PDA

View Full Version : Migration of the server hardware - Mission accomplished!

SnowCrash
29-06-08, 12:01
Step 1
As already announced (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=142451), the Neocron server hardware will be moved to another data center. For this purpose, the main account server will be shut down today at midnight (CEST). From then on it is no longer possible to log into the game and to administrate game accounts. The game servers will be shut down tomorrow morning at 09:00 AM CEST. Until then it is possible to play Neocron if one has logged into the game before the shutdown of the main account server.

We will of course keep you in the loop about the migration progress and will announce further details regarding the planned lowering of the Neocron subscription fees within the next days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 2
All servers have been shut down and are now being dismantled by the admin team of our data center provider. After the dismantling the hardware will be made ready for dispatch and transported to the new data center.

Step 3
The Neocron server hardware has arrived in the new data center yesterday evening after some delay. Pending an intensive examination the hardware will be rebuilt and taken back into operation. Due to the circumstances of the transportation delay it may take a little longer than expected to bring the servers back online.

We will of course keep you in the loop regarding this matter.

Step 4
The intensive examination of the hardware has just been finished and the rebuild of the hardware, as well as the adjustment of the software, is currently in progress. As already explained the shipment of the servers has taken longer then expected which is the reason for this delay.

We will inform you as soon as we have more information and ask for a little more patience.

Step 5
The migration has been accomplished and the servers, as well as the account management are back online. Please check out this forum thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=142552) to learn more about the changes to the Neocron 2 subscriptions fees.

UPDATE
Because of the Server migration the ticket support system (helpdesk.com/account.com/tech.com) is operating in a restricted capacity. Normal operation will be resumed as soon as the servers become operational once again.

More information will follow when available.

CHA0S
29-06-08, 14:31
seems this is a step 1 of a process in your opinion how many steps will there be announced upto the point when the NC servers are back on.

I would really like as i would imagine a large majority of us would like daily input if possible even if there is "nothing to report as of yet"

All the best and good luck on server move........hope backups have been taken :lol:

Regards

Chaos :cool:

Brammers
29-06-08, 19:50
LOL - I will be impressed if anyone left ingame after midnight hasn't crashed by the time the game servers are shut down. :p

Good luck with the move, and please give us lots of updates on how well the move is going.

Riddle
29-06-08, 22:55
Yup sure gonna be gutted if i get a synch !

Sharper Blade
30-06-08, 07:59
lets all hope for a more stable server and less lag!

nabbl
30-06-08, 08:42
STEP 2:

We are currently extracting the Hamsters out of there little wheels. At the moment, we have to be very careful, not to hurt the legs of the poor creatures to guarantee a working server stability in the end. Weve got the best professionals to get things done and our small hamsters should not be harmed during the server-migration process. Stay tuned!

Seraphin[69]
30-06-08, 10:40
Where is the UPS tracking number ? :-p

jvasquez33
30-06-08, 11:50
im in dire need of my neocrack!

msressi
30-06-08, 17:07
The servers were running till 2:27:46 EST and I was online till the end together with Setlec
so u can now be impressed Brammers :angel:

Dannyleadbeater
30-06-08, 17:31
I hope it doesnt take to long with the change of location and hope that no errors will crop up because that is not what we want. We want to be back ingame asap

msressi
30-06-08, 18:01
Right, I agree, so lets give them the time they need to do it right.
We don't want to rush them and then be down a longer time then expected :angel:

CHA0S
30-06-08, 19:05
Hope nothing goes missing or broken on its travel?

how far is the other data center? if its possible

CoD 4 here i come........

Seraphin[69]
30-06-08, 22:15
Even if they break hardware they still got the backups so we are fine I guess

Riddle
30-06-08, 22:18
']Even if they break hardware they still got the backups so we are fine I guess

Backups? Shit thought we forgot something in this move plan........

msressi
01-07-08, 00:08
Lol Logan don't scare us like that :angel:

jvasquez33
01-07-08, 09:13
Compensation stimulus package round 2 go!

Apocalypsox
01-07-08, 16:44
Compensation stimulus package round 2 go!

Oh shut up you greedy nib. Your paying half to play the game, deal with what you've got O_o

msressi
01-07-08, 17:05
I believe it was stated by KK, that no compensation is to be expected for this other then hopefully better service (at least that is my hope for USA players) and definitely the lower price :angel:

jvasquez33
01-07-08, 21:09
I know im kidding, calm down. And I came back to the game after the first compensation give-away in the first place. Its been since nearly 6 years since I've played neocron and the forum trolls have never changed haha.

Seraphin[69]
01-07-08, 21:57
Unless they decided to move the gameservers to my family's datacenter (OVH.com) then the service won't be any better :-p

RAB
01-07-08, 23:26
in light of the recent 'other' week+ long outage i trust all stops will be pulled out to get this dones asap and the estimated week wont turn into 2 etc.....

*sigh*

MrTrip
02-07-08, 00:23
Are pings expected to improve for US customers?

msressi
02-07-08, 02:14
That is what we are hoping for on the USA side :angel:

MrTrip
02-07-08, 05:11
That is what we are hoping for on the USA side :angel:

Haha I registered before you.....oh, snap, o\t.

Flub900
02-07-08, 09:09
Haha I registered before you.....oh, snap, o\t.

and i registered before you....OOT :p

anyway......anyone else's week going by extremely sloooooooooooooooow???

ive been addicted to crack since sept 2002 O_o ...<-------this like are eyes my why

IceStorm
02-07-08, 09:12
That is what we are hoping for on the USA side :angel:Unless they're moving the servers across the Atlantic, it won't help.

stelco
02-07-08, 15:29
are the servers still in Germany?

also how does a new server drop the price? cheaper rates? :confused:

not that im complaining , far from it !

anyways, get working guys and gals, I need my PVP :angel: <---- me

Archtemplar
02-07-08, 16:02
I after it goes online again I'll wait a few days to see what ppl have to say about pings.

