PDA

View Full Version : [Event] Master Hunter Tournament

Chenoa
10-05-08, 07:29
GM Paralax prepared an event for you [Terra] :

Do you think you’re the king of the wastelands? Or are you just a Master Hunter wannabe?

If you or your friends think your tough enough why not come and try your skills in the Master Hunter Tournament.
On Saturday 7th of June 8pm CEST (7pm BST) the Master Hunter tournament will begin.

This event is a timed event and all successful runs of the course will be added to the leader board. There will be 3 categories to the tournament solo competitors, 2 man teams and 3 man teams. The tournament will be run periodically, so don’t worry if you don’t get chance to compete on the first day and at a later date to be announced the tournament will award prizes to the top places in each category.

The Event will only be held on Terra so any Martian’s or Mercurian’s wishing to enter will need to level up a Character on Terra. Do not panic about getting a char levelled up by june 7th as the tournament will be held on future dates as well (when?, yet to be decided).

RULES FOR THE TOURNAMENT

RULES FOR COMPETITORS
1. The course consists of 6 battle areas or sectors. The time will start when the first runner enters the first sector and will not end until the last runner exits the last sector.
2. As the first runner enters the first area the first mob or mobs will be spawned. The runner/s must kill all mobs in a sector before moving on to the next sector. The mob or mobs in the next sector will be spawned as soon as the previous sector is clear and the first runner enters the next sector.
3. There is a Go Guardian by the start of the course and 1 in sectors 3 and 5 which can be used.
4. For solo runners there will be a maximum of 3 GM rezz’s per round these will incur a 30 second time penalty as well each time. If you die a fourth time your run is over. For 2 man team and 3 man team there will be NO GM rezz, it is your choice as to whether you take a PPU as part of the team or not. But remember the time doesn’t stop until the last team member crosses the line so if you have no PPU and one of you dies your run is over.
5. No AOE weapons are allowed any one seen using them will be disqualified.
6. A runner can only enter in one of the 3 event classes either the solo, 2 man or 3 man team. This means 3 chars on one account are able to enter one in each of the 3 classes.
7. In future tournament rounds, preference to run will be given to those runners who have not already attempted the course. (different runners on the same account not included)
8. THE GM’s DECISIONS ARE FINAL

RULES FOR SPECTATORS
1. There will be no weapons or spell or tools allowed in the zone. Only runners actually running the course may draw weapons, if you are a competitor but not actually running the course this rule applies to you as well. Event rules will apply. Avoid any problems leave your weapons spells tools in your Go Guardian for safety.
2. No spectator is allowed within the battle areas, Grandstands are situated around the course for your viewing pleasure. Use the seating provided.

Applications should be sent to Contest@reakktor.info (Deadline 6th of June!!!) . Please include the following:
Account Name
For solo runners just the runner's name.
For 2 man and 3 man teams please include the team name and the names of the team members.

Questions please post here. Will talk to Paralax and answer you soon as possible!

Regards,
Chen

(because I am on vacation from May 12th-19th, someone else will post for me)

aKe`cj
10-05-08, 11:01
very nice to see large events are not yet extinct http://forum.neocron.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

I guess this will be the right occasion to install boot camp and sniff some neocrack again :angel:

Faid
10-05-08, 16:25
I can't wait to get my droner in this event :D

YA5
10-05-08, 19:40
Intresting - whats about the awards?

Road runner
10-05-08, 20:26
Everyone gets the award - having fun ;)

I'm sure it will be the traditional 3 trophies plus maybe WoC PA 3? It's about time they dished out a couple more of them... or even some other GM spawn only items.

If it wasn't dead centre of my exams I'd def be there :(

It's a good idea though.

P.S This event kinda reminds me of Gladiators which is coming back to TV in the UK... maybe you can make some NC related Gladiators events :angel:

CMaster
10-05-08, 21:38
P.S This event kinda reminds me of Gladiators which is coming back to TV in the UK... maybe you can make some NC related Gladiators events :angel:

Genious. GM maxxed out characters are the gladiaors, competeing against players in a variety of challenges, until the end is just player vs player in the eliminator. Would be awesome.

