PDA

View Full Version : This game seems cool

Loudikris
18-05-08, 07:16
Hello. I am a noob to NC and not sure how I managed to miss it when it first came out. This game is so freaking cool I can't express how much I love the setting, and the artwork, it feels like Shadowrun in MMO form.

The only problems I have had with the game so far is I haven't really seen anyone around and the steep learning curve. Are there many people that play this game still? Is there a good chance of getting into a guild, and doing some pvp, or any guilds that will help guide a noob into the game? I really wanna like this game, and get into it, possibly try to convince some rl friends to play also, but if theres no active community then I am afraid it is not worth it to play and that really depresses me.

NAPPER
18-05-08, 09:38
yeah dude u wanna try afterdark they op war ermmm op wars are outpost wars where u have to fight other clans for the outpost very very cool but u have to be caped really to have th most fun out of it but just ask around im sure someone will help u :angel:

Napper

Matanius
18-05-08, 11:16
Well the pops for this game have never been great and at the moment are pretty low. However there is between 8-10% on most nights (80-100) so enough for you to find some help etc.

As for the learning curve, there's not a lot to say other than make good use of the in game help channel (Hypercom/F1 > Custom > Player to Player Help) and bookmark these sites:

www.techhaven.org - NC's best fansite (imho) lot's of info, Items Database etc
http://wiki.techhaven.org/Main_Page - The NC Wiki, Lot's of guides, pics etc. Still being worked on but it's getting there.

Post your in-game name(s) here too so that we know who to look out for (or at least I do!) and we can lend a hand. It's very hard to get a hold in this game without some help.

All that being said it is a game that you will come to love so long as you can look past it's misgivings. Just stick with it

(Oh, and call them clans, not guilds. Calling them guilds might get you killed in NC :p)

Voodoo_Magic
18-05-08, 12:58
Hello. I am a noob to NC and not sure how I managed to miss it when it first came out. This game is so freaking cool I can't express how much I love the setting, and the artwork, it feels like Shadowrun in MMO form.

The only problems I have had with the game so far is I haven't really seen anyone around and the steep learning curve. Are there many people that play this game still? Is there a good chance of getting into a guild, and doing some pvp, or any guilds that will help guide a noob into the game? I really wanna like this game, and get into it, possibly try to convince some rl friends to play also, but if theres no active community then I am afraid it is not worth it to play and that really depresses me.

About the learning curve.

Can i buy your LE chip for 50k ?

Zheo
18-05-08, 13:19
Most people hang around Plaza 1 and 2 most of the time, also the creeper caves and Regants are popular places. I spent my first three months in Viarosso 3 and saw two other runners both ignored me lol

Nidhogg
18-05-08, 13:51
Ignore Voodoo; keep your LE in until you find your feet. While that chip is installed people like Voodoo can't gank you. ;)

I'll second the recommendations above for Techhaven and the wiki. Welcome to Neocron!

N

silent000
18-05-08, 14:07
Dont listen to Nid, he's just a troller that comes on from time-to-time and impersonates an admin....tut tut

Voodoo_Magic
18-05-08, 15:08
Dont listen to Nid, he's just a troller that comes on from time-to-time and impersonates an admin....tut tut

I agree

Go ingame and sell your LE chip, ill up the bid. 60k!

If you lucky some crazy creamy cracker might pay more.

Okran
18-05-08, 15:17
Population levels largely depends on the time you log on. Most people are on after GMT - 18:00. I have two main character listed in my sig*, Direct Message me in game if you help.

Apocalypsox
19-05-08, 00:04

Dont listen to Silent, hes just a wannabe troller that escapes my slave cage occasionally :lol:

But anyways, you don't have to take out your LE, but i would suggest it. When i was new, i always thought it was more fun to have it out and have the danger of someone killing you. really adds to the experience.

But that experience gets fucked up when someone starts camping your leveling area, so its your choice for a tradeoff.

Asurmen Spec Op
19-05-08, 02:22
I took out my LE chip right off and look where I ended up!

NAPPER
19-05-08, 03:17
Dont listen to Silent, hes just a wannabe troller that escapes my slave cage occasionally :lol:

But anyways, you don't have to take out your LE, but i would suggest it. When i was new, i always thought it was more fun to have it out and have the danger of someone killing you. really adds to the experience.

But that experience gets fucked up when someone starts camping your leveling area, so its your choice for a tradeoff.

Dude if he takes out he LE and gos in to p2 and gets killed over and over again he will quit we dont want that.

Black-Flames
19-05-08, 04:25
[ edited ]

Asurmen Spec Op
19-05-08, 05:09
[ edited ]

Dude if he takes out he LE and gos in to p2 and gets killed over and over again he will quit we dont want that.
Only if you go through the P1->P2 zoneline like a dumbass, if you don't learn the first time, this game may be just a bit to far above your int skill.
Too bad most people use the LE till they are ready to PVP, made the community a bunch of carebears :(

Flub900
19-05-08, 07:03
either nidd is busy taking a very large shit and still trying to unclog the toilet, or no one is going to edit that post.

Nidhogg
19-05-08, 10:53
either nidd is busy taking a very large shit and still trying to unclog the toilet, or no one is going to edit that post.
Or C) It's the middle of the night. :p

Back on topic please.

N

naimex
19-05-08, 11:32

Back on topic please.

N

But we enjoy talking about your toilet and the unclogging abilities of your hammer :)

anyways, it's good that you think the game is cool.

I wish you the best of times with it :)

Biglines
19-05-08, 13:08
Tbh the game is good as it is, of course it would be great if some bugs were actually solved, but even with the bugs, the game is so worth it for some people, and so not worth it for some others. You either live with it or leave, no use whining on and on about it.

Like the topic starter I came to neocron because of its unique feel, complexity and atmosphere, the pvp system and opwars. Since no other games have it in this way, it was a clear choice for me, its an ownage game concept, and population is for me just large enough, nice to know almost every single player, but still enough people on to do some opwars occasionally.

Also the ones still on now are the really die hard players, meaning that the overal level of players is much more serious and less likely to be asses. (being able to live with the bugs makes sure you a have some patient people ;))

Asurmen Spec Op
20-05-08, 02:18

Back on topic please.

N
Touche :(

danmalone
20-05-08, 17:40

When i started back in the day it took me a very long time to get my feet firm on the ground and to a reasonable lvl. I would suggest keeping your LE in, dont listen to any1 who tell's you otherwise ;)

If you need a hand lvling or need money/new weapons there will be a reasonable amount of ppl who would help you out im sure (and then the rest of the population who tell you to go earn your own money and whatnot, ignore them tbh :p ) You can shout me or just shout over the help channel/trade channel for any of the chars in my sig then ill come help you (usually on 19:00-03:00 GMT varies from day to day and week to week :p )

I wouldnt commit to clans untill you are very nearly capped because your LE (the chip in your head that excludes you from direct pvp) cannot be put back in after your base rank gets past /30

Asurmen Spec Op
20-05-08, 22:33
When i started back in the day it took me a very long time to get my feet firm on the ground and to a reasonable lvl. I would suggest keeping your LE in, dont listen to any1 who tell's you otherwise ;)

If you need a hand lvling or need money/new weapons there will be a reasonable amount of ppl who would help you out im sure (and then the rest of the population who tell you to go earn your own money and whatnot, ignore them tbh :p ) You can shout me or just shout over the help channel/trade channel for any of the chars in my sig then ill come help you (usually on 19:00-03:00 GMT varies from day to day and week to week :p )

I wouldnt commit to clans untill you are very nearly capped because your LE (the chip in your head that excludes you from direct pvp) cannot be put back in after your base rank gets past /30
Again I disagree, if you learn the game without a LE you learn things like backways into places common for pvp, and especially you become paranoid about people in the area.
Makes you better in real pvp ;)

Biglines
20-05-08, 22:37
i took out my LE when i was around rank 40, as a droner, so i still should get ganked pretty easily, but it actually adds soooo much to the gameplay, mostly having a clan to hang out with, and get free weapons from, but also the thrill of being afraid of every1 in p2.... of course you get mad at someone killing you, but every multiplayer shooter noob gets mad at dieing... so who cares

DrRisk
20-05-08, 23:10
pepper park>P2. PROVE ME WRONG

danmalone
21-05-08, 01:00
Again I disagree, if you learn the game without a LE you learn things like backways into places common for pvp, and especially you become paranoid about people in the area.
Makes you better in real pvp ;)

I can definately see where your coming from... My first ever char i didnt have a clue what that imp was so got rid v v soon.

It took me soo long to get anywhere without the le so i re-rolled and kept le in resulting in my actually getting a char very near cap. I must admit tho it did take a while to get the whole pvp thing 'down' when i did take it out.

Another thing is... when im on downer days and i just wanna lvl a char, if i see a un le'd lvling sumwhere i want to be lvling i log an alt and kill em :( Its harsh and not a way i really want to play but as i said.... 'downer day' they dont occur too often so ur safe :cool:

Asurmen Spec Op
21-05-08, 01:02
pepper park>P2. PROVE ME WRONG
If thats the one next to the club and plaza(its been a while) it sucks just as much because of whoring the club.

