PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Lore on Pistol PE

Prom_STar
12-05-08, 21:42
How much weapon lore does one need to have a competent Pistol PE these days? With the setup I'm playing around with (in NSkill) right now I can get my dex to 105 with two drugs (100 without drugs). So I guess I'm looking at a Judge or a BOH or the XBow.

Gr33n13
12-05-08, 23:51
i think i had 110 or 120 without implants on my pe and 10 or 20 points on psi use (i dont remember exactly but i guess it was 10 ;) ). i never had something like implant or hacking skill. i think u can go with less on wep lore but i had other chars for the other stuff ;) :D

landofcake
13-05-08, 00:03
Weapon lore is not a problem really, i wouldn't take it much over 100 base as you'll get alot from implants ...

As for the DEX and weapons, for a PE the only real viable options mostly revolve around WoC, being the Gold Beretta thingy and the X-Box.

If you're not WoC, you can still use a Slasher with a PP Resistor in and one drug (Redflash), but you'll be using a PA (i suggest Camo).

Unfortunately the other pistols at about that TL aren't great (namely the Judge). Rifle is a much better option for a PE, but if you have WoC, pistol is ok.

Prom_STar
13-05-08, 01:36
Weapon lore is not a problem really, i wouldn't take it much over 100 base as you'll get alot from implants ...

As for the DEX and weapons, for a PE the only real viable options mostly revolve around WoC, being the Gold Beretta thingy and the X-Box.

If you're not WoC, you can still use a Slasher with a PP Resistor in and one drug (Redflash), but you'll be using a PA (i suggest Camo).

Unfortunately the other pistols at about that TL aren't great (namely the Judge). Rifle is a much better option for a PE, but if you have WoC, pistol is ok.

I was under the impression pistols were better for PEs. Personally, I prefer rifles. So if they are better, what rifle should I shoot for? Low tech or high?

landofcake
13-05-08, 09:04
Personally i've got a High Tech Rifle PE (mainly because it doesn't take much to spec enough high tech for the rifles what with the amount the imps give you), but i mainly use low tech guns ...

His staple being the Desperado, Libra, Ionic Shotgun Rifle and sometimes things like the Ray of God, Pain Easer and Terminator. You can also use a Redeemer for hunting too.

danmalone
13-05-08, 13:00
Hightech pe's can also use a stabber rifle (nice stats required tho tbh) Very viable pvp alternative and reasonably cheap too :)

Okran
13-05-08, 13:43
Ooo the Stabber Pulselaser rifle, where can I get one of those?

Jason Parker
13-05-08, 13:50
Hightech Rifle Smuggler in Canyon Facility (TG-Canyon) or Tech Haven sells them.

Dribble Joy
13-05-08, 16:12
Personally, I have as much in WEP as possible, only 30 points in PSU.

RAB
13-05-08, 20:50
I was just about to make a Pe purly for pvp, and was under the same impression that pistols were better ?

So are rifle PE's better for this role?

thx

landofcake
14-05-08, 09:11
I prefer them and find it much better choice without WoC, but with WoC, Pistols is probably a better option.

RAB
14-05-08, 10:12
Hmmm. K thanks.