PDA

View Full Version : Migration of the Neocron 2 server hardware & price reduction

SnowCrash
18-06-08, 14:08
Due to structural changes at our service provider in Hamburg, we are forced to move the Neocron 2 server hardware to a different location. This means that the current hardware will be dismantled in the current data center and then rebuilt and taken back into operation in the new data center. Because of the physical distance between both data centers and the expected additional work on the server hardware, we assume about one week for the migration. This means that the Neocron 2 servers will not be available from June, 30th until estimated July, 7th, 2008. Our tech department will of course endeavour to return the Neocron 2 servers back online as quick as possible.

We are aware that this downtime is anything but fortunate, as the Neocron 2 servers have recently been offline for several days due to technical problems.

After this not so pleasant news, we also have something positive to announce. It has been decided to lower the monthly Neocron 2 subscription fee to the amount of 5.00 € on July 1st, 2008. The three and six month subscription packages will no longer be offered and only the monthly subscription package will remain available. Further details concerning this price reduction will be available during the week of the server migration.

YA5
18-06-08, 15:02
ever! ... ;)

Selendor
18-06-08, 15:13
I had a couple of questions -

- What is the monthly fee now? I can't find it on the Neocron site. Also, what are the 3 & 6 monthly fees currently, so we can break down the monthly cost we're paying in comparison with a €5.00 charge.

Edit nevermind I found it:

STANDARD: 1 month €9.99
ADVANCED: 3 month €24.99
PROFESSIONAL: 6 month €42.99

So for a 6 monthly account its reducing from 7.17 Euros to 5. Nice.

The three and six month subscription packages will no longer be offered

- You might want to explain the thinking behind that change, because the worrying conclusion would be that someone wants it easy to close down Neocron at short notice. If there's another reason (ie problems with payment providers, admin), it would help reassure the community and potential returning players.

Cheers.

Reaction77
18-06-08, 15:30
Great news. Sel, the current prices are...

1 month €9.99
3 months €24.99
6 months €42.99

Brammers
18-06-08, 15:35
I just hope the new Datacenter is as good as the current one, I'm currious to know where the servers will be moved to.

Also the new subscription fee of €5 is a very good move.

- What is the monthly fee now? I can't find it on the Neocron site. Also, what are the 3 & 6 monthly fees currently, so we can break down the monthly cost we're paying in comparison with a €5.00 charge.

Paying with Paypal, €9.99 for 1 month, €24.99 for 3 months and €42.99 for 6 months, so the price is cut in half. The way I got these was by trying to make a new account. Dunno if Click2Pay is any different.

- You might want to explain the thinking behind that change, because the worrying conclusion would be that someone wants it easy to close down Neocron at short notice. If there's another reason (ie problems with payment providers, admin), it would help reassure the community and potential returning players.

I see where you are coming from, and this was one of my first few thoughts. However, I know it's been said many times that KK are here for the long term, but I agree with you a little reassurance in this thread from KK would be most welcome for everyone.

Other than that it's very good news, I may go crazy and make a 4th account! :p

SnowCrash
18-06-08, 15:37

Lowering the subscription fees has already been discussed for quite a while. The whole process took its time due to intensive talks with our publisher and the payment providers. By only offering a monthly subscription, things are much easier and more flexible to handle. There is no intention to shut Neocron down, if you had that in mind.

zii
18-06-08, 15:44
edited: Snowcrash has posted ahead of my post by a few seconds. You are a keyboard devil. I have deleted my earlier rhubard.

Selendor
18-06-08, 15:46
Great news. Sel, the current prices are...

Yeah, I saw, its even greater news for the GMs who don't have to do another round of 4 item compensation per account because of a weeks downtime, surely their heads would explode at that prospect :lol:

By only offering a monthly subscription, things are much easier and more flexible to handle. There is no intention to shut Neocron down, if you had that in mind.
Thanks, thats what I was looking for, it just makes it easier to state it now before speculation mounts ;)

Oh, and 2 more things:

- According to the Neocron Terms of Service we will be receiving an email to inform everyone of this price change?

