PDA

View Full Version : Melee Fighters Unite

Hell-demon
30-06-08, 15:57
There are some of us who don't want to reload, who like to get up close and personal and who like sharp weapons. Unfortunetly when balancing came and went melee was no longer viable.

As it stands it is very hard to level, nay cap even, a character solely using melee weapons. The damage is too low and the equipment too weak. We need change. I propose these changes and welcome feedback on any other ideas for melee.

My ideas:

- Increase melee damage by at least, at the very least, by 30%

- Decrease stamina drain on some weapons as it can be just ridiculous stabbing something and being out of breath.

- Decrease weapon degrading as it is too high.Right now it seems that the weapons are made of glass or even chocolate.

- Change equipment. Some items like implants and some high end power armours are really dumb. Bat queen arm gives pitiful stats for a melee user and WoC power armour and anything past tl 110 gives a malus to agility rather than a malus to heavy combat. Also the regants melee PE PA has very high requirements making the armour a hassle to use.

- WoC melee. It's sad that WoC isn't that diverse and all we have are rifles and pistols that the art team could be bothered to come up with.

Melee combat does need to be adressed. It would make Neocron more diverse and less sucky. I had to switch to heavy comabt just to kill things and I really just want to use a sword rather than a gun. I am not the only one. There are other closet melee fighters who are unable to fight with their weapon of choice due to shit damage and shit equipment.

Let our voice be heard.

nabbl
30-06-08, 16:03
/signed!

Jaffo
30-06-08, 16:16
i agree, when i came back i was told to get rid of my melee tank and make him HC cause mellee now sucks. i loved my melle tank, and i also agree that back in the day when i made my mc tank, mc was well overpowered it was stupidly easy to kill anyone.

they should defo bring melle back as i forgot i already have a hc tank before i made my mc one hc, so now i have 2 hc tanks !!!!!

zii
30-06-08, 16:21
/signed for
increase in weapon damage;
reduction on weapon degregation ;

/partially signed:
reduce the -AGL malus on M-C PA (remember that those PAs weigh the same!)

/added :
make Hurler knuckers a WOC item as it used to be (easy fix this one!)

/unsigned for :
reduction on stamina because I want a chance to run away from a lethal tank!

Archtemplar
30-06-08, 16:24
It was the reason I quit last time!

I agree with all mentioned changes, but in addition:

We need some stam boosters that stack higher. The main advantage of melee is supposed to be no ammo, but the amount of stam booster spamming we do makes it even more difficult than if we were a reloading gun.

Hell-demon
30-06-08, 16:40
If stamina drain is reduced then we do not need more stamina boosters.

Apocalypsox
30-06-08, 17:25
Fucking signed. This IS why i quit last time. Spent a week getting everything ready for Apoc to be a hybrid tank only to discover i did more damage with my fists than a Vein Ripper.

Archtemplar
30-06-08, 17:53
Fucking signed. This IS why i quit last time. Spent a week getting everything ready for Apoc to be a hybrid tank only to discover i did more damage with my fists than a Vein Ripper.

My level 10 spy did more damage with a junk rifle than my PE's PoT :mad:

If stamina drain is reduced then we do not need more stamina boosters.

I suppose, but any change to melee would be very much welcome.

Hell-demon
30-06-08, 17:57
How hard is it to make a WoC melee weapon?

All they used was the knuckle model for the hurler king weapon. How about using the samurai sword model, or better yet the stilleto model, which is only used once.

That way they don't have to make new models and sound fx like they did when making the berretta or AK. Just use what is currently available.

Right now melee is just not viable. We can't do regants, we can't level up quick, we can't hold our own against anyone in a fight and the classes are still not entirely balanced after so much emphasis has been put on balance. All we got was revamped shit and decimal places.

We need proper balancing.

zii
30-06-08, 18:12
Stamina Boosters with 16 uses could solve this. A requirement for M-C on the boosters would restrict use to mêlée somewhat.

Ishmael/Mystic
30-06-08, 19:12
/signed i loved my tank more when he was MC

but tbh you've got more chance of impregnating Mr Cream Cracker than a KK employe to get away from BP for 5 mins to do anything with NC these days...

