PDA

View Full Version : Important: PayPal payment issues

SnowCrash
16-06-08, 16:11
Due to an error in the PayPal payment system, our account system has not received any payment notifications during the past three weeks, which entails that it was impossible to create or reactivate Neocron 2 game accounts. The payments were registered regardless, which has resulted in customers not receiving the due service. We explicitly apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Regardless of our ongoing efforts to explain the urgency for a quick solution, PayPal was not able to resolve these issues until today morning. It is now possible again to create and reactivate Neocron 2 game accounts as usual.

Customers who have been affected by following described issues in the past three weeks are asked to proceed as explained.

1. Game account created but received no account details
Because of the non receipt payment notifications, the according game account has not been created in our system and so account details have not been sent. In this case it is necessary to cancel the current Neocron 2 subscription in the PayPal account and create a new subscription via the Neocron 2 account management.

Customers that have already been charged (full version with cd-key or trial account that was impossible to cancel on-time) with the license and the subscription fee are asked to contact our support department via e-mail at account@neocron.com with the subject “PayPal payment issues: Account creation” and to provide the following information:

Name, last name
E-mail address that is used for the PayPal account
PayPal subscription and transaction ID
Name of the Neocron 2 game account if possible

We will then refund the paid subscription fees. After receipt of the refund, a new Neocron 2 subscription can be created via the Neocron 2 account management if desired.

2. Neocron subscription could/can not be cancelled
Due to technical conditions it is only possible to cancel a Neocron 2 subscription directly in the according PayPal account. In the past weeks several customers have reported that a cancellation of their subscriptions led to an error message on the PayPal website making the cancellation impossible. In this case it is necessary to contact the PayPal support as we do not have any influence on their payment system.

Customers that weren’t able to cancel their Neocron 2 trial accounts on time, as described above, are also asked to contact our support department by e-mail with the subject “PayPal payment issues: Cancellation” providing the above mentioned information.

3. Game account could not be reactivated
Because of the non receipt payment notifications our system has not been informed about customers reactivating their game accounts. In consequence, the account has not been activated although the payment was made correctly. In this case we are asking all affected customers to contact our support department via e-mail with the subject “PayPal payment issues: Reactivation” providing the above mentioned information. The affected accounts will be activated promptly.

We explicitly point out that we are not offering any telephone support. All support inquiries have to be submitted by e-mail. We ask for your understanding.

Hell-demon
16-06-08, 16:35
Make love to me!

NOW!

zombie23
16-06-08, 18:13
if i made a claim on the 12th june, and i JUST emailed all my info for a REFUND to account@neocron.com, and i cancel the claim now, will i still get my refund? and can i reactivate RIGHT NOW. because i reallly wont to pay and cant wait for the refund.
thanks

Deno
16-06-08, 18:24
It seems all those harassing calls to PayPal support paid-off. Am I correct in saying that if I email in regards to having tried to reactivate, you will be able to reactivate my account without me having to go and repeat the transaction myself (and wait for refund etc). Thanks.

tarasm
16-06-08, 18:38
So I got one more problem now. First of all I got double charged, then I opened a case with paypal bout 1 week ago got no reply from anyone. So I switched to c2p and lost my subscription id. But I still have my transaction id. Do you think I can get help?

Deno
16-06-08, 20:07
I sent the required info at 5pm GMT, are Reakktor working on it now? or will it be done next working business day? ie, can I expect my account to be active before the end of the day?

zombie23
16-06-08, 20:21
i dont think so, i sent all my infomation as soon as snowcrash put up the post and i havent got a reply and my account is still inactive

Deno
16-06-08, 20:31
I guess then we'll have to wait until tommorow. Maybe our luck will just get worse and there will be a thread posted tommorow about how 'PayPal HQ got bombed by disgruntled customer' and that all transactions will be suspended. Luckily they will promise to fix it and in maybe like 2 years we can play neocron. By then the servers will have hit their 60th birthday (same servers that were used for the apollo 11 mission) and will most likely implode under the immense strain of pissed off people joining the game again. Then we will all be forced to go play WoW, and the universe as we know it will end. Some lucky few will die of boredom in the 2 year wait for PayPal to sort their shit out. Pray you are one of those lucky few.

On a lighter note, im off on holiday in 6 days, so I can forget about those fucking idiots at PayPal for a few weeks.

GRIM
17-06-08, 05:59
So I got one more problem now. First of all I got double charged, then I opened a case with paypal bout 1 week ago got no reply from anyone. So I switched to c2p and lost my subscription id. But I still have my transaction id. Do you think I can get help?

You should be able to pull your information up in your PayPal account. Also check the emails you have received from PayPal. Within the emails your sub info is listed in your recipte.

BTW, Is the PayPal issue fixed or not? I would like to reactivate ASAP.

tarasm
17-06-08, 07:18
yea its fixed.

SnowCrash
17-06-08, 10:54
if i made a claim on the 12th june, and i JUST emailed all my info for a REFUND to account@neocron.com, and i cancel the claim now, will i still get my refund? and can i reactivate RIGHT NOW. because i reallly wont to pay and cant wait for the refund.
thanks

In this case I recommend to wait until the claim has been processed by PayPal to avoid any possible overlaps. It is possible to refund transactions made within the past 60 days, so you are not running out of time.

You should still have the subscription ID in the e-mails you have received from PayPal after the transaction. Though, as long as you provide us with your full name and e-mail address you are using for your PayPal account, we should be able to identify your transactions.

Deno
17-06-08, 13:36
Anyone in the reactivation situation able to confirm if they have had their accounts fixed/activated yet? I'm still waiting on a reply to my email. When can we expect it to be sorted out by?

SnowCrash
17-06-08, 13:48
Anyone in the reactivation situation able to confirm if they have had their accounts fixed/activated yet? I'm still waiting on a reply to my email. When can we expect it to be sorted out by?

You've just received your reply. With all those requests it can take a while to process every single one. ;)

Deno
17-06-08, 13:54
Thanks you very very much. Seriously, tell the people over at account support they are doing a great job ;) Time to log in and fking pown som1 tbh!

Stevello
18-06-08, 02:03
Still waiting on my activation, and it has been a few days. Just giving a heads up to those waiting or that have just started to deal with it.

-Stevello