- Are there any bandwidth or hardware speed implications in this site move?

Neallys
18-06-08, 16:21
The price fee reduction looks like a good thing.

Although we don't really have any developpement for Neocron anymore, that would just mean the game is just not going to be taken care of at all, by the devs ?

That fact isn't really changing the current situation anyway, so If we get the same with about 5€ less, why not :P

Riddle
18-06-08, 17:47
A great opportunity for all you guys to take this time off to good use and put some work into the WIKI! (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Neocron_Wiki:Community_Portal)

Good to hear there is no intention to close NC, o how our minds work http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/tongue.gif

danmalone
18-06-08, 17:49
How about send out an email to ppl stating the new price change? Could bring some players back ;)

danmalone
18-06-08, 17:50
A great opportunity for all you guys to take this time off to good use and put some work into the WIKI! (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Neocron_Wiki:Community_Portal)

http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/tongue.gif[/img]

Gotta love the enthusiasm ;)

Neallys
18-06-08, 17:50
I think the price reduction is a great opportunity to bring old players back, as well as bringing new ones into Neocron

HOG
18-06-08, 18:22
How about send out an email to ppl stating the new price change? Could bring some players back ;)

great idea...do it! ;)

Kanedax
18-06-08, 18:38
Good idea there, definetly. Lets get NC back up asap tho! I'm already getting the shakes.

GRIM
18-06-08, 18:39
I just hope the new Datacenter is as good as the current one

I dont. I hope it is BETTER than the current one...

CMaster
18-06-08, 20:00
Hmm. Will the account server be joining in the move too (after the rather bad service provided there earlier...)?

Anyway, price reducion sounds good, although as someone else has pointed out, it's only fair in a way seeing as the game is no longer being developed.

Also, any plans to do anything about the liscence charge? That already seems pretty steep to new players, and will only seem worse after this change to monthly cost. Removing i entirley or reducing it to say €10-15 sounds good. (Especially as boxes can be picked up for £1-5)

Riddle
18-06-08, 22:27
Hmm. Will the account server be joining in the move too (after the rather bad service provided there earlier...)?

Anyway, price reducion sounds good, although as someone else has pointed out, it's only fair in a way seeing as the game is no longer being developed.

Also, any plans to do anything about the liscence charge? That already seems pretty steep to new players, and will only seem worse after this change to monthly cost. Removing i entirley or reducing it to say €10-15 sounds good. (Especially as boxes can be picked up for £1-5)

True.

This could be an opportunity to revisit the entire package.

Free Download + 14 Day Free Trial. No credit card details required!
Then only €5 a month

Now that's an atractive package to any casual gamer

Flub900
18-06-08, 23:18

I agree. The main reason why most people new to Neocron don't try it out is because they don't want to enter their credit card information. You should have to supply that information ONLY if you want to play after the trial is up. Maybe send an email to the person after the trial is over asking if they wish to continue??

RAB
18-06-08, 23:31
i just recently signed up for 6 months... so...
1. am i now paying over the odds for 4 or so months of that ??
2. do i get any kind of re-fund??
3. if you had this in mind for a while why did you let me take out a 6 month subscription at a highr price??
4. will my paypal subscription NOT renew then? what will happen when it expires and would normally auto-renew??

thx

StevenJ
19-06-08, 00:15
True.

This could be an opportunity to revisit the entire package.

Then only €5 a month

Now that's an atractive package to any casual gamer

I agree! Also, a smoother route from being rank /5 to being rank /40. More rank-based missions with very generous XP rewards please! The game needs more direction for new players :) Perhaps even just REALLY increase the epic XP rewards...

I'd also suggest 21 days :angel:

Deno
19-06-08, 00:31
Yeh it always seems to come back to the new player experience. The jones missions are great, and new players always feel great when they get their hands on the reward. I think Steve is right in saying there needs to be more direction for new players. In every other succesful game (like WoW) there are tonnes of subtle micro rewards. You got like shoulder armour to make you wanna hit lvl 20 or whatever. Then theres usually some sort of class specific quest for a great weapon at 30, then obviously you got the mount at 40 or whatever lvl it is. This really gives players goals and guides them along in the right direction. If neocron could achieve somthing like this it would be very beneficial for new players.