Koshinn
21-05-08, 07:39

If you get tons of synaptic imparement, doesn't your rank drop below /30?

danmalone
21-05-08, 11:57
If you get tons of synaptic imparement, doesn't your rank drop below /30?

Not that i know of, then again people have proved me wrong before ;)

naimex
21-05-08, 16:18
Not that i know of, then again people have proved me wrong before ;)

it did once, then they put in a patch, and then after that patch my /xx never dropped again, unless i changed armor, popped drugs, changed imps or lommed

RAB
23-05-08, 18:25
it feels like Shadowrun in MMO form.

Exactly! and it what keeps me hooked. There are lots 'like' it but none as good. I dont know why the population is so low at the moment !?

DEF dont pull your LE chip until you are ready and able to take other characters on - which means pretty much capped with decent armour and a rare weapon!! Other wise you'll pull your gun, shoot at them, they'll shoot back and you'll die!

I'm often on in the mornings and then again at some point in the afternoon and/or evenings. Feel free to ask for any help/advise if you see me around. All my characters are still LE'd so I'm no threat to you even if we are faction enemies.

My advise for getting yourself going is as follows:
Do some research on the forums/THN etc... as previously mentioned.
Download Nskill and plan a character - use a template from the forums to get yourself going... that way you know where to allocate your points when you earn them!! You can re-allocate them with LOM pills but you lose experience too and using too many, especially early on will cost you valuable levels.

Do some easy missions in a local level 1 sewer - kill small sewer rat/flies/etc.. get used to that and earn yourself some easy initial levels across all skills.

Ask around. The community is mostly pretty nice and helpful and expereinced characters will often give hand outs to newbs both money and weapons wise...
Always use the best possible weapon you can. You earn more expereince and level quicker. Shop bought stuff is crap, get a player to research one and then another to build you one.

Once you have some armour and a half decent weapon, try the level 4 rooms in Plaza2. Do Hard missions for your faction and kill aggie captains - this will get you better experience across the board and more money.

When you're doing ok in there, check out the waste lands. Tag all the GRs you come across.
I'd say head up the West side of the map first, make sure you get Redpoint, Techhaven, battle dome and then head to Millitary base. There is bunker just outside MB which is pretty good for medium level leveling.
Watch the mobs the further north you go, thy get pretty tough and will own you if you run into them. Give them a wide berth!!!

You'll know what you're doing by then.... enjoy.

Asurmen Spec Op
23-05-08, 18:52
it feels like Shadowrun in MMO form.

Minus the elves :P

Exactly! and it what keeps me hooked. There are lots 'like' it but none as good. I dont know why the population is so low at the moment !?

DEF dont pull your LE chip until you are ready and able to take other characters on - which means pretty much capped with decent armour and a rare weapon!! Other wise you'll pull your gun, shoot at them, they'll shoot back and you'll die!

I'm often on in the mornings and then again at some point in the afternoon and/or evenings. Feel free to ask for any help/advise if you see me around. All my characters are still LE'd so I'm no threat to you even if we are faction enemies.

My advise for getting yourself going is as follows:
Do some research on the forums/THN etc... as previously mentioned.
Download Nskill and plan a character - use a template from the forums to get yourself going... that way you know where to allocate your points when you earn them!! You can re-allocate them with LOM pills but you lose experience too and using too many, especially early on will cost you valuable levels.

Do some easy missions in a local level 1 sewer - kill small sewer rat/flies/etc.. get used to that and earn yourself some easy initial levels across all skills.

Ask around. The community is mostly pretty nice and helpful and expereinced characters will often give hand outs to newbs both money and weapons wise...
Always use the best possible weapon you can. You earn more expereince and level quicker. Shop bought stuff is crap, get a player to research one and then another to build you one.

Once you have some armour and a half decent weapon, try the level 4 rooms in Plaza2. Do Hard missions for your faction and kill aggie captains - this will get you better experience across the board and more money.

When you're doing ok in there, check out the waste lands. Tag all the GRs you come across.
I'd say head up the West side of the map first, make sure you get Redpoint, Techhaven, battle dome and then head to Millitary base. There is bunker just outside MB which is pretty good for medium level leveling.
Watch the mobs the further north you go, thy get pretty tough and will own you if you run into them. Give them a wide berth!!!

You'll know what you're doing by then.... enjoy.
Ick I disagree here.
Firstly, planning your first toon that soon? Seriously? Why not experiment a bit, lom pills work fine ya know.

Plus, even as a pretty low level you can get out of pvp without a LE easilly, most people can't aim to well :P.

What am I like one of the two people left who played the game like it was a scarey cyberpunk game where life was shit and sometimes shit happened? :(