PDA

View Full Version : worth coming back?

xavior
08-05-08, 15:36
i know, there have been hundreds of posts like this, sorry.. I have been playing on and off since beta 2 of nc1.. i was wondering.. how is the game going? i am thinking of returning, but starting all over again :) (i wasnt well liked so i will leave previous names out of this....) i was just wondering if this (or within the next 4 months) will be worth coming back, or should i hold out a little longer? its been 2 years since is sexed a drom.. i dont know how long the urge can wait..

Dribble Joy
08-05-08, 15:42
I would cirtainly say the game is better than it was in NC1, as much as others will protest at this.

Come back regardless, at least to find out yourself :).

xavior
08-05-08, 15:48
well no.. i have played on and off since beta 2... i played 2.2.. early 2.2 ... thats when i quit (again) i read that they were going back to (somewhat like) nc1 setup? which i really liked.. i missed the free trial, but considering coming back (need to wait a little first.. just moved, need to get a job, new comp, car, ect first x__x ) but i miss me some drom lovin... =( are droms still around?

pottburter
08-05-08, 15:56
i know, there have been hundreds of posts like this, sorry... but go get a free trial account and scoop around a bit and find out by yourself if it's worth for you to resub.

xavior
08-05-08, 15:59
i dont have my own computer right now :P using my dads.. x__x (yes im 18, and living with my dad still x__x) as i said just moved.. car, job, and comp are primary focuses, games are secondary, i was curious because i miss the game, but i need to wait a while still.. basically just checking up on the current status..

RAB
08-05-08, 16:03
All i can say is that I played for a good few years back in 2002 and stopped shortly after it went to Nc2 for personal reasons.

Just come back about a month +/- ago and am loving it. Really missed it.
I been playing loads of games like Oblivion, Halo3, Mass Effect, Deux Ex etc.. etc... and found I was comparing them all to cron and basically although all good games in their own right, not quite gave me what I got from cron so... here I am again! :D

It's a lot more LE friendly now as well. You can do all the epics etc.. without having to pull your LE. I've done about 5 so far and just capped my Tank, working on Woc now and he still has his LE in. Prob pull it soon... who knows.

I'd say buy the game off Ebay, got mine pretty cheap. You get a free month to make your mind up. More than with the download, cheaper too.

danmalone
08-05-08, 16:53
i read that they were going back to (somewhat like) nc1 setup?

The factions reverted back to near what they used to be in nc1 http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=141165&page=1 (this is alot of the changes in the last major patch, sum very sexy ones indeed :) )

Its nice to see so many people thinking/resubbing. Hopefully you will see sense and get ur ass ingame ;)

Matanius
08-05-08, 17:25
Pffttt....if you're still playing Dan I think I'll stay away :p

xavior
08-05-08, 19:43
who is still around from early nc1 times? also what are the "big clans" now?

xavior
08-05-08, 20:05
heh i quit because of a server crash a long time ago, and when server was back up (my friend and i had a clan apt. , to store all of our stuff to share, we played lan only, lived with him) apt was empty, so we lost everything x__x does stuff like that still happen?

Road runner
08-05-08, 20:37
For MOST people crashes, FRE's, perma-syncs are a very low occurrence. Servers can be wobbly on Tuesdays, but get weekly maintanence on wednesdays. People losing items etc still happens, but very rarely.

SizZLeR
08-05-08, 21:03
Well im still here, however i didnt get to NC before NC2 was about to go final, then i didnt come here after 2.2 as the balancing was soooo screwed up..

However they did a good job in general fixing different things up, ofcourse theres still some work to do, but yet its still better than it used to be in general ;)

So now im back in the game but its not like the sever is overflowing with players, but then, if we all leave cause no more than 50 ppl are online, soon the server will be permanently empty.

NC do need all the support it can get atm, and today i talked ot a new guy in NEXT hq, he told me the game looked nice and he wondered how he could have not known of NC up until now.

So it seems like advertising is totally inadequate... :(

l8m0n
08-05-08, 23:33
Not yet.

The pop isnt too bad for neocron (Still low at various times).. Server stability seems to be poor at the moment and we cant seem to get any official word as to whats actually going on with the future of neocron regardless of how many threads etc..

If this game was free it would be a totally different matter, however its not so do yourself a favour and save your hard earned pennys and spend it on something worth-while.

Crack on with the free trial as someone suggested and see for yourself.

Nidhogg
08-05-08, 23:39
Not yet.
I was wondering who was going to be the party pooper.

My advice (FWIW) would be to enjoy anything for what it is right now. If you wait until tomorrow you'll never know what you're missing.

N

Selendor
09-05-08, 01:56
Well, anyone who was at the excellent 2 hour-long op fight that just happened between TG and TT at Soliko would tell you this game still has plenty to offer. :cool:

Kanedax
09-05-08, 04:14

The major clans right now are After Dark of TT, Serious of TG, and SXR of BT. However there are multiple smaller clans that are in the opfight scene or soon to be in it such as 35 and 12 monkeys who are TH and City Admin Troopers who are CA.

Well, anyone who was at the excellent 2 hour-long op fight that just happened between TG and TT at Soliko would tell you this game still has plenty to offer. :cool:

Hehe yeah that was fun, sorry I disappeared, some things came up that required my attention.

xavior
10-05-08, 15:59
i am interested in coming back now x__x this game used to be so addicting.. i coulnt play with less then 3 accounts (had to have 1 hc tank, 1 mc tank, 1 rifle spy, 1 pistol spy, 1 cst, 1 researcher, 1 droner, 2 ppus, 1 apu, 1 rifle pe, 1 pistol pe) :P i guess ill pawn off my magic:the gathering cards, for money to buy a shitty, yet acceptable comp (can play cs:s, neocron, wow, in max settings) thats all i care about :P hopefully see you guys in a couple weeks ^__^

NAPPER
10-05-08, 18:36
i am interested in coming back now x__x this game used to be so addicting.. i coulnt play with less then 3 accounts (had to have 1 hc tank, 1 mc tank, 1 rifle spy, 1 pistol spy, 1 cst, 1 researcher, 1 droner, 2 ppus, 1 apu, 1 rifle pe, 1 pistol pe) :P i guess ill pawn off my magic:the gathering cards, for money to buy a shitty, yet acceptable comp (can play cs:s, neocron, wow, in max settings) thats all i care about :P hopefully see you guys in a couple weeks ^__^

Good Luck :angel:

flib
11-05-08, 00:22
I hate to be a party ruiner, but if you have a life to work on, don't subscibe to Neocron. I have found out the hard way that Neocron is way too potent as a distraction.
If you think that you can balance it, then go ahead, but tread carefully.

StevenJ
11-05-08, 01:41
I hate to be a party ruiner, but if you have a life to work on, don't subscibe to Neocron. I have found out the hard way that Neocron is way too potent as a distraction.
If you think that you can balance it, then go ahead, but tread carefully.
Yeah, I've found it impossible to balance both. Either NC wins, or work wins. When work wins, NC REALLY loses, and vice versa. I've never successfully found the middle ground :(

I'm enjoying running around anonymously at the moment though, PVE mostly. It's nice not to have any stresses ingame, so it's not all negative :)

xavior
11-05-08, 15:36
well i think i can handle it.. i am going to download it today :P reactivate tommorrow now x__x :P but i will just play moderately for now..