Removing the price on the license would be great. It would attract a tonne of casual gamers and all the people out there that always wanted to try it but could never really warrant paying 20 euro or whatever for the game. A lot of people are questioning the removal of the 3 and 6 month payment options. Is there any sound reason for this? I don't wanna be a cynic, but the obvious answer would be to make it easier/cheaper for reakktor when the time came to shut the servers down (end Neocron). Apart from all that im more than happy with saving 5 euro a month ;P

Neallys
19-06-08, 01:12
I agree. The main reason why most people new to Neocron don't try it out is because they don't want to enter their credit card information. You should have to supply that information ONLY if you want to play after the trial is up. Maybe send an email to the person after the trial is over asking if they wish to continue??

It's a good idea to make Neocron more accessible to new Neocron players. While it's a good idea, it can really be a bad one, first for account creation spam, and secondly, the fact you can create those accounts as anonymous, makes you able to do """wrong things""" in-game without any real risks for your main accounts.

-2XS-
19-06-08, 01:15
It's a good idea to make Neocron more accessible to new Neocron players. While it's a good idea, it can really be a bad one, first for account creation spam, and secondly, the fact you can create those accounts as anonymous, makes you able to do """wrong things""" in-game without any real risks for your main accounts.

My thoughts exactly

Dribble Joy
19-06-08, 02:11
The jones missions are great, and new players always feel great when they get their hands on the reward. I think Steve is right in saying there needs to be more direction for new players.
If I could, I would spend my entire time writing and spawning dynamic runs and NPCs around the place.

Necpock
19-06-08, 07:39
I agree with every post so far in this thread (omg fraps fraps!)

My initial worry too was the fact that we could be getting the shit end of the stick.

I, like others are curious to where the data centre will be, is it still in Amsterdam still? And I really do hope its as good as or better then the "old" one, since i get 10% packet loss somewhere at a german exchange
(and 60% here in the UK but SATURTAG WILL SHOW ALL, I'll prove ye all wrongnus)

The population increase will be somewhat of a treat, as people can pay and play casually, and not addictivly trying to get the most of their £8.08 ;P

Most impressed atm KK, now as Steven stated, refining lower level missions and xp gain should be rethunk'd ;P keep the new players interested, and the old players trying new classes, yes tanks and spies, I'm talking to you o_O

New content would be very good step also.. use existing currently unused models and skins to give NC a 4th dimention. We know your tight budget and timescales for other things, so why waste resources in creating new :P. Any hint of current developement and new content to an already "new game" (2.2) would really get people thinking.

Also, I think a few people in the forums (winks at Nabbl and CMASTER) should combine brain power (if their still interested in NC that is) to make a new promo video for 2.2...

nabbl
19-06-08, 09:20
Also, I think a few people in the forums (winks at Nabbl and CMASTER) should combine brain power (if their still interested in NC that is) to make a new promo video for 2.2...

MEEEEEEEEEEEP

here i am ;-)

I dont feel very well about a new movie actually. But i still have lots of unused fight material lying around and ATF still has some stuff uploaded. So maybe we can get things sorted.

although i cant promise anything.

Flub900
19-06-08, 09:26

I'm sure KK would require something as to track down who each player is ingame to their RL identity. ip trace? limit trial account creation to one every month? email address? how many people are going to go to the lengths of creating brand fucking new email addresses just to fuck shit up. ok so maybe a few people. but KK is looking for new players for more money and we want more players for larger populations.....benefits easily outweigh the risks.