Seraphin[69]
02-07-08, 23:26
are the servers still in Germany?

also how does a new server drop the price? cheaper rates? :confused:

not that im complaining , far from it !

anyways, get working guys and gals, I need my PVP :angel: <---- me

@ "my" company a Dual Quad Core Xeon 2.66Ghz with 12GB Ram, 2*750GB and 2*1000Mbits unmetered cost 333€ a month so if you get newer plans the price drop a lot ^^

StevenJ
03-07-08, 00:55
Hoping for "Step 3" soon, i.e. "The parts arrived safely, we are reconstructing!" :p

']@ "my" company a Dual Quad Core Xeon 2.66Ghz with 12GB Ram, 2*750GB and 2*1000Mbits unmetered cost 333€ a month so if you get newer plans the price drop a lot ^^Windows Server 2003? Where are they hosted - please feel free to PM me more details :D

We already are paying over the odds for 4 similar servers :angel:

stelco
03-07-08, 04:37
They better give you guys some Pizza or something while you are getting the servers up!

you'll need yer food to keep your energy up, to get the servers running, to make more $$$$$ Thus : BMW 2009 model for all staff

:cool:

terraman
03-07-08, 20:24
Hoping for "Step 3" soon, i.e. "The parts arrived safely, we are reconstructing!" :p
not gonna happen, there was an "interception" on the highway and the goods were all destroyed by a couple of crazed ex-neocron players with a grudge =[

if the parts haven't even arrived yet i can't see the servers being up by monday.. stuff never seems to happen over the weekend (if i'm wrong i appologise) so it probably won't even get started on till the start of next week.. unless the parts are already at the data centre and being worked on..

msressi
04-07-08, 00:14
Are we at step 3 yet Mr. Snowcrash???? :angel:

Kanedax
04-07-08, 01:08
I vote for immediate execution of 'Step 3.5'

Brammers
04-07-08, 12:24
Looks like Nidhogg posted an update in the 1st post.

Step 3
The Neocron server hardware has arrived in the new data center yesterday evening after some delay. Pending an intensive examination the hardware will be rebuilt and taken back into operation. Due to the circumstances of the transportation delay it may take a little longer than expected to bring the servers back online.

So where on earth is this new Datacenter?

Hell-demon
04-07-08, 12:29
Your basement.

Remember?

Now go make some tea for those tech guys in your cellar.

Seraphin[69]
04-07-08, 15:54
All I hope is they're closer to France so I get a better ping :-p

msressi
04-07-08, 16:39
Ok, looks like we will not be in NC on the 7th................. :( :angel:

Apocalypsox
04-07-08, 16:53
seriously, you guys have been skirting around the new datacenter location :wtf: Is it in the pits of hell or something?

Good to see its gotten there, though. hopefully nothing is kaputt.

danmalone
04-07-08, 17:00
seriously, you guys have been skirting around the new datacenter location :wtf: Is it in the pits of hell or something?

Good to see its gotten there, though. hopefully nothing is kaputt.

Its times like these that i realise i dont need NC... the weather is fecking awesome!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Biglines
04-07-08, 17:08
Ok, looks like we will not be in NC on the 7th................. :( :angel:

u expected anything else? :P

Flub900
04-07-08, 17:36
The Neocron server hardware has arrived in the new data center yesterday evening after some delay.

and what could that be? gps got fucked up? the van got a flat tire and you had to call your mom for help? you just plain suck at directions to places like DATACENTER on the map? i demand an explanation!

Hell-demon
04-07-08, 18:07
^Ignore him

Just the withdrawl symptoms.

msressi
04-07-08, 18:54
lol yes, but we all know how it feels :angel:

Sharper Blade
04-07-08, 20:28
maybe if it is later than the expected date we can have a gm gank event? hmmm?

VegaH
04-07-08, 21:11
No Sharper.....we don't gank the GMs....instead of that, because of the delay and inconvenience we are all living, we should be able to have a GM hoe for a week that would do all what we want .....

GM!!! I want 5 WoC disc.....
OK Sir, i will go farm for you

GM!!! I want Cycrow OP
OK Sir, i will go hack for you

GM!!! I want a Babesuit
Fuck Sir.....only Vegah got that Precious!...I will make Vegah a GM then..brb

:p

Apocalypsox
04-07-08, 21:55
Fuck that. I want a juggernaut trophy :D

Hell-demon
04-07-08, 23:53
I want the santa gm and the christmas tree up so everyday would be like christmas and we all get presents and we all roleplay so no one fights and people saying bad words about each others moms which would make neocron great plus we get more players and more money which means we get a zillion patches!

Or we could just turn off our comps and go get laid.

Just chill yo' beans people and wait.

stelco
05-07-08, 05:03
COME ON STEP 6 making stelco uber sexy

Sharper Blade
05-07-08, 06:57
i want hoder to be my personal assistant for the day

Apocalypsox
05-07-08, 07:42
Or we could just turn off our comps and go get laid.

...Done sir. Im still bored now though -.- No neocron yet.

Jodo
05-07-08, 14:01
COME ON STEP 6 making stelco uber sexy

*Que the Mission Impossible music. :D

Hell-demon
05-07-08, 18:01
Buuuurrrrrrn!

Sharper Blade
05-07-08, 18:10
Stelco you would be alot sexier without that garbage ncpd suit you wear

zombie23
05-07-08, 20:19
Stelco you would be alot sexier without that garbage ncpd suit you wear

Sharper, you best friend also wears that " garbage ncpd suit "

. :)

Sharper Blade
05-07-08, 20:25
thats why i said it

QeeQaek
06-07-08, 03:27
rofl!!!
what is going on ??

Sharper Blade
06-07-08, 03:29
kk should keep us posted on how far along this is, is it put together, still being inspected?

terraman
06-07-08, 18:30
We will of course keep you in the loop about the migration progress and will announce further details regarding the planned lowering of the Neocron subscription fees within the next days.

We are...

zii
06-07-08, 18:35
Its Sunday. Go outside and play in the sun!

Seraphin[69]
06-07-08, 18:54
It's raining like hell here but it's fun to go outside with the storms ^^

Sharper Blade
06-07-08, 19:04
Are the servers going to be up today? you dismantled the servers so fast when you took them down so why does it take 3 days to put them together when it took 5 mins to take them apart? I'm not following why this is such a big thing for you guys.

Apocalypsox
06-07-08, 19:30
I'm not going to bitch and moan about the speed you guys put the servers together, i just want an estimated time of arrival for the Neocron being back up. I understand you guys said the 7th, but you also said you had a delivery delay. How much time will this add on to our wait?

terraman
06-07-08, 19:40
i'm from england, it's rained most of the day (gg our weather system)... plus i was watching the esports world cup Quake 3 masters tournement ;]
\o/ Cypher ftw \o7 so quit going OT :>

also when was the original estimated time for the delivery, so we have an idea of how much of a delay that should cause?

