PDA

View Full Version : Switching Droprate - Isn't it a bit Unfair ?

Neallys
10-06-08, 16:07
Hello,

I bet a few of you noticed a big nerf of the WoC Disk droprate. I might understand this is done in purpose to stop people wearing their little compensations.

But really, 5 hours of WoC caving, and 1 disk found.

While many people have nearly stacks of woc disks, suddenly switching something that drop easily to something that is really rare (and I agree, the droprate is fine now, and should be that way, but still) is just giving out avantages to people who were playing before the server crash, compared to the people who just might reactivate now.

FuzzyDuck
10-06-08, 16:19
it sounds like the time in NC1 when they nerfed the rare droprate. I remember the days when I could get 2 rares every time from a terromauler.

Necpock
10-06-08, 18:45
But really, 5 hours of WoC caving, and 1 disk found.

By any standards, thats a great drop rate.. I remember the time me anda friend went down threwre, every day for 6 hours atleast, for 2 weeks... and not 1 disk dropped.

Neallys
11-06-08, 06:05
By any standards, thats a great drop rate.. I remember the time me anda friend went down threwre, every day for 6 hours atleast, for 2 weeks... and not 1 disk dropped.

Been there too ^^

Seraphin[69]
11-06-08, 08:25
Don't be upset I never dropped a SINGLE WOC disk out of 1200+ prototypes (I was keeping track of the prototypes numbers in a file but I've lost it in a crash lol)

Nidhogg
11-06-08, 10:03
Drop rates haven't been changed to my knowledge. In fact, I believe it would take a patch to do so. I'll check.

N

silent000
11-06-08, 10:28

I actually never want to be on vent when Joe decides he wants another Disk :lol:

Kanedax
11-06-08, 10:29
Droprates are my hero afaik i dont drone for woc discs so keep the prices down! Also Neally is my heterosexual life mate. Y'all can go to hell! (waaaay too much alcohol)

Nidhogg
11-06-08, 10:48
What I said earlier was correct. Makes a change. :p

N

CHA0S
11-06-08, 16:00
so gonna make a patch to change drop rates and thats it? :P

lol

james_finn
11-06-08, 16:50
so gonna make a patch to change drop rates and thats it? :P

lol

As was posted the drop rates are as expected, the reason Nidhogg said that it would require a patch was to explain we have not had a patch therefore the drop rates could not be changes....

Nytewolf2k7
11-06-08, 16:54
Just the luck of the draw I guess :cool:

Trivaldi
11-06-08, 16:59
Just the luck of the draw I guess :cool:
That would be correct good sir and with the confirmation from Niddy this thread holds little argument ;)

Triv