PDA

View Full Version : For when I come back

Prom_STar
09-05-08, 07:06
I'm returning to NC in a week or so. Soon as school gets out and I don't have to deal with their firewall anymore, I'm signing up.

So a question.

Back in the day I really liked my HC PEs (I've always liked private eyes in general). I've read up on the forums and it doesn't sound like HC PEs are PvP viable, but I'm mainly interested in PvE right now. In particular, driving and gunning vehicles (rhino eventually).

As I recall, I heard when 2.2 came out that vehicles had been nerfed. Are they still viable for hunting?

NAPPER
09-05-08, 09:42
tanks get proper fucked by fire mobs now so u need alot of repair if u plan on hunting them without having to go back to the asg alot

landofcake
09-05-08, 14:05
In short:

I believe it's now hard for a HC-PE to gun all vehicles due to STR requirements ...

Implant 'nerf' makes it very hard to be a good STR based PE anymore.

If you're desperate, best bet is probably to hunt fire mobs with a tangent epic cannon.

danmalone
09-05-08, 14:48
I'm returning to NC in a week or so. Soon as school gets out and I don't have to deal with their firewall anymore, I'm signing up.

So a question.

Back in the day I really liked my HC PEs (I've always liked private eyes in general). I've read up on the forums and it doesn't sound like HC PEs are PvP viable, but I'm mainly interested in PvE right now. In particular, driving and gunning vehicles (rhino eventually).

As I recall, I heard when 2.2 came out that vehicles had been nerfed. Are they still viable for hunting?

If its PVE ur doing and you wanna be using vhc's u wanna be a tank, they can drive and switch to gunner seat and whatnot and if you find that the vhc's arent performing as u would like u can break out a ravager or creed and long range kill mobs... You can kill grim percys and chasers before they get in shooting range :)

Prom_STar
09-05-08, 18:30
Thanks for the advice. Guess I'll roll a tank. Just checked THN and I don't think it's possible for a PE to ever gun a Rhino. (In NSkill I can get PE str to 82.9. Rhina needs 98.)

Can you roll a driver (the profession) as a tank? Then again, rolling a soldier might be more useful early game (flamethrower as opposed to quad).

danmalone
09-05-08, 18:43
Thanks for the advice. Guess I'll roll a tank. Just checked THN and I don't think it's possible for a PE to ever gun a Rhino. (In NSkill I can get PE str to 82.9. Rhina needs 98.)

Can you roll a driver (the profession) as a tank? Then again, rolling a soldier might be more useful early game (flamethrower as opposed to quad).

Well, you could make a spy driver and do the jones mission to get the quad key, proceed to hide the key in a box and collect it on your tank (or give it to someone trustworthy for them to transfer it) I myself dont find too much of a use for the jones flamethrower... i tend to stick with the tl3 nade launcher then tl23 launcher and go from there :)

Makes it easier cause you can open a door, fire some nades in and by the time the doors close again (this is in aggies and minimises downtime healing :p )

In a post i made a while ago:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=142234

Few ways of leveling different classes, its a bit of a spoiler so be warned! :lol: