PDA

View Full Version : UK NC Summer Meet | Piss Up #5 - Nottingham 30th August 2008 (Details Here)

StevenJ
22-05-08, 01:04
Current Meet Information!

City: Nottingham

Starting Location: Undecided!

Date: Saturday 30th August 2008

Time: Undecided!

Notes: A few community members are meeting up on 29th of August for an earlier session as well as the main event on the 30th, if you want to join in on the 29th please PM silent000 (http://forum.neocron.com/private.php?do=newpm&userid=38236) for information.

Current Confirmed Attendees

StevenJ
Chris
Trivaldi
Hoder
Lodar
Breakaway
Logan Storm
Grolsch
Austin Powers
Napper
Brammers
Dribble Joy
Mystic
Purple

29th & 30th
Silent000
Rob
Fill
Junkie

To Be Confirmed:

Joe

####################################################

OLD INFORMATION - NO LONGER RELEVANT

Hello!

After a few of us chatted, we decided a venue for our next piss up: [ Old Location Removed ]

We also proposed a date: [ Old Date Removed ]

Yes, York is another northern location, but we figure it's 2 hours fron the far north, 2 hours from London, and very close to the Nottingham heartland most people here seem to be from. All more or less direct trains.

It's also a stunning city, touristy as well as studenty, so we should be guaranteed a nice crowd...

danmalone
22-05-08, 01:15
Check out the location :lol:

<<<<<<<<<

Im there ;) No excuse for mystic this time and as Steven and mystic ALSO know York i dont have to be a guide and lead to places which i consider okay but others would think otherwise :lol:

Dribble Joy
22-05-08, 01:16
Sounds like a plan.

Brammers
22-05-08, 01:35
Love to come, but put me down as tenative. I'll know for sure by the end of the month!

THE_TICK!!!!
22-05-08, 02:10
ill see if i can swing it...if i got the finances and whatnot !!!

Ishmael/Mystic
22-05-08, 09:49
well guess i can't not come this time :P 20 days before my birthday...

don't expect a guide from me i havn't been out in York for a year (not just coz im stuck infront of NC but i've been in Sheffield :P) oh and go sleep at dan's house not mine... i have a old smelly brother, dan has sisters :lol:

NAPPER
22-05-08, 14:24
I might come might just say a ealry birthday drink for my self WooP! :D

danmalone
22-05-08, 15:17
well guess i can't not come this time :P 20 days before my birthday...

don't expect a guide from me i havn't been out in York for a year (not just coz im stuck infront of NC but i've been in Sheffield :P) oh and go sleep at dan's house not mine... i have a old smelly brother, dan has sisters :lol:

It could well appear that my youngest sisters birthday is shared with yours :eek:

+

Why sleep at my house when you can sleep at mystics? He has candy and a large bed so the kiddies tell me :lol:

Lodar
22-05-08, 16:50
As long as the Hodermobile is in good working order, I'll be there ;)

DrRisk
22-05-08, 16:54
It could well appear that my youngest sisters birthday is shared with yours :eek:

+

Why sleep at my house when you can sleep at mystics? He has candy and a large bed so the kiddies tell me :lol:Dan my lad. If you see mystic wearing a dress. You know what happened to the bodies:P

Ishmael/Mystic
22-05-08, 17:09
Dan my lad. If you see mystic wearing a dress. You know what happened to the bodies:P

thats abit far even for me.... tho i guess my house is closer to the centre :p still my cats don't like strangers so shoo.

Trivaldi
22-05-08, 19:01
I'll be there if my new job dosnt get in the way! :)

Triv

Doc Holliday
22-05-08, 19:45
Hello!

After a few of us chatted, we decided a venue for our next piss up: York

We also proposed a date: Saturday the 2nd August.

Yes, York is another northern location, but we figure it's 2 hours fron the far north, 2 hours from London, and very close to the Nottingham heartland most people here seem to be from. All more or less direct trains.

It's also a stunning city, touristy as well as studenty, so we should be guaranteed a nice crowd...

its 2 hours from nottingham to london. york is a tad further i think ;) it might help the southern journey planners to know this. also i dont know if there is a direct train up. i know there is one from london to liverpool lime street but not direct to york.

its yorkshire after all. you need to stop somewhere along the way to change to a tractor :)

(sorry dan)

danmalone
22-05-08, 20:01
its 2 hours from nottingham to london. york is a tad further i think ;) it might help the southern journey planners to know this. also i dont know if there is a direct train up. i know there is one from london to liverpool lime street but not direct to york.

its yorkshire after all. you need to stop somewhere along the way to change to a tractor :)

(sorry dan)

Coming back from the Nottingham trip i got a train from Notts to Sheffield and then from Sheffield to York. Didnt take to long, mebbe 3hrs or so? :p

Remember... Tractors can only go so far! :wtf:

Hoder
22-05-08, 21:28
Oh, go on then.

