PDA

View Full Version : Horray Beer!

Kanedax
16-06-08, 07:57
No this is not about Red Stripe. For those of you in teh US as I am, I suggest you tey WAILUA or FIRE ROCK by the Kona Brewing Company. Hawaiian brewery with surprisingly good beer, the WAILUA is a Wheat Ale brewed with passion fruit but still has a good beer flavor(doesnt taste like a wine cooler)and the Fire Rock is just a plain ol pale ale with more of a malty taste than a hoppy taste. Horray Beer.

Necpock
16-06-08, 08:09
Truffels :D Carlsberg for president! best beer in the UK, the others taste like alcoholic cat piss :(

Kanedax
16-06-08, 08:34
and by that you mean Kanedax for President of teh United States of America? Hell yeah my foreign policy would be based on prostitution, lets get it dfone.

silent000
16-06-08, 10:39
Best drink ever.... Stella Artois! :cool:

Kanedax
16-06-08, 10:47
Nah Stella, while good is vastly overrated IMO. I'm more a fan of ales specifically Indian Pale Ales or just plain ol' Pale Ales. Its all opinion tho :D

aKe`cj
16-06-08, 11:22
http://www.azbukavkusa.ru/i/photo/bg/beer/paulaner-hefe-weizen_bg.jpg

... ok - now that you have an idea of what proper beer looks like, continue talking about US "beer" :rolleyes:

:p

StevenJ
16-06-08, 11:45
Nah Stella, while good is vastly overrated IMO.Correct! Tastes like dried peas :wtf:

Whilst I generally prefer continental European beer, North America does have some nice lager - I really like Molson, and a US beer called Schlitz is superb.

Hmm. There are 5 pubs within 20 seconds of where I'm working just now... I must stay strong!

CMaster
16-06-08, 13:17
Not a fan of wifebeater here.

Leffe and other belgian ales are more to my taste, although there are some good german ones out there, and I like some of the sweeter bristih real ales.

Carlsberg however is horrendous.

silent000
16-06-08, 13:34
Carlsberg I can drink... Carling on the other hand... Disgusting!

John Smiths is preety tasty too

Hoder
16-06-08, 14:21
And what's wrong with Carlsberg? I love the stuff. You should visit Copenhagen.. every bar has like ten different versions of Carlsberg. Oooh, I can still taste the Aalborg aquavit chasers ;)

North America does have some nice lager - I really like Molson, and a US beer called Schlitz is superb.Omg, I remember Schlitz.. from a looong time ago in the states. But yeah, I do like american beers when served as nature intended. I get disappointed when they try to sell things like Coors Light in pubs over here, but they faff around upping the alcohol content and it spoils the flavour. Also, they make it all creamy and horrible. I loved the proper coors across the pond.

Hmm. There are 5 pubs within 20 seconds of where I'm working just now... I must stay strong!Your powers are weak, old man! The pub is calling. Go! Go now! Quickly, before they run out!! They're panic buying at the pumps!! HURRY!!

CMaster
16-06-08, 15:11
OK, let me rephrase that.
The Carlsberg they brew and sell in Leeds is pretty poor stuff.

I'd heard that in the states microbreweries is the way to go rather than any of the national brands.

Ishmael/Mystic
16-06-08, 15:53
apple cider > all

danmalone
16-06-08, 16:06
I was told strongbow was a cider? Im not too sure myself but either way it goes down well ;)

CMaster
16-06-08, 16:09
I was told strongbow was a cider? Im not too sure myself but either way it goes down well ;)

It is.
A nasty, chemical-additives filled one, but indeed a cider.

Dribble Joy
16-06-08, 16:40
You lot and your vile lagers.

Get yourself down to Wiltshire and get some Ringwood Old Thumper or some Badger Tanglefoot.

Brammers
16-06-08, 16:56
Hmm, Carlsberg is full of chemical crap. I get bigger hangovers with that, than with Fosters.

As for Stella, used to like that, don't drink it hardly any more.