Road runner
10-05-08, 22:32
Check these out for ideas:

Gladiator Events (http://www.gladiatorszone.co.uk/events/)

I can see obstacle course, duel, pursuit, pyramid, climbing wall kinda working. Would be good fun i reckon.

Voodoo_Magic
11-05-08, 16:57
Check these out for ideas:

Gladiator Events (http://www.gladiatorszone.co.uk/events/)

I can see obstacle course, duel, pursuit, pyramid, climbing wall kinda working. Would be good fun i reckon.

Although i vastly agree. The current status of neocron means a GM run speed and jump abilitiy is "slightly" unfair ;)

Players cannot match the speed of a gm

Road runner
11-05-08, 17:25
I bet most GMs can't aim tho :P

Any care to prove me wrong?

CMaster
11-05-08, 19:10
Although i vastly agree. The current status of neocron means a GM run speed and jump abilitiy is "slightly" unfair ;)

Players cannot match the speed of a gm

Thats the point - just like none of the contenders can really match the gladiators for strength or the way the rules are set out.

Voodoo_Magic
11-05-08, 20:47
true, but if its obstacle or climbing or even pvm the contenders would not stand a chance. And on the aiming method some can aim.

I point to the first MOTU, When Giga ( zeltarg ) was so happy he got a apu to fight. Then the poor GM APU with his capped psi pool PE resists capped health and capped dmg raped him in mear seconds.

Then there was 15-20minute fights where the GM's wouldnt die, but couldnt aim for shit

RAB
12-05-08, 13:14
maybe I'm being fik! (likely) but where will this be held?

Hoder
13-05-08, 15:34
A special arena has been created and access from Plaza 1 will be available shortly before the start.

jonnyboy21
13-05-08, 22:23
Will there be some video footage for those who might be unable to attend the event?

Hoder
15-05-08, 01:04
I'm sure there will some kind volunteers out there with some video capture software and a kick-ass PC ;)

Prom_STar
15-05-08, 01:46
I'll have returned to Neocron by the time this event happens, but since I'm starting a new account, leveling from scratch, not sure I can get a character ready in time. Still, I'll gladly be a spectator. :cool:

Chenoa
20-05-08, 09:30
Only 2 team registrations so far ???

Come on !!!

Biglines
20-05-08, 13:33
im too low a lvl, and tbh i dont know what ill do in an hour, let alone know what ill do in 5 days

danmalone
20-05-08, 13:38

Come on !!!

I would be willing to do this i suppose, whats the chances of getting a gold woc pa as a prize? :angel:

I think that and maybe one of the trophys would maybe get more interested :rolleyes:

Chenoa
20-05-08, 14:35
You mean, you only want Events to get high level prizes ?

:cool:

Be sure, there will be nice prizes ;)

Chen

Matanius
20-05-08, 14:45
Well I know that I'll be entering just sorting out teams etc :p

tbh honest though I'm not overly surprised. With peak pop being 8-9% atm I wouldn't have expected a huge turn out :(

Faid
20-05-08, 15:48
You mean, you only want Events to get high level prizes ?

:cool:

Be sure, there will be nice prizes ;)

Chen

What are the rewards going to be exactly? I don't want to do this if Im gonna end up with 20k nc and a trophy. :p

Brammers
21-05-08, 13:31
Faid - just come for the fun! :cool:

Got a team of 2 together at the moment, hoping to get a 3rd member. Can the 3rd member be added on the night or does it have to be on the entry email when I send it?

Road runner
21-05-08, 14:33

Come on !!!

I can't forward plan my neocron time and nor can many others.

I think that 2 hours before the event starts you should advertise in the announcement channel that you can still apply for the event for the next hour and half. I'm sure that would get you more teams, because people would be able to say, "yeh i can stay online for a couple more hours tonight, i'm going to go for the event" etc and then they'll get a couple of buddies together and you'll have more entrants!

Basically I'm saying, you shouldn't stop taking entrants two days before the event, you stop taking them like 20 mins before!

Zheo
21-05-08, 15:28
I can't forward plan my neocron time and nor can many others.

I hope the rest of your life is more organised lol.

My teams in I think no confirmation email, so how do we know if we're entered or not?

nikkon
21-05-08, 16:47
so this is going to happen around plaza 1 is that right? i would join but i am too low . what time would this be happing also i am in the usa west coast

nellus
21-05-08, 17:15
A special arena has been created and access from Plaza 1 will be available shortly before the start.

No its in an area that will be accessible from plaza 1

If west coast is 7 hours behind then it will be 12:00 hours for you (sorry i don't know what west coast actually is)

Chenoa
21-05-08, 17:52
Faid - just come for the fun! :cool:

Got a team of 2 together at the moment, hoping to get a 3rd member. Can the 3rd member be added on the night or does it have to be on the entry email when I send it?

If possible please write it in the mail.

The registered teams so far:
3-runner-team:
Angry Apes Hunting Party
2-runner-team:
UNSC
Team Cosa Nostra
Solo:
Chakotay

Hint by Para: But if we don't get MINIMUM 3 teams/solo per level, we can't start this event and have to cancel it.
So please register in time!!! (until 23rd evening , new Deadline!)

Brammers
21-05-08, 19:29
Ok thanks, with the extra day on the deadline I will know for sure whether my team will be 2 or 3 man team.

Edit: Just noticed

A runner can only enter in one of the 3 event classes either the solo, 2 man or 3 man team. This means 3 chars on one account are able to enter one in each of the 3 classes.

If I got that right, I can use one character, for the 3 man team, and another for the solo? If thats the case, I'll also enter as solo as well as my 3 man team.

Doc Holliday
21-05-08, 19:37
i should be in this weekend i think. Sorry for short notice if anyone i know needs an extra pair of legs i will gladly take part. i can be on at 7 onwards for sure. send me a pm or catch me on msn people.

nikkon
21-05-08, 20:22
ok i am on the west coast of usa can anyone tell me what time here the event would be i would like to watch it and if i understand right it will be a area added to plaza 1?

Doc Holliday
22-05-08, 19:42
ok i am on the west coast of usa can anyone tell me what time here the event would be i would like to watch it and if i understand right it will be a area added to plaza 1?

i think central dallas time is about 5 hours behind Uk time which is bst. isnt west coast another hour behind that? i guess its gonna be about 12pm midday for you nikkon. alternatively its 6.45 pm almost as i write this post. if you see it then work out the time it is for you from there :)

Silentium
23-05-08, 16:03
Because of the current problems we face the event will be moved to june 7th.

The deadline will also be extended till june 6th so you can still enlist to this event.

nikkon
24-05-08, 02:29
thanks doc you are about 2hrs ahead of me so i will fig it out from there thanks

Heavyporker
27-05-08, 06:51
OOOGOGHHHHHHH!!!

If my laptop didn't have such problems with Neocron 2, I would be ALL FREAKING OVER THIS!

*tears trinkle down face*

Phiberdelic
28-05-08, 04:07
Can you list the runners/teams you already have signed up. I havent received email confirmation so just want to make sure you got me down for a solo run.

danmalone
30-05-08, 11:30
Can you list the runners/teams you already have signed up. I havent received email confirmation so just want to make sure you got me down for a solo run.

Likewise, i wanna know what im up against and make sure i am actually down for this :)

nikkon
05-06-08, 22:39
so the new date for the event is the 7th what time so i may do the math for my time zone lol i would like to watch my first event before i join one lol

Chenoa
06-06-08, 18:47
so the new date for the event is the 7th what time so i may do the math for my time zone lol i would like to watch my first event before i join one lol

On Saturday 7th of June 8pm CEST (7pm BST) the Master Hunter tournament will begin.

Click here for the Timezones (http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=7&month=6&year=2008&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=37)

---------------------------------------------
Message from Paralax:

Entrants confirmed for the Master Hunter Tournament

Solo Runners
Phiberdelic
Strom Alchofrolic
Chakotay

2 Man Teams
Team: UNSC ........Runners: Hogith, Goatt
Team: Team Cosa Nostra ......Runners: Mr Neutron, Phiber-Medic

3 Man Teams
Team: SeXoRs......Runners: Flammable, Montgomery, Immersion
Team: Angry Apes Hunting Party.......Runners: Zheodaine, Tiberious, Harmony
Team: Pandogs! .......Runners: Trinity One, Matan, Menehune
Team: Gang Bang Gang ….. Runners: Austin Powers, Hogg, Don't Mess

Entrance to the event zone will be available from 18:30 BST. The entrance will be outside Medi-Care in Plaza 1. The event will start at 19:00.
Hope to see you all there.

nikkon
06-06-08, 20:11
ok thanks for the info it will be 11am sat for me i will try to be there to watch might run next even maybe good luck to all the teams and solos

Dont Mess
07-06-08, 22:13
GANG BANG GANG

A.K.A Austin Powers
Hogg
Dont Mess

ARE WINNERS !!!!!!!

Faid
07-06-08, 22:53
[ edited ]

Brammers
07-06-08, 23:11
Faid - how is it you moan about every event that is on?

I enjoyed it, except the fire mobs completely owning us. 8| So when is the next re-run, hopefully the mobs wont escape next time!

Dribble Joy
07-06-08, 23:16
All good fun, and lessons have been learned for future ones.

Some suggestions:

Don't use fences, the mobs can easily walk through them. Use the big wall things that were spread around (if possible) to prevent them from exiting the areas.

Make sure all the mobs in an area are spawned at the same time and in the right places. On one occation 3 of the 5 aggies in the first area didn't spawn right away.
Then there was the issue of the monk's being spawned late and then away from where it should be (also the monk's could shoot through terrain, making it very hard when they were first spawned right next to each other).

Also, make sure it's possible for a team to actually complete, as me, bramms and matan found out with the monks.

Faid
07-06-08, 23:23
Faid - how is it you moan about every event that is on?

Because it's always the same Bram, piss poor implementation, no communication, and an overall clusterfuck :lol: I then ask if one of the four GM's there could spawn me some of my compensation items and they all ignore me and log off. Typical kk.

Nidhogg
07-06-08, 23:29
Because it's always the same Bram, piss poor implementation, no communication, and an overall clusterfuck :lol: I then ask if one of the four GM's there could spawn me some of my compensation items and they all ignore me and log off. Typical kk.
This coming from the guy who didn't even turn up on time (and should therefore have been disqualified) and was warped to the event by one of the aforementioned "piss poor" GMs so he could compete. I think it's best if you laid low for 3 days because I'm about ready to remove you from this forum permanently.

N

Dont Mess
07-06-08, 23:33
im abit annoyed, i got warped out and i wasnt being disruptive. I missed out on everything after i won including saying what prizes would be given. I DMed GMs and had no reply :(

gstyle40
07-06-08, 23:40
for your information mr nidhogg he was there on time. the game wouldnt let him connect for some reason, then when he could connect it put him back in p1. if your gonna post stuff like this at least get the facts straight. nobody did anyone any favors here. and u can ban me from forums too cuz i really dont give a flying fuck....have a bad day

as a matter of fact same thing happend to gm paralax at the awards ceramony. everyone waited around for a good hour til he could connect again...but hey, what do i know. im sure ill get banned from forums and nid will say somethin behind my back as well :/

Nidhogg
07-06-08, 23:50
for your information mr nidhogg he was there on time. the game wouldnt let him connect for some reason, then when he could connect it put him back in p1.
Was it the GM's fault he was kicked out?

1) Yes - in that case he was being disruptive
2) No - then it's not the GM's fault

Then the GM warped him to the event so he could compete. What thanks does that GM get? None, just insults. We can all do without that.

N

gstyle40
07-06-08, 23:54
the gm was thanked for warpin him from his appy back in. he was thanked 3 times if i recall. but we can ALL do without insults includeing yo0urs

G

Austin Powers
08-06-08, 03:49
sigh.....

yet again SXR whining about losing...

i believe that makes Clan Serious Best at both PvP and PvE now doesnt it?

and you moaned at the gms saying it wasnt timed propperly - does that mean you was implying they did it to help us win or something - if i recall you was calling all Serious TERRAists earlier that day so wouldnt the GM's be against us if we was TERRAists?
we was simply the better team nuff said you dont like it then quit and play wow or hush up and face that we are better than you :lol:

braydagner
08-06-08, 08:05
LULZ... if you say so, chum....p

gstyle40
08-06-08, 10:30
sigh.....

yet again SXR whining about losing...

and you moaned at the gms saying it wasnt timed propperly - does that mean you was implying they did it to help us win or something - if i recall you was calling all Serious TERRAists earlier that day so wouldnt the GM's be against us if we was TERRAists?
we was simply the better team nuff said you dont like it then quit and play wow or hush up and face that we are better than you :lol:

wtf makes u think u and ur clan are best at anything? whenever we do decide that we will give u bunch of nuckleheads a fight we wip the crap outta u. we control when we fight u, not u. its so funny, if we dont fight ur lil ragtag bunch of hooligans u all cry about it and try to call us out on ooc, and now on the forums it appears. i just wish the people in charge of that clan would tighten the reigns a lil when it comes to ur clan tryin to bad mouth people. thats part of the reason why we choose to not fight ur clan. its no fun, and all u do is talk shit afterwards. we r sick of it, and quite honestly wouldnt care if u all unsubbed. im sure there are alot of other clans that wouldnt mind either tbh. bad thing is i actually like a few of the people in that clan, and they know who they are. its just a few of u that give that clan a bad name simply put, and now it looks like austin powers is one of them as well......its a shame :/

Nidhogg
08-06-08, 11:46
Keep it down, guys.

N

Matanius
08-06-08, 12:21
Meh, I enjoyed it. If this is going to be done again in the future, a few suggestions;
Proper fences! lol as Mr.DJ said, nothing more to add really.

Something that I noticed quite often is that with some teams the mobs were spawned in the area before they got there, meaning they could just get straight on with it, with others they were allowed to run half way into an arena and then the mobs were spawned or only half were spawned, the team killed them, then went of to the next arena only to find that the rest of the mobs in previous arena are now spawned so they had to run back. Can we please have a bit more consistency next time?

The other one is that which ever Runner/Team goes first is at a distinct disadvantage to the following teams as they have no idea what mobs are going to be spawned. Could we please be told or shown what mobs are being spawned at the beginning of each run for the sake of being fair to all teams/runners?

Otherwise...pretty good. I certainly enjoyed myself anyway :)

Ishmael/Mystic
08-06-08, 13:51
hehe i only saw serious and matan's group but it was funny, specially the fence, i remember saying on vent, only KK could make fences that don't work...

As for the sxr, serious thing, meh i missed it so i have no view, cept that they didn't give 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes.. pretty sure they said they would, and they always have... then again... cept babesuits and ars's what item doesn't every1 already have... heh

I must say thanks for an event, and i hope this isn't the last (points towards a football themed event)

Zheo
08-06-08, 13:56
Sorry we missed it, because of the date change I was working when the event took place :(

Dribble Joy
08-06-08, 14:20
cept that they didn't give 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes..
There probably would have been if there were more entrants.
And there were 1st prizes, but like I said, with the compensation thing going on it's better for them to give out stuff you can't ask a GM for over the next week.
We'll get WoC 3 PAs and stuff later on.

Ishmael/Mystic
08-06-08, 14:36
There probably would have been if there were more entrants.

fair enough.

lol at banning faid just for saying what everyone, even most gm's say about KK.

gstyle40
08-06-08, 15:31
fair enough.

lol at banning faid just for saying what everyone, even most gm's say about KK.

faid and nids banhammer have a lottttttttttttttttt of history together :p

Austin Powers
08-06-08, 16:17
[ edited ]

flib
08-06-08, 16:51
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
08-06-08, 16:59
Keep the in-game stuff in-game, and the spam in the can.

N

Okran
08-06-08, 18:49
Well I enjoyed the challenge myself (Strom). I did expect a Drom or so in the first area, but after that I expected the mobs to be much tougher than they were. So I was a little suprised really. I do agree that there should be a list of what mobs will be placed in each area.

I thought it was a little unfair in two apects: the first is that when I started my run I was bugged and couldn't pull anything out from my quickbelt so I had to re-log which wasted a lot of time. As I hadnt started and even though I had stepped over the line, my run should have been made void and I should have been asked to start again. The second thing was on Phib's run someone from the crowd started sniping the doomreaper and then some spy (maybe the same one) unstealthed in the area and shot the doomreaper a few times then stealthed away.

It was an event though and I was in it to take part for fun and I still enjoyed it. Unfortunately I had to get my son bathed and ready for bed shortly afterwards so I couldn't stay on all night.

I hope there is another one soon.

gstyle40
08-06-08, 19:39
yea, overall i think it was alot of fun. the main problem was all the people tryin to ruin the event. its stupidity at its worse tbh and those troublemakers shouldnt be tolerated at all imo. warp them to doy tunnel level 3 for their crimes against an official event and if they drop somethin valuable in the belt when they die its their own fault. i would love to see this event again somewhere down the line with more participants next time. good job under the circumstances though

Okran
08-06-08, 19:54
Aye for troublemakers they should have a Nuisance Cage setup in the middle of the zone where they get put if they mis-behave. Then they can't affect the event and because the cage is in the middle, they cannot use the reset position command to get out :lol:

Then we just need some cabbages and tomato's to throw at them ;)

Chenoa
09-06-08, 10:04
yea, overall i think it was alot of fun. the main problem was all the people tryin to ruin the event. its stupidity at its worse tbh and those troublemakers shouldnt be tolerated at all imo. warp them to doy tunnel level 3 ...

A lots were moved to F2 to have a long long walk. Some got a "free vacation"... so it wasn't being tolarted, believe me ;)

And yes, Para will work on this event again. This was the 1st one, a "test". He will overwork the fences as he said. So lets wait and see ;)

regards
Chen

Dont Mess
09-06-08, 10:34
i dont understand why i got moved to F2, i had just finished my event run and bam outa no were moved. I then could not come back and celebrate the winning with my team mates. Thats the first ever event i won !

Thank you for a nice event but next time look at who you kick, i was not being disruptive in any way what so ever.

CMaster
09-06-08, 11:37
For the record, thicker walls rather than fences doesn't solve anything as far as I understand it. My experience with all this kind of thing in the past has been that the mob code simply doesn't see GM placed items, whether they are 1mm thick or 5m thick. Timed spawns would seem to be the only answer, but if somebody comes up with something better, go for it.

I always got the impression Faid would rather there were no events, as I've failed to see him say a good thing about a single one, ever (even if there is some validity abou the timing issues). And SXR whining about GMs in clans is interesting...

Dont Mess
09-06-08, 13:31
What has happened to the event rewards? ive had no DMs or ingame mails.

VegaH
09-06-08, 16:26
I want to apply for the next runs of this event plz....can a GM put my name on the list of a 3 man team?

Thanks!

Chenoa
09-06-08, 19:44
What has happened to the event rewards? ive had no DMs or ingame mails.

Sorry, Para is away at the moment, RL!

I will mail you all ingame tomorrow, promise!!!!

regards,
Chen

Dont Mess
10-06-08, 01:44

regards,
Chen

GMs have real lives ? :o

Ok cool !

Chenoa
10-06-08, 10:46
LOL, yes we have - sometimes....

My dog and my sports want me in RL :p

btw: btt ;)

Dont Mess
10-06-08, 21:42

regards,
Chen

I just got the e-mail, but what happened to the gold cups ?

Chenoa
10-06-08, 22:01
I just got the e-mail, but what happened to the gold cups ?

You'll get at the date of course ? Thats for sure.