You'll probably need a KK presence to keep you all in line :p

Hope that hasn't put anyone off 8|

As long as the Hodermobile is in good working order, I'll be there ;)Might have to stop by an ASG, but we should be good. Rides available as always to those in the (north) Manchester area. Just PM me in plenty of time.

naimex
22-05-08, 22:08
I'll be there if my new job dosnt get in the way! :)

Triv

You... work ??

never saw that one coming :D :p

silent000
23-05-08, 01:37
Yehp, count me in people! I'll also be driving by then (touch wood) :P So any1 in the south who needs a lift the CrackerMobile will drive up in style and maybe put a small dent in the Hodermobile :cool:

Brammers give me a shout if you are coming Bud, as you live bout 10 mins away I can get you in da car of lust

This time there better be some fanny :P (no offence to any1 that takes that the wrong way ;) )

Hoder
23-05-08, 02:09
maybe put a small dent in the Hodermobile :cool: *waves hammer* Actually, that wouldn't make much difference; in Nottingham it got a great big dent where some bugger kicked / sat on it.. then in Leeds some tosser keyed it :mad: Let's see if I can get the tyres slashed this time :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
23-05-08, 02:13
Anyone passing by the Loughborough area should have a talk with me, as I would prefer to not go by train.
Otherwise, I'm all good.
Hopefully, there are many spoons around the place, so my meager bugdet can carry me to beverage induced oblivion.

danmalone
23-05-08, 03:24
*waves hammer* Actually, that wouldn't make much difference; in Nottingham it got a great big dent where some bugger kicked / sat on it.. then in Leeds some tosser keyed it :mad: Let's see if I can get the tyres slashed this time :rolleyes:

I think your tires will be safe... The worst ive seen is a car exploding on corner of my street but that was some tosser trying to claim on the insurance 8|

DJ will be happy to know that there are 2-3 spoons dotted about :p

Necpock
23-05-08, 06:38
I shalt be there as long as I still have a job by then! and Nick.... whens your birthday? we could be Leo brothers :D

NAPPER
23-05-08, 07:16
Let's see if I can get the tyres slashed this time :rolleyes:

You Need to go to sheffield then Mate :angel:

Nick

I shalt be there as long as I still have a job by then! and Nick.... whens your birthday? we could be Leo brothers

Nah man im Virgo 28th of Zee August but i just said might be a ealry Birthday just a another reason to get very very very Drunk ;)

Austin Powers
23-05-08, 15:32
i shall be attending this time - will bring my flares and my mojo YEAH BABY! YEAAAAAAH!!

nobby
23-05-08, 19:56
Don't think i'll be coming, got Tokyo planned for August :p

Trivaldi
23-05-08, 20:21
You... work ??

never saw that one coming :D :p
Seems i should be fine to attend. I already work but i'm getting a second job :p which starts on Monday 4th so i'm gonna have to sobre up sharpish!

Triv

danmalone
23-05-08, 21:41
Did i tell anyone about the trouble i had over 'that' photo a few weeks after i got the prize? I think i told steve, just cant remember about ne1 else 8|

Matanius
23-05-08, 22:52
Didn't tell me :( I feel unloved

danmalone
25-05-08, 00:51
Didn't tell me :( I feel unloved

I might leave it until the meet up... One things for sure, York has a vodka revolution so more random shots again!!

/me hopes ill be lucky enough to get all the cola ones again :p

Dribble Joy
25-05-08, 02:04
Oh god I remember that. Probably why my hangover was so bad....

Trivaldi
25-05-08, 02:26
I hope to god i dont get chilli shots again, that made my insides sad :(

Triv

StevenJ
25-05-08, 12:06
/me hopes ill be lucky enough to get all the cola ones again :p
Ugh, porridge ones, they tasted like I remember Gloy tasting :( We'll have to get Andy on the Jammie Dodgers or something similar...

I don't think I've ever seen anyone quite as hungover as DJ that morning. It was quite frightening that we were all running the risk of feeling like that...

I've discovered a miracle cure though. Migraine painkillers...

danmalone
25-05-08, 14:03
I've discovered a miracle cure though. Migraine painkillers...

Try pineapple juice... thats stuff u gave me ended up getting rid of all the nasty stuff on the train on the way home ;)

Works like a treat everytime... Orange juice also works well :p

sanityislost
25-05-08, 15:18
hmmmm could be a laugh, anyone know of a half decent bush in york to sleep under?

SiL ..:..

Hoder
25-05-08, 17:37
hmmmm could be a laugh, anyone know of a half decent bush in york to sleep under?

