PDA

View Full Version : Doy ??

RAB
14-05-08, 10:27
Well since it seems to be a waste of space at the moment, how about putting it to some use? After all I imagine it took a while to create and implement in the first place, and personally I think it looks great and it's a good job and such as waste at the moment.

How about:
- a storyline that uses it? Something decent like it's been taken over by some new unknown enemies that threaten existence as we know it unless we can go in there and foil their plans and generally kick their asses ?
Could even throw some new boss dudes with ultra rare new tech part drops which maybe could make some new weapons/imps etc.. mix things up a little?
- at least at min fill it with decent mobs so it's worth going there to hunt. Last time I went there all I could find where aggie captains and P2 has them!!
- How about implementing a few of the ideas I have seen suggested like having a few speciality NPCs that poke newbs etc... there.

?????

SnowCrash
14-05-08, 10:32
There have been several story events in course of the re-design of the dome. Also you have several high-level dungeons connected to the main sectors including a high-level run to obtain some new WoC weapons. You might want to check out the city sector for that.

NPCs that implant other players are still not possible, as the game mechanic necessary for this action is not realisable.

RAB
14-05-08, 11:06
There have been several story events in course of the re-design of the dome. Also you have several high-level dungeons connected to the main sectors including a high-level run to obtain some new WoC weapons. You might want to check out the city sector for that.

NPCs that implant other players are still not possible, as the game mechanic necessary for this action is not realisable.

Cheers SC but just to clarify, does that mean there are up and comming story DOY stuff or have I missed it?
'New' WoC - do you mean above and beyond what we got now as listed on THN?

SnowCrash
14-05-08, 11:15
Cheers SC but just to clarify, does that mean there are up and comming story DOY stuff or have I missed it?

You propably have missed the major events as the dome re-design was a while ago. To check out the latest events you should take a look at the Neocron webzines Neocronicle (http://www.neocronicle.com) and Voice of the Resistance (http://www.votr-mag.com).

To learn more about the WoC weapons you should have a talk with the mission npc in the doy city center.

danmalone
14-05-08, 11:49

Not too sure about the storyline, but afaik there is an ak, glock and swat rifle (these being different cause they are PE viable aswell as spy's :)

Whilst pe's can use the normal dex113 ak and woc pistol they lack resists and usualy require ppu buffs or alot of drugs ;)

As for doy, i dont think its too bad... Ive ran about the new dungeons a few times and they alrite, i just think there could be zones with more mob variations.

Im not sure if this is already implemented but how about have the anarchy breed guys inhabiting some zones? It would make it much better for people to get rid of those nasty red numbers in the F6 menu... even if it means using the citycom in the CC and running 6zones to get to them, i would much rather do that than run through endless wasteland zones looking for em :o

Road runner
14-05-08, 11:49

Mate, it's just the new WoC rifle&pistol mission from way back in December.

Check your PM ;)

NAPPER
14-05-08, 14:34
I like the missions to get the WoC weapons but it takes far to log and the amount of damage u get off the Mobs are crazy.

Should turn them in to Outpost zones and then have clans hack and fight for them like normal and have some sort of prize for the clan that gets them all or holds them for the longest like 100k in the clan back for holding one for 24 hours with no interruptions then get a bonus for getting them all