PDA

View Full Version : old/new player questions(warning long post)

extract
08-06-08, 03:03
Well hello Im back after 3 years, at least thats what my last post tells me, and Im totally at a loss in game, I am looking for some minimal guidance, my last post here was 3 years ago and it was a post to give away my fully capped/decked out account *cries*

I have since come back and started anew, I am starting a rifle PE.

Armors changed: i get the whole head/midsection/legs thing, but why is it that even with capped str there are no viable energy armors for PE's at least thats what the nskill application tells me....it also tells me no setup I picked with my current knowledge will ever let my survive a pvp encounter no matter how surgical i am with my aim.

Implants: well I feel totally fuct, I figured for my compensation for server downtime(which luckily i started my trial the day before it went down and thought id make 2 characters) that id get the best rifle and the best and most hardest to get implant when i left 3 years ago which was a ion rifle and mc5 chip to find out i think i made a huge mistake with picking such a high dex wep, apparently even fully capped and all good imps that they just dont give the dex boost they used to.

nanites: well i have a feeling seeing all the nanite guns that these are crucial and apparently have become the "new" method of staying alive/buffed yet I picked to be a low tech rifle PE(mistake #2 i think) not to mention i cant find fuck all anywhere on the web that tells me how they work, whats the best use/application cause they seem more tailored for spies and tanks with their requirements

PPU's: well back when i left i had a PPU and i could take a new char and take it to MB after a few levels and keep him alive with my heal and sheilds....i went with a PPU last night and a blessed heal barely kept me alive against 2 cyclops launchers and my PE is already 42/34(now i am sure my con and armor setup is shit) but fuck either that ppu sucked ass or they are just worthless now....

I have so much more on my mind, and id love to play, but truthfully its depressing when i know NOONE anymore, cant find any teams to level with, i got people telling me to go to elfarid and lvl at 30/20 and uh yea right...(20 minutes to get there, 2 minutes there, 2 seconds to get back to plaza1)

if anyone can please just help me out, some info/knowledge, hell hit me up ingame terra- my char is sikk i just wanna get a viable char so i can do something actually fun and social. i miss just pvping, op waring, caving. whatever

btw sorry for the novel

THE_TICK!!!!
08-06-08, 03:14
lol dont give up m8, there is quite a few of us on our way back ingame..and the mobs are hella harder than they used to be, so you have to be careful, rifle pe is a good option..but if you wanna really get crazy..i made a rifle TANK :) they actually have PA for it now..and i love my rifle tank !! real good for hunting and pvp as well, as far as armor goes..there is allot of different ways to go about it..but what you really need to do is, keep your numbers fairly even in all catagories from head to toe..what you try and do now is even out the armor, across all body parts.. I didn't use nanites on my pe, i used standard spells, and they seemed to work just fine for me..didn't have any issues, ION shoty is viable, the painy hurts pretty bad, and the tsunami is ok as well. kind of general information..sorry havent been ingame for a bit my computer took a dump.. A bit of advice though..might want to post what your playing times are, so that way you might get a few peeps playing when you do !!! Dont give up m8, reinforcements are on the way :P

extract
08-06-08, 04:11
im from usa so ill be on sporatically after work and on breaks away from the kids mostly weekdays afternoons/evenings just depends when i can get a chance to have a seat

but yea im not totally a goner, i just ran to regeants, there were people inside, not one would team me, and the minute i started shooting i realized id be there all feckin night alone so i just logged off...maybe next time

Moustik
18-08-08, 16:19
Have some questions, nothing to do with this tread but did not know where to put them, so lets just use this tread for random questions...

On the main site you can see a small vid ans there is a mob on hands and feets ans something that comes out of his chest, what are they ? where can i find them? and what level ?

Also completely different question, i play NC on my Flatscreen TV, cause much bigger than my PC screen, but i would like to play in 16/9 screen resolution (1360x768), when i launch NC i dont have this resolutions in the hardware config, so i opend the neocron.ini file and there is PREFWINDOWSIZE and i put 1360x768 there but still i got a 4/3 (1024x768)resolution, i put the file in read only but this does not seems to help, anyone knows ?

Thanks,

M :D

Biglines
18-08-08, 17:11
hand sticking out are genotoxic crawlers, found in regant's legacy

4:3 are only resolutions supported atm i believe, but i think u can stretch it if u go windowed (though it wud look stretched i guess :P)

Moustik
19-08-08, 12:42
hand sticking out are genotoxic crawlers, found in regant's legacy

4:3 are only resolutions supported atm i believe, but i think u can stretch it if u go windowed (though it wud look stretched i guess :P)

Thanks ;)

I tries in windowed mode, but indeed its stretched and very ugly, so i will stick with the 4/3 resolution, anyway still much bigger that if i play on my PC screen, but i hope they will include those resolutions in future patches as i believe that now lots of people have flat screen TV's

Moustik

Moustik
28-08-08, 05:31
Hi,

Is is possible now to have a NPC seller in our appartement ?

Biglines
28-08-08, 11:56
no

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Rising Sun
21-10-08, 00:58
hm, guess this fits in right with my questions...

First a small introduction, to understand the prob I have ;)
I used to play a little in 2004 I think it was, but not for too long, having actually no clue what to do, I left after a while.

Then in 2007 or beginning 08 I resubbed again, played around here and there with a new char, met some folks helping me to level up, using drones and the Anarchs in Pepper park.

Some time later, I havn't seen those folks (the other players) anymore, and got bored, not exactly knowing what to do, nor what I'm actually supposed to do at all in general.
Let the sub running for a while, but didn't actually play anymore. Cancelled end of august due to sub price changes, then when wanting to resub recently, I saw all this stuff with insolvency, and today noticed / read that accs are currently open for free play, when paypal flagged.

Thought I'd go check in again, see what's happening.
Anarchs aren't at their place anymore, looks like the Tsunami folks are back into their HQ in pepper park.

My overall question is: what am I actually supposed to do in the game?
What's my purpose / goal, story arc, etc.?

Secondary:
I may have specced my two chars weird, maybe someone can help me out (a push in the correct direction would be cool). Also, how do I see my character level? Is it the number of the five main stats added together, then divided by five?
Further, where is a good spot to level? Or what missions to do?

Below are my stats, maybe there are obvious flaws visible, would be cool if someone could throw a bone there towards a change :

Char 1 - specced so far for drone levelling, but if not viable anymore,
I'd like to spec back to what is intended / useful. I think high-tech rifles would be good, or? If not, correct me ;)

Name: Mecos Havon
Faction: City Admin
Class: Private Eye
Profession: Assassin

Intelligence 54 (-1)
- Hacking 24
- Weapon Lore 29
- Implant 53
- Willpower 117

Strength 28
- Transport 61
- Resist Force 56
- Resist Piercing 55

Constitution (meh, forgot to write number down...)
- Athletics 16
- Body Health 22
- Endurance 8
- Resist Fire 6
- Resist Energy 6
- Resist XRay 4
- Resist Poison 3

Dexterity 70 (+9)
- Rifle Combat 63
- Hightech Combat 9
- Vehicle use 17
- Agility 59
- Remote control 119

Psi 18
- Passive Psi Use 52
- Focussing 31
- Resist Psi 4

Char 2 - Specced for Hacking, to explore a different side off the game

Name: Veala Zarin
Faction: Tangent
Class: Spy
Profession: Hacker

Intelligence 12
- Hacking 65
- Weapon Lore 28
- Willpower 5

Strength 2
- Transport 8
- Resist Force 2
- Constitution 3

Constitution 3
- Athletics 8
- Body Health 17

Dexterity 6
- Pistol Combat 10
- Hightech Combat 30
- Agility 15

Psi Power 1
- Psi Power 2

Can understand if it's too much asked for specific values, hence I'm not doing that, plus would like to explore a little too ;)

a nodge in the right direction however would be very much appreciated, with the possibility of working towards PvP later.

Any helpful reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

DER_julu
21-10-08, 10:22
... problems with lowtech rifle pe...

playing a lowtech rifle pe isn't that hard or as bad as it seems.
for energy armor, go blessed shelter, that should do the job pretty neat. personally i tend to stick with psi-shields (absorber, protector, blessed def) and a good psi-heal, and forget about nanite injectors. you can swap the heal for a heal injector pretty easy, it will probably work better, it's just that i prefer the psi-heal on my pe.
implantwise you've got a few choices - if you don't need a resist-chip for your setup (i don't) you can go coord.adv.3/sfc/CCP/DIP/exp.reflexbooster2.4 and get a good 105dex with the pa3, or 107 with the woc-pa. when swapping the SFC for a RD (activation by drug), you'll get to 109 dex with the woc-pa.
weaponwise you've got a few choices. most people use the ionic shotgun (dex97, i think, or 98) and the reaper (woc-req., dex102), which both pack a good punch. personally, i go with the desperado and the ionic shotgun, and fare pretty well. i've tried the libra, too, but that one plain sucks for me.

hope that clarifies some things and is useful to someone,
julu

D West
21-10-08, 18:15
Hey Rising Sun,

Thought I'd go check in again, see what's happening. Anarchs aren't at their place anymore, looks like the Tsunami folks are back into their HQ in pepper park.

if you read some patchnotes you will notice that all factions are moved back to NC.

My overall question is: what am I actually supposed to do in the game? What's my purpose / goal, story arc, etc.?

the answer is 42!
nah, joking. It's depends on you what you are up to. You can try some RP (Neocronicle (http://www.neocronicle.com/) and Tech Haven (http://www.techhaven.org/home/) are good sites where you can see how the guys here RP), PVE and trading (kill stuff and sell it to other players) or join a clan and fight at plaza2 and outposts.