Apocalypsox
30-06-08, 20:16
but tbh you've got more chance of impregnating Mr Cream Cracker than a KK employe to get away from BP for 5 mins to do anything with NC these days...

Well...that might have been done before :D But the point stands. They told us it would be easy to balance out weapons because they made it so they only had to change one set of numbers. Why haven't they?

Dont Mess
30-06-08, 21:18
hope i dont get banned for saying this, but a friend of mine who was talking to hoder when he put in a help ticket about something and asked him whats wrong with melee and if it was going to get fixed. Hoder Replied doubt it melee is pants but probably wont get fixed, its a dieing game !

that upsetted me !

Hoder
30-06-08, 21:40
hope i dont get banned for saying this, but a friend of mine who was talking to hoder when he put in a help ticket about something and asked him whats wrong with melee and if it was going to get fixed. Hoder Replied doubt it melee is pants but probably wont get fixed, its a dieing game !

that upsetted me !I can't open my mouth these days without being misquoted.

Let's see the REAL conversation shall we?

06-23-2008 20:24:10 > DIRECT> ****** : i was told melee is currently "broken" and i even remember you questioning a runner who asked for a herc..
06-23-2008 20:24:18 > DIRECT> ****** : will it be "fixed" eventually?
06-23-2008 20:24:46 > i wouldn't say it's broken.. just some feedback suggests its underpowered
06-23-2008 20:25:02 > and i'm aware that many tanks shun melee nowadays in favour of heavy combat
06-23-2008 20:25:14 > if there's an obvious problem it can be addressed
06-23-2008 20:25:14 > DIRECT> ****** : i was just curious :P ok, thanks
06-23-2008 20:25:26 > but i don't know the current priorities for the next patch
So without the "chinese whispers" we can now see that there is always the possibility of change. Never say die. I just can't make promises on behalf of the devs that I can't keep. The devs will decide what is to be changed or not. If it's posted on the balancing forum, then the devs will have seen it.

CHA0S
30-06-08, 22:02
06-23-2008 20:25:26 > but i don't know the current priorities for the next patch

i guess that basicly gives the idea that we are due a patch soon

maybe some ppl will be .....happier now :lol: :lol:

Hoder
30-06-08, 22:52

i guess that basicly gives the idea that we are due a patch soon

maybe some ppl will be .....happier now :lol: :lol:I don't get it. In what way was any timescale implied?

next (nεkst) adj. 1. immediately following 2. immediately adjoiningI'm glad I don't work in government :rolleyes:

VegaH
30-06-08, 22:54
I agree the discussions about melee tanks.....though the damage increase should never be 30%......remember that melee hits fast....i saw melee tank duel HC tank and they dont do bad at all....just when ppu shields comes in...its another story...dunno how to balance that though

VegaH
30-06-08, 22:59
I don't get it. In what way was any timescale implied?

Hoder....I think it's not a matter of implying any timescale for that patch....but I think after what....10 months or something with no patch, no news, no clear infos on next updates, threads about brainstorming with millions ideas....people are getting real mad that nothing gets to be updated or modified....whoever job that is...the devs, God....anyone.....people just want a goddamn patch with some in-game updates.... :p

Hell-demon
01-07-08, 00:57
The most important factor is the damge. If we just had a damage increase that would be preferable to nothing at all.

In its current state melee is dire.

Kittie
01-07-08, 09:51
i loved my M-C Tank. I'm really sad about that that mc is totaly shit. and now tha apu the same. I wanna play mc tank but first fix that class and moooore weapons for mc plz

Ishmael/Mystic
01-07-08, 11:20
People have been complaining about Melee for ages, i mean come on you have this massive thread about ideas and ....

I've left NC a few times, mostly to check out other games or coz certain clans/groups of ppl i played with went inactive, but now is the first time i've stop playing just coz i really don't want to play...

If KK want to keep it a secret and suddenly spring a huge patch on us that makes the game uber with most of the ideas suggested from us then i'm Jini's mum....

All we are left with is Hoder and a few other gm's trying to keep the peace on the forums, banning any naysayers and saying NC isn't dead... well apart from a handle of hopeful players it is dead...

So it going to be cheaper now... wow i've already said cheaper shit is still shit. I'd much rather you doubled the price and added some content, new patches ANYTHING than cut the price...

I'm all for making BP it looks ok, but not leaving one person to add a bit of content to NC now and again just says it all.

I don't expect a response but honestly how long would it take one dev to make some new woc weapons make a quick mission and make melee abit better.

danmalone
01-07-08, 11:52
I don't get it. In what way was any timescale implied?
I'm glad I don't work in government :rolleyes:

At least it implies that eventually a new patch will come out ;)

Asurmen Spec Op
01-07-08, 12:39
You can all Unite infront of a speeding bus.
There apoc, I posted in your damned thread.

Hell-demon
01-07-08, 13:17
Devs? Mods?

Any feedback? Is it plausible this change?

Dont Mess
01-07-08, 15:57
I can't open my mouth these days without being misquoted.

Let's see the REAL conversation shall we?

So without the "chinese whispers" we can now see that there is always the possibility of change. Never say die. I just can't make promises on behalf of the devs that I can't keep. The devs will decide what is to be changed or not. If it's posted on the balancing forum, then the devs will have seen it.

MY BAD HODER ! lol sorry...!

4give me?

Jaffo
01-07-08, 17:14
MY BAD HODER ! lol sorry...!

4give me?

dont do it man! he bullys me.

Hell-demon
01-07-08, 17:15
Frequency is also another issue. Way too slow with the slashing.

Can we agree on the following points:

-Damage Increase

-Weapons degrade less

-Item stats and values changed

-Stamina Decrease

-WoC melee weapon/s

-Frequency Increase

MotorMike
01-07-08, 17:37
Devs? Mods? Any feedback? Is it plausible this change?

Muahahah :D

that was a good one* :p

chummer check the Biiiiiiiiig list of changes in the brainports from the users
i also agree that melee need a boost

but to be honest theres more important stuff that should be patched like
that Fu***ing Implant Komma Stats ,the Vhc , the PvE probs etc etc

Apocalypsox
01-07-08, 18:11
I don't see any major problems with the vehicles, the PvE (Unless your trying to use Melee :lol: ) Or the implants...I kind of like the new decimal implant stats. It can give you the edge you need for a new weapon/armor/be able to kill the guy next to you.

But yeah, with the frequency with melee that was cut down to a quarter of what it was previously, it needs to be balanced with the damage. As in, don't boost the damage 30% and then give us back our frequency, that will unbalance it again.

Hell-demon
01-07-08, 18:44
so how about a 10% frequency boost and a 15% damage boost?

Apocalypsox
01-07-08, 19:04
Might work. 15 frequency 10 damage preferably :lol: Then again, maybe im a freak. I like moving fast and being able to hit fast.

tobiwahn
01-07-08, 19:40
...i saw melee tank duel HC tank and they dont do bad at all....just when ppu shields comes in...its another story...dunno how to balance that though

Agree.

... but i canceled my melee tank too, because of stamina problem, no damage against ppu shields, pve is a joke, weapons degrade, techcombat is useless, Melee Camo or Woc PA gives a ATL (not AGL) malus and Damage depends on ATL. o_O

Next time lets talk about preachers. :lol:

Hell-demon
01-07-08, 21:59
It's terrible!

It needs fixing ASAP. These changes, if put into effect, could diversify neocron quite a bit.

Hell-demon
04-07-08, 18:02
Is it possible to make a good melee setup with the current conditions?

Apocalypsox
04-07-08, 19:15
If you want to do absolutely shit damage, yeah. Beleive me. I tried apoc as a melee with about 235 melee 150 base before i put him to hybrid. Wasn't impressed.

Regardless, its still absolutely unviable for anything but endgame fucking around. you can't level with it in any way comparable to other weapon types

Hell-demon
04-07-08, 23:48
Ah piss mops!

tobiwahn
05-07-08, 00:32
Is it possible to make a good melee setup with the current conditions?

Yes you can. But only for duells. (Spies an APUs are fragmeat :lol: )

OP-fights or fights against DD with PPU-shields is a crap.

vices
05-07-08, 10:57
I agree, bring back melee

Hell-demon
05-07-08, 12:34
Here here