PDA

View Full Version : What new / regular events would you like to see?

RAB
28-05-08, 13:37
Personally, I'd like more large mob attacks on key places.

Something fun and silly when there are lots on like at the weekend like 'Kill the GM' :D Get a Gm with minimal defences to run n hide and who ever ultimately kills him/her gets a special prize...
Could of course role play this and make it an escaped prisoner with a big bounty onj their head etc...

your ideas?

Biglines
28-05-08, 13:48
some kind of hunting expeditions?

races

some kind of events that lower lvl chars can actually participate in? << good for getting people to stick around, atm non-capped playing isnt any good

Riddle
28-05-08, 14:12
A football match with the big yellow ball? :p

Hell-demon
28-05-08, 14:47
A drama production of Twelth Night done in plaza 1.

Or Punch and Judy with wee crabs.

Faid
28-05-08, 15:56
Some new quests for currently unattainable items, although that would require some coding I suppose, and we all know thats not gonna happen :rolleyes:

danmalone
28-05-08, 16:45
Some new quests for currently unattainable items, although that would require some coding I suppose, and we all know thats not gonna happen :rolleyes:

Gotta give em sum credit, the guy in DOY for the woc missions must be a hell of a script but if they can make him then they can make others :angel:

landofcake
28-05-08, 17:01

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes, there can never be enough items allowing for setup variation.

CMaster
28-05-08, 17:14
Gotta give em sum credit, the guy in DOY for the woc missions must be a hell of a script but if they can make him then they can make others :angel:

No he isn't.
IT's a really, really simple script.
It just checks if you have the part he wants, then offers you a choice of weapons if you do. That and a bunch of text about where to get and how to make said parts. Not complicated at all, especially compared to some of the other missions.

Ishmael/Mystic
28-05-08, 17:53
I'd love to see fight night or motu 3, or just any event.... it makes the game seem more real, if ur fighting in p2 and suddenly loads of the new spider bot things spawn then u check the neocronicle thing and theres a report.

Bozz-Von Mel
28-05-08, 19:30
A naked foot race from NC to MB or DOY.

NAPPER
28-05-08, 19:48
Personally, I'd like more large mob attacks on key places.

Something fun and silly when there are lots on like at the weekend like 'Kill the GM' :D Get a Gm with minimal defences to run n hide and who ever ultimately kills him/her gets a special prize...

Was that how u used to get the Sprit Mod and stuff i think thats what u called it. It was a very very long time ago lol

RAB
29-05-08, 09:12
It would be easy for a lone GM to announce over the comm that some very dangerious villan has escaped and bla bla... then go round blasting people.
Everyone would be after his ass and would be really cool I think.

Simple. Easy. Fun.

Get people working together

danmalone
29-05-08, 10:33
No he isn't.
IT's a really, really simple script.
It just checks if you have the part he wants, then offers you a choice of weapons if you do. That and a bunch of text about where to get and how to make said parts. Not complicated at all, especially compared to some of the other missions.

Theres only one part? :eek:

I dunno, i aint done the mission but when ive helped ppl do it they had to collect 4 parts from every zone...

But really i dont suppose the scripts of any of the npc's are TOO hard, for KK maybe but any game dev that has some idea they could make npc's with full missions in a very short time *prays that one of these do summat with NC*

CMaster
29-05-08, 10:40
Theres only one part? :eek:

I dunno, i aint done the mission but when ive helped ppl do it they had to collect 4 parts from every zone...

Yeah, but you then have to build them into something else, and build those into the final item. None of this is tracked by the mission script - it just takes the complete device off you at the end.

danmalone
29-05-08, 10:57
Yeah, but you then have to build them into something else, and build those into the final item. None of this is tracked by the mission script - it just takes the complete device off you at the end.

Might have to do that mission myself, its one of the few i havent actually done :)