PDA

View Full Version : The Pain Has To End : Faction Switchs

Neallys
27-06-08, 15:28
Hiya,

I guess the thread title is pretty self-explaining. None of us like to spend hours switching factions, especially with a negative sympathy.

Honestly, could anyone tell me they made the Anarchy Breeds harassors missies from -99 to 10 ? I think this might be blocking the Outpost scene, people usually "group" switch from a faction to an other. That makes the fights different, and it needs to be that way.

There should really be a faster way to recover sympathy for a specific faction. I know most of you would say "yeah but faction sympathies are normal, it's real to make it a pain if you been acting bad to a faction". But seriously, when a GM tells me it's easy to do the missions, that you just have to find a PPU, etc. Who the hell would spend his time with you just for faction sympathy ? Come on, it's a game, we are not on it 24h/ so we just waste time and get stuck in factions we got sympathy for.

I really doubt any GM ever took the time to do that. And i'm not even talking about a PPU who has 10 of symp to an enemy, and go to kill rats. We have other things to do in Neocron, this is not fun at all ! How is a PPU who was APU before and kicked some neutral asses is meant to recover his SL with TH missies ?

I really think this is making the game stuck, everyone always keep trying to make balance fair in OP scene, but nowadays you just attack neutral and allied outposts.

Jaffo
27-06-08, 16:24
i understand where your coming from, only last night did i spend 2 + hours getting 35 faction symp for ca so my ppu could change to ca from tt.

i was just doing tl10 very wasy recycle missions

HOG
27-06-08, 17:02
those big missions are a pain...u should get more symp for them =0

Neallys
27-06-08, 17:29
There should be something more funny to do to gain sympathy, switching multiples character is just a pain, even ignoring the negative sympathy problem.

Reaction77
27-06-08, 18:43
Faction donations? Donate so many credits to that faction to get sympathy.

Or an epic type mission that you can take no matter how low your sympathy is. That sets your faction stmpathy to 10 for that faction.

Just throwing ideas about here :D

Terror_Nonne
28-06-08, 04:01
yeah, this sux. i played a hacker and in the past you could not work without - symp in the hacking job. but no problem, go to the enemy faction dns area und kill some mobs. but then the hellpatch month ago, the features was gone... no sympchange inside hacknet with mobs.

and now... yeah - 60 symp by all enemy faction... and i could need a new faction after years... Oo damn AND no hacknet-missis, or mobs to change this shit. and the th missis sux, too. i have tried it with a spy. but this is a very old story... its time to change this shit. bring the old nc1 rule, kill enemy faction guards inside of the nonsave hq and get + symp for an enemy faction of this one, thats it... and bring some hot missis, hacknet-features... etc... its so simple. but we need no features here.. :/

naimex
28-06-08, 09:27
This is the fastest way I know of doing it.

Get hold of a some of the research missions, you get this little item, that you need to make 3 blueprints from and then hand in.

Take it to or give it to your own researcher, then just make a lot of blueprints.

When you have the amount of blueprints you estimate you would need to do an X number of mission runs, before you can go to the next difficulty of missions, then take a new or all 3 of the different tl research missions for that difficulty.

Take it to a / or your own reseracher, make as many bluerints as you think is neccessary to take you to the next difficulty.

Rinse and repeat until you are at the desired sympathy with the desired faction.

Then all you have to do is run between the guy you hand in to, and the citycom to take the next mission that matches the blueprints you had made over and over and over.

Obviously this only works after you've gained enough sympathy to do the first level missions for the faction you wish to change to.

Before that... I have no clue what is the fastest way. or well I do, but I think it's a wrong way of doing things, so I won't list those 2 options here.

Neallys
29-06-08, 15:10
Honestly said I want to do a new clan around. That would make Neocron lives more, and that kind of things but with this system i'm just stuck. Even fi I bother moving my 3 chars including a PPU to that enemy faction, will the people I play with will be motivated to do that as well ? Probably not.

This has to change, that's my opinion about it.

zii
29-06-08, 21:20
Just place a menu in the CityCom whereby you can change faction once a day to a faction of your choice...

@Neally, why not make a clan in your current faction so that the other players won't have to change their faction?

Biglines
30-06-08, 00:19
I suppose part of an mmo, is roleplay (not that i take that too seriously), but keeping in tune with the whole story of the game, isn't changing faction supposed to be difficult (or boring, same deal)... I mean, there's a point to being part of a faction...

Apocalypsox
30-06-08, 00:35
Kinda what Biglines said. You can make new characters just fine, i know some of you can cap a character in 4 days or less. Ive personally had all my serious characters in NEXT since i started, and i have no intentions of changing.

Neallys
30-06-08, 00:51
Again the purpose is more likely to be balancing the OP scene at first, and not loosing that much SL when killing someone who is enemy to you. We constantly keep moving to keep it fair.