Biglines
06-07-08, 21:16
Just wait till monday, you know they don't work in the weekends

Apocalypsox
06-07-08, 21:37
Well, im being as patient as i can, but it only takes me so long to finish installing this Fuel Injection system. After this, i am going to be bored as FUCK. :(

Deno
06-07-08, 22:47
Just got back from the south of france and the weather is awful in Ireland. Its really depressing going from mid 30's and clear skies at Monaco, to flying into that shithole they call 'Dublin Airport' where theres grey skies and constant winds. Also my computer is a bit fucked up with some virus.

Jodo
06-07-08, 22:54
Are the servers going to be up today? you dismantled the servers so fast when you took them down so why does it take 3 days to put them together when it took 5 mins to take them apart? I'm not following why this is such a big thing for you guys.

Everything is easier and quicker to take apart or destroy than it is to build.
Also, there are the inevitable "glitches" that magically appear during transit. For some reason, computers always need fiddling with after they’ve been moved them about.

Biglines
06-07-08, 23:16
Everything is easier and quicker to take apart or destroy than it is to build.
Also, there are the inevitable "glitches" that magically appear during transit. For some reason, computers always need fiddling with after they’ve been moved them about.

Yes, especially with these as they are run by hamsters

Sharper Blade
06-07-08, 23:20
lets go to the pet store and get kk some new hamsters, or hoder can run on the wheel but either way i need some neocrack

terraman
06-07-08, 23:50
all the ops have been ninja'd.. lame

Flub900
07-07-08, 00:01
i heard they were putting gum drops in all of our quickbelt slots.

i guess we could look at it a different way. no news is good news. if they were constantly giving us updates, they could potentially be fatal.

Apocalypsox
07-07-08, 00:23
i heard they were putting gum drops in all of our quickbelt slots.

i guess we could look at it a different way. no news is good news. if they were constantly giving us updates, they could potentially be fatal.

If they are fatal, they are going to be fatal. Regardless of the consistency of the updates O_o I'd rather know shit was kaputt than think i was going to have NC up tomorrow.

Flub900
07-07-08, 01:56
im guessing that they will go up tomorrow because thats the original date they gave to us and they havent said anything against it. it would be dick of them to tell us tomorrow .....the servers wont be up and it will be a few more days....because weve been waiting for a long time (only a week, but try going a week without eating...its hard)....but leave it to KK to be dicks and not inform us.

MrTrip
07-07-08, 02:41
Step 3

*sighs* Don't hold your breath for tomorrow.

terraman
07-07-08, 04:25
well i dunno why they didn't just say, the servers were supposed to arrive wednesday afternoon, but they didn't arrive until thursday night.. expect the servers to be delayed by a day and a half, so maybe tuesday maybe wednesday.. we'll let you know otherwise

jvasquez33
07-07-08, 05:14
Im sure they are doing everything that they can asap. Its not like they can just move the servers over there and plug it all in and be like OK GO. There is alot of tedious work that goes on to make that sure that everything is in proper working order. Hopefully soon though, need a huge hit of the neocrack in the worst way!

Biglines
07-07-08, 13:00
Step 4
The intensive examination of the hardware has just been finished and the rebuild of the hardware, as well as the adjustment of the software, is currently in progress. As already explained the shipment of the servers has taken longer then expected which is the reason for this delay.

We will inform you as soon as we have more information and ask for a little more patience.

rebuilding of hardware, yay!

zii
07-07-08, 14:37
Projects are created and given certain milestones to mark portions of the project. In this cases Step 1, Step 2 and so. Often these have dates.

All project managers shift the dates as need be because as a project takes unknown factors, that previously could not have been foreseen, drop into the plan.

With hindsight one can identify why something went wrong and therefore learn from the mistakes, but this if often diffucult to predict aforehand.

Its best to treat all dates as flexible dates with good intentions :D I prefer a good delay verses broken servers. This project is not in mine (nor our) hands and I (nor we) have any say in its execution. Ergo, there is no point worrying about it :)

Its 30 degrees here and sunny. Mines outside with the coffee in the café.

Apocalypsox
07-07-08, 17:29
Works for me. Gives me a day to go drive my '68 Chevy around now that i've got a performance fuel injection system in it :D

Hell-demon
07-07-08, 17:43
That's sounds like you don't even have to install a pussy magnet in it :eek:

Apocalypsox
07-07-08, 18:59
That's sounds like you don't even have to install a pussy magnet in it :eek:

Dude, thats why i drive a C20 pickup. I can carry all the more chicks in the back :D

Sharper Blade
07-07-08, 21:03
my first car was a pickup, the second week that i had it i parked it in my driveway and some drunk flew up the curb and smashed into it lol

Jaffo
07-07-08, 22:31
please please please let me play nc lol. you dont know what your making me endure. i am actuallly having to spend time with my gf!!!

i had to watch hollyoaks man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let me escape back into nc please bring it back soon

Dru Blood
07-07-08, 23:06
whats wrong with hollyoaks man?

spending time with the gf yeah i understand :P

her.
08-07-08, 00:08
i feel bad if ure gf's are that bad that u dont like hangin out wit them :/

Dru Blood
08-07-08, 00:31
dont feel bad, i didnt! after 6 years it just got that way so i ended it. its been a blissfull time since.

Reaction77
08-07-08, 01:43
whats wrong with hollyoaks man?
Seriously?

Sharper Blade
08-07-08, 02:30
Is there any possibility of us playing today, within the next few hours?

Hell-demon
08-07-08, 02:38
No.

Guess we all have to go outside

Sharper Blade
08-07-08, 02:54
its raining

Nytewolf2k7
08-07-08, 03:06
There's always the forums ;)

Apocalypsox
08-07-08, 03:35
Me and my girl have now run out of things to do 8|

NEED NEOCRON!!!!

Sharper Blade
08-07-08, 03:38
I was hoping that by the time i got off work the servers would be up but as usual that was not the case, I need my neocrack so bad that last night I had a dream that nc was back up and you implimented some new models into the game and that players had the choice of choosing nc1 skins, A man can dream..A man can dream.

Flub900
08-07-08, 03:57
i had a dream that two servers both had 23% online....then i opened my eyes and realized i wasnt sleeping, just lying there with my eyes closed.

Nytewolf2k7
08-07-08, 04:22
i had a dream that two servers both had 23% online....then i opened my eyes and realized i wasnt sleeping, just lying there with my eyes closed.

Just like me, Only the servers were full 8|

Sharper Blade
08-07-08, 05:03
If I owned kk id just go back to nc1 and advertise that neocron 1 is back and then sit back and be awesome.

Apocalypsox
08-07-08, 05:31
If I owned kk id just go back to nc1 and advertise that neocron 1 is back and then sit back and be awesome.

and watch everyone come back and start complaining about the same old shit again? :lol:

The fact of the matter is, all the bugs that have always been with Neocron are now much more well-handled than they were then. Fatals are a rare occurrence anymore, and mostly based on your system rather than Neocron, although it does indeed eat your memory.

L0KI
08-07-08, 08:18
I'd rather crash 18 times a day and look baddass, that have a *slightly* more stable client and look like a tool.

Jaffo
08-07-08, 08:52
look like a tool? now you got me thinking of them hammers from that pink floyd video you know the walking ones. i wouldnt mind looking like that.

Captainrynor2
08-07-08, 09:10
i'm running xp sp2 with an amd athlon 64 duel core 3800+ gefroce 8600 GT superclocked with a gig duel channel and i still get FRE like 3 or 4 times an hr. so how can do some of you hardly get it anymore?

MadMeleeFreak
08-07-08, 09:30
Having 2 Gigs of Ram, prevents you from a lot of FRE's caused by Memory Leaks.
Switching off Hardware Acceleration for Sound in Wndows prevents you from some more FRE's. Regularly defragmenting the Hard Drive hosting NC also does it's part. The rest is luck I guess. Normaly I fatal once in 2 or 3 hours. I also happen to fatal more likely, when I'm doing a lot of trades. The Tradesystem seems to bit a bit unstable.

But the old times in NC 1 were much worse, remember? The client used to crash when you were in a trade or looting a mob and got shot while darg'n'dropping items between the inventory and the trade/loot-window.
I fataled 5 to 6 times during half an hour of leveling at the MB bunker.

zii
08-07-08, 09:51

Have you tried hamster sex and duct tape? With duct tape the hamster will give and take.

RAB
08-07-08, 10:08
so..... eta is now please??

SnowCrash
08-07-08, 11:15
"When it's done (TM)"

I would let you know if I would have an ETA for you.

Sharper Blade
08-07-08, 13:28
Let's hope it's up when i get back in 6 hours

zombie23
08-07-08, 13:33

doubt it.... i give it 1 - 2 days...

Max Power Pluto
08-07-08, 13:46
doubt it.... i give it 1 - 2 days...

3-5 days would not surprise me LOL, come on i think we all know how these guys operate by now right?

They make people queue up for their compensation for god sake!!!

cowboys FTW yeeehaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

Enough said!!

Biglines
08-07-08, 13:52
3-5 days would not surprise me LOL, come on i think we all know how these guys operate by now right?

They make people queue up for their compensation for god sake!!!

cowboys FTW yeeehaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

Enough said!!

well queuing them up was cuz their game is "using aged technology" and it's impossible to give people things without the gm spawning thingies

but ye, 3-5 wudn't surprise me either

even though I like that fact that they give an update of those steps, (Thumbs up for that!), I would like to know what steps are required after step 4.

VegaH
08-07-08, 14:18

Sharper.....cmon man....you know like everyone does that :

KK = WoC Holy Anti-Hope

:wtf:

SnowCrash
08-07-08, 14:23
...even though I like that fact that they give an update of those steps, (Thumbs up for that!), I would like to know what steps are required after step 4.

Step 5 would be returning the servers back online. Our hamster tamers are already doing their best to get this little annoying animals back to work. We all just need a little more patience.

Dru Blood
08-07-08, 14:25
pets at home are currently doing a good special offer on hamster mix

Jaffo
08-07-08, 14:47
best way to control them is smother your willy in marmite.

or is that something else?

Bob Saget
08-07-08, 14:48
imo, we should start a player based fund, save up a couple thousand, then spend it all on hamsters and ship them all to kk... just for something to do...

Hell-demon
08-07-08, 14:59

NEED NEOCRON!!!!

Tried sex?

Bob Saget
08-07-08, 15:02
Tried sex?

that is disgustion hell-demon.. you sick sick man :mad:

Biglines
08-07-08, 15:02
tbh, having constant sex for the time that neocron has been down isn't good for a relationship, the missus is already getting tired of me atm ;)

Hell-demon
08-07-08, 15:11
Lend her to me? :rolleyes:

her.
08-07-08, 17:08
aight enough wit the fuckin hamster joke.....that shit is jsut startin to piss me off....fuck hamsters.....and i kno hamsters and runnin around in lil circles to run these servers....so enough wit it plz....shits just gettin annoy in all hell....just admit u guys cant ever make a damn deadline

Hell-demon
08-07-08, 17:16
You know what you need...

a nice furry hamster.

Cheer you right up.

Seraphin[69]
08-07-08, 17:21
Switching off Hardware Acceleration for Sound in Wndows prevents you from some more FRE's. Regularly defragmenting the Hard Drive hosting NC also does it's part. The rest is luck I guess. Normaly I fatal once in 2 or 3 hours. I also happen to fatal more likely, when I'm doing a lot of trades. The Tradesystem seems to bit a bit unstable.

Vista x64 RTM SP1, 8Gig of ram, 8800 GTX, E6600@2.81Ghz and NC is crashing hmmm from 0 to 1 time in 4 hours :-p

Jaffo
08-07-08, 17:57
please let me play tonight, i cant stand another night of hollyoaks and that other girly crap.

ill do a deal with you KK. ill trade you my gf for your nc?

Hell-demon
08-07-08, 18:11
Just play something else.

Counterstrike?

Dungeon Keeper 2?

zombie23
08-07-08, 18:21
Just play something else.

Counterstrike?

Dungeon Keeper 2?

nah dude, cs gets boring too quickly... unless you hire your own server... thats fun...

Archtemplar
08-07-08, 18:25
I played the Neocron offline demo. :D

Ah the nc1 memories... :p

Apocalypsox
08-07-08, 18:30
I played the Neocron offline demo. :D

Ah the nc1 memories... :p

Lol Isn't it fucking awesome? :D

Captainrynor2
08-07-08, 18:50
Switching off Hardware Acceleration for Sound in Wndows prevents you from some more FRE's. Regularly defragmenting the Hard Drive hosting NC also does it's part...

how does having 2gigs of ram prevent memory leaks? also thanks for the hardware acceleration for the sound. Also NTFS doesnt tend to fragment unless you move big files around.

MadMeleeFreak
08-07-08, 19:00
2 gig doesn't prevent the leak (which i didn't write actualy), it actualy prevents you from fataling to often because of being out of physical memory and having to swap.

Sharper Blade
08-07-08, 19:21
I'm back and it's not up, KK you should always say its going to take 2 or 3 days more then it actually will so people aren't bitching at you like I am, Hurry it up i'm so bored.

Jaffo
08-07-08, 20:12
or they should say it will take 2 weeks so if its up before it means that their service looks good.

Captainrynor2
08-07-08, 20:21
2 gig doesn't prevent the leak (which i didn't write actualy), it actualy prevents you from fataling to often because of being out of physical memory and having to swap.

ahh okay. but the stats display in nc doesnt say i ever run out of memory, also have alot of extra virtual memory allocated. hm well have to wait till nc gets up.

Flub900
08-07-08, 20:35
im pretty sure there is no hardware acceleration for my sound because i cant find it....but maybe im just an idiot. i looked through all the properties for my soundcard and couldnt find it :confused:

MaverickRUS
08-07-08, 20:43
im pretty sure there is no hardware acceleration for my sound because i cant find it....but maybe im just an idiot. i looked through all the properties for my soundcard and couldnt find it :confused:
START->Run...->"dxdiag"->Sound

Sharper Blade
08-07-08, 20:49
*gets ready to snort huge line of neocrack*
im waiting for Servers back up! - step 5

Hell-demon
08-07-08, 20:54
Doubt you'll be playing tonight

Apocalypsox
08-07-08, 21:09
No, but fucking tomorrow, Pistol tank here i come!

Hell-demon
08-07-08, 21:37
I'll get your pistols for you then.

jvasquez33
08-07-08, 22:09
Im so expecting a 5 slotted Cursed Soul now, no ands ifs of butts. EXPECTING!

terraman
08-07-08, 22:15
you're expecting another free item as compensation? we already have the price lowered to less than half the orignal price...
also the compensation wasn't that great last time as it is, it damaged the economy quite a lot.. everyone that was around before has what they always wanted the most now

jvasquez33
08-07-08, 22:24
I come back to the game after playing beta/release hardcore and I reactivate and now its down for a long time and money isnt an issue. Get the point yet? Back to WoW I guess.

Apocalypsox
08-07-08, 22:39
I come back to the game after playing beta/release hardcore and I reactivate and now its down for a long time and money isnt an issue. Get the point yet? Back to WoW I guess.

[ Edited ]

jvasquez33
08-07-08, 22:49
[ Edited ] Beta/release was absolutely the best neocron ever, you would drop anything that you had on you. The neocron of today pvp wise vs death penalty cant compare, thats the only reason why I left it in the first place cuz they changed it to where you cant drop your wep. Thats carebear IMO.

Lambchops
08-07-08, 22:54
There definately shouldn't be another round of compensation items, but with the servers being offline for more than just a few days, some type of compensation should be given to those who already paid. Maybe a discounted monthly rate off the already lowered price for 3 months? That way we get the money back for the week it was off while KK doesn't have to shell out a bunch of cash to pay for refunds. Instead of 5 euros per month (sorry, no euros symbol on my keyboard), make it 4.75 for 3 months, then go back up to 5 after the 3 months are up. That would be better than nothing.

FYI, the price being lowered isn't considered compensation since everyone will be paying that, even those who first join after the server comes back up.

jvasquez33
08-07-08, 23:03
There definately shouldn't be another round of compensation items, but with the servers being offline for more than just a few days, some type of compensation should be given to those who already paid. Maybe a discounted monthly rate off the already lowered price for 3 months? That way we get the money back for the week it was off while KK doesn't have to shell out a bunch of cash to pay for refunds. Instead of 5 euros per month (sorry, no euros symbol on my keyboard), make it 4.75 for 3 months, then go back up to 5 after the 3 months are up. That would be better than nothing.

FYI, the price being lowered isn't considered compensation since everyone will be paying that, even those who first join after the server comes back up.

Exactly my thoughts. careful man, there are some carebears on here that are going to cry about your post now.

Sharper Blade
08-07-08, 23:03
im going to go crazy if i dont get some neocrack by tonight

Xeno LARD
08-07-08, 23:06
Out of interest, what was the last compo item?

jvasquez33
08-07-08, 23:06
im going to go crazy if i dont get some neocrack by tonight

Dude, ive been going crazy since I reactivated lol. The shakes are starting to kick in I think haha

L0KI
08-07-08, 23:08
Wow, some people are REALLY missing teh cronnage!

I'm reactivating as soon as it comes back online tbh

nellus
08-07-08, 23:26
Out of interest, what was the last compo item?

It was an item of your choice as long as it still existed ingame, there were a few exceptions items that are still ingame on some chars but which can no longer be gained babesuit for example.

VegaH
08-07-08, 23:40

True that.

Though the KK WoC Holy Anti-Hope doesn't give a fuck about that...or they never said they gave a fuck about it if they do. :mad:

RAB
08-07-08, 23:49

Yeah right... apart from those of us who paid 6 months up front only now to be told we WONT be getting a discount until it runs out. So for SURE we aint getting compensated.... rogered up the ar$e royaly more like it. Anyone at cron hq care.... ha.. care about their customers.... them... ha!

jvasquez33
09-07-08, 00:05
Yea lol, basically a live it with it type deal, such good customer relations that they have. Well I reactivated and played for about 3 days before they went down haha.

Apocalypsox
09-07-08, 00:26
What was left of the econemy is already fucked up enough. You guys can deal with the downage, or we can be down for 2 more weeks the next time that fucking server provider decides to take a shit.

