PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones (Possible spoilers inside)

Brammers
23-05-08, 11:46
Ok who's seen the new Indiana Jones movie then?

Saw it yesterday, it was ok, some good action set pieces and some great stunts. And I'm glad they kept the CGI out of it for most of it.

Also whats everyone's fav Indy film out of the 4? Mine is still Raiders of the Lost ark.

Road runner
23-05-08, 11:49
I saw new Indiana Jones yesterday. I had no expectations for it, so although it completely disappointed my mates, I thought it was ok.

I won't ruin the story for you guys, but there is one bit that is the most ridiculous PoS in film history:

Indie gets into a fridge in a town in the desert. A Nuclear bomb goes off, obliterates EVERYTHING in the town, APART from the fridge with Indie inside, which miraculously gets flown about 2 - 3 miles away, hits the desert ground, bounces on for a good while...... and then Indie gets out of it completely unscathed. The fridge is likewise a little scratched but fine..
Indie later gets scrubbed down a bit for radiation poisoning but that's it...

Worst scene I have ever seen in my life.....

Worst part of it all for me is how IMDB shows it has 8.6/10.... everyone in the cinema was laughing at how ridiculous the whole thing was.

They should have kept the religious anti- na.zi themes, not the alien BS.

RAB
23-05-08, 11:49
it's got to be raiders. great film.

Temple of doom was a bit silly. But still good.
Last crusade didnt really do it for me

I've heard the new film is spoilt by CGI ? and when I saw Ol' han solo being interviewed..... ISNT HE OLD !!! What's he like in the film ? Do they try to make him look young? lol

Zefrian
23-05-08, 11:55
Worst scene I have ever seen in my life.....When i saw that scene, i thought of it being sooo ridiculous. Indy had to be dead for sure. Exactly for 100%. No one would survive that. NO ONE.

Nearly the same for the scenes at the waterfalls. 3 times 100%-dead-chance.

But ... hey ... it's a movie. :)

Zefrian
23-05-08, 11:58
I've heard the new film is spoilt by CGI ?There are scenes, which can't be filmed without some tricks.

Do they try to make him look young? lolNo. But this does not have any impact on the film.

Road runner
23-05-08, 12:00
Yeh it is a movie and I don't want to say I hated the film.

I was entertained by it and the sets were amazing. Especially the crypt where the find the skull. The special effects can look very obvious sometimes, but others when the city collapses and the ship flies away is visually amazing.

Story-wise it is just not anywhere near the top 200 films like IMDB seems to think.

Brammers
23-05-08, 12:20
They should have kept the religious anti- na.zi themes, not the alien BS.

Well it was doing ok featuring the KGB from the former USSR as the bad guys, but having Aliens thrown in as well sort of makes it odd.

I did like the little nod to Raiders in the warehouse scenes at least we know where the ark went now!

McKAiver
23-05-08, 12:50
I think its indy How Hes got to be!
If you think to much about the scenes i will promise you all action Movies will be silly because the hero survives scenes that could kill a whole army! Whats that for a film when the Hero dies? So i go into the cinema to view fiction if i want the reality i log into Neocron ^^

Asurmen Spec Op
23-05-08, 18:57
I thought it sucked, horribly. By the end I just wanted to cry.
Perdictable plot 'twists', plot holes, and the whole damn plot was stupid.
plus the "ZOMG ANT ZERG" scene was hilariously random.

goat
24-05-08, 20:43
It was pretty good, it definitely did not have the same Indiana Jones feel to it, though. Some scenes were just utterly ridiculous...particularly the scene where Shia is swinging through the jungle with the troop of monkeys like tarzan or something haha I just had to laugh :p

nobby
25-05-08, 01:50
I saw it today, really enjoyed it :)

Even though some parts were stupidly random, i didn't even think of it like that... it was entertaining !

the fridge part seemed real enough to me :p

at least when WW3 starts, i know what to do...

Asurmen Spec Op
25-05-08, 02:31
I saw it today, really enjoyed it :)

Even though some parts were stupidly random, i didn't even think of it like that... it was entertaining !

the fridge part seemed real enough to me :p

at least when WW3 starts, i know what to do...
Beware Intertia
If there is one thing that movie makers forget, it is intertia

nobby
25-05-08, 04:33
according to google, no such word !

Intertia Intertia Intertia Intertia Intertia :lol:

Asurmen Spec Op
25-05-08, 06:28
according to google, no such word !

Intertia Intertia Intertia Intertia Intertia :lol:
Fuck me running, I should pay attention to my spelling >.>
meh bad :(
You may have won this round nobby, but I'll get you in the pooper while you sleep.

nobby
25-05-08, 13:11
That hurts :(

And I would know !

however you could say the word you REALLY meant to save us from this anal distortional act !

Asurmen Spec Op
25-05-08, 18:13
That hurts :(

And I would know !

however you could say the word you REALLY meant to save us from this anal distortional act !
Inertia :(

Setlec
25-05-08, 20:19
is true that this new movie isn't like the trilogy but it's entertaining but i loved it. it seems that George Lucas is aiming children as public... i was deceived by the last Star Wars Trilogy's story...