SnowCrash
19-06-08, 10:23
i just recently signed up for 6 months... so...
1. am i now paying over the odds for 4 or so months of that ??
2. do i get any kind of re-fund??
3. if you had this in mind for a while why did you let me take out a 6 month subscription at a highr price??
4. will my paypal subscription NOT renew then? what will happen when it expires and would normally auto-renew??

thx

Subscriptions created previous to the price lowering will be charged with the old prices. All subscriptions created after July, 1st will receive the new prices.
The decision to lower the subscription fees was made within days and was not a matter of weeks or months. What I explained was, that we at Reakktor had discussed a price lowering in the past but were not able to realise this solely.

zii
19-06-08, 10:54
FYI:

IP address: new one is DHCPed by your ISP. Depending on their policy it could be each time you turn your router on, or in some cases never.

Email: I used a new and different email address for every thing new that I sign up for. http://www.temporaryinbox.com/ is the main source.

Mighty Max
19-06-08, 11:50
IP address: new one is DHCPed by your ISP.

I hope not, that would open the wonderfull world of IP Spoofing for everyone.
It's IPCPed (part of PPP) by your ISP.

----

I know i am painting black right now, but what will be the next excuse to not play now that it isn't the fee anymore?

CMaster
19-06-08, 11:52
Subscriptions created previous to the price lowering will be charged with the old prices. All subscriptions created after July, 1st will receive the new prices.
The decision to lower the subscription fees was made within days and was not a matter of weeks or months. What I explained was, that we at Reakktor had discussed a price lowering in the past but were not able to realise this solely.

Again, will there be any changes to the liscence fee? Is this even under consideration? Because thats the big barrier to new players, really.

General Crazy
19-06-08, 21:02
It has been decided to lower the monthly Neocron 2 subscription fee to the amount of 5.00 € on July 1st, 2008.

Will new accounts still be 24.95 € after the 10 day trial or will they be lowered as well?

-FN-
20-06-08, 00:11
So... who's basement are the servers moving to? My vote is Niddy's ;)

Apocalypsox
20-06-08, 01:34

Commence bowing.

When you coming back to us, FN? :angel:

-FN-
20-06-08, 02:09
At $7.74 a month, I just might brush the dust off my now ancient gaming PC to jump in-game to see how useless my character has become :lol:

Apocalypsox
20-06-08, 02:14
SCORE ONE FOR THE HOME TE-ERRM NEOCRON! WOO!

+1 Fucknut, check.

Also, don't jinx the exchange rates.

aKe`cj
20-06-08, 15:52
Will new accounts still be 24.95 € after the 10 day trial or will they be lowered as well?

It's been stated that the costs for the client itself will remain unchanged

CMaster
20-06-08, 16:10
It's been stated that the costs for the client itself will remain unchanged

Where?
If so, isn't that foolish? It becomes an even bigger barrier to those who may play, and also seems odd to charge €25 or whatever it is when a box can be aquired from retailers for a fraction of that.

danmalone
20-06-08, 16:41
Where?
If so, isn't that foolish? It becomes an even bigger barrier to those who may play, and also seems odd to charge €25 or whatever it is when a box can be aquired from retailers for a fraction of that.

Last time i bought a retail copy of nc2 from game it cost me 99p... 8|

aKe`cj
20-06-08, 17:07
Where?

cba to look for an equivalent on the english forums right now ;)

http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=2131603&postcount=10

-----

TH.org could buy a few hundred retail boxes and sell keys online for $5 – imagine all the profit and still you'd help ppl save money :p

msressi
20-06-08, 17:08
so just because I just paid my 3 accts for 6 months, I have to pay the old price of almost 10 Euro for 6 months instead of getting that cash split over 12 months ??

TBH that does not seem too fair 8|

Flub900
20-06-08, 17:13
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
20-06-08, 17:39
There wouldn't be enough room, what with all the torture gear 'n all.

N

CMaster
20-06-08, 18:15
cba to look for an equivalent on the english forums right now ;)

http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=2131603&postcount=10

I'd looked through all Snow's posts in this thread. Can't rule out them having been made elsewhere. Vaugley annoying when questions only get answered on one side of the language barrier (although less so with questions like this, more so with situations like allowing the modding of map files and not telling us english players).