Sharper Blade
09-07-08, 00:41
lets sum reakktor's service up in 1 word

Biglines
09-07-08, 01:01
hamsters

Archtemplar
09-07-08, 01:03
We all got postpwned. :p

Flub900
09-07-08, 01:34
[ edited ]

nellus
09-07-08, 01:38
The previous data centre fucked up big time and we lost the servers for a week, no fault of KK's. Obviously there must have been problems with what service they got in sorting the problems as they have taken a positive step and have moved the servers.

I would say that was a positive step in the right direction from KK, and i am happy to wait a few extra days so they get the servers set up right at the new data centre and we don'thave problems when the servers are re opened.

Im like Rab in the last 2 months all 4 of my accounts have renewed on the 6 month subscription plan so i will not see any of the price drop benefit for at least another 4 months, but thats not a problem as i chose to pay by the 6 month subscription, its money i have all ready spent not what im going to spend in the next few months. All i hope is that the lower price fetches more players in to expand our comunity.

Sharper Blade
09-07-08, 01:40
eta? servers gonna be up any time soon, or is it gonna be tomorrow?
and if i see Down for maintenance! on the launcher 1 more time im going to go crazy

jvasquez33
09-07-08, 02:23
lol sharper

Sharper Blade
09-07-08, 03:16
kk you can never keep a damn deadline =/

Archtemplar
09-07-08, 03:30
kk you can never keep a damn deadline =/

to be fair, they said estimated... and included that the transit was delayed... And thats not including the unforeseen shitstorm that's inevitably brewing. I suspect it'll be another week at least.

Sharper Blade
09-07-08, 04:10
are you guys planning on having this kind of service with black prophecy? if so good fucking luck

Apocalypsox
09-07-08, 04:52
are you guys planning on having this kind of service with black prophecy? if so good fucking luck

You need to cool your shit sharper, go get drunk or something. They said there will be a fucking delay due to transport. they are working their asses off to get it back up. we ARE a source of income. Plus, i'd like to see you do any better. You woulda tripped and dropped the fucking hard drive with all our characters on it by now :lol:

Nytewolf2k7
09-07-08, 05:27
It takes a while to move this kinda shit... It took us 6 weeks to move everything from our old workshop to our new one :lol:

Sharper Blade
09-07-08, 05:46
if it takes 6 weeks to get the servers up im gonna go to kk offices and unleash millions of hamsters

jvasquez33
09-07-08, 06:24
Thats not a bad idea sharp, they could use the extra power from the hamsters IMO.

RAB
09-07-08, 10:52
well some of you people are far better than me clearly... personally I hate f-kin paying for nothing.... and currently, again, I am!
Knowing others will get a kinda compensation by means of cheaper subscription and knowing that wont effect me for months to come doesn't really make me feel any better.
If I had money to throw away I guess I wouldn't care but I dont. Life is pretty tough for me and it took a bit of convincing (the wife) to get a subscription to play again... so I went for the 6 month as it was the cheapest... now I'm sooo happy to know that I'm getting such good value for my money... !! bahh!!
Encourage new membership... lose existing more like it!!

Bottom line as far as I am concerned... cheaper subscription = great. Servers down again = really bad. Anything that stops us playing (that not our fault) = RKs responsibility as we pay them! We end up payng them for nothing - AGAIN - they should compensate us. PERIOD.

jvasquez33
09-07-08, 11:00
well some of you people are far better than me clearly... personally I hate f-kin paying for nothing.... and currently, again, I am!
Knowing others will get a kinda compensation by means of cheaper subscription and knowing that wont effect me for months to come doesn't really make me feel any better.
If I had money to throw away I guess I wouldn't care but I dont. Life is pretty tough for me and it took a bit of convincing (the wife) to get a subscription to play again... so I went for the 6 month as it was the cheapest... now I'm sooo happy to know that I'm getting such good value for my money... !! bahh!!
Encourage new membership... lose existing more like it!!

Bottom line as far as I am concerned... cheaper subscription = great. Servers down again = really bad. Anything that stops us playing (that not our fault) = RKs responsibility as we pay them! We end up payng them for nothing - AGAIN - they should compensate us. PERIOD.

Well said.

terraman
09-07-08, 11:46
most players would be happy with the price reduction cause it means a boost to the pretty damn small community, and being able to possibly have another account running now..
guess it's easy to forget there's always someone who's gotta troll their jealousy cause they're not directly compensated for the week downtime loss for a few months cause they were quite happy to pay for 6 months of neocron some months ago.. it's in the past, the money is paid.. just look forward to it not costing as much next time? sorry.. it's just, be a bit appriciative an all? they could've just given us free items like last time and kept the price the same..

edit/ w00t servers up, had a feeling it would be wednesday from the start heh, not too bad really KK wd

Jaffo
09-07-08, 11:55
WOOO HOOO i new they would be back up, i was having a wee and i had this feeling (a bit like the force) telling me to check here and i was right.

*note to self* finishing peeing before running through the office.

Dru Blood
09-07-08, 12:04
see i was right with the eta for wednesday :lol:

hmm

go play!

Jaffo
09-07-08, 12:14
see i was right with the eta for wednesday :lol:

hmm

go play!

cant :( at work, thinking about taking half day though

zombie23
09-07-08, 12:20
*sighs*.... ok..... anyone else having problems accessing the neocron launcher ??

*EDIT* also cannot connect to the server in any way..

CMaster
09-07-08, 12:29
*sighs*.... ok..... anyone else having problems accessing the neocron launcher ??

*EDIT* also cannot connect to the server in any way..

Works for me - check yoru updater.ini has the right values in it?

Nidhogg
09-07-08, 12:30
No problems here. Let us know if you figure it out. Check your firewall.

N

nabbl
09-07-08, 12:35
reboot - pc :-)

zombie23
09-07-08, 12:47
ok firewall is off,
the ini files has never been touched to start with, and they look right to me,
i restarted my computer, same thing.

it fails to connect to the server, i cant even connect to it through intternet explorer.. ie. http://launcher.neocron.com

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/7130/sdfhesrhdrhyu8.png

*EDIT* does neocron have to be run from the C: ? ive tried running it from 2 other drives except the C:. but i would have thought it made no difference..