Cheers

Hell-demon
26-05-08, 16:30
This film is getting ripped to shreds by critics.

Plus the film features Shia Labuttfuck so you know it was gonna be bad.

Heavyporker
27-05-08, 06:54
Hey, hoity-toity criticism aside, I had *FUN* watching the movie. That was the whole point, essentially. Popcorn movie.

You ALL would choose to watch this over any chick flick, and you know it. Don't bitch quite so much, please.

Hell-demon
27-05-08, 10:34
In essence this was a chick flick.

A film made for a vacuous bimbo who doesn't give a shit about plot.

Now Porky it's time to make you squeel like a piggy. :D

danmalone
27-05-08, 12:28
Having not seen the previous films i would say this wasnt 'too' bad... The aliens thing kinda baffled me and definately the fridge part...

Either way, i know where im hiding when theres a threat of Nuke bombing :D

Hell-demon
27-05-08, 14:45
A bunker?

The lead lining could stave off the radiation- but the immense heat would melt you to pudding.

danmalone
27-05-08, 15:12
A bunker?

The lead lining could stave off the radiation- but the immense heat would melt you to pudding.

Depends what kinda pudding i would be ;)

Hell-demon
28-05-08, 11:59
Death pudding with a extra helping of inconvenience!

Yeah, that makes sense...

in my mind :)

eNTi
29-05-08, 11:33
it's completely CGI-crap. from start to end. the scenes that were not entirely useless and boring were insanely stupid. the fridge not being the worst part imho. i haven't been as disappointed in a completely overrated movie (hell rottentomatoes gave it over 60%) since the matrix sequels.

also... unlike jean connery, ford lost his charme with age. he just looks old an unimportant. not much charisma left.

if you want to throw out your money for that movie expect an extremely overproduced b movie, that rapes every holywood cliché there ever was and is being downed only by battlefield earth (which can't ever ever ever be downed by anything, because that would result in a negative percentage number, which of course only makes sense, if they'd ever do a battlefield earth 2 with sigourney weaver).

Setlec
30-05-08, 10:33
Was Indy using an anti-contamination PA for this Nuke scene? :p Or was he using some implants??? btw which could be the implants for nuke protection? :D

lol!

danmalone
30-05-08, 11:10
Was Indy using an anti-contamination PA for this Nuke scene? :p Or was he using some implants??? btw which could be the implants for nuke protection? :D

lol!

3 resistor chips, ARS and ppu buffs 8|

Ishmael/Mystic
30-05-08, 11:17
saw it yesterday, the alien part was just too far. I mean stick to the ************'s and even the kGB part was ok.

Ants = the mummy
Tarazan scene just = LOL
the Mac guy.. think he was called was pointless... oh im on their side, no im with u, no wait im with them... wait no im dead.
The bit were the russian lady shows the dead alien just made me want to stand up and go ET PHONE HOME!

I liked the part with them hunting down the skull and it just being some sort of cursed item from the spainish conquistadors, adding the aliens was not needed.

Tho it all looked good, end scene with the ship but it was just eye candy.

Best bit had to be the start outside the warehouse, when he picks up his hat and u just see his shadow on the car, with the music in the background :lol:

danmalone
30-05-08, 11:29
Best bit had to be the start outside the warehouse, when he picks up his hat and u just see his shadow on the car, with the music in the background :lol:

Yeh that parts awesome... 'put your hands down, your embarrasing us' :p

Might go out and buy the boxset today so i can watch the previous ones :wtf:

Took me a while to realise what your sig 'used' to be aswell :p

RAB
30-05-08, 14:53
'Just' seen it. What a load of shite!!! Sorry but loved the other films and I was bored half way through this one...

The fridge scene was soooooooooo stupid I think the iriot who wrote that should be shot !!

Bahh!

What a dissapointment.
My advise, dont waste your money with this one...

nobby
30-05-08, 15:37
I didn't really see anything wrong with the film... omg : \

and you ALL know it's true to sit inside a fridge during a nuke !

DIDN'T YOU LEARN ANYTHING IN SCIENCE FFS!?!?

Hell-demon
30-05-08, 15:40
Not really.

When you get out you will be in a highly radioactive area. Indie should of got out and had his hair falling out and he should be sterile, although I prefer the latter because if his offspring are Shia Labuttfuck then we should be thankful his sperms are as decrepid as Harrison Ford is.

RAB
30-05-08, 16:39
yeah it was great after his fridge - the ONLY thing to be blown out of the town and not vaporised... - lucky that - then hits the ground at about 100G... rolls and opens.. indi rolls out - does an ATeam impression - Oww that hurt but I'm ok.... Urrgghhh.... then stands and faces the mushroom cloud about a mile away and is seeming unaffected by the radiation!!!

damm that man is hard !!!

lol !!

pathetic!

Setlec
30-05-08, 18:05
3 resistor chips, ARS and ppu buffs 8|

Jeez he was probably using implants and some underwear, that's why he survived.

the ppu buffs aren't applicable in the movie.