Kanedax
16-06-08, 18:08
Molson is a Canadian beer -.-. And Schlits omg, worst beer ever. Best American beers = Coors (not Coors Lite) and Yeungling.

Anubis
16-06-08, 22:51
Beer is beer when its brewed after the german "Reinheitsgebot" ;)

Merke dir, Sternburg Bier! (http://www.sternburg-bier.de/index2.html)

Riddle
17-06-08, 00:15
Bulmers .... mmmmm....Stella ..mmmm and from my early TFC days GROLSCH FTW!! many a pissed night on Vent he heh

Jodo
17-06-08, 01:10
Mostly I prefer drinking Guinness or Tequila, but if it's just "beer" we're talking about I really enjoy San Miguel.

silent000
17-06-08, 01:32
Get yourself down to Wiltshire and get some Ringwood Old Thumper or some Badger Tanglefoot.

Hmmm as in the Wiltshire me and Brammers are situated? or we on bwt somewhere different and now i just sound stoopid? :confused:

Kanedax
17-06-08, 06:39
UK beers I like are Boddingtons ofc, Tetleys is good too. I've had a scottish beer called Skull Splitter it was 12% alc or somethin. I'm a Guinness man though, Smithwicks is also bomb. Kingfisher is a dank beer from india, I dunno, I <3 beer.

Kanedax
17-06-08, 07:46
Henninger aint bad either, Frankfurt ftw maybe?

YA5
17-06-08, 13:33
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot
All others like Passionfruit taste and so on is no beer!

Doc Holliday
17-06-08, 19:23
Staropramen.

Czech beer. awesome.

i am going tommorrow to prague so will hopefully be checking out the natives. and the beers ;)

StevenJ
17-06-08, 20:50
many a pissed night on Vent he hehVent is much more fun with booze, agreed. For me at least... :(

/set approaching_30 1

Waggle Dance is actually very, very tasty.... I've only had it a couple of times, I must get some more.

We should do a book club thing, except less poncy and silly, with unorthodox booze. Each week one is suggested, then we buy it and compare notes!

Jodo
17-06-08, 21:24
Lindemans Kriek is quite tasty.

Reaction77
18-06-08, 01:08
Fuck beer, Cider is what you need to be drinking. Not that popular, weak as piss Irish crap; bulmers or whatever. You want real cider, Somerset cider!
http://www.blackthorn.uk.com/home.asp

Although saying that, I don't mind a pint of Carlsberg out of the tap. Tastes like shit out of a can though.

Jodo
18-06-08, 02:04
Cider: For girls and fat farmers.

Kanedax
18-06-08, 06:00
Fuck beer, Cider is what you need to be drinking. Not that popular, weak as piss Irish crap; bulmers or whatever. You want real cider, Somerset cider!
http://www.blackthorn.uk.com/home.asp

Although saying that, I don't mind a pint of Carlsberg out of the tap. Tastes like shit out of a can though.

Weak as piss Irish crap? Oi Fuck YOU! :D

Flub900
18-06-08, 08:46
Yuengling ftw! best american beer (next to MGD (Miller Genuine Draft)) and brewed 20 minutes from where I live. maybe i should break in and steal theyre recipe o_O

also, i really like Hoegaarden.

Kanedax
18-06-08, 09:55
A man after my own heart, wait does that mean I'm gay? DAMNIT!

Setlec
18-06-08, 15:07
oh dear, i wish to find cheap GUINNESS DRAUGHT around my place or even a BEAMISH STOUT, very tasty both of them, Foster are amazing for it sweetness. Why you guys like Stella Artois? didn't find it tasty...

cheers

Jodo
18-06-08, 22:31
A man after my own heart, wait does that mean I'm gay? DAMNIT!

Not just that no, there are other things too. :p

Necpock
19-06-08, 07:47
I wanna make my own homebrew, since I make my own butter anyways.

CHA0S
19-06-08, 14:32
I like "diesel" as in the mix drink :lol: and a fine scotch
even tried and dont "mind" having whisky and ginger beer