SiL ..:..As all the usual "premierlodgeday inn" type hotels in York are fully booked on the 2nd August, we may all end up under bushes with you, huddled around one of DJ's glowing roll-ups for warmth :(

StevenJ and I are looking at other options, so watch this space.

silent000
25-05-08, 18:32
I'll have the passenger seat of my car if any1 is up for spending the night cuddled up to me :lol:

But aye i'll prob sleep in my car, protect it + music and heating :cool:

sanityislost
25-05-08, 21:35
As all the usual "premierlodgeday inn" type hotels in York are fully booked on the 2nd August, we may all end up under bushes with you, huddled around one of DJ's glowing roll-ups for warmth :(

StevenJ and I are looking at other options, so watch this space.

lol is there any campsites? we could all go camping. thats if i can go still not sure yet lol

SiL ..:..

Dribble Joy
25-05-08, 23:06
Oddly enough my hangover, while appaling and probably the worst I've had in several years, cleared very quickly. All I did was have a glass of water and a choc-chip cookie. The problem being that the act of eating and drinking at the time was nausia indusing.

StevenJ
25-05-08, 23:59
Looks like a couple of options: postpone the date, or all rely on bed and breakfasts. I'm easy either way, though. The local travel lodge has no free rooms until the 16th August (for a Saturday), and if we change to a couple of weeks later, I know people will not book rooms in time leading to more no-shows... me being the prime suspect.

So what do people suggest? (Bearing in mind if we're to do something over Summer we need to move fast) - move to a later time, use local B&Bs, or move to another, quieter city? I'm in favour of B) for now...

Oddly enough my hangover, while appaling and probably the worst I've had in several years, cleared very quickly. All I did was have a glass of water and a choc-chip cookie. The problem being that the act of eating and drinking at the time was nausia indusing.
Perhaps that's what's making me think migraine pills do the job - I took some recently whilst on an "I know it'll do me good" walk through the hills around here in the sun, but 10 minutes after taking them, I actively felt my hangover clear. That put me in a rather good mood.

However sugar and fluids are indeed a fine combination for the Boozeman's Head sufferer, perhaps why Dan's pineapple juice worked. Also salt: John Barnes tells me that isotonic means it's in balance with your bodily fluids (showing my age there), so you'll absorb it faster. But you can't deny that a cup of tea and good bacon sandwich makes for good hangover cures most of the time, however unappealing.

I did keep forgetting you were ill in Leeds, and chatting happily to you, and offering you cigs. For that I apologise!

lol is there any campsites? we could all go camping. thats if i can go still not sure yet lolThat's the kind of talking that started us thinking about renting a holiday cottage somewhere quiet :p Most people find the idea of a more laid back evening drinking around an open fire very appealing, and it's still something that's got to be done, I think!

Ishmael/Mystic
26-05-08, 09:49
dancing naked round a camp fire u say steven? interesting...

silent000
26-05-08, 19:55
Coom Bi Yaaa!

Seriously I'm up for whatever the plan, im an easy guy :cool:

danmalone
26-05-08, 20:36
Ima beat you just like Chelsea will beat Man U >>> Starts a football argument

Just found that post in another thread... One word, MOCKED!! :angel:

Chosen One
26-05-08, 20:38
Just found that post in another thread... One word, MOCKED!! :angel:

lawlz... :confused: :D :eek: 8|

Ishmael/Mystic
26-05-08, 20:43
cracker making a fool of himself... never! :angel:

RAB
26-05-08, 21:32
you recon the servers will be up by then ???

RogerRamjet
30-05-08, 21:55
York huh? I might drop in :angel:

Dr J Zoidberg
30-05-08, 22:33
Might show my face. Depends on the weather.

Me = Hates Rain... (motorbike ^_^)

-Will

hawkeye0778
09-06-08, 01:20
Would have loved to go, Leeds was wicked but i'm away :( Next time though!

StevenJ
09-06-08, 15:42
With hindsight, York was a bad idea for August, as it's so touristy, or because of racing or something... all travel lodges, etc. are booked up, so we're tossing ideas around regarding location, and hopefully somewhere more central. It would have been the case that people had to use small independant BnBs, and would have had to book early - that wouldn't happen :p

Any suggestions?

Birmingham springs to mind as an obvious choice - bad reputation, but in my limited experience it has a stunning city centre, and I think we'd have to be very incompetent to not find something interesting to do in the UK's second city...

(Or we could all sleep under Dan or Mystic's bed if we're quiet...)

Mc.Neill
09-06-08, 18:16
:( Can't come, but I'd love too :( ....

Necpock
09-06-08, 19:29
Blackpool or Clacton!

Hoder
09-06-08, 20:08
In talks with StevenJ this weekend, we did discuss Blackpool but thought it should be somewhere more central so the southern softies have an easier time getting there ;)

silent000
10-06-08, 00:04
Yes plz :P so far all the meetups involved me paying over 50 quiddage for zee train, and thats with a railcard ;)

danmalone
10-06-08, 10:59
There goes my easy ride :(

Dribble Joy
10-06-08, 11:29
Nottingham, though a repeat of a previous meet, is a good place to go.

silent000
10-06-08, 12:02
Nottingham, though a repeat of a previous meet, is a good place to go.

True, that was a damn good night!

Matanius
10-06-08, 12:04
Nottingham or Birmingham are fine by me.

Trivaldi
10-06-08, 14:02
Yes plz :P so far all the meetups involved me paying over 50 quiddage for zee train, and thats with a railcard ;)
pfft, cost me about £60 just in petrol going to Notts! My poor car has suffered allot of mileage because of you lot :p

Perhaps i will enjoy more of notts, as i wont be asleep/hammered/wandering off if we go again.

Birmingham is a huge trek for me, 3 and a half hours by car :( if we're doing Birmingham this time, it better be bloody up north for Christmas!

Just as suggestions what about Manchester or Liverpool? Although i guess they're "all the way up North" for all you Southern gits :p

Triv

danmalone
10-06-08, 14:13
Although i guess they're "all the way up North" for all you Southern gits :p

Triv

U answered your own question unfortunately enough :(

I guess ill be up for anywhere i suppose, not long till all holidays start getting booked up tho so i cant guarantee anything unless we get a date set in stone ;)

Dribble Joy
10-06-08, 14:25
Although i guess they're "all the way up North" for all you Southern gits :p

Triv
Anything above Swindon is 'The North' :p.

danmalone
10-06-08, 14:34
(Or we could all sleep under Dan or Mystic's bed if we're quiet...)

I got enough under my bed already ;)

P.S. Like the new fuzzy look of the sig :p

danmalone
16-06-08, 15:28
However sugar and fluids are indeed a fine combination for the Boozeman's Head sufferer, perhaps why Dan's pineapple juice worked.

Im not sure u understood what i meant by that... In other words, after i drank the pineapple juice it came back up the same way on the train along with all the other crap. In the end i felt better so i guess it does work ;)

CMaster
16-06-08, 15:40
http://www.iba-world.com/english/drinking/

See the "'Cures' for hangovers" section.

RogerRamjet
18-06-08, 20:08
http://www.iba-world.com/english/drinking/

See the "'Cures' for hangovers" section.

That's why a litre bottle of ice cold Lucozade is the best thing in the world after heavy drinking.

StevenJ
01-07-08, 01:40
Oh, fuck it! Nottingham then? :P

30th August?

Brammers
01-07-08, 01:49

30th August?

The date works a lot better for me, and I don't mind Nottingham, it was a great night there.

danmalone
01-07-08, 13:45

30th August?

Sounds good, ive got the week after booked off work anyhow :p

Im guessing this is a fixed venue now? If so ill book my room shortly :)

Ishmael/Mystic
01-07-08, 17:17
Silly dan, you scared them away from York.... as normal, i'll say im coming but it depends on if i get work ( :lol: ) and if i have money :rolleyes:

StevenJ
02-07-08, 02:10
Sounds good, ive got the week after booked off work anyhow :p

Im guessing this is a fixed venue now? If so ill book my room shortly :)
The people I've spoken to have confirmed... so yeah, let's make it definite.

Nottingham, 30th August! Book early to get cheap rooms :angel:

Brammers
02-07-08, 14:19
Just booked at the Nottingham Central Travelodge - 39 quid cheap rooms are still available.

james_finn
02-07-08, 14:25
Lol, typical, I cant make this one either, turns out I am on a Physics summer school over this period....

/Delphi

danmalone
02-07-08, 17:00
Just booked at the Nottingham Central Travelodge - 39 quid cheap rooms are still available.

Thats what i needed to hear ;) Ill book mine tonight if/when i get home...

My boss visited today and gave me 100quids worth of vouchers to spend at a store of my choice... Also won 14quid on scratchcards.

Not a bad day at all, i may have to do the normal lottery :D

Hoder
02-07-08, 18:22
Ok, I'll bite. I did enjoy Nottingham the first time around.

Room all booked: Nottingham Central, 30th August. My birthday weekend, no less!

Lifts available from the Manchester area as usual. One seat already spoken for, two remaining.

Dribble Joy
02-07-08, 18:43
Oh go on then. :p

Matanius
02-07-08, 22:30
Skint beyond words atm but if I can get the cash together I'll be there!

danmalone
03-07-08, 00:22
Im booked in...

May i suggest the thread title be changed from 'tba' to Nottingham :p

Hoder
03-07-08, 00:31
May i suggest the thread title be changed from 'tba' to Nottingham :pDone.

Trivaldi
03-07-08, 18:49
I don't know if i can attend :( i shall have to see how this fits into RL commitments.

Triv

danmalone
03-07-08, 19:36
I don't know if i can attend :( i shall have to see how this fits into RL commitments.

Triv

You make it sound like this drinking session isnt RL :( All the more snow white's and cron beers for me i guess :rolleyes:

StevenJ
05-07-08, 01:02
Confirmations from

Chris G (Ducky)
Joe (Necpock)
Me (Me)

:angel:

Logan_storm_03
05-07-08, 15:03
I think I'll be able to make it. It's a busy month for me, but I'm sure I can find some time to get drugflashed (from cron55) with you guys.

Breakaway
05-07-08, 15:04
Confirmations from

Me (Breakaway)
Sam (Logan_storm)

Grolsch
06-07-08, 01:26
Even though i don't play this fucked up shitty game anymore i shall be there.

Xeno LARD
08-07-08, 00:59
Even though i don't play this fucked up shitty game anymore i shall be there.

And what will you be drinking?

NAPPER
22-07-08, 02:05
I Just have to have to pay for my Hotel room then im sorted.

Ermmmm to the guys that live in Nottingham i have booked myself in to the New Holidayinn Express that just been built in the center of town but can u tell me if this is close to where we will be drinking ??????? :confused:

And i have still yet to talk to Roz but i have booked a Twin Room so he only need his train fare witch i think he can afford so it maybe a yes for him as well he u dont know him as Roz its a guy called in game Rozzer187/Tenchu

So i guess i will see u in Nottingham btw i am bring 2 of my mates with me they live in Nottingham and they are Females so Andy can work his Charm with them ;)

Nick

Dribble Joy
22-07-08, 02:06
I think I've been there before, it's close enough to the centre, and there are plenty of pubs along the route to it. Me and Brams had a bit of a crawl last time....

NAPPER
22-07-08, 03:15
I have Booked it for the Saturday Night and the Sunday Night so if any of u guys wanna stay another night and get pissed again im up for it :D

silent000
22-07-08, 13:53
Confirmations from

Me (Breakaway)
Sam (Logan_storm)

Good man Breakaway... Your Round :cool:

Dribble Joy
22-07-08, 13:58
I have Booked it for the Saturday Night and the Sunday Night so if any of u guys wanna stay another night and get pissed again im up for it :D
Me and Brams spent three nights in Notts for one of the meets. We didn't feel great afterwards....

Twas fun though.

Breakaway
28-07-08, 11:59
Me and Brams spent three nights in Notts for one of the meets. We didn't feel great afterwards....

Twas fun though.

Haha yup, that friday night i couldnt remeber how i got home >< cider for you hehe.
Cya all soon
Dave

Load
31-07-08, 19:57
so wait...i'm lost it's when and where? keep meaning to show up at one of these things it just seems such a trek from london
:(

Dribble Joy
31-07-08, 19:59
Notts is easy from London, just get on the Derby train from St. Pancras.

Oh and it's the 30th of August.

Load
31-07-08, 20:00
ach on holiday then :(

silent000
31-07-08, 23:38
I still remember arriving into Derby and deciding to ring Chris to see if he is there yet, When the tannoy system went off saying train departing I heard it down the phone on Chris's phone and it turned out he was sitting just down the train from me :D

Lodar
01-08-08, 16:15
Looks like I'll be coming again this time, look out Nottingham! :p

danmalone
01-08-08, 16:46
From what i have seen so far the following people have confirmed that they shall be attending:

Me
StevenJ
Dribble Joy
Brammers
Napper
Lodar
Trivaldi
Hoder
Silent000
Necpock
Austin Powers
Chris Goth(erdige :p)
Breakaway
Logan_Storm
Grolsch

The following are unconfirmed:

The_Tick
Mystic :mad:
Dr J Zoidberg
Matanius :mad:
Roz

:D :D

William Antrim
01-08-08, 16:52
Is Roz coming? Lol. I am home on leave for the weekend of the 30th August I think (is that the bank holiday weekend or the one after?) so I might be able to get along to this. If so I will bring our brother too with a bit of luck.

danmalone
01-08-08, 16:59
Is Roz coming? Lol. I am home on leave for the weekend of the 30th August I think (is that the bank holiday weekend or the one after?) so I might be able to get along to this. If so I will bring our brother too with a bit of luck.

25th Aug is the bank holiday i believe

Ishmael/Mystic
01-08-08, 19:24
I've already got the 22nd off for my birthday... maybe if i touch my manager he'll give me more... (yes i said he'll.... ;) )

NAPPER
06-08-08, 03:39
I've already got the 22nd off for my birthday... maybe if i touch my manager he'll give me more... (yes i said he'll.... ;) )

Lol I have the Full Week off for my Birthday on the 28th ;) and not back to work till the 4th of Sep :D. If u really wanted to i wouldnt say no if u tryed to buy me a Birthday Drink lol.

Roz Will no longer be joining us for he is in Spain with his Other Half and his baby Girl.

Nick

Breakaway
11-08-08, 21:39
me n sam might come dressed as pirates! fuck it lol! :D
break

Hoder
11-08-08, 22:14
breakOh, lordy...

what should I come as then?

StevenJ
11-08-08, 22:29
Oh, lordy...

what should I come as then?
panda

I guess we need a schedule to around 9pm, and also imagine people will be turning up from around 2pm? As I was a late-comer last time around, what places worked best for daytime ales?

I think the list now stands at...

Me
StevenJ
Dribble Joy
Brammers
Napper
Lodar
Trivaldi
Hoder
Silent000
Necpock
Austin Powers
Chris Goth(erdige )
Breakaway
Logan_Storm
Grolsch
Fill
Junkie

The following are unconfirmed:

The_Tick
Mystic
Dr J Zoidberg
Matanius - doubtful :(

Logan_storm_03
11-08-08, 22:48
break

Yarrr fuck it, tis a mighty fine plan.

I look forward to it, although I'm basically returning from asia to it, then freshers week soon after.

I need to join the NHS liver transplant list pretty soon in advance then lol

silent000
11-08-08, 23:04
I'm sure me and Fill will be changing into our birthday suit at the sight of Mr Steve

Trivaldi
12-08-08, 00:11
I'd just like to add that i've not confirmed that i'm coming yet :p

Triv

Hoder
12-08-08, 01:57

TrivI'll buy you a Wild Turkey if you do :)

Dribble Joy
12-08-08, 02:19
Not a chilli vodka?

Anyway, I think this time a video camera needs to be brought along......

NAPPER
12-08-08, 06:52

Triv

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!11

silent000
12-08-08, 11:20

Triv

Would another Cream Cracker hug sway your decision? ;)

zii
12-08-08, 20:47
Why are these meetings /piss ups always in England? Come to Gibraltar where the weather is sunnier and the biere is cheaper. Sleazyjet flies here.

A Paddington / Nottingham second class ticket is about 30 quid one way (although those with student type discount cards might fare better), whereas an Easyjet from can be bought in advance from about 30 pounds oneway if one booked in advance.

Hoder
12-08-08, 21:37
an Easyjet from can be bought in advance from about 30 pounds oneway if one booked in advance.Trouble is, most people would want to return at some point. These "cheap" offers are usually one way, but they sting you on the return flight.

Still, it's worth considering. I've travelled abroad for NC get togethers before now, so it's no problem for me to hop on a plane elsewhere if I can find reasonably priced accommodation. Not sure how many others would share my sense of adventure though.

Ishmael/Mystic
12-08-08, 22:14
Trouble is, most people would want to return at some point. These "cheap" offers are usually one way, but they sting you on the return flight.

Still, it's worth considering. I've travelled abroad for NC get togethers before now, so it's no problem for me to hop on a plane elsewhere if I can find reasonably priced accommodation. Not sure how many others would share my sense of adventure though.

Depends on what treasure awaits at the end of the adventure? ;)

Lodar
12-08-08, 23:22

That would indeed be a fantastic idea, but would likely be beyond the price range of a lot of people (myself for one) :(

Hoder
13-08-08, 00:30
would likely be beyond the price range of a lot of people (myself for one) :(For curiosity, I looked up a flight from Manc to Gib and got it down to £110 return inc. taxes but the accommodation makes it a bit dear. Dunno if there are such things as backpackers' hostels in Gib, but I digress... let's look forward to Notts before we make the "where next" thread :)

Breakaway
15-08-08, 12:03
Urgh. we have just realised that we have a fancy dress party for my best mates GF's 21st bday on the same night. but we will still attend the neocron meeting. but we will be down later on (like around 10ish) so yeah just look out for the crazy pirates trying to take seige of pit and pendulum!
hehe
:D

Logan_storm_03
15-08-08, 14:14
Yarrr.

DrRisk
15-08-08, 16:08
Depends on what treasure awaits at the end of the adventure? ;)
Little girls

also cake

nobby
17-08-08, 14:32
Hey !

2009- Tokyo?

yeah? ok :p

Trivaldi
18-08-08, 13:59
Right thats two sets of holidays booked, now for accommodation - space anyone? :p

I might remember some of the later pubs this time ;)

Triv

Breakaway
20-08-08, 13:03
Right ... We will be up at like 9ish now. and will be 4 of us so look out for the channel 4 newsteam from anchorman ;) hehe
Cya all on 30th

silent000
20-08-08, 13:13
Some of us will be up on the 29th through to the 30th (including myself) so if anyone is interested in coming up a day early give me a shout...

Breakaway
20-08-08, 13:17
that wud b quality tbh! as im up notts drinking on friday also anyways with some m8s so yeah we can meet up with u pal.

silent000
20-08-08, 19:32
that wud b quality tbh! as im up notts drinking on friday also anyways with some m8s so yeah we can meet up with u pal.

Alright mate, ill get some confirming shiz on the go about the day early majibber, and we'll exchange numbas or summit closer to the date.

silent000
22-08-08, 21:04
Just occurred to me aswell Mr Holiday, Mr Antrim? You gunna be about this Notts meet-up? :)

Purple
23-08-08, 02:05
Can someone confirm... Is this meet and 30th August and where exactly times places etc etc

I would really love to meet some of you mofos

Hoder
23-08-08, 02:08
Can someone confirm... Is this meet and 30th August and where exactly times places etc etc

I would really love to meet some of you mofos
The main do is the 30th, although I believe members of a certain clan are turning up a day earlier for a private get-together.

Most people will check into their hotel before deciding where to meet and are in contact via mobile. Your best bet is to hook up with someone who's going to swap mobile numbers nearer the time.

Purple
23-08-08, 02:10
ok well... easiest way to solve this is....

I am currently in Northumberland so anyone along the way who is in close proximity and may need a lift PM me to discuss. xxx :-)

silent000
23-08-08, 02:12
Basically if your interested in coming then give me a PM and i'll give you my digits and ill give you a text about what going on, and as Hoder said, a few of us are going down on the 29th and staying for 2 nights instead of one, anyone is welcome to join us.

EDIT: just saw your post let me check my map because I know some of us are going by means of car so I shall see if it is on our way...

[EDIT: sorry im a gump, thought you said you needed a lift, theres 5 mins of my time wasted, its late! you owe me a drink :cool:

William Antrim
23-08-08, 12:43
Just occurred to me aswell Mr Holiday, Mr Antrim? You gunna be about this Notts meet-up? :)

Im on leave till the end of next week so im in town, what date is the meet again? i cant be arsed to trawl through 9 pages of you lot arguing to find out!

Can someone edit the first page for us and ill probably pop along and buy you girls a beer again.

silent000
23-08-08, 14:15
The main meet-up date is the 30th, but a few of us including myself will be down on the 29th, give me a shout if your up for it bud

Fega
23-08-08, 14:21
Andy and me are going down in my party van. Full of pizza and stuff!

Trivaldi
23-08-08, 14:30
Can someone edit the first page for us and ill probably pop along and buy you girls a beer again.
Done.

If someone would like to sift through and get an updated version of the confirmed attendees list i'll add that to the first post too.

Thread title also updated.

We still need a start location and time, i can get down for around midday-ish hopefully, Walkabout was a decent starting point last time so one suggestion is that but a change of scenery for the starting location would be nice, i might be able to remember more pubs that way ;)

Triv

P.S. I am now deffinetly coming, time off and accomodation sorted ;)

Fega
23-08-08, 14:41
You should probabaly update the post to say that the majority of us will be staying at the Nottingham Central Travelodge.

Rooms are around £50 a night for a family room.

silent000
23-08-08, 14:52
Updated List;

Me (Down on 29th)
StevenJ
Rob (Down on 29th)
Chris
Trivaldi
Hoder
Lodar
Breakaway
Logan Storm
Grolsch
Austin Powers
Fill (Down on 29th)
Junkie (Down on 29th)
Napper
Brammers
Dribble Joy
Mystic
Purple

To be confirmed:

Joe (will get in contact with him soon)

Most of these people were taken from previous list, but i am sure most are still coming...

Fega
23-08-08, 15:10
To be confirmed:

Nobby!

And when he reads this: Yes Nobby, you are coming and I don't want to hear you whine about money anymore.

Mc.Neill
23-08-08, 19:24
I can't get a cheap flight ticket -_- 200 euros ffs -_-

So I won't be coming....

Greetings... Neill*

Logan_storm_03
23-08-08, 21:26
Get walking.

nobby
23-08-08, 23:40
To be confirmed:

Nobby!

And when he reads this: Yes Nobby, you are coming and I don't want to hear you whine about money anymore.

I've had to use my bloody emergency money in japan to keep alive, that was my money for Nottingham... :(

and all the money i spent on manga for you guys aswell....

sad panda... :(

Purple
24-08-08, 00:27
Nobby I'd almost be tempted to drive and pick you up...... just to meet you.

After all you where the bane of my life for a while!

But I love you.... Seriously where is it you come from again?

nobby
24-08-08, 02:11
ahh ! lol

i live in a tiny village called bythorn outside cambridgeshire

(search bythorn on google maps)

Dribble Joy
25-08-08, 02:05
Someone give this loon a ride.

I shall be making an appearance as planned.... when, well that's a surprise.....

silent000
25-08-08, 02:22
Basically lads, if we can all get sorted in the central travel lodge this time, than that will be better, and also there will be quite a few rooms in peoples names so if any1 is stuck for accomodation and arn't booking it till they are there then get in contact with me when you are arriving and we will see what we can do!

NAPPER
25-08-08, 06:39
Anyone staying at the HolidayInn Express witht he Glass side ????

Brammers
25-08-08, 13:22
I won't be able to come a day early I'm afraid, but I'll make sure I get to Nottingham on an earlier train to get a bit of extra drinking time in! :D

I'll let you know what time I'm due in Nottingham when the National Rail site works again.

Snedex
26-08-08, 02:53
Nottingham again ... this is going to be interesting ....

nobby
27-08-08, 16:18
I won't be coming : \

no money, sorry guys, guess i'll try and send pressies from japan later.

silent000
27-08-08, 17:15
Buy me a dirty jappy bird, and ship her over in a large container please, i'll give you 5 shiny pennies for her!

