PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Anyone from croatia? Requesting first hand news

Mighty Max
04-06-08, 20:15
It was just published here, that a slovanian/croatian nuclear reactor has some major failure (cooling system leaking) ... well the news are not very concrete

So if we got someone to receive croatian news from first hand, what are the info there? (It immediately remembered me on '86) The local news here are just relaying controversal info.

'fcourse only answer if you are not running for your lifes ;)

(Controversial, because for a small cooling leak, it doesn't require eu-wide-warning, as well as "are shutting down" is something weird, as you would think the moderators are immediately applied on such an error and not still beeing in process)

aKe`cj
04-06-08, 22:22
... well the news are not very concrete

speaking of concrete... that comes on day 3 - earliest :D

AlphaBeta
04-06-08, 22:53
Don't know if this is any different from what you've heard.

A leak of coolant prompted Slovenia to completely shut down the reactor at its only nuclear power plant.

The European Commission said parts were still cooling after the shutdown, but the situation was under control.

It said there appears to have been no discharge into the environment at the Krsko plant, which supplies energy to Slovenia and Croatia.

The Commission alerted all 27 EU member states under its Ecurie early warning system for nuclear emergencies.

Slovenia's nuclear safety chief Andrej Stritar said there was a water leak from the primary circuit inside the containment area.

He said operators had shut down the plant safely.

"Situation is under control," he said in a statement. "The plant is in stable condition. There is no off-site impact and there is no need for off-site protective measures. "

The Krsko plant has a US-made pressurised water reactor.

Mc.Neill
08-06-08, 17:57
Well .... Wasn't that a Slovenian Reactor ?

You know ^^ Slovenian peeps don't like us croatian ppl that much ^^

I dunno why ^^ Someday they build something like a wall in a City to prevent us croatians to go through it for none reason ?

Well but for now...

CROATIA FOR THE WIN +++ CROATIA VS AUSTRIA ;)

greetz *Neill*

Dribble Joy
08-06-08, 18:01
Completely of topic, but my parents went to Croatia last year. They brought me back this bottle of liquer upon which was written nothing but the name of the town it was from - Korcula. It was yellow and was vile. We now use it as the top level punishment in drinking games.

Mc.Neill
08-06-08, 18:06
well I think u mean slivovitz or something :P

Well I bring that to the ones I dont like ^^ :P

Mighty Max
08-06-08, 19:55
Well .... Wasn't that a Slovenian Reactor ?

You know ^^ Slovenian peeps don't like us croatian ppl that much ^^

Actually after the info came in in a bit more detail, it's as well croatian as its slovanian. (This is why i edited the original post, but the thread title is resistant against editing)

Since both trust each other when it comes to nuclear power, i guess that neighbourly twist ist just a love-hate thingy.