CMaster
09-07-08, 12:54
ok firewall is off,
the ini files has never been touched to start with, and they look right to me,
i restarted my computer, same thing.

it fails to connect to the server, i cant even connect to it through intternet explorer.. ie. http://launcher.neocron.com

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/7130/sdfhesrhdrhyu8.png

The updater.ini can get screwed up without you even touching it, hence why I mentioned it.

Looks like you're having some other problem. Check updater.ini anyway - it should look something like this:

SERVERIP=83.236.174.254
PORT=8020
PATCHPREFIX=patches\cp
EXE=Client.exe
GAMESERVERIP=83.236.174.254
HOMEURL=http://launcher.neocron.com/
FTPSERVER=ftp.neocron.com
TESTPATCHDIR=/nc2testserver
RETAILPATCHDIR=/nc2retail
ISRETAILVERSION=1

SnowCrash
09-07-08, 12:55
Due to the new server IPs the dns entries had to be adjusted too. This update process takes a while until every DNS server worldwide has the latest update.

Biglines
09-07-08, 12:55
sounds like a dns problem to me (not being updated to the new ip), i have the same, could someone give me the ip address so I can just enter it in my hosts file?

zombie23
09-07-08, 13:03
ok.. i replaced my updater.ini file with;

SERVERIP=83.236.174.254
PORT=8020
PATCHPREFIX=patches\cp
EXE=Client.exe
ISRETAILVERSION=1

it seams to do the same thing :(

Nidhogg
09-07-08, 13:06
Make sure you see Snow's post a few minutes ago. It ended up at the bottom of the previous page in the post graveyard (the last post on the page). ;)

N

zombie23
09-07-08, 13:12
also could someone please tell me if this updater.ini file i have is correct ? i notice it dosent have the ports in it

SERVERIP=83.236.174.254
PORT=8020
PATCHPREFIX=patches\cp
EXE=Client.exe
ISRETAILVERSION=1

SnowCrash
09-07-08, 13:23
Please proceed as following in case of connection problems with the launcher site:

1. Select "Run" in your windows start menue
2. Enter "cmd" and hit "OK"
3. At the command prompt enter ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter
4. Close the command window and start the Neocron launcher

The launcher site should load as usual then.

Xeno LARD
09-07-08, 13:27
yey ^_^

zombie23
09-07-08, 13:31
yes! this worked :) :)

although i still cant connect to the server, but will this fix in time as the server has just been brought back up ?

Xeno LARD
09-07-08, 13:31
Post what the DNS entires should be so that you and add it to your hosts file while the DNS propagates.

zombie23
09-07-08, 13:43
the launcher now works :) but is this normal ?

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/7720/aqegwehgwrhwrhak6.png

the autoupdater just stays like that :S

SnowCrash
09-07-08, 14:04
Please try a reboot of your PC.

zii
09-07-08, 14:13
DNS propagartion may take up to 48 hours. Depends on each servers TTL for the entries. I think most big resolvers use short TTLs.

It might be quicker to shove the IP and host name into the hosts files. I think that it is under windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts, or something simiular. The format of the file is self explanitary

e.g.

#hostname IP-address
fred.bloggs.server.com 111.222.333.444

StevenJ
09-07-08, 14:14
Just wondering - if someone installed NC already fully patched up to Vista (such as copying from another installation) - and it's in c:\program files or similar, would they experience an error in trying to rewrite updater.ini? Or if that was set to read-only perhaps, that could mess things up..

- edit, as Zii said, do the hosts thing - but be sure that notepad doesn't append .txt to the end of the filename. And make sure you do Snow's ipconfig/flushdns afterwards

zombie23
09-07-08, 14:31
Please try a reboot of your PC.

still the same :( ill try another day

Nidhogg
09-07-08, 15:12
Do another check of your firewall. I know you said you turned it off but once something like Zonealarm has blocked an IP it stays blocked whether the firewall is running or not. You have to physically unblock it yourself. Worth a try...

N

zombie23
09-07-08, 16:29
thanks for everyones help, i finally got it working :)
until i fataled, everything reset itself .. eg the ini files,
looks like i have to repeat this prosses every time i fatal or log off lol
but at least i know its possible to work.

*EDIT* ok ive found out something that goes wrong, i change the updater.ini file to;
SERVERIP=83.236.174.254
PORT=8020
PATCHPREFIX=patches\cp
EXE=Client.exe
ISRETAILVERSION=1
USELOCALPORT=1
LOCALPORT=34312

after i do this i try and run the game, but autoupdater stays blank, i check the updaTER.INI file and it is;

SERVERIP=127.0.0.0
PORT=8020
PATCHPREFIX=patches\cp
EXE=Client.exe
GAMESERVERIP=127.0.0.0
ISRETAILVERSION=1
USELOCALPORT=1
LOCALPORT=34312

i dont know what to do or how to change this, everytime i try it just resets itself back to this incorrect ip.

many thanks to everyone

Nidhogg
09-07-08, 16:57
Mark the updater.ini as read-only in Windows.

N

msressi
09-07-08, 17:29
Thanks Nidhogg for getting NC running by Wednesday :angel:

Nidhogg
09-07-08, 18:13
Thanks Nidhogg for getting NC running by Wednesday :angel:
You're welcome. I worked very hard on this. ;)

N

Seraphin[69]
09-07-08, 18:52
Launcher IP is 83.236.174.250 but the website is not responding.

When will we be able to resub ?

Okran
09-07-08, 21:24
All your efforts are greatly appreciated on getting this back up and running.

I raise my glass and shout cheers to all those involved in the migration.

Hip hip hooray!

Sharper Blade
09-07-08, 22:33
k well this is annoying so im gonna go ahead and bypass the launcher, letting you know in advance.

edit: well that didnt work =/

Dru Blood
09-07-08, 22:50
blade what u having problems with mate?

MrTrip
10-07-08, 00:52
I got connected just fine.

Blah...no improvement in pings....actually a little worse now :\

Apocalypsox
10-07-08, 01:45
my connection works just fine after i did the DNSflush. Reactivating.

RAB
10-07-08, 03:11
All your efforts are greatly appreciated on getting this back up and running.

I raise my glass and shout cheers to all those involved in the migration.