Dribble Joy
27-08-08, 17:47
Ok, so... erm.. I have a slight problem...

Well... two really...

First is that the deposit cheque from my last landlord hasn't turned up yet.

Secondly and more importantly, I have just found out I have been the subject of fraud.
Went to the bank today and the only option was to cancel my card, not that there was any money left in my account because of some little arseburger, money I probably won't get back.

However I am still coming. I shall endeavour to borrow some cash from someone which I can pay back when I get the cheque.

Dribble Joy
28-08-08, 02:14
Disaster averted. Many a beverage will be consumed.

Snedex
28-08-08, 10:30
Disaster averted. Many a beverage will be consumed.

Woot! Nothing like a good celebration of a disaster averted!

L0KI
28-08-08, 16:51
Wow, this saturday.

I'd really like to attend. I'm not even far from Nottingham.. Actually living in Worksop now. I'm so close to attending this it's mad.

DJ - I think it's about time I met you in the flesh after all.
And Al - I can't believe I haven't met you and your bro yet after all this time...

So, who can I contact about meeting up with you if I can make it? If you have already made the plans on where you are meeting and when - I apologise.

NAPPER
28-08-08, 17:30
Wow, this saturday.

I'd really like to attend. I'm not even far from Nottingham.. Actually living in Worksop now. I'm so close to attending this it's mad.

And Al - I can't believe I haven't met you and your bro yet after all this time...

So, who can I contact about meeting up with you if I can make it? If you have already made the plans on where you are meeting and when - I apologise.

Dude tell me if ur going and i will meet u in town and we can travel together

danmalone
28-08-08, 17:33
Wow, this saturday.

There ya go Nick, that answers your question :p

As far as i know, Mr C. Cracker has taken it upon himself to be the contact for this, PM silent000 and im sure he will reply in good time :angel:

L0KI
28-08-08, 17:51
I'd still get the Train to Sheff to head to Nottingham. Worsksop doesn't have a station - just a stop ;)

silent000
28-08-08, 18:49
I'd still get the Train to Sheff to head to Nottingham. Worsksop doesn't have a station - just a stop ;)

Yeh buddy, give me a a PM with your digits or i'll send you mine or whatever and we will see what we can do, i'll be down on the Friday with some others so whatever time you get there on sat, we will be there

Dribble Joy
28-08-08, 19:47
Confounded bank.

Fraudy charge takes me over overdraught limit, parents gimme some money, bank charges me for going over the limit. Now I only have £43 for the weekend and I was planning on getting a haircut tomorrow. I may have to borrow some money from someone (either there or here).

Dribble Joy
29-08-08, 11:01
Vent, a minute ago...

DJ: Arr....

*silence*

Andy: UUhhhh... the hell.. what are... I'm not supposed to be up at this time in the mornin'....

DJ: *Giggles inanely*

Andy: I'm gonna go have the mornin' cig and get in the.. bath...

DJ: *Cackles like a hyena on speed*

Mr Kot
29-08-08, 11:13
Are we nearly there yet?

silent000
29-08-08, 12:07
Right, im just about to head out to the train station (30 min walk) then i shall get to bristol temple meads and go up with Robert and Phillip! see you all either today or tomorrow guys :D

silent000
29-08-08, 13:10
and just as I'm about to head out I notice my car log book has come, the day of all days... :rolleyes:

StevenJ
29-08-08, 16:03
Just spoke to Andy and Junkie... in the three hours Andy has been travelling, he's made it to Gloucester, nearly :D

Anyone else deciding to come along, either for just tomorrow or heading out tonight, pls PM me and I'll send you mobile numbers.

Black Mamba
29-08-08, 19:29
i got told about this last night!1 grr, next time i will make it!!1

Brammers
29-08-08, 22:04
Just spoke to Andy and Junkie... in the three hours Andy has been travelling, he's made it to Gloucester, nearly :D

Anyone else deciding to come along, either for just tomorrow or heading out tonight, pls PM me and I'll send you mobile numbers.

Spoke to Andy about 5pm, they had just picked up DJ - he needed the postcode to the travellodge...nearly gave postcode for Norwich central, instead of Nottingham central! :eek:

I'll be in Nottingham from 1pm tomorrow, anyone coming who wants my number, PM me.

Nymphette79
30-08-08, 01:53
Have a good one guys, think of me sat at home lamely glued to Most Haunted Live.

Logan_storm_03
30-08-08, 15:23
Me an Breakaway may be able to attend after this fancy dress party. But we'll need some numbers to catch up with you guys about 12ish. It depends how drunk we get before.

[ eidted ] is mine.

Just keep a look out for Tony Montanna and Rambo.

Trivaldi
31-08-08, 20:13
Topic split and unstuck, please see here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=142880) for the aftermath!

Triv