There wouldn't be enough room, what with all the torture gear 'n all.

Better make sure you don't take any videos down here.

Rob01m
20-06-08, 19:14
I'd looked through all Snow's posts in this thread. Can't rule out them having been made elsewhere. Vaugley annoying when questions only get answered on one side of the language barrier (although less so with questions like this, more so with situations like allowing the modding of map files and not telling us english players).

Can you translate?

Daemon Seed
20-06-08, 20:52
wha? fiva dolla? now i can play twice as long! (when i got time)

Chosen One
20-06-08, 22:57
Merge the servers into ONE.

Keep everything else.

There I put my 2 cents in.

:)

Jodo
21-06-08, 00:26
I believe that was smeone elses 2 cents from 4 or 5 years ago tbh.
It's not going to happen anyway. It's clearly too awkward to mess around with the transfers for everyone and thats before you even consider the multiple toons on multiple servers. KK have said it won't happen at some point in the past.

CHA0S
21-06-08, 01:03
It's not going to happen anyway. It's clearly too awkward to mess around with the transfers for everyone and thats before you even consider the multiple toons on multiple servers. KK have said it won't happen at some point in the past.

would u really want the servers down for XX amount of months while they migrate toons+data across?
It can be done but over a long period and a large amount of resources used and people whining cuz they have to change names due to it already existing..... tbh i think KK is right not to merge but in all honesty there is nothing wrong with Terra members going to another server and vice versa :cool:
Really wish they could Rezz the toons i made on the neptune? server

On another note SNOWCRASH this announcement was this the blurred vision u had or is there more to come?? :rolleyes:

oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY THANATOS have a good one

aKe`cj
21-06-08, 02:18
Vaugley annoying when questions only get answered on one side of the language barrier

Be assured it happens in both directions no favouritism in there ;)

Can you translate?

The monthly fees are the same for all customers. However, the usual fees on the part of the payment provider apply and can vary (e.g. PayByCash). The price for the software license itself will remain unchanged.

Chosen One
21-06-08, 03:20

If you mean they are to lazy, then you are correct sir. :rolleyes:

Necpock
21-06-08, 08:43
If you mean they are to lazy, then you are correct sir. :rolleyes:

If things work, don't fix em! People play mars for a reason, and people play terra for a reason.if people wanted a server merge, everyone can play on terra, the games easy enough to cap a character...

And say if the database went tits up, and everyone lost their stuff, I beleive that would be another whine fest.

Nidhogg
21-06-08, 12:49
Be assured it happens in both directions no favouritism in there ;)
True. Chenoa is always kicking a new hole in my ass for posting messages in English and forgetting to get them translated. You can pass on a big apology to the German community for that. It's never intentional, honest!

N

Archtemplar
23-06-08, 22:20
I think i'll have to re-sub once the price changes take effect. And then get my friends to play with me. :D

If only KK could somehow allow for player made dungeons and content... Just to revamp the game a bit...

Apocalypsox
23-06-08, 22:55
Ive already taunted BulletCatchingNinja into coming back, and im also gonna kick asurmen in the balls to come back with me. Or rather i will if he doesn't.

Jaffo
24-06-08, 13:50
i presume that our subscription fees will automatically be changed to the new fees once thier in place?

RAB
25-06-08, 00:41
Last time i bought a retail copy of nc2 from game it cost me 99p... 8|

Me too. Check ebay. there are normally several copies for sales for 99p +/-

I personally find it a 'little' annoying that i paid UP FRONT for 6 months subscription, the 'cheapest monthly deal, now less than half of that in and the price I am now paying on my 'cheap deal' is more than it costs anyone else who is paying monthly...
Normally in these type of cases, customers who have supported the company up front would be looked after and compensated in one way or another rather than losing out.
Far too much to ask from this company with their utter disregard for existing customer relations that continues to amaze me with their utter ignorance.

"Thanks for your support and your money up front, now we're dropping the price so your paying over the odds,.. and you'll lose another week or so of your subscription... Dont like it? Tough shite!! But please renew and please be intersted in our new products..."