On the other side I understand this way to make things work, or partially. Single players have to get a hard time to belong in their new faction, and that's the Roleplay I guess. On the other side, why missions have to be such a pain ? Can't you win more than a point with harder missies, can't you directly select the mission in the citycom ? Or can't you select multiple missies in a row so you don't have to go back to the citycom everytime ? (because that's what makes it boring basically)

Does the factionboard have a sense if everyone shoot their allied because they want to fight them but can't be arsed to join the enemy faction ? And, some people have less time to spend into neocron than the others, switching a few characters can then take really plenty of time.

zii
30-06-08, 09:37
As far as I know If you are in an OP fight against a friendly then you won't loose faction sympathy or soul light.

However, whats the problem with negative SL. You shot him; He didn't shoot you. I have had less than -32 on several occasions. All I did was take a crap gun with me and shoot things while watching my back at the same time and being ready to fight or take flight. Adds an element to the game ;)

Neallys
30-06-08, 13:44
We can sure fight people in Outposts without SL or sympathy loss. Again, what's the point of the factionboard then ?

I did fight plenty of time with neg SL, believe me, doing over 400 TSU recycle missies in the same day just to get back 5 times from -99 SL is not as much fun as it sounds. And If you think having teams of PPU'ed people running after you is an element, well.

I still think it takes too much time, I'm sorry but this should change, you already have to pay 300K and I think that's enough. As suggested, maybe you should be able to give money or maybe unID E parts to gain like 5 or 10 sympathy points, or something like that.

Riddle
30-06-08, 14:32
It makes sense to me that OP zones do not give SL loss, that is not to say the faction board is worthless, more i think that Friendly fire is catered for.

Hell the amount of op wars i been to over the years it's easily done with the AOE fire that used to be used so much.

I think the issue here is the lone runner who defends himself against a PK attempt only to be rewarded with -SL, however in that one instance the hit is not to bad. If your down at -99 then you have surely kiled numerous allieds?

The game is not a FPS counterstike wannabe it was created to have an element of roleplay hence the factions etc. Please don't whinge you have a bit of work to do because you choose to operate outside that basis.

Neallys
30-06-08, 14:45
As you just said it yourself, there's nothing you can do when someone attacks you and is neutral/friendly. The point is, let's say there are 2 clans in the same faction, none of them are bothered to move over because it's so long and boring, then you don't have a choice, you gotta lose a great deal of SL.

How can you make the right things by killing your enemies if it is a pain to switch factions ? There are multiple gamestyles and I'm sorry to tell you this but, Neocron isn't only about Roleplaying. A few aren't even in it, at all. And even if I was, this still doesn't change anything, just because you do roleplaying means you have to stay in the same faction/alliance for years ?

Riddle
30-06-08, 15:06
As you just said it yourself, there's nothing you can do when someone attacks you and is neutral/friendly. I didn't say it myself.
My point was one attack does not take you from 100SL to -99 you are obviously killing numerous allied faction players.

The point is, let's say there are 2 clans in the same faction, none of them are bothered to move over because it's so long and boring, then you don't have a choice, you gotta lose a great deal of SL.
InterFaction Fighting always goes on has done for years, I would suggest you request KK to implement Clan Wars as promised many moons ago to solve your SL issue, rather than SL itself.

There are multiple gamestyles and I'm sorry to tell you this but, Neocron isn't only about Roleplaying.
A few aren't even in it, at all. And even if I was, this still doesn't change anything, just because you do roleplaying means you have to stay in the same faction/alliance for years ?.

I never suggested the game is all about roleplay, yes one of my mains is roleplay but thats how i play that single char.
I have combat chars who fight also if i decide to kill allieds then i deal with the SL like the rest, boring missions.

The basis of this game is Factions, I was glad to see and end to the Red v's Blue crap on the Faction patch and return to NC1 style tbh. If you want to continually fight another clan in the same faction then deal with it. or Move as tbh it would probably take less time for your clan to move faction than it would to keep recovering all that SL.

Neallys
30-06-08, 16:18
That is why I'm stuck. I'm neither bothered to recover Sl or do TH missies or recycle missions. That explains why I haven't played since long and all I do is just OP fight. As a roleplayer you must be very disappointed with PvE also, aren't you ?

Riddle
30-06-08, 17:03
That is why I'm stuck. I'm neither bothered to recover Sl or do TH missies or recycle missions. That explains why I haven't played since long and all I do is just OP fight. As a roleplayer you must be very disappointed with PvE also, aren't you ?

PVE? WTF, :lol: i roleplay my main, i PK with my alts in fact i have spent time in many clans at many OP wars. Because i roleplay my Main people think i have no PvP skills? OMG.

I keep my Alts identity secret as i don't want it to affect my "Emporium" business, i mean fancy coming to the guy who has repaired your shit for years, a player you like and trust, only to find out he's the one who keeps ganking your sorry ass ;)

If OP war is all you want to do then why is SL a problem? I thought we had already said there was no SL loss in an OP zone and no drop belt either.

PVE is another matter altogether along with Melee balancing but leave that all to another thread:angel:

Neallys
30-06-08, 17:21
If OP war is all you want to do then why is SL a problem? I thought we had already said there was no SL loss in an OP zone and no drop belt either.

it's not all I want to do, it's all I CAN do ? Oh yeah let's go to plaza2 and have a lot of fun. But that's another problem.