and every other reader too, that he would have PMed me or the person in charge in the first place?

You havent nailed me on anything. You simply decided to jump in and think you know something by a one sentance post that I made previously. The only thing I have learned from this is that you are more of an idiot with every word you post. I was not looking for a solution to the issue by posting a comment on the forums. Did I ask for a refund or any solution to the problem on the forum? No, I did not. I simply said that something that was posted, is a lie. I was targeting you Mighty Max an no one esle. Kane and flib are the shit btw. Besides the point, you are the only one, Mighty Max, that quoted my post and began to let your "knowledge" flow free. A word of advice: don't.

Mighty Max
03-08-08, 19:45
You havent nailed me on anything. You simply decided to jump in and think you know something by a one sentance post that I made previously.

How mean, that i take your words for real. :lol:

The only thing I have learned from this is that you are more of an idiot with every word you post.

I rather like being seen as such instead of making this entirely clear by posting meaningless insults when beeing caught. :angel:

I was not looking for a solution to the issue by posting a comment on the forums. Did I ask for a refund or any solution to the problem on the forum? No, I did not.

So you are admitting that you was only posting to troll or flame?

I simply said that something that was posted, is a lie.

See, and all i said that this is not true keeping in mind the information you supplied. I'm not in charge of providing prove if you bring such accusations into public

I was targeting you Mighty Max an no one esle. Kane and flib are the shit btw. Besides the point, you are the only one, Mighty Max, that quoted my post and began to let your "knowledge" flow free. A word of advice: don't.

Well see, I do.
And i'll do it in the future.

Unless you don't give prove of your accusations there is n o truth in it.
My "knowledge" about this is what YOU gave into our hand. I know that i am not all-knowing so i am bound to assume that the info you give is true and complete. In other words: I did not assume that you were a liar.

I don't really know why you want me to not assume you're honest, but well it is your choice.

Beside that, see that little link on the top right, it tells "Private Messages" and lets you send me messages that are targeted to me only. Unless you don't use it you pretty much failed to target me "and no one else" :eek:

Take your chance to supply us with the needed knowledge so we can take you for real (Maybe this hint was now clear enough to understand. Let me know if it wasn't, i guess just another meaningless insult would do)

CMaster
04-08-08, 13:37
Does the old NC 1 box key still work if I want to buy a new account without paying 25 bucks? I mean thats like what 50 lmao??? I rather just go play WoW for 10 bucks :(

Nope. You not got an NC2 account you can reactivate?

kane
06-08-08, 00:53
Nope. You not got an NC2 account you can reactivate?

Not sure I tried asking while ago was old emails forgot them you know how time is when it passes.. Id come back with a fresh account but the game is not worth to me $40 Canadian..

Id like a fresh account anyways you know a new start since when u get into your old guys you get bored... Be fun start a new one but like I said why would I pay $40 for a game with no updates or support.

Brammers
06-08-08, 01:31
Try Amazon.co.uk. I've just got a fresh NC2 box with a CD key from there recently, although I've yet to activate it.... I'll do that later at the end of the summer!

Price was 7-8 quid, not a bad bargin.

kane
06-08-08, 02:26
Try Amazon.co.uk. I've just got a fresh NC2 box with a CD key from there recently, although I've yet to activate it.... I'll do that later at the end of the summer!

Price was 7-8 quid, not a bad bargin.

First off Canadian and 2nd don't care much to put that much effort into something when maybe KK should be the one putting the effort into marketing and trying bring me back...

As I see it this is exactly why I will prob not be back... They make it hard complicated and well WoW is only one click away and I don't need to wait.

GRIM
06-08-08, 03:01
How mean, that i take your words for real. :lol:

I rather like being seen as such instead of making this entirely clear by posting meaningless insults when beeing caught. :angel:

So you are admitting that you was only posting to troll or flame?

See, and all i said that this is not true keeping in mind the information you supplied. I'm not in charge of providing prove if you bring such accusations into public

Well see, I do.
And i'll do it in the future.

Unless you don't give prove of your accusations there is n o truth in it.
My "knowledge" about this is what YOU gave into our hand. I know that i am not all-knowing so i am bound to assume that the info you give is true and complete. In other words: I did not assume that you were a liar.

I don't really know why you want me to not assume you're honest, but well it is your choice.

Beside that, see that little link on the top right, it tells "Private Messages" and lets you send me messages that are targeted to me only. Unless you don't use it you pretty much failed to target me "and no one else" :eek:

Take your chance to supply us with the needed knowledge so we can take you for real (Maybe this hint was now clear enough to understand. Let me know if it wasn't, i guess just another meaningless insult would do)

I don't understand. Please explain it again? ;)

flib
06-08-08, 17:53
First off Canadian
Amazon.ca then.

Ground_Round
12-08-08, 10:31
WTF, trial account ?

I went to reactivate my accounts and it says I'm trying to reactivate trial accounts... pay 25 euros each, Blah, blah, blah...

So now I need to contact the support team, which is probably unavailable due to the 10T debacle.

Effin' Crap2Pay nightmare, then RipOffByCash, then FINALLY PayPal but even that doesn't work right...

Why in hell does NC2 have to be such a pain in the ass to pay for ?

I give up for now, but maybe if 10T shits and dies this game can get some proper management. (I can dream).

Moustik
12-08-08, 11:13
You don't need to pay 25 bucks to reactivate your account, had the same message when i reactivated mine, just continue to the paypal page and you will be asked to pay only 5 bucks (monthly fee) ;)

Riddle
12-08-08, 11:16
WTF, trial account ?

I went to reactivate my accounts and it says I'm trying to reactivate trial accounts... pay 25 euros each, Blah, blah, blah...

So now I need to contact the support team, which is probably unavailable due to the 10T debacle.

Effin' Crap2Pay nightmare, then RipOffByCash, then FINALLY PayPal but even that doesn't work right...

Why in hell does NC2 have to be such a pain in the ass to pay for ?

I give up for now, but maybe if 10T shits and dies this game can get some proper management. (I can dream).

It's bugged, go through payment process until you reach your paypal screen, there you should see charge at only €5 not €5 and €25. You will not be charged, until you click pay, so you can check first. Lots of people have had this including myself and even though it said trial reactivation it NEVER charged me for it.

If it does say €25 euro for trial then contact support.