PDA

View Full Version : Please fix Melee ...

landofcake
18-05-08, 04:44
I'd often heard that Melee is pretty bad at the moment, so i thought i'd give it a try ...

Fuck me, it's absolutely awful ... any class that has PPU buffs is literally immune to melee weapons, they do so little damage it's shocking and totally worthless ...

Does KK EVER intend to fix this ?!?

Matanius
18-05-08, 11:17
Good luck with this thread :rolleyes:

Road runner
18-05-08, 11:29
All resources are on developing BP, mate.

Although why they can't just edit the overall damage of melee and patch it quickly, I don't know. Surely it's as simple as changing a number..

Neallys
18-05-08, 20:09
It can probably be easily done, in theory. Guess it's a matter of balance of the classes.

naimex
18-05-08, 23:13
It can be done easily, but you might remember some of the earlier times, things were fixed fast, without proper testing...

like the uhm... 400 dmg per hit apu spells, the 3 second resurrections, the 1 shot xbows.....

just to list the obvious ones.

Apocalypsox
19-05-08, 00:02
as soon as its fixed, ill resub both my accounts. Until then, i don't get any enjoyment out of NC -.- i spent alot of time on my fucking hybrid tank, too.

landofcake
19-05-08, 01:35
I've now tested all the melee weapons and they're all awful ...

Mr_Snow
19-05-08, 14:16
COSMO!! You play nc again? Dude... last I hear you were somewhere between eve and fomk yet again

Seraphin[69]
21-05-08, 21:56
Well melee sux for 4 reasons :

1/ You can't hit because of the netcode (you hear the hit but it doesn't register server side)

2/ You can't damage the people enought because the damage output is pityful

3/ You can't manage to hit a speedchar

4/ Finally you have no extra protection over your legs (and when a melee's legs are dead, you're a dead pole)

Road runner
21-05-08, 22:33
5.) The stamina drain is hideous. If you are fighting a non-buffed person (so there is at least a CHANCE of you doing more damage than their self heal) then you generally get through 1 - 2 stam boosters minimum to kill them, obviously more if you miss a lot.

RandomCustomer
21-05-08, 23:42
Im pretty sure they can and have been changing weapon values without patching now. Melee does need a slight boost. I dont think you will ever see big damage against ppu buffs with melee weapons, without making them unbalanced. But they could use some sort of boost in my opinion, whether that is reducing stamina drain, or adding a slight boost to damage.

landofcake
22-05-08, 00:33
I'm convinced that these things need a damage boost ...

I've taken my Melee tank to OP fights with a Devils Grace, and i literally cannot do enough damage to take out a buffed character with a holy heal on.

And by take out i mean 'take off any of his health'.

I understand that it shouldn't be easy to kill a character with full PPU shields and a holy heal, but many many other weapons can manage it ...

I've now LoM'ed my Tank to use a stabber pulselaser rifle ... it's a sorry state of affairs when a TL81 Non-Rare High-Tech Rifle easily outdamages a TL115 High-Tech Melee rare ...

RandomCustomer
22-05-08, 01:29
I've heard kk say that melee doesn't need a boost because melee weapons dont require a closed reticule to hit someone. I think this advantage is neglegiable because most rifles and pistols require almost zero time for the reticule to close (with a pure pvp setup) and so melee shouldn't receive such a strong damage nerf.