Hip hip hooray!

what is it with people??

let me get this straight.... you pay this company for a service... they take it away for a week+/- for reasons that suit them NOT you... you still pay even though you're not actually getting the service you're paying for... and you 'thank them' for it when they re-instate the service you were paying for all along ?????
if I robbed you on the street would you thank me for that too ?!?!?!?

dont tell me it's any other way cos it's not. you're kidding yourself if you think it is. and dont tell me it's some kind of team effort etc... cos it's not either... we pay them remember. not the other way. if you stopped paying they would cut you off in a second. But reverse the rolls and it's completely different. they are more than happy to take your money for nothing!!

I know... all of you who like giving you're money away for nothing... DM me and I'll send you my paypal details and you can send me some. Thanks ;)
*very sarcastic tone*

they wonder why the population is so low on such an otherwise good game!!???

Apocalypsox
10-07-08, 03:13
They definetly suit me, [ edited ]. I would rather have stable service (And 30 more constant ping :mad: ) Than have the servers out for days at a time every two weeks because the server provider is a piece of shit.

RAB
10-07-08, 03:18
They definetly suit me, [ Edited ]. I would rather have stable service (And 30 more constant ping :mad: ) Than have the servers out for days at a time every two weeks because the server provider is a piece of shit.

[ Edited ]

You miss the point completely. You're paying for that service regardless. If they cant supply it for whatever reason then it is down to them to compensate you for it if they have to take it down to 'fix' things.

Nytewolf2k7
10-07-08, 05:35
Sweeet, Now time for my long overdue dose of Neocrack :p

Apocalypsox
10-07-08, 06:36
[ Edited ]

You miss the point completely. You're paying for that service regardless. If they cant supply it for whatever reason then it is down to them to compensate you for it if they have to take it down to 'fix' things.

Thats fine, but no one is forcing you to pay for this game, nor stay here. Its only your greed that tells you "WELL SHIT, I DESERVE COMPENSATION FOR THEM HAVING TO HAVE THE SERVERS DOWN! LETS SUE ALL THE COMPANIES THAT TRY TO PROVIDE RELIABLE SERVICE OR NEED TO PATCH THEIR GAME!"

zii
10-07-08, 09:44
For Gods sake. Whine bitch whine. Payment or not, the world has to function and change. Barclays Bank often shut down their online banking for patching/software upgrades. The same goes for the company I work for (an online gaming jobby) and we have to stop the service to release new software. Big companies do this, and smaller ones do this. Clearly, NC has no DR/failover site capabilities otherwise the server would have failed over to DR while the server was moved, unless the DR/failover is in the same data centre. ;)

The server move has not caused a revenue loss for KK and most people are content that the move was successful : the service is up, albeit 2 days later than expected, but this is always the way.

We pay for a service, but we have to expect outages for patching and server moves. Moving live servers from one data centre to another is a harrowing time.

Lets make a comparison: WOW . The server is shutdown daily for an hour. This is 365 hours or 15 days per annun. Given the difference is player base and budget size, who is better for server outages. Even when we double 15 to 30 days per annun then KK is doing pretty well. Do you scream like you are on the WOW forums, or have you taken WOW to court and put your money where your mouth is?

The job is done now lets get back to killing each other.

RAB
10-07-08, 09:52
you're still missing the point:... but I guess I should be thankful you didnt resort to petty childish insults again!

I AM paying for it and for the past week, again, I WASNT getting what I WAS PAYING FOR, through no fault of my own.
Cron worked fine for me before, I see no improvement now, I'm still paying a higher rate for subscription so I have no gain from the past week to make me happy about it in any way shape or form. Just another weeks money for nothing as far as I am concerned. Fine it may suit you, but we both pay dont we?
Greed has nothing to do with it. I dont want 'more' than I have paid for.

Do you not get that? Is that simple principal too much for you to understand?

Put it this way... this is exactly the same as the principal behind you buying a new car and it running bad. You take it back to the garage and they charge you to put it right.
Would you be happy about that? No. Thats because it was their responsibility to sell you a car that ran right in the first place !!!

Not going to waste my time with this anymore... I think I have made my opinion clear enough.

P.S. I'd rather an hour a day than a week at a time. If you havn't already worked it out... a week's worth of hours is nearly 6 months worth of hours a day anyway!! and I am entitled to 'whine' :p I'm just gobsmacked when people are thankful for getting ripped off!? and yes... back to killing shite.

Faid
10-07-08, 14:35
[ edited ] Ofcourse it's outrageous that the service we pay for isn't provided for 9 days and we are not compensated at all, instead we are told, in order to mask the gross negligence, that subs are to be lowered after the downtime, forget all of us that pay the 6 month sub, we are screwed again.

So apoc is right, noone is forcing you to pay and play, you should just quit, because you will certainly gain no ground on these forums.

Riddle
10-07-08, 15:00
quit?....quit the crack...OMG...get shakes.....:p

Asurmen Spec Op
10-07-08, 16:27
[ edited ]

Okran
10-07-08, 22:57
The move was un-avoidable for NC so... build a bridge and get over it!

Has it ever occurred to you that one possible reason why they moved it in the first place is in connection with the subscription reduction? Whether that is the case or not it is still fact that the monthly subscription price will be halved very shortly.

So the week that we all lost will be given back to us along with another free week once a players current subscription expires. From then onwards we're all getting four weeks for the price of two.

RAB
10-07-08, 23:35
[ edited ] you will certainly gain no ground on these forums.

I know... Just venting... shitty night, short temper, had to shout at someone/thing.
Problem is I love the game.
Sry if I got shitty with any fellow gamers earlier. Didnt mean to direct it at you chaps.

jvasquez33
11-07-08, 01:32
Well they need to do some major advertising or something cuz its pretty dead in there atm on Terra. Reactivated few days before the server migration and was making a new char and didn't see a single person the entire time. Somebody with good forum troll power needs to start advertising the game somewhere, do something cuz frankly, its pretty dead. And I love Neocron.

Faid
11-07-08, 01:35
[ edited ]

gstyle40
11-07-08, 02:04
i saw u runnin around drudown :D but nothin was goin on that nite :/ been like that for a lil bit now. when i first get home from work there is a lil action in p2 for about an hour or 2 then.....nothin :( so usually log

MrTrip
11-07-08, 03:12
Just my two cents here...I'm glad the price got lowered because the ping has seemed to go up *sigh*