PDA

View Full Version : few more questions

Jaffo
27-06-08, 09:39
right, i played my old ppu from nc1 last night which was fun, however i no longer have a clue what im doing!!!!

can some one update me on what spells i should have, as i have all the old nc 1 spells. for example, i noticed that my para dont work any more as its gone to apu? have they swapped loads of spells?

are there any rare spells for ppu anymore???

why are my spells taking so long to cast? and what sort of psi useage do i need to cap spells now?

and where can i buy the top ppu spells / items / armour now?

also, un ppu related, does anyone know if theres a way (if its allowed) to change the in game font for the text as i really struggle to read stuff in teh font thats currently in game.

Many THanks for any help provided.

danmalone
27-06-08, 10:28
right, i played my old ppu from nc1 last night which was fun, however i no longer have a clue what im doing!!!!

can some one update me on what spells i should have, as i have all the old nc 1 spells. for example, i noticed that my para dont work any more as its gone to apu? have they swapped loads of spells?

are there any rare spells for ppu anymore???

why are my spells taking so long to cast? and what sort of psi useage do i need to cap spells now?

and where can i buy the top ppu spells / items / armour now?

also, un ppu related, does anyone know if theres a way (if its allowed) to change the in game font for the text as i really struggle to read stuff in teh font thats currently in game.

Many THanks for any help provided.

Holy absorber/deflector/protector (red = fire/poison, blue = nrg/xray, white = force/pierce)

Those are the shields you need to be using, there are rare versions of these (holy deflection/protection/absorbtion) which are easier to cap i believe.
A majority of setups now incorporate both holy spirit armour (not sure if thats it but the highest lvl psi stuff) mixed with the kevlar stuff.

Its true, PPU's lost the holy para and gained the Holy Antibuff so i would suggest you also get your hand on one of those. PPU's dont really ever need to use any other rare spells as the true sight sanctum doesnt work 'too' effectively ;)

Final suggestion would be to get all your current spells rebuilt as the construction cap was raied to 99% before you even start modding :p

Jaffo
27-06-08, 10:40
Final suggestion would be to get all your current spells rebuilt as the construction cap was raied to 99% before you even start modding :p

cool thanks, what do you mean about the csting i dont understand.

does this also mean that i am going to lose all my 5 slot stuff?

CMaster
27-06-08, 11:00
First off, you may find this (http://www.techhaven.org/db/weapons/psi/ppu) or this (http://www.techhaven.org/db/view/ppu.html) page on the THN item DB helpful. Not entirley complete, but has pretty much everything you would be looking for. The high level items are available from a smuggler in PP2, by the temple of cleansing fire.

It actually answers a bunch of your questions straight away.

As alluded to above, there are now 3 different shield types.
Absorber for energy/xray
Protecor for fire/poision
Deflector for pierce/force

There are the normal/blessed/holy spells, then a rare set called protection/absoption/deflection. There have the same level of protection, but have higher psi drain and a higher frequency cap, as well as getting theoretically better stats due to being made from tech parts.

All old para spells became APU "frozen" spells - basically energy/fire combo. However some new, lower level para spells do exist. Apparently not very effective however.

As from frequency - as you'll observe from this article (http://www.techhaven.org/resources/weapon-guides/2.2-weapon-skill-influence-guide.html), Psi Use no longer effects cast frequency. It's a factor of PPU and FCS instead. Mostly the reason spells seem slow is that I imagine they have a lower freq cap than you remember.

PPUs now have all the antibuff spells too.
Meanwhile exorcist removes all negative status (db/para) and Catharsis removes stacks. Both are a lot slower and more psi use consuming than the individual spells to do the same job, so don't see much use.

Oh, and on your final point. it's a problem often raised and equally often ignored by KK. I do believe it's possible but forbidden, and I wouldn't immediatley know how.

Jaffo
27-06-08, 11:47
excellent, i have had a look on the link you posted and its proper confusing lol
although very good and detailed

on this:

Category: PSI Support (PPU)
Damage (100): Base 10 %, PPU 70 %, FCS 20 %
Frequency (100): Base 10 %, PPU 30 %, FCS 40 %, PPW 20
Range (100): Base 10 %, PPU 20 %, FCS 40 %, PPW 30
Handling (100): Base 10 %, PPU 20 %, FCS 40 %, PSU 30 %

what does that mean?

StevenJ
27-06-08, 12:13
excellent, i have had a look on the link you posted and its proper confusing lol
although very good and detailed

on this:

Category: PSI Support (PPU)
Damage (100): Base 10 %, PPU 70 %, FCS 20 %
Frequency (100): Base 10 %, PPU 30 %, FCS 40 %, PPW 20
Range (100): Base 10 %, PPU 20 %, FCS 40 %, PPW 30
Handling (100): Base 10 %, PPU 20 %, FCS 40 %, PSU 30 %

what does that mean?

It means in a round-about way, that psi damage (the effectiveness of your shields, heal, etc in a PPU's case) is influenced 70% by your PPU points, 20% by focussing, and 10% 'base' - this means that PPU modules do not get any advantage for damage as 10% base is the norm. (c.f. pistol aim speed is 20% base, that means you get better aim speed compared to something with a 10% base aim speed, as your points are less important to that weapon.)

Jaffo
27-06-08, 12:35
ah ok starting to understand now, what does base mean?

danmalone
27-06-08, 12:39
cool thanks, what do you mean about the csting i dont understand.

does this also mean that i am going to lose all my 5 slot stuff?

Well from your post you say that you have the NC1 ppu spells... I hope im right in saying that the base (constructed ;) ) stats would be 84/94% (not sure the exact number cause it was a long time ago)

Now when you build them they will come out with base stats of 99% across the board meaning that any 5slot spells made now would be more superior than the old ones as you would be able to achieve artifact (120) % on each stat. :)

/edit

So instead of building a Holy heal with stats of 94dmg/94freq/94hand/94range
You would end up with one with 99dmg/99freq/99hand/99range... This would result in you capping your spells easier :p

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what the base constucted numbers were before they became 99%... Its annoying cause i cant remember :(

CMaster
27-06-08, 12:57
ah ok starting to understand now, what does base mean?

Ignore the base in those skill things. It's nothng you can change, just means that even if you have no skills invested, you can still do non-zero damage.

Basically in the case of PPU frequency, FCS is about twice as effective per point as PPW (40% being double 20%) and PPU about 50% more effective than PPW (30% being x1.5 of 20%).

The exact numbers don't really matter - what matters is that the higher the percentage, the more important that skill is for that stat, and you should think about that when making setups.

Jaffo
27-06-08, 13:02
cool thanks for your help. man this stuff is complicated.

danmalone
27-06-08, 13:22
cool thanks for your help. man this stuff is complicated.

Whilst that statement may be true... It doesnt apply to all classes, get a spy fixed up with a disruptor and the world is your oyster :p