Thats about it isn't it? yeah right-ho!
Please tell me if I got this wrong ! But i cant see it any other way.

Dont know about the rest of you but this company makes me feel all warm and cosy inside!

Nytewolf2k7
25-06-08, 03:45
I don't know what to say 8| Am I dreaming?

SizZLeR
25-06-08, 20:30
So let me get this straight, does that mean that just because ive been a faithful subscriber for years that im not to get the better price now?!?

Or can i re-subscribe my two accts to get the discount?!? 8|

Tbh if this means im screwed just because i choose to signup years ago, ill have to consider leaving NC for good, because that would be lousy service to a stable paying customer. :mad:

Mighty Max
25-06-08, 21:19

This should be the case.

Reason could be that refunds of already done payments can't be done with the current system (just like we already have heard it for the long serverdown)

Doc Holliday
25-06-08, 23:12
So let me get this straight, does that mean that just because ive been a faithful subscriber for years that im not to get the better price now?!?

Tbh if this means im screwed just because i choose to signup years ago, ill have to consider leaving NC for good, because that would be lousy service to a stable paying customer. :mad:

no offence personally sizzler but i have heard this sort of thing a lot in life in general not just in this case.

People always kick off about offers for this or offers for that but this is the way it is.

if you bought a car from a car dealer for a good amount of money and then 2 days after the dealer announced something like a new half price sale on all models including the one you bought would you be pissed off? yes probably. but can you do anything about it. no. same with all things in life. inevitably things change.

you cant go back to that dealer and say oi you ripped me off. he didnt. the price was correct at time of purchase.

same with this. if people payed up front in advance and got a subscription discount for paying in that way then good on them. they got a cheaper rate and for them at that time that was the right thing to do.

however. things change. its not always gonna please everyone but in my honest opinion thats just tough shit.

if anyone is really pissed off that this has happened i would advise you to do this. look at what you SAVED for how ever long by paying upfront and then what it will cost you for the next few months till your current subscription runs out. im pretty darn sure you will still come out on top.

other than that i think its a wicked idea. i wouldnt be suprised if people actually come back to try it given the fact its cheaper and even if they go inactive will let the account run on a bit given the meagre cost involved. more money in the long run for the development.

anyway. no offence is intended here i just wanted to air my opinion on this one.

Reaction77
25-06-08, 23:26
I have a recurring 6month subscription. Is it my responsability to cancel this and start paying the new lower monthly price, or will this happen automaticaly once the remaining time i've paid for is up?

SizZLeR
26-06-08, 03:17
Well Doc...

If i buy a car, i buy it ONCE and thats final, if it goes on sale the day after, i can buy another one and then i get the discount.

Here we dont buy the subscription once, we keep paying as long as the acct stays active, thats a very huge difference in the way of business and therefore your equation dont apply here.

Lets take my ISP as a comparison instead as that would be more correct.

I pay $X a month for my internet connection, each time the ISP lowers the subscription fee, i automatically get billed accordingly and not as i used to.

The very same applies for my phone, it cost me $X a month in subscription and when the fee lowers, i automatically get billed accordingly.

If i subscribe to a magazine and the price for that gets lower, i also get billed accordingly etc etc etc etc etc....

See the resemblance? ;)

Jodo
26-06-08, 06:00
If you subscribe to a magazine and pay 6 months in advance they will not reimburse you, if afterwards they lower the price.

Rob01m
26-06-08, 07:49
I have a recurring 6month subscription. Is it my responsability to cancel this and start paying the new lower monthly price, or will this happen automaticaly once the remaining time i've paid for is up?

What will happen is that your 6-month plan will convert into a one-month plan once your current PAID FOR time is complete. You already paid, they can't take that time away from you. Once that time expires, you will be charged the reduced monthly rate so long as you keep your subscription active.

SizZLeR
26-06-08, 19:52
If you subscribe to a magazine and pay 6 months in advance they will not reimburse you, if afterwards they lower the price.
Why u saying that? u make it sound like i claimed they would?!?

I never talked about getting any refund, but only as i described it, if i was gonna get the discount at next payment or not, simple as that. ;)

Rob01m
26-06-08, 21:32

I never talked about getting any refund, but only as i described it, if i was gonna get the discount at next payment or not, simple as that. ;)

The 6-month plan won't even exist anymore, so it's impossible for you NOT to get the reduced monthly rate once your current 6-month subscription expires.

No matter what plan you used in the past, everyone will convert to a one month reduced rate when their current paid for time expires.

Jodo
26-06-08, 23:36

The 6-month plan won't even exist anymore, so it's impossible for you NOT to get the reduced monthly rate once your current 6-month subscription expires.

No matter what plan you used in the past, everyone will convert to a one month reduced rate when their current paid for time expires.

Exactly. Thats why I mentioned reimbursement as I couldn't see what other grievance there was for SizZLeR to have

MrTrip
27-06-08, 04:12
So...has anybody asked the obvious yet?

Will pings be better for american players? 150-200 is unacceptable at times. What is this new datacenter anyway? Where is it?

Nidhogg
27-06-08, 10:16
If you've already paid for a 6 month subscription then when your next subscription is due you will automatically begin paying monthly at the new low price. You don't need to cancel your subscription and re-subscribe to be on the new tariff.

N

SizZLeR
27-06-08, 14:29

NOW!! Thats a clear and straight answer, just what i needed as a response. :)

Cheers!!

And thanks 2 u 2 Nid. ;)

SorkZmok
28-06-08, 21:15
Neat thing.

I am coming back the next days. Definately.

Apocalypsox
28-06-08, 22:42
Ill be back as soon as price drops with both accounts in full force. Make sure to tell all your old NC buddies about it :D

IceStorm
30-06-08, 10:58
Aw, what the hell! I think about coming back to play this week and I find the servers are getting moved?

Now I gotta waste time finishing MGS4 and playing Battlefield: Bad Company.

evs
30-06-08, 11:42
You guys never think of virtualising the old hw?

I can do you a good deal :)

MrTrip
30-06-08, 22:18
So...has anybody asked the obvious yet?

Will pings be better for american players? 150-200 is unacceptable at times. What is this new datacenter anyway? Where is it?

Snowcrash? Nidd? Any official answer?

VegaH
30-06-08, 22:43
I ask an anwser to that question too:

Will pings be better for US and Canadian players?? Always played this game with 130-150 ping and id really like to play it with less than that like germans and europeans players do

Apocalypsox
30-06-08, 22:49
Psh, Your lucky Vegah. I've never seen my ping below 197, not once. In Five damn years, too :lol:

MrTrip
01-07-08, 07:38
Psh, Your lucky Vegah. I've never seen my ping below 197, not once. In Five damn years, too :lol:

I border 200-230 on my ULTRAFASTDSL.

My work net was this high speed cable, I got 170. Then we got this FAT connection that was pushing 45,000 both ways, and I got around 150. I was pleased.

Archtemplar
04-07-08, 07:40
I haven't tried NC since i switched to cable, but before that on dsl i was getting 150ish.

her.
04-07-08, 07:57
yea mine fluctuates all the time between 150 to 250 :/

ZoVoS
04-07-08, 11:42
always seem to randomly surf in at the right time =P think ill make a lil drop in polish of my old cs =]

QeeQaek
06-07-08, 03:31
im so lazy to read!! just explane plz, what im paying for ????

Apocalypsox
06-07-08, 04:06
You are now paying half of what you were before to play NC on better servers

Biglines
06-07-08, 12:22
who says better servers? the whole point was that they were just being moved, nothing at all about anything like better servers...

Xeno LARD
06-07-08, 13:07
Hello! :)

Seraphin[69]
06-07-08, 18:56
You guys never think of virtualising the old hw?

I can do you a good deal :)

If they had moved to some better hardware it would have been a good idea but as they are keeping the same servers it would just degrade the overall performance reducing the I/O and such.