PDA

View Full Version : This seems wrong... a gaming forum and nothing about...

Heavyporker
02-07-08, 05:45
DIABLO THREE!

What the heck, guys?!

I thought you'd be all licking each other's nuts from the sheer euphoria of the announcement. Have you EVEN seen the gameplay teaser? I splooged. Multiple times.

Apocalypsox
02-07-08, 06:50
Im not so much impressed with Diablo three as i am with...

STARCRAFT 2, MOTHERFUCKERS

naimex
02-07-08, 15:44
I was only notified about there being info about d3 from a friend about an hour ago.

:p

Hell-demon
02-07-08, 17:37
Spore!

Penis monsters ftw!

CHA0S
02-07-08, 18:50
Spore!

Penis monsters ftw!

thats what im waiting for.....cant wait to make a civ. of evil willy's :lol: :lol:

DrRisk
02-07-08, 19:40
Nah i'm going to make a species where they all look like pikachu but black

Hell-demon
02-07-08, 20:13
Also your game takes creatures off the internet site and puts it into your galaxy. Unfortunetly the spore site is comprised of a lot of penis monsters. Prepare to fight hordes of evil cocks, in their penis shaped space ships, from a wang shaped civilisation.

zii
02-07-08, 22:15
How many years have passed by and people are still playing Diablo! If its as good as the very first Diablo then I would give it a miss.

naimex
02-07-08, 22:19
How many years have passed by and people are still playing Diablo! If its as good as the very first Diablo then I would give it a miss.

its, classic, cult, occult, easy and straight forward...

barely any learning curve once you figure out what works and what doesnt on a character.. sucks to have to start over on a new character if you fuck up cuz you cant respec, but thats the only downfall there is.

So they hit it pretty hard on the nail in the first try, so no one ever got all that discouraged by it. Therefore it became popular from day 1.

Jodo
02-07-08, 22:21
I don't think I ever played the first Diablo but the second one was awesome. It did feel a bit samey after a while though which prevented me from ever wanting to complete it. That said, while I was playing I enjoyed it plenty.

Harbinger (I think it was called) is a game very similar to Diablo but Futuristicy.

Hell-demon
02-07-08, 23:50
Harbinger was so repetatitive :(

Terror_Nonne
03-07-08, 00:31
yeah, spore penis-aliens ftw :D

and blizz sux :p

Flub900
03-07-08, 06:49
i loved Diablo 2. and now i must check out diablo 3....

thanks for bringing this to my attention :)

CMaster
03-07-08, 11:33
Go to say my interest in Diablo III, having found the first two very, very dull iis limited. Too Human (http://www.gametrailers.com/game/2207.html) however grabs my interest as a fully-3d, co-op based, cyberpunk wih nordic mythology combat-RPG. Shame I don't (and won't) have the 360 to play it on.

Blizzard are being depressingly dull these days. Years of nothing but sequels and expansions. Starcraft originally did some really interesting things for the genre, with 3 completely different paradigm, balanced sides, a well developed plot (if not well acted or exceptionally written) and a focus on smaller groups of units (even if all that did is make rushes harder). I don't see starcraft 2 bringing anything new like that to the table, 10-12 years on.

Then again, the RTS genre is horrendous in that respect. Some game comes out with something new that turns the entire genre on its head, which is promptly ignored by the next games released which go back to emulating C&C or Warcraft. Homeworld took the genre into full 3D. Not been seen since, and even toned down in the sequel. Starcraft took completley different sides - rarely seen elsewhere. Ground Control placed a greater emphasis on tactics and much less on resources - yet you only see that in other Massive Entertainment games. Etc etc. Hence why I mostly lost interest in the genre years ago I guess.

Archtemplar
03-07-08, 13:44
Developed by Silicon Knights? I wonder if its the same who developed Dark Legions... Now that was classic :D

EDIT: It IS the same silicon knights <3

aKe`cj
03-07-08, 16:16

how come you dont mention "company of heroes" ?
I found the level of unit/squad control, the way environment can be used and the very limited unit numbers quite interesting. Imho a nice exception to all the common RTS bs :)

CMaster
03-07-08, 16:22
how come you dont mention "company of heroes" ?
I found the level of unit/squad control, the way environment can be used and the very limited unit numbers quite interesting. Imho a nice exception to all the common RTS bs :)

Because I wasn't especially aware of it. Looks fairly similar to World in Conlict which is the first RTS I bought in ages. I'm aware of other variations that I didn't mention before, but they all seem to be near-enough one offs, while every other dev team cranks out something that is pretty hard to tell from warcraft/C&C, albeit with a lot of polish sometime (Dawn of War for example).

Other fascinating examples are Battlezone (took RTSes and put you actually in the action rather than mystically floaing above it) or by all accounts, Sacrafice although I haven't played that one.

Asurmen Spec Op
04-07-08, 11:59
God I have to play WiC again, its been too long :'(.
One of the few RTS